PDA

View Full Version : Keep This Story Going

Girl_On_Fire
04-03-2013, 05:56 PM
I used to write fiction all the time but ever since I started freelancing professionally, I have no time to write. :blink: Yeah, weird I know. I thought I would put this out there as a fun idea for a game.

I'll start a story and all us creative types can keep it going.

Could be fun, interesting, and downright crazy. lol!

Here goes:

Angelica Lyon settled into her favorite recliner and kicked off her two-inch heels. Grabbing the remote, she flipped on the TV and took a sip of herbal tea. The opening credits to her favorite TV show scrolled across the screen. Settling back, she flipped off the small table lamp and allowed her knotted muscles to relax. It had been a long day.

She hadn't realized she'd nodded off until the muffled jangle of her cell phone startled her awake. She jerked, nearly upending the half empty teacup on her lap as she reached for the phone in her purse. Clearing her throat, she flipped it open.

"Hello?"

________

And then what happened?

JustBeingMe
04-03-2013, 06:07 PM
I used to write fiction all the time but ever since I started freelancing professionally, I have no time to write. :blink: Yeah, weird I know. I thought I would put this out there as a fun idea for a game.

I'll start a story and all us creative types can keep it going.

Could be fun, interesting, and downright crazy. lol!

Here goes:

Angelica Lyon settled into her favorite recliner and kicked off her two-inch heels. Grabbing the remote, she flipped on the TV and took a sip of herbal tea. The opening credits to her favorite TV show scrolled across the screen. Settling back, she flipped off the small table lamp and allowed her knotted muscles to relax. It had been a long day.

She hadn't realized she'd nodded off until the muffled jangle of her cell phone startled her awake. She jerked, nearly upending the half empty teacup on her lap as she reached for the phone in her purse. Clearing her throat, she flipped it open.

"Hello?"

________

And then what happened?

The raspy voice on the other end of the phone asked:" How are you, Ang?" and went on to say "It's been a very long time, almost 15 yrs since I last saw you. Do you still recognize my voice?"
Hesitant to speak, Ang waits for a moment to collect her thoughts of who this person could be? She says to the caller :" Your voice sounds familiar, but I can't place it. Who is this? How do you know my name?"........

And then what happened?? ps, lets make this one juicy hee heee hee.

JustBeingMe
04-03-2013, 09:23 PM
just bumping this new thread back out there....

Girl_On_Fire
04-03-2013, 11:08 PM
Hmmm....anybody else want to take the wheel here? ;)

Girl_On_Fire
04-04-2013, 11:01 PM
Frowning, Angie pulled the phone away from her ear and checked the caller ID. "Unknown Number". If she hadn't been half-asleep when she answered, she never would have picked up for an anonymous caller.

Think. Think.

15 years ago? She was just barely out of high school at the time. Quick. Guy or girl? The voice was soft, neutral; so it was really hard to tell.

As the silence grew, she felt her throat go dry and her heart-rate speed up. Eyes darting around the quiet, darkened apartment, it suddenly occurred to her how completely alone she was.

Did this person mean to harm her?

"You still there Ang?" The smooth, silky voice jarred her so she almost dropped the phone.

Had she forgotten there was someone on the phone?

"Um, yeah. Fifteen years ago, huh?" It was hard to keep her tone light around the growing lump in her throat. "That was a long time ago. How did you get my cell number?"

Was this Jack? He'd had a crush on her for months when he worked in accounting. He had her cell phone number only because a well-meaning but extremely dim co-worker had tried to set them up. No. It didn't sound like Jack. His voice was deeper and he had a stutter. There was something confident about this voice. Commanding.

"I have my ways."

She felt her mouth turn into a half-smirk. She pulled her feet up under her on the recliner. Her tense muscles relaxed a bit.

"I see that. So, give me a few clues."

And then what happened?

always2late
04-05-2013, 01:26 AM
"Clues, Ang?" She heard a soft, bemused laugh "I would have thought I'd be more memorable than that."

Angie leaned her head back against the recliner, the phone pressed to her ear. Something in the voice WAS familiar, she could feel a memory skittering along the edges of her mind, but couldn't yet grasp it.

"Fifteen years is a long time," she tried to keep her voice light, "give a girl a break." Angie couldn't help it, she was intrigued now despite her initial sense of foreboding. "Ok...three clues. I don't think that's much to ask after fifteen years, do you?" Silence greeted her query, and for a moment she thought that perhaps her mystery caller had tired of this game and hung up.

She was about to hang up the phone, mentally chastising herself for allowing the unknown caller to draw her into this silly diversion, when the voice, liquid and smooth, came back on the line.

"Bellflower Lake"

She gasped, her fingers gripped the phone tighter, knuckles turning white. She could hear her own heartbeat, thudding in her ears.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And then what happened?

Girl_On_Fire
04-06-2013, 07:59 PM
The name of the place hit her like a punch to the solar plexus. So many emotions flooded through her at once, she felt her breath catch in her throat.

It was hym. Hym. No wonder the voice had sounded so familiar. A pain started in her heart and leaked down into her gut like hot lava. Her hand tightened on the phone as the old hurt hardened in the back of her throat.

"Why are you calling me?"

She was shocked at the tone in her voice. Deeper. Controlled. Cold.

The energy on the other line seemed to shift. She heard an audible sigh.

"So you do remember me." It was a statement, not a question.

"How did you get this number? Why would you call me?"

Another brief pause.

"You're on the website. I never thought I'd see you a forum like that again. Not after what happened. From the screen name, I knew it was you. I clicked on your Facebook profile. You really should change your privacy settings if you're going to have your cell phone number on your page. Anyone can find it you know."

"Obviously." Her voice was pure ice but she didn't hang up. Why didn't she hang up?

"You hate me, don't you?"

"You abandoned me. You seduced me and made me feel things I never even knew existed and then you just vanished. Yes, I hate you."

And then what happened? (I might ask a moderator to move this to "writing or erotica" eventually, especially if it's going to go in the direction I think it's going to go. My original intent was for a short horror story. lol!)

princessbelle
04-06-2013, 08:36 PM
There was a long pause.

Angelica heard the beating of her own heart in her ears. It was pounding out words of it's own. Screams really. Screams of a battered, lonely place that had only been touched by hym, so many, many years ago.

Softly, and slowly hy spoke almost in a whisper, "I know i deserved that. I was just thinking about you. Wanted to see how you were."

She was sitting straight up in her chair now and at attention. Her mind whirling with thoughts, images, feelings, pain. She fumbled around on the table beside her chair, reaching for her drink, spilling a little with her shaking hand.

She took a small sip. Swallowing hard. "How i am?" She asked as though slightly stalling for time.

Think.

After all of these years, hy decides to call on this night out of the blue. But, that is how hy was, or, used to be. Spontaneous. Surprising.

And certainly and not always, in a good way.

JustBeingMe
04-07-2013, 10:29 AM
With a raspy but soft spoken voice, hy says " Yes Ang. I want to know how you are doing. I've been thinking about you and it's like I can't seem to stop. I can't get you off my mind. I've tried but I just can't. I"m sorry I just left you like I did. I had to. I joined the military and I had to leave, but I just couldn't say goodbye, I didn't know how to. I couldn't bring myself to tell you goodbye and goodbye to what we had together. I've missed you and longed for you everyday. I'm back in the states now, not far from you. I"m stationed in San Francisco for the next 5 yrs. I plan to retire then, after 20 yrs of service."

Ang gasps, with a lump in her throat, her heart racing, she gets up out of her chair and begins to pace back and forth. She can't believe what hy's saying, she just can't. Hy left her, abandoned and alone, and now after 15 yrs hy decides to call out of the blue.
Think think....... what does he want? what, why would he call and say these things after all this time has passed and the way hy just disappeared on her. Tears begin to flow from her eyes, upsetting her, flooding her with emotions she hasn't had since hy left, and anger too.

Sounding cold, Ang asks " Why are you saying these things to me? What is it that you want? I can't believe your calling me now and don't understand why, especially after the way you left me."

Linus
04-07-2013, 02:26 PM
*ehrm..*

Just as a reminder this is in the quiz and games section. Totally out where everyone can see. Might want to keep it relatively PG. Know what I mean? *nudge nudge wink wink* ;)

Girl_On_Fire
04-07-2013, 10:38 PM
Silence on the other end.

"The military?" Ang was skeptical. "That's not what I heard at all. Not what I saw. One minute the world revolved around me, the next you were with that girl you were talking to. It was like an insta-relationship. When did the military thing happen?"

Hy sighed again.

"After her and the whole thing is complicated. Very complicated. It's too much to try to explain over the phone. Can we meet?"

Her head was spinning.

"What? Meet?"

Was hy serious?

This was all going way too fast.

Then she pictured hym in her mind's eye. Tall, lean, muscular, dark hair, and piercing blue eyes. Hys leather jacket. Hys hands. The way hy smelled. She remembered everything and she suddenly wanted to curl into a ball and cry.

"Are you still there?" Hys voice was gentle and imploring.

Girl_On_Fire
04-09-2013, 10:39 PM
Anybody want to take the wheel here?

Glenn
04-09-2013, 11:47 PM
"Are you still there?" Hys voice was gentle and imploring.[/QUOTE]

"Noooo" she barely gurgled into the phone, with her head under the pillow, her body curled in the fetal position. He sighed again, " Ang, I know the pillow is over your head and your all curled up in the fetal position. I'm coming over there now!" Suddenly she saw red, and went livid with fury. She jumped off her bed like a tiger, snapping the hand-cuffs off her wrists, and hissed, "Grr-r-r-r-r-r! I hate you! Do what you want with me!" And spit into the phone. Hy laughed at her, "Ha! Ha! That's my Honey!"

easygoingfemme
04-10-2013, 01:18 PM
The phone clicked and hy was gone.

Ang sat there, holding the phone, looking at it. Not sure if she wanted it to ring again from hym, or if she should hurl it out the window so she would never hear hys voice again.

Would hy really know where she was living? Did he have the audacity to show up at her door?

Plenty had happened in 15 years. She was not the same person hy had left behind. She had grown, gained independence, fallen in and out of love, and was happy to be alone right now.

Still, in an instant, she could remember the intense heat of her love for hym back then. It consumed her. She hardly knew herself when she looked back at it. Was it because she was so naive, that he, being older, dominant, and so together, so she thought, that she was just under hys spell? Or had she truly loved him?

She had to think fast, brace herself for if he really did show up at her door.

Girl_On_Fire
04-10-2013, 09:46 PM
Angie stared at the phone and frowned.

What had just happened?

Heart pounding, she started to pace the small apartment. Her throat was dry. Padding to the fridge, she reached in and grabbed some iced tea. With a trembling hand, she poured herself a glass and swilled it down in one gulp.

Would hy really show up at her door? Had hy been stalking her or something? Her phone number was on her Facebook profile, yes, but not her address. Then she rolled her eyes as her own naivety. That information could be easily obtained for free on just about any website.

In the middle of one of her many runs of pacing across the carpet, she caught a glimpse of her reflection in the hall mirror. Wow. Impulsively, she ran into the bathroom, stripped off her clothes, and stepped into the shower. 10 minutes later, she was dressed in her a low-cut but casual top and her favorite jeans. As she carefully applied her make-up to make it look natural, she wondered what the heck she was doing.

A virtual stranger was about to just show up at her door and she was putting on make-up for hym! What did she expect? Hell, what did hy expect? Hys ego always was the size of a...

The doorbell rang.

Girl_On_Fire
04-11-2013, 10:03 PM
*bump*

Thread got moved. Just wanted to see if anybody wanted to add something before I took up the pen again. ;)

Heavenleahangel
04-12-2013, 06:53 AM
Ang felt like she was either about to be sick to her somach or pass out! The feeling in the pit of her gut assured her she was definitely not dreaming! How in less than a hour had her life gone from what was comfortable and "normal" to this moment of anticipation and unsurety? What would compell her to shower and dress up for someone she swore she hated and despised? She was not prepared for what was about to happen.
She walked slowly to the door. Almost too afraid to open it. Her slow, directed steps were unsteady. Her heart felt like it was in her throat. Reaching out for the door knob, she hesitated. Should she open the door? What if hy had changed in a bad way? What if hys intentions were not good? She brushed the fear aside and slowly turned the knob.
There hy stood. Her eyes took in the tall, handsome, dark haired creature her mind and body remembered from so long ago. Her pulse raced. Her brow was damp with perspiration. She tried to hold back her gasp. A flood of mixed emotions invaded her mind and her heart. With a trembling voice she said "It is you!"

Heavenleahangel
04-12-2013, 07:54 PM
BUMP!!!!!!

Girl_On_Fire
04-12-2013, 09:55 PM
"Hello babygirl."

She closed her eyes, swallowing a lump in her throat. Gripping the doorknob so hard her hand hurt, she forced herself to speak.

"Don't call me that."

A wave of nausea hit her full in the gut. She remember the first time hy had called her that and what it had done to her body, her mind, and her soul. It was as though somebody had turned on a switch and the world went from black and white to color. Then hy was gone. Just gone. Like someone had pulled her out of the sunlight and shoved her naked into a snowbank.

"I'm sorry."

The gentleness in hys voice made her open her eyes. She stared at hym.

"What are you doing here? What do you want?"

"You."

Her eyed widened.

"Please don't say that."

A small smile tugged at the corner of hys mouth.

"Apparently, I'm not allowed to say much." Hy looked up and down the sidewalk. A couple passed arm in arm, laughing on the way to their car. "Can I come in?"

She sighed, hesitated, then stepped back to let hym in.

"Do you um...want something to drink?" She was never good at playing hostess. She was a loner and she liked it that way.

Hy asked for a soda. She got one from the fridge.

"Want to sit down?" She indicated the sofa with an awkward gesture. As hy passed her (a little too closely), she got a whiff of hys cologne. It hit her like a punch to the gut. Leather and that cologne. That smell was nothing else like on earth.

They sat.

"Angie, I'm sorry. Very sorry."

She looked hym in the eye. "How could you do that to anyone? I didn't even know myself back then. I didn't even know I was queer when I met you! I know it was just one weekend but it was the most incredible experience of my life."

"We never even had sex."

She shook her head. Hy looked genuinely baffled.

"Why do you think I never got over you? You started a fire you never put out."

Girl_On_Fire
04-13-2013, 10:27 PM
*Bumping this thread*

Girl_On_Fire
04-16-2013, 10:59 PM
Alright anybody who may have been following this thread or contributing to it. I can't finish this. I had a spiritually transformative experience over the weekend that won't allow me to put the type of passion and pain a story like this would need. If anyone is interested in finishing it, that would be awesome. If not. I'm just going to let it drop. I'm just not "there" anymore.

I'm sure in the future I'll write some more original stuff soon with no baggage attached. :eyebat: