PDA

View Full Version : The Witch's Corner

PoeticWitch
08-28-2013, 03:12 PM
I saw many threads here that might have fit my needs, but to be honest I am a lazy witch and didn't want to read them all to make sure.

The Witch's Corner is for all. To share ideas and to ask questions. About all the myriad of paganisms out there.

Brief history of my paganism:

I am a recovery Catholic
Have studied many religions and faiths along the path to this fulfillment of my inner being with my belief in the Goddess and God.
Still ever learning and teaching those who ask
I am the High Priestess of a very small Coven in Toledo Ohio
I try to write new ceremonies for every celebration, but we all know that isn't possible.

I was hoping that "We" could share our experiences and some of our written knowledge. To pass it on and maximize our understanding and acceptance.

Bad_boi
08-30-2013, 12:43 AM
*Settles into the corner*

I came to wicca in a time of need. It had brought me a lot of joy and spiritual growth.

I'm still on my journey with it, trying to decide my patrons still. ( I have some I am drawn to)

I have gone to celebrate with a coven before but I do not have my own at the moment.

I would like to find a mentor or even just a friend to talk to about witchy things.

~Blessed be :)

PoeticWitch
08-30-2013, 05:51 PM
*Settles into the corner*

I came to wicca in a time of need. It had brought me a lot of joy and spiritual growth.

I'm still on my journey with it, trying to decide my patrons still. ( I have some I am drawn to)

I have gone to celebrate with a coven before but I do not have my own at the moment.

I would like to find a mentor or even just a friend to talk to about witchy things.

~Blessed be :)

Welcome..

I believe that need will always being us closer to our higher powers, no matter the name they go by. Like you BB it did for me as well. Now I try to stay close to my Goddess constantly, and trying to remember to be grateful for everything big or little in my life. It is nice to have someone to talk to who isn't in my coven and doesn't follow my exact Gods or Goddesses. To compare notes and such. I look forward to many conversations.

Blessed be

Nat
08-30-2013, 06:31 PM
Subscribed :)

PoeticWitch
08-31-2013, 01:21 PM
Blessings Nat

I must say I love the poem/youtube video on your signature. Absolutely beautiful! The hardest thing in life for many people is to be alone. To me to be alone is the ultimate challenge and to be happy with it. When that happens you know you are no longer dependant on others and you love yourself for you and no one else or no one thing. Then you are truly ready to share your love and life with another. Of course not everyone has to go to that extreme. Thank you for subscribing Nat. And thank you for the video poem.

Blessed Be

Bad_boi
09-01-2013, 12:40 AM
I have been mediating nearly each day as a means of managing my anxiety. I have stuck with this for about 2 weeks. (mostly chakra meditations) I noticed a change that when I get angry at something it is easier to let go of it. I don't feel the anger wash over me and get kinda stuck in my torso muscles. It seems to clench in my throat for a moment and then fade away.

PoeticWitch
09-01-2013, 07:54 AM
I have been mediating nearly each day as a means of managing my anxiety. I have stuck with this for about 2 weeks. (mostly chakra meditations) I noticed a change that when I get angry at something it is easier to let go of it. I don't feel the anger wash over me and get kinda stuck in my torso muscles. It seems to clench in my throat for a moment and then fade away.

Meditation in and of itself, no matter how it is done is highly beneficial in my opinion. At one time I was studying Nicherian Buddhism, my mind does not shut off so traditional meditation really doesn't work for me. But the chanting done by these particular buddhist still helps me to this day. The repeating of Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo helps keep my brain busy enough to empty it at the same time. Does that make sense?

Bad_boi
09-01-2013, 09:46 PM
It makes perfect sense. It is hard for me to quiet my mind, though it is beneficial to shut off the "mind chatter". Learning how to do so helps when I am upset, in pain or in fear. It is a way to let go of all those snowballing thoughts instead of holding onto them like a stubborn tree branch and snapping.

Personally I find it helpful to meditate while walking or giving myself permission to fidget. I also use Chinese mediation balls in places where I cannot get up. (Bus, car, dentist ect)
I started a thread for mediation here: http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?p=840364#post840364

PoeticWitch
09-14-2013, 09:10 AM
Do you believe in Fate? Or Destiny? That somethings have to happen and will happen no matter what you do? Sometimes I find it astounding how things turn out.