PDA

View Full Version : Do you eat with that mouth....

Ashton
05-20-2013, 12:43 AM
Stumbling around the internet I ran into this article and thought it was rather... keenly poignant as you, dear reader will see!!

http://www.autostraddle.com/butch-please-butch-with-a-side-of-misogyny-174442

I was brought up to respect all people. I learned at heels of my father and other role models how to treat persons of the female persuasion!! Basically my father said if you wouldn't say it around your mother or allow someone to say it to your sister/daughter/niece/cousin then it better never leave your mouth.

We have all experienced the misogynistic & patriarchal behavior from bio males all our lives be it directed at us or others. We didn't like then or now!! So why in the hell do we hear it coming out of the mouths of some of our own!! FOR CRYING OUT LOUD PEOPLE... if you have been a victim of this why the hell would you assume such a stance yourself!?!? How one can excuse such behavior with "well I'm a woman I have the right" THE HELL YOU SAY!!

You want to show others your masculinity, acting like and neanderthal is NOT the way to do it. Those who are feminine identified are not conquests, possessions or commodities it is not our right as masculine identified to be the "queer hegemony" & perpetuate the misogynistic and patriarchal behavior we have long detested in bio males!

So that being said I was ranting about it and was informed that I, myself was guilty of "objectifying woman like a 13 year old boy. To my knowledge, I have never gone as far as to, beat my chest to claim woman or to crow my conquests to the guys. I am outraged at myself & indeed embarrassed & shamed that I should have to be reminded that this in ANY degree is NEVER acceptable!

I started out wondering..where does this come from and do you in general, put up with it, walk away or lambaste the SOB doing it?!?!?

But now further find myself wondering where I began walking in those shoes, & do I have the right to be so outraged by others that do it!