PDA

View Full Version : Valentines Day how do you celebrate it??

morningstar55
02-06-2013, 10:48 PM
ok i wasn't quite sure how to word the title for this thread....
but here is some thoughts......
Dutch and I are going to be heading out for a nice dinner outing for Valentines day .... tomorrow ( Thursday) . a week early I know due to my job and all.
so I brought up , that a lot of restaurants have Valentines dinner deals.
Dutch thinks that sounds all fine and all.. BUT .... wonder's if we will have a problem being eligible to get a Valentines special , in what ever public restaurant. I would like to think we shouldnt have a problem.
Dutch is reminding me .... we are in Iowa.... but we will be in des monies.
i think most likely we are just going to order what we want with out any Valentines special thing......

any thoughts on this ???

http://i1146.photobucket.com/albums/o522/buddychange12/Valentines%20Day/v-day-6.gif

LaneyDoll
02-06-2013, 10:54 PM
Well, Riley and I live four hours apart. Add to that, he does not really celebrate holidays.

So, I will send him a gift (because that is what I like to do) and I will spend the day with my kids :)

In the past, I have always attended a masked, erotic art exhibit that is a fundraiser for Rape Response. It is really cool. Lots of lovely artwork, people dressed in everything from jeans to tuxedos, tarot readers, jazz musicians, belly dancers-all under one roof.

But, it is held on the Sunday before Valentine's Day so it is not really a "day of" celebration.

:sparklyheart:

morningstar55
02-07-2013, 02:39 PM
sooo no one has had any problems/ experiences good or bad in a public restaurant to celebrate Valentines or what ever ???

MaggieBluIze
02-07-2013, 03:10 PM
Hey Morningstar ...

I live in the Austin area, which is super gay friendly.

I can say that I never had a problem using or doing a "couples" thing.
A couple is a couple ... A date is a date ... It's never treated as something different.

Most times we've just said, "'We're going to have the Valentine's special" and nothing more.

I'm so happy you are going to be able to celebrate.
This is one of my favorite holidays. I tend to go all out.
It breaks my heart that it's going to be a solo run this year.

Have a blast ... Be a couple ... Be who you are ... Make it a night you will always remember!!!!

feminality
02-07-2013, 06:11 PM
sooo no one has had any problems/ experiences good or bad in a public restaurant to celebrate Valentines or what ever ???

What kind of Problems are you looking to find ?? If your coupon or special deal is for Valentines day then NO you're Probably not going to have it honored ...If you're talking about the Gay Couple thing ... again you said it your self ... You're in Iowa ... where it's legal to marry your same sex partner ... So again No your probably not going to have any trouble

Guy
02-07-2013, 07:23 PM
I know if Valentines Day falls mid-week as it does this year, restaurants will usually run the special for three days after the holiday since it is the weekend.

I doubt they would be prepared to honor it the week before.

The_Lady_Snow
02-07-2013, 07:47 PM
Dutch and I are going to be heading out for a nice dinner outing for Valentines day .... tomorrow ( Thursday) . a week early I know due to my job and all.
Dutch thinks that sounds all fine and all.. BUT .... wonder's if we will have a problem being eligible to get a Valentines special , in what ever public restaurant. I would like to think we shouldnt have a problem.
i think most likely we are just going to order what we want with out any Valentines special thing......

any thoughts on this ???

http://i1146.photobucket.com/albums/o522/buddychange12/Valentines%20Day/v-day-6.gif

I don't think they are going to want to honor a holiday the week before because the specials are a set menu, if you guys are celebrating early you could always call wherever you are going make a reservation, have them set it up with flowers and balloons and go ahead make it your special time a week before everyone else. Maybe if you call ahead and inquire they would oblige. Good luck!

nycfem
02-07-2013, 07:49 PM
We went to an Indian restaurant that had a special Valentine's Day dinner one year. Usually places just want the money, I believe (at least in NYC!). We were considered amusing, I'd guess, lots of smiles at us, which was fine. I kind of had to specify at the beginning that we were a Valentine's couple because they tried to seat us as a non-Valentine's Day dining guests (in a different section of the restaurant that didn't have heart decorations on the table). A little awkwardness and then "ohhhh" :).

This year we are going to another Indian restaurant, the one we went to on our very first date ever, and I think they get the deal with us. We get sly smiles and general kindness whenever we go there, usually for special occasions, which is all good. I requested seating for us at the table we sat at on that first date. What's embarrassing about that is that it happens to be the table closest to the bathroom, so I think it causes some questions when I say, "Please reserve us the table closest to the bathroom." I think that's more embarrassing than the gay issue!

We could choose a gayer restaurant, but we can't help loving Indian food, so we join a mainly straight crowd for Valentine's Day :).

femmeInterrupted
02-11-2013, 03:26 PM
We could choose a gayer restaurant, but we can't help loving Indian food, so we join a mainly straight crowd for Valentine's Day :).

You need to come to Toronto! :) There's an awesome Indian restaurant right in our 'gay village/ghetto' on Church Street. So you get a great queer vibe along with outrageously yummy Vindaloo and Aloo Gobi! ;)

SweetJane
02-11-2013, 03:49 PM

any thoughts on this ???

I think Lady Snow is right. Call ahead and ask for a Valentine's special. Most restaurants just want business.... Even if you kids went out on Valentine's Day in a big city, I don't think either one of our will have eyebrows lifted because of the strong butch-femme ID you both have. Just make sure the reservation is in Dutch's name as Dutch. In a place like Santa Fe, no one bats an eye here. Good luck and have a blast!

thedivahrrrself
02-11-2013, 04:23 PM
Even in Oklahoma I've never had any trouble being recognized as part of a couple. No need to worry about problems until they actually arise.

MsTinkerbelly
02-04-2014, 04:50 PM
Going camping at a lake just up the road from our new place...it's great that we have so much to do here.:hangloose:

C0LLETTE
02-04-2014, 05:23 PM
I join a dating site and hope for the best.

DMW
02-04-2014, 05:38 PM
Very carefully

Venus007
02-05-2014, 04:48 AM
Very sexy evening, I am working 12 hours and she is working 8 hours then we are picking her elderly mom up from the rehab facility where her dad is staying then making dinner and going to bed.
Tah Dah!!!!!! Reel in envy at our wild cosmopolitan lifestyle

easygoingfemme
02-05-2014, 08:23 AM
Valentines happens to fall when we're already planning to be at a three day music/dance festival. I'm threatening to make him take a romantic waltzing class with me on Friday night. Which I think he is secretly more interested in than I am.

KayCee
02-05-2014, 08:36 AM
We're planning on spending the afternoon at a nearby Spa and having some good food and wine at their lounge. Maybe some massages too..we'll see..

Katniss
02-05-2014, 09:08 AM
I have a Valentine's tradition that started when my daughter was a toddler.

Every Jan. 31st I cut out a large heart on paper and write "(kiddo's name), I love you because you are....." and tape it to her bedroom door. Then every night until Feb. 14th I cut out another heart shaped piece of paper and write something I love about her and tape it to her door while she is sleeping. I try and use different colors and patterns of paper and by Feb. 14th her door is covered in beautiful Valentines that remind her how special she is to me and how much she has to offer the world.

What is so neat is as of last year she has been doing the same to my door. I love this special and non-commercialized way to celebrate the holiday.

Katniss~~

KayCee
02-05-2014, 09:17 AM
I have a Valentine's tradition that started when my daughter was a toddler.

Every Jan. 31st I cut out a large heart on paper and write "(kiddo's name), I love you because you are....." and tape it to her bedroom door. Then every night until Feb. 14th I cut out another heart shaped piece of paper and write something I love about her and tape it to her door while she is sleeping. I try and use different colors and patterns of paper and by Feb. 14th her door is covered in beautiful Valentines that remind her how special she is to me and how much she has to offer the world.

What is so neat is as of last year she has been doing the same to my door. I love this special and non-commercialized way to celebrate the holiday.

Katniss~~

This is such a special and sweet idea!

C0LLETTE
02-05-2014, 09:45 AM
Oh Valentines is such a circumstantial celebration. I remember when my daughter's school stopped obliging kids to celebrate Father's Day because so many kids didn't have fathers. I guess I feel a bit like that about Valentines Day... lol.... oh, and sigh.

PinkieLee
02-05-2014, 09:56 AM
Valentines Day... I kinda have love/hate relationship with you.

While I love celebrating with my honey, I HATE how over crowded the restaurants are and how drastic the price markup is on flowers ($50 for a dozen roses... you are kidding me?!) Not to mention every ploy the jewelry stores use to get folks to buy the bling! The last few years, we've either celebrated by a cooking a nice steak dinner at home or by going out a few days before the big day.

This year, I'm going to make some chocolate covered strawberries for D, buy a hanging basket of flowers, and get her a gift card to Home Depot or Lowes (hush it) to put away for when she gets ready to plant all her flowers in the springtime.

lamuymuyfem
02-05-2014, 12:57 PM
Pretty much nobody knows we're a couple yet, so I hope when we stroll in to the Valentine's Dance in all our butch-femme glory, there will be

gasps (the truly nosy)

grins (people who wish us both well)

gloating (me)

sh*t eating grin (my papi)

That's my fantasy, anyway…..

Chad
02-07-2014, 03:40 PM
Morning Star, you could call the restaurant and ask them if there are any restrictions on the special?

I have used ST. Valentines specials and not had any problems from the restaurant just the usual stares from other customers.

Always act like you belong there because you do.

Chad

ruffryder
02-09-2014, 08:34 AM
I went all out one V day with dinner (Bubba Gump's not a Valentines dinner per se), hotel (got the vday's day special suite with champagne and choc covered strawberries, rose petals), and tickets to the opera of romantic music other than that I've never done the "Valentine's day special" The one time I must say was special and should be experienced. Most times I/We do the traditional chocolates, flowers and out to dinner. This year I believe we opted to do our dinner on Saturday due to work and we'll more than likely just go to one of our fav restaurants and I'll be attempting to put together a gift that includes some type of flowers. .

I think you two will enjoy your dinner no matter what and the company as long as you both know it's your Valentine's day. Have fun! :)

kittygrrl
02-09-2014, 09:21 AM
with cake...
http://magickalgraphics.com/Graphics/SpecialOccasions/ValentinesDay/Dark/darkval23.gif

ONLY
02-09-2014, 09:28 AM
This is the first time SS (f) & I will get to spend Valentine's together (we have been together almost 4 years but long distance relationship). I have been thinking of all kinds of things I would love to do for her. I think I have it planned and I hope it is great day *hope no snowstorm, no freezing temps, no ice/sleet* :praying: Won't say what I have thought of or have planned just in case she pops in in the next week :)

SS (f) I want you to know that every day since we met, you have given me reasons to love with all my heart and I know I want to be with you forever.....( at least 65+ years ;) ) I love you xo

little_ms_sunshyne
02-09-2014, 09:34 AM
Long distance makes it a little hard to celebrate BUT the good news is we can celebrate how much we care for each other on any day :)

In the meantime, we did send each other packages with goodies :) lets see what they hold!!!

The_Lady_Snow
02-09-2014, 09:38 AM
Casa de Snow celebrates "Single Awareness Day" where we all treat ourselves to a nice supper and a drink if needed. In Mexican culture this day is referred to as "El Dia de Amistad" where we take a day and show our appreciation to our friends and those close to us.

So no big money dropping going on here as far as flowers, cheap candy, marketed jewelry etc. I'll make the kids a Valentine's with some construction paper, glitter, sharpies and my vivid lack of arts and that is about it. I prefer when the 14th lands on a Sunday because then NASCAR is on and it makes it WAYYYYYY better as far as celebrating anything...

:rrose:

little_ms_sunshyne
02-09-2014, 10:53 AM
Casa de Snow celebrates "Single Awareness Day" where we all treat ourselves to a nice supper and a drink if needed. In Mexican culture this day is referred to as "El Dia de Amistad" where we take a day and show our appreciation to our friends and those close to us.

So no big money dropping going on here as far as flowers, cheap candy, marketed jewelry etc. I'll make the kids a Valentine's with some construction paper, glitter, sharpies and my vivid lack of arts and that is about it. I prefer when the 14th lands on a Sunday because then NASCAR is on and it makes it WAYYYYYY better as far as celebrating anything...

Exactly Amiga :)

The_Lady_Snow
02-09-2014, 03:13 PM
Exactly Amiga :)

:musicnote: you make me happy, when skies are grey :musicnote:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ScJKx-w1NTA/TzqJSdh9glI/AAAAAAAAELU/N39QO8sbXA4/s1600/tarjeta-dia-amistad.jpg

deathbypoem
02-09-2014, 03:31 PM
We are both so simple and easy to please so V-Day is going to be just that. Some awesome and yummy take-out, a great movie, quality time. We don't want to go overboard b/c after all, it is about spending time with the one you love... not crushing your bank acct. Glad we agree on this one

imperfect_cupcake
02-09-2014, 06:27 PM
I don't. I have never celebrated valentines day. I did have one partner when I was 19 who thought it was the best day ever. For him, I celebrated. My mom always sends me a valentine though and that's always really sweet.

I think most days are valentines days. I used to bake love tarts or scones or cakes with love messages in them for my ex wife all the time. We used to make each other little boxes and cards and notes for no reason. Take each other on pic nic dates and sit in the tub together and laugh. I don't need valentines. It should be that way as often as you can.

candy_coated_bitch
02-09-2014, 06:41 PM
I've never been the kind of person who bought into the commercial side of Valentine's Day. It's kind of gross really--like you're OBLIGATED to buy your partner candy and flowers and jewelry and cards and expensive dinners. And god forbid you don't have a date that day...

In the past I have celebrated, or not, in many different ways. I do like the idea of having a special day to celebrate love. And that can be many things. I have spent many Valentine's days happily single, I have given cards and flowers to dear friends, or doing special little things with partners.

My current partner and I met at a conference that ran from the 13th-15th of February. We consider February 13th 2010 our anniversary date, but those few days are really special to us. So, we do celebrate both our anniversary and Valentine's day by doing something special those couple days. Although I do tell him he has to get me a card for both our anniversary and Valentine's day to be a shit. LOL

This year I have no idea what we are doing. He is surprising me.

TagHeuer_07
02-12-2014, 07:09 AM
If i have woman i would take her to nice restaurant or going to movies, or something nice of course chocolate lol but im hardly to eat chocolate much if im stress yes i would eat much as i would, wouldnt be nice to have romantic for special night with woman (nice dream)

So im single right now, i wish everyone enjoyed their valentines with loves one

silkepus
02-12-2014, 07:34 AM
https://24.media.tumblr.com/c326b494967cef0c01f5064dbc9babb5/tumblr_n0suhb4ABB1s9jqj2o1_500.gif

TagHeuer_07
02-12-2014, 08:02 AM
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

https://24.media.tumblr.com/c326b494967cef0c01f5064dbc9babb5/tumblr_n0suhb4ABB1s9jqj2o1_500.gif

torchiegirl
02-12-2014, 08:37 AM

this if fabulous! i am jealous of the construction paper cards with glitter, those are always the best kind and the NASCAR does make celebrating anything wayyyyy better! driving a NASCAR round the track is on my bucket list... woOt!

salud!

princessbelle
02-12-2014, 09:56 AM
I will be working. But. Come to think of it. It is suppose to be about love...and even though it won't be romantic love i will at least get to talk to a few of our sickly elder population and wish them a happy V day.

So, actually i think it will be a great V day after all.

*Anya*
02-12-2014, 10:05 AM
Last year, she sent me 18 long-stem red roses to my job.

This year, our belts are a little tighter so I think I will make a nice roast instead of going out.

I did order pink and red M&M's that I had them put a picture of us on one side and "forever" on the other.

I think she will be surprised and will like them.

:eatinghersheybar:

TruTexan
02-12-2014, 11:29 AM
I've been single for some years now and not dating. So, Valentine's Day is just another day for me. I don't celebrate it unless I am with a partner. I just call my mom that day and let her know how much I love her. That's about it.

Sweet Bliss
02-12-2014, 01:26 PM
So many lovely ways to express a day of just loving your sweet heart...

for me? no cards or candy. no flowers or dinner out on the town. no sweet lil notes in pocket with chocolate kisses.

no drive along coast, stopping for hot drinks along the ocean's edge...watching the sun set.

no gathering seashells, looking for buried treasure.

No soulful declaration of love looking deep into my soul.

the same this day as any other...

It's my daughter's birthday. I celebrate her.

Honestly I don't want my feelings hurt anymore . After over 50 years of being treated like a non person, i have concluded I truely mean very little to other human beings.

perhaps this is the year i finally get it. .... there is no soul mate for me... just dogs and cats.

beats being used as a live in maid and cook / nurse, gardener.

Sweet Bliss
02-12-2014, 02:23 PM
Sorry ya 'll... I really need to just shut the hell up when Im in pain.

please ignore my ugly self centered out bursts.

my sincere apologies.

PinkieLee
02-12-2014, 02:42 PM
We've decided to enjoy dinner at home again this year. Steaks & shrimp on the grill... and some cheap $$ wine :)

What's different for us this year, is that we are gonna share the day with some couple & single friends. No lovey dovey crap... just laughter & enjoying time together! Friendships are love and we plan to celebrate!

One of our friends has a fondue set, so we're getting all the fixings for chocolate covered EVERYTHING!

EmJay
02-12-2014, 02:53 PM
This will be one of the first Valentines Days I have spent without a Valentine of my own. Even when we weren't together my ex and I still went out for dinner or lunch or something just to acknowledge that we loved eachother but not this year. We have moved on.

I do however think I will still enjoy the day! My dad is fully paralyzed from the neck down so he needs help with most things. I am going to make him something nice for breakfast and then take him shopping to buy my mom some flowers and deliver them to her at her work. Then we will take her out for her lunch break and have a nice lunch with her, followed by some sort of delicious home cooked meal by me. I think the only thing I would enjoy more than being treated with love on Valentines Day is helping my dad treat my mom to something nice. They are so deserving of nice gestures and love and happiness so yep, I will still enjoy this day!

Electrocell
02-12-2014, 07:18 PM
So many lovely ways to express a day of just loving your sweet heart...

for me? no cards or candy. no flowers or dinner out on the town. no sweet lil notes in pocket with chocolate kisses.

no drive along coast, stopping for hot drinks along the ocean's edge...watching the sun set.

no gathering seashells, looking for buried treasure.

No soulful declaration of love looking deep into my soul.

the same this day as any other...

It's my daughter's birthday. I celebrate her.

Honestly I don't want my feelings hurt anymore . After over 50 years of being treated like a non person, i have concluded I truely mean very little to other human beings.

perhaps this is the year i finally get it. .... there is no soul mate for me... just dogs and cats.

beats being used as a live in maid and cook / nurse, gardener.

I think we all have felt like this one time or another in our lives. Personally I find animals to be very comforting.They are loyal, trustworthy and give unconditional love.

Try going out and just doing something to spoil yourself. Remember you are worth it.

SoulShineFemme
02-13-2014, 07:09 AM
This is the first time SS (f) & I will get to spend Valentine's together (we have been together almost 4 years but long distance relationship). I have been thinking of all kinds of things I would love to do for her. I think I have it planned and I hope it is great day *hope no snowstorm, no freezing temps, no ice/sleet* :praying: Won't say what I have thought of or have planned just in case she pops in in the next week :)

SS (f) I want you to know that every day since we met, you have given me reasons to love with all my heart and I know I want to be with you forever.....( at least 65+ years ;) ) I love you xo

I Loooooooove this sweet post right here my Sugarbear. XO. Nevermind that I came in here snooping to find out what you had planned. *Whistling Innocently*

I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you. I'm head over heels in love with you. You make my world go round and my heart beat fast. Each day brings us closer to the goal.....

Ok so I relinquish Valentine's day control to you BUT I get to start the morning off right. I feel a NEW tradition coming on....

Rockinonahigh
02-13-2014, 01:03 PM
I wish I could celebrate the day with some one but over the past years it has become just another day in the week,sad but true,at least the fur kids keep me in line.

*Anya*
02-13-2014, 01:43 PM
I didn't mention what I got my sweetie last Valentines day.

She has a small collection of crystals and stones from her travels.

I got her a little red velvet bag with 10-12 polished stones that had "I love you" on one side and all the reasons why on the other side of each stone.

She loved it.

We had a housekeeper, right after I gave her a 5-star rating on Yelp, took ithe bag and stones with her as a souvenir on her last day with us.

*Sigh*

Couldn't prove it was her. We just let it go. Didn't change my Yelp review either.

C0LLETTE
02-13-2014, 02:07 PM
this if fabulous! i am jealous of the construction paper cards with glitter, those are always the best kind and the NASCAR does make celebrating anything wayyyyy better! driving a NASCAR round the track is on my bucket list... woOt!

salud!

What happened to driving a Porsche round the ole track?

MsTinkerbelly
02-14-2014, 12:48 AM
Tomorrow we are going out as a family for dinner, and we all bought cards and candy...kasey and i are going camping sat, sun and mon, so we'll have a nice long weekend to celebrate each other and the "us" that makes our lives special.:rrose::chocolate:

weatherboi
02-14-2014, 07:48 AM
Last year was a host of recreated scenes from My Bloody Valentine, the original AND the remake. I am not certain what the day holds here but I am sure it will involve something low just key like last year.

Oh gosh, speaking of Porches, I used to tend bar in college and I had a regular that came in pretty much everyday. He worked for Porsche and would tell me Porsche jokes all the time. Here is just one of many that I have.

A yuppie parks his brand new Porsche in front of the office to show it off to his colleagues. As he’s getting out of the car, a huge 18-wheel truck comes flying along too close to the curb, tears the door off the Porsche, and keeps on going.
Distraught, the yuppie grabs his cell phone and calls the police. Five minutes later, the cruiser pulls up to find him screaming hysterically.
“My Porsche, my beautiful red Porsche is ruined! No matter how long it’s at the body shop it’ll simply never be the same again!”
After he finally stops ranting and raving, the policeman shakes his head in complete disgust. “I can’t believe how materialistic you damn yuppies are,” he says, “You’re all so focused on your possessions that you don’t notice anything else in your life.”
“How can you say such a thing at a time like this?” snaps the yuppie.
“You must be in deep shock,” the policeman replies. “Didn’t you realize that your left arm was torn off when the truck hit you?”
The yuppie looks down in absolute horror. “Damn it to hell!” he screams, “Where’s my Rolex?”

~baby~doll~
02-14-2014, 08:27 AM
W/we are going out to dinner if i remember correctly. Anyway W/we are going out tonight.

GraffitiBoi
02-14-2014, 09:02 AM
More often than not, I have to work. In the past I have taken my cue on how to celebrate based on the wants of the person I am with. One thing I would love to do is prepare an indoor picnic. By this time winter in MN has taken its toll and I want to be outside. So instead I would lock the cats away (they like to steal food), put out a blanket and a nice spread of foods based on what she likes, pour some wine, put on some music, probably have some candles going, and spend time just talking, laughing, smiling, kissing... whatever ;) Yeah, I'm a dork... but I'm cute and loveable.

Daktari
02-14-2014, 09:17 AM
The last one I partook in was 2yrs ago and with the ex. We split up and indulged in 48hrs of sins of the flesh

The one before was with that same ex and was a nekkid floor picnic with lobster and champagne. Followed by 48hrs of sins of the flesh.

This year? Who knows :groucho:

Candelion
02-14-2014, 09:23 AM
....curled up in the fetal position and not answering the phone so nobody will know I'm alone. Lol Just kidding. ;)

silkepus
02-14-2014, 10:43 AM
....curled up in the fetal position and not answering the phone so nobody will know I'm alone. Lol Just kidding. ;)

haha yeah me too, lol, jk, lol haha

https://31.media.tumblr.com/10c006ae11b5ce7662c91a96e8ad3728/tumblr_n0zthb2grD1swb0f8o1_500.jpg

Rockinonahigh
02-14-2014, 01:45 PM
I deside'd to treat myself today to a new back supportive mattress,it will give me many night's of comfortable sleep,if I can't give myself a treat once and a while who can I.I know this isn't very valentiney but will do just fine.

Genesis
02-14-2014, 01:48 PM
Taking my Parents out for dinner and letting them take a stroll down the beach while I have a hot cup of tea ^_^

nycfem
02-14-2014, 04:27 PM
Live from the living room on Valentine's Day:

J (BB's son / my step-son) and A (J's new boyfriend) are visiting us from college. It is like having two giant wild dogs in the house: they laugh, they wrestle, they knock into things, and they chase each other. I saw some Valentine's candies sitting on their futon, and I thought, "Aw, how romantic to see young love." Then I hear J yell at A:

"GET THAT CANDY WRAPPER OUT OF MY ASS CRACK RIGHT NOW!"

Let's just say they are not holding back in front of me!

The three of us are meeting BB later for a sushi double date.

Chad
02-14-2014, 05:08 PM
Hi,

my girlfriend Happyfemme and I are going out for a ST. Valentine's Day dinner.
See the Dinner thread for the menu.

Chad :)

Happy St. Valentines Day!

imperfect_cupcake
02-14-2014, 11:28 PM
I am sending this out to all the singles out there today.

Right now me and the flat mate are hanging out on our mutual couches, we ate home made burgers that I baked the buns for... We are now chilling and playing video games and laughing and listening to Tom waits and singing along.

I am having such a splendid time. And this song came on and it made me smile. Big.

So I'm sending it out to you, singles. to make you smile too :)

Tom Waits - Better off without a wife. CLICKY here! (http://youtu.be/PV7bxC0UVMM)

Happy Friday single valentines, may it be full of whatever it is you bloody well feel like doing lol xx

The Oopster
02-15-2014, 12:05 AM
washed the dog, did laundry, and went to a meeting just another day in my life!

sis
02-15-2014, 12:25 AM
Apparently, I missed Valentine's Day ..... lolol ..... generally, I would have done activities with my students but I'm still on break for Chinese New Year. Thus, it was just another day. I did get a massage yesterday, something I do for me on a regular basis ..... does that count?? Generally, in my family, this day was for kids - mom would buy a card and mini box of chocolates for my sister and I - now that I think of it, my folks had split up when I was young so that's probably why I didn't see anything between adults. When I've been in r'ships, I know I've bought cards but generally I don't buy into the commercialism. I like to think that each day is special when you're with a partner/lover/spouse.

Deb

Breathless
02-15-2014, 02:02 AM
I took the night off (very rare, everyone knows i work way too much) lol.. its a friday (even more rare, almost unheard of) Ordered in some Eastside Mario's, not too bad.. and hung out with my girl for the night.. ( the four legged kind) Still waiting for the worst of this cold to hit, I just know it gets worse than this.

'Who ever said a DIAMOND is a girl's best friend, obviously never had a dog'

peachy
02-15-2014, 04:46 AM
Well it was a good one this year because it is the first year I have ever received a Valentine's card from someone the same sex as myself. 12 beautiful dark red roses and chocolates too. So I was a very lucky grrl. Still young free and single. But love is in the air :-) :bunchflowers:

imperfect_cupcake
02-15-2014, 02:37 PM
(Someone told me the link went to a broken video so here's a proper one!
self love song CLICKY (http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=59r1KFPmT9U&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D59r1KFPmT9U))

ProfPacker
02-15-2014, 03:42 PM
my sentiments exactly. yesterday, spent wonderful day at gym, working out, swimming. Did a hugh shopping at Asian market and came home and kids gave me cookies and flowers and made soup with noodles and dumplings, they cleaned up and it couldn't have been better. Finished off the night watching some episodes of new season of House of Cards on Netflix

perfect...no obligations

stargazingboi
02-16-2014, 07:51 AM
gren and I put together "fancy boxes" for eachother...the idea came from some website that charges a crazy amount for monthly boxes with assorted mystery stuff.

Gren, got me a movie I wanted to add to my collection, headphones (need and wanted a new pair), some of my favorite candy and mixed nuts and other sweet goodies. Oh and I can't forget the Pepe le pew that when you squeeze his foot he talks (long story but pepe is one of my favorite characters).

In Grens box, I put a few books (couple love stories and one with poems), some sweets, a movie, and a hello kitty ...and a few little notes. I made her some hello kitty sugar cookies and put them in with her lunch.

The kids made her cards

I picked up flowers (some from the kids and some from me) and sushi for dinner. We spent the night as a family just enjoying time together

puddin'
02-25-2014, 08:04 PM
ysa5OBhXz-Q

JDeere
03-13-2017, 08:41 PM
I don't. I no longer have a reason to. Blah.