PDA

View Full Version : Singing

CXanderRun
04-09-2013, 09:24 PM
So uhm.. I figured that this would probably go here and if it doesn't please tell me the appropriate place to put it.

I've removed the video aspect of this and replaced it with pictures because I was uncomfortable in the video. I've always wanted to do something like this so I thought hey why not make a thread?

So here it goes, Got a video or audio of you singing that you would like to share? Post it here.

I'm going to share one of myself.. Please be warned this is a church song. I'm going to do some other things in the future but for now.. Let's see the singers!

k5cYySCF3Nc

deb0670
04-09-2013, 09:30 PM
i love to sing, but terribly shy when it comes to singing in front of a lot of people..
I used to be a part of a website ( NOT MENTIONING IT HERE) ( learning the rules ) :-)
They had singing rooms and i did that all the time.. cause i knew i couldn't be seen.. *giggles*

CXanderRun
04-09-2013, 09:33 PM
That's awesome, Deb! Well I used a software to rip the audio from the video of me singing and just replaced it with pictures. I hope that you will grace us with a song sometime.

deb0670
04-09-2013, 10:35 PM
ummmm...
maybe sometime, maybe, ..,, lol

CXanderRun
04-09-2013, 10:40 PM
Haha. I suddenly get this feeling that I may be the only one posting songs in here huh? Oh lawdy.

Commmmmmmmmmme on, Deb. Tell me I can count on you. :bowdown:

deb0670
04-09-2013, 10:42 PM
cat got my tongue, got a frog in my throat, i forgot the words, etc etc etc *giggles*

deb0670
04-09-2013, 10:43 PM
on a more serious note.. how does one record something and post it on here? that is ifffff that person ever got enough nerve to do something like that..

CXanderRun
04-09-2013, 10:44 PM
Well, After I edited my video in Windows Movie Maker I uploaded it to youtube then I posted it here.

deb0670
04-09-2013, 10:57 PM
ack! sounds like work. lol
hmmmm

JustBeingMe
04-09-2013, 11:12 PM
I don't know how to make a video, can it be done with your computer? I am not computer savvy. Sounds like a techie geek needed here for that to help us do some stuff. LOL
Thanks for the video Xander, it sure was nice hearing a bro sing a church song, and I sure did enjoy it. Sounds of Ky bluegrass church music to me is awesome!

CXanderRun
04-09-2013, 11:16 PM
Howdy JustBeingMe,

Yeah it can be done with your computer. All you need is a webcam, I used my default program to edit with. If you have a PC it'll be like Windows Movie Maker. As far as needing to be techie you don't really. I just fixed the video how I wanted it. Uploaded it to youtube then linked it here. Whole process took 5-8minutes.

CXanderRun
04-10-2013, 01:44 AM
I hope that helped you!

Aryon
04-10-2013, 02:09 AM
Hope you all enjoy this. Please be sure to read the description. Thanks.

Aryon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWPBz4305A0&feature=youtu.be

CXanderRun
04-10-2013, 02:23 AM
Aryon that's awesome! Thank you for sharing. :hangloose: I'm hoping to do some more modern things soon.

Please continue to share. You just made a fan!

Chancie
04-10-2013, 03:50 AM
I'm not going to sing or anything, but this is a super fun thread!

Daktari
04-10-2013, 09:13 AM
I got some old youtube vids of me singing...they're not very good videos though. :|

I wonder if these work?
http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=6414352&q=hi&newref=1
Who's that girl?

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=9664267&q=hi&newref=1
May You Never

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=7209586&q=hi&newref=1
Time of your Life

The account isn't mine but it's me singing in these three.

thedivahrrrself
04-10-2013, 10:00 AM
J9nrs3LDeYk

Daktari
04-10-2013, 10:01 AM
J9nrs3LDeYk

That's you singing diva?

For those who'd like to have a go at videoing themselves singing all you need is your compact camera and a wee tripod or something else to rest it on. Set to video, press play. Sing! Upload to utoob. Simples!

thedivahrrrself
04-10-2013, 10:16 AM
That's you singing diva?

For those who'd like to have a go at videoing themselves singing all you need is your compact camera and a wee tripod or something else to rest it on. Set to video, press play. Sing! Upload to utoob. Simples!

Yes sir, it is. I just to have a piano player, and we called ourselves Karma Sultra. This one was recorded in a garage studio, but I have used my phone voice recorder to get a capella recordings before, and it does pretty well.

You can then convert the recordings to .mp3 files and upload them to youtube using a video creator. In these videos, I just took images from the web to make something visual for the music.

Daktari
04-10-2013, 10:22 AM
Yes sir, it is. I just to have a piano player, and we called ourselves Karma Sultra. This one was recorded in a garage studio, but I have used my phone voice recorder to get a capella recordings before, and it does pretty well.

You can then convert the recordings to .mp3 files and upload them to youtube using a video creator. In these videos, I just took images from the web to make something visual for the music.

Awesome stuff!! Love it! My guitarist and me record in his back room recording studio as you can hear in the links above - it's been far too long since we got together.

ps. I hope you got copyright free images or asked the artists if you could use their pictures :cheesy:

Hollylane
04-10-2013, 10:34 AM
J9nrs3LDeYk

You have a beautiful voice!

CXanderRun
04-10-2013, 12:33 PM
o.o Holy crap, Diva! *falls over, swoons* That was amazing!

CXanderRun
04-10-2013, 12:36 PM
I got some old youtube vids of me singing...they're not very good videos though. :|

I wonder if these work?
http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=6414352&q=hi&newref=1
Who's that girl?

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=9664267&q=hi&newref=1
May You Never

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=7209586&q=hi&newref=1
Time of your Life

The account isn't mine but it's me singing in these three.

Lmao.. So uh, Who's ready for BFP Idol?

CXanderRun
04-10-2013, 02:35 PM
I'm loving all this talent. Keep the songs coming people!

And thank you to everyone that enjoyed my song. You don't know how much that means to me.

Daktari
04-10-2013, 02:39 PM
Lmao.. So uh, Who's ready for BFP Idol?

My usual line when folks have said such things to me after gigs (singin' used to be m'job) is count me out, I'm too old and too ugly for such shenanigans. :groucho:

CXanderRun
04-10-2013, 02:48 PM
My usual line when folks have said such things to me after gigs (singin' used to be m'job) is count me out, I'm too old and too ugly for such shenanigans. :groucho:

At least you had a line. I would just get really dizzy and want to pass out. Kill case of stage fright.

Daktari
04-10-2013, 03:26 PM
At least you had a line. I would just get really dizzy and want to pass out. Kill case of stage fright.

:cheesy:

Do ya not get practice singin' in church?

CXanderRun
04-10-2013, 10:20 PM
Haha I wish. I can do it in church because everyone there is my family. Put in front of people I don't know? Forget about it! Lmao.

Daktari
04-11-2013, 04:46 AM
Haha I wish. I can do it in church because everyone there is my family. Put in front of people I don't know? Forget about it! Lmao.

Och it's not as bad as you think once you get used to it. I just used to imagine that I was in my living room, singing for friends.

Haven't performed in quite a while. Not since copd hit hard and I don't like what I hear anymore - everyone but me likes what they hear though.

Doin' it in public can be amazing and have it's errrrm perks too. :winky:

Here's a really old video. I can date it exactly because I have hair and was in the process of growing it for turning 40yrs old; that means the vid. is 10yrs old :|

Fogtown mash (M.Shocked/P.Mayfield)
mAoI8Bq6HR0
ps. I'm not the big fat bald dude!

Aryon
04-11-2013, 05:53 AM
Just another contribution to the thread. Hope you enjoy.
OH and don't forget to read the description on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdEkCW2LKW8&feature=youtu.be

Hollylane
04-11-2013, 08:31 AM
Och it's not as bad as you think once you get used to it. I just used to imagine that I was in my living room, singing for friends.

Haven't performed in quite a while. Not since copd hit hard and I don't like what I hear anymore - everyone but me likes what they hear though.

Doin' it in public can be amazing and have it's errrrm perks too. :winky:

Here's a really old video. I can date it exactly because I have hair and was in the process of growing it for turning 40yrs old; that means the vid. is 10yrs old :|

Fogtown mash (M.Shocked/P.Mayfield)
mAoI8Bq6HR0
ps. I'm not the big fat bald dude!

While I truly do enjoy singing, it has always been anxiety riddled for me. I can pull it off, but for the first couple of songs in a show, if you looked closely, you would be able to see my hands shaking, and my knees knocking. I have never gotten past that.

Interestingly, when I was a heavy smoker, every year I got bronchitis, and could barely get a verse out, people always complimented my voice. I was not happy with my voice, but they loved its "smoky" quality, but I knew that I had so much more range when I was feeling well.

Daktari
04-11-2013, 08:43 AM
While I truly do enjoy singing, it has always been anxiety riddled for me. I can pull it off, but for the first couple of songs in a show, if you looked closely, you would be able to see my hands shaking, and my knees knocking. I have never gotten past that.

Interestingly, when I was a heavy smoker, every year I got bronchitis, and could barely get a verse out, people always complimented my voice. I was not happy with my voice, but they loved its "smoky" quality, but I knew that I had so much more range when I was feeling well.

...I have so much less 'range' because I smoked too long and lost more than 50% lung capacity. Other folks love it, I do not.

Performing in public is nerve wracking of course but it's a buzz. Entertaining other folks is better than drugs for me. Despite being an addict I can say that I never performed, for money, whilst pissed/stoned on wet and dry drugs.

It's only just struck me that I've had my gorgeous Fylde Alchemist (work tool guitar) for a decade.

kannon
04-11-2013, 11:15 PM
J9nrs3LDeYk

You have a really deep and rich voice. Pretty dang cool. :cool:

Hollylane
04-13-2013, 09:07 PM
Okay, well this is every bit as nerve racking as singing the first few songs of the night. It took me some time to figure out how to convert it, and upload it to Youtube. I have beat myself up to a pulp while listening to it (this is normal, even when I sing live), but after searching for CDs of me singing, this is the first one I found...Not the best recording job...but anyway, here goes...YIKES! I just used my avatar photo on it, since it is not a video.

BBiSyP1vsq0

gaea
04-13-2013, 10:02 PM
Okay, well this is every bit as nerve racking as singing the first few songs of the night. It took me some time to figure out how to convert it, and upload it to Youtube. I have beat myself up to a pulp while listening to it (this is normal, even when I sing live), but after searching for CDs of me singing, this is the first one I found...Not the best recording job...but anyway, here goes...YIKES! I just used my avatar photo on it, since it is not a video.

BBiSyP1vsq0

Beautiful !!!!!!

deb0670
04-13-2013, 10:38 PM
i have a difficult time posting anything of my singing cause of my setup here.. i cannot just play music and sing with it like i would want due to our living conditions.. Ethan rented out our basement to some friends of his that made an apt down there... so we are always having to be cautious of them and the noise level..
I have a few recording made view the Windows Movie Maker thingy.. but it sounds like i am singing acapella..
after listening to everyone else... i am skeered to post mine.. y'all are just too good!

dixie
04-13-2013, 11:06 PM
Soooooo.....what about those of us that can't sing yet do it anyway? lol

Deb, how about this.....if you post yours (which I'm sure are super good), I will post my drunk living room karaoke version of Rocky Top LOL

(I already KNOW it's horrible, so it can be used as a confidence booster for those folks who CAN sing yet are afraid to post :D)

dixie
04-13-2013, 11:08 PM
Or at least, I will if I can get the movie maker to cooperate. There is NO WAY I'm posting the video part...it's even worse than my actual singing lol

Hollylane
04-14-2013, 03:46 AM
I think this recording is really bad (music is loud, mic is low), but Gaige insisted I post this one...She's partial, just so you know...Just for you Baby :aslIloveyou:

CkIWH_eY8dw&feature=youtu.be

CXanderRun
04-14-2013, 04:08 AM
I can understand why it was insisted on. It's very nice. I like it alot.

Gaige
04-14-2013, 04:10 AM
I think this recording is really bad (music is loud, mic is low), but Gaige insisted I post this one...She's partial, just so you know...Just for you Baby :aslIloveyou:

CkIWH_eY8dw&feature=youtu.be

Thank you babygirl. This took me back to the BFP reunion this past September when you sang it for me on cabaret night. I love you sweetheart. You're awesome!

Hollylane
04-19-2013, 08:34 AM
I'm curious by nature, so I have a question for the karaoke singers in here...

What was the first song you sang at karaoke? Did getting up to sing karaoke for the first time, happen before, after, or without cocktails?

My first song at karaoke took place after one, or possibly three shots of Patrón, and the song only had one word in it (perfect for me, since I probably couldn't have pulled off two words at that point)...Someone put in the request without my knowledge, so I was freaking out a little when the microphone was handed to me out of the blue, and the song came up on the screen...

Tequila!

There was a whole lot of giggling going on in between the "lyric"...:)

thedivahrrrself
06-02-2013, 11:08 AM
Recorded on my phone, not the best quality but oh well....

rj4Ax2f29Jk

Hollylane
06-02-2013, 11:27 AM
Recorded on my phone, not the best quality but oh well....

rj4Ax2f29Jk

This is awesome! One of the talents I am envious of, is being able to sing softly...The songs that I do well at, are always at full throttle.

Wrang1er
06-02-2013, 11:33 AM
Great thread Cx!

thedivahrrrself
06-02-2013, 05:22 PM
This is awesome! One of the talents I am envious of, is being able to sing softly...The songs that I do well at, are always at full throttle.

Easiest way to practice soft singing is to sing laying down. I'm out of practice so my soft voice is not as well-controlled as it used to be, but it's all about breath control, which is all about forcing yourself to use your diaphragm to its full ability. The only way it is possible to breathe laying down is to use your diaphragm. It sounds silly, but it's a great old trick to getting better breath control.

Hollylane
06-02-2013, 08:29 PM
Easiest way to practice soft singing is to sing laying down. I'm out of practice so my soft voice is not as well-controlled as it used to be, but it's all about breath control, which is all about forcing yourself to use your diaphragm to its full ability. The only way it is possible to breathe laying down is to use your diaphragm. It sounds silly, but it's a great old trick to getting better breath control.

Thank you Diva, that sounds like great advice, I'm going to try it out!