PDA

View Full Version : Medical Marijuana....

Jess
01-12-2010, 10:25 AM
New Jersey latest state to approve.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/01/11/new.jersey.medical.marijuana/

I like many others consider the use of marijuana a huge benefit to folks with chronic pain, nausea, glaucoma, and many other illnesses. I don't use it myself, but if my chronic pain issues continue I a may try it. I know it has benefited people close to me.

Happy to see the medical and judicial community finally starting to recognize this as a viable means for pain management!

T D
01-12-2010, 11:12 AM
I tried it, it didn't work for me, but I know it does for MANY! Glad to see that more and more states and folks are recognizing this.

weatherboi
01-12-2010, 12:14 PM
http://norml.org/

Daywalker
01-12-2010, 12:31 PM
New Jersey latest state to approve.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/01/11/new.jersey.medical.marijuana/

I like many others consider the use of marijuana a huge benefit to folks with chronic pain, nausea, glaucoma, and many other illnesses. I don't use it myself, but if my chronic pain issues continue I a may try it. I know it has benefited people close to me.

Happy to see the medical and judicial community finally starting to recognize this as a viable means for pain management!

Absolutely!
:thumbsup:

:threadneedspics:

This call for a picture:

http://hphotos-snc1.fbcdn.net/hs265.snc1/9221_131879563122_530278122_2621213_138304_n.jpg

This is purely for Medicinal purposes
:lawnmower:

Remember to VOTE next time the laws hit your state...without this
beautiful plant, I would end up on lots of synthetically altered drugs
that...simply put...would not have the same effects, but instead,
worse side effects than I care to deal with.
:blah:

Praise Koolad AND Kush
:koolaid: :cigar: :koolaid:

:daywalker:

christie
01-12-2010, 01:00 PM
Being that one "close" to Jess... I say, "YAY!!" for medicinal use.

wolfwalker
01-13-2010, 09:31 AM
I would love to say I am thrilled with the New Jersey law. Having been in the trenches here in NJ. I can say without a doubt, the law makers of this state really put the screws to sick people.

they removed self grow and will only allow 6 sites state wide to grow and supply the states sick people.

Now how the hell is an MS patient going to drive 50 miles to pick up a limited 2 oz a month?

The only benefit of this law is that folks who use it are now protected by a medical defense. Which has many people sighing in relief as they are no longer criminals. But access is a big issue unresolved.

wolfwalker

Jess
01-13-2010, 10:24 AM
I would love to say I am thrilled with the New Jersey law. Having been in the trenches here in NJ. I can say without a doubt, the law makers of this state really put the screws to sick people.

they removed self grow and will only allow 6 sites state wide to grow and supply the states sick people.

Now how the hell is an MS patient going to drive 50 miles to pick up a limited 2 oz a month?

The only benefit of this law is that folks who use it are now protected by a medical defense. Which has many people sighing in relief as they are no longer criminals. But access is a big issue unresolved.

wolfwalker

It may take the state a while before enough folks in need can write in and get the next step started with the lawmakers.

In reading the blogs of the current Prop 8 trial, it seems imperative that people share their stories in order for the masses to "hear" what it's like for them.

If limited access is an issue, hopefully some smart folks will come up with answers.

wolfwalker
01-17-2010, 01:48 PM
I always try to educate on this subject as much as possible. These are things you may or may not know. If anyone is offend:dots:ed by the truth and would prefer to completely believe the govt. bull chit about this subject. please do not read any further.

History

The use of cannabis, at least as fiber, has been shown to go back at least 10,000 years in Taiwan.[8] Má (Pinyin pronunciation), the Chinese expression for hemp, is a pictograph of two plants under a shelter.[9]Cannabis is indigenous to Central and South Asia.[10] Evidence of the inhalation of cannabis smoke can be found as far back as the 3rd millennium B.C., as indicated by charred cannabis seeds found in a ritual brazier at an ancient burial site in present day Romania.[6] Cannabis is also known to have been used by the ancient Hindus of India and Nepal thousands of years ago. The herb was called ganjika in Sanskrit (गांजा/গাঁজা ganja in modern Indic languages).[11][12] The ancient drug soma, mentioned in the Vedas as a sacred intoxicating hallucinogen, was sometimes associated with cannabis.[13]

Cannabis was also known to the ancient Assyrians, who discovered its psychoactive properties through the Aryans.[14] Using it in some religious ceremonies, they called it qunubu (meaning "way to produce smoke"), a probable origin of the modern word "cannabis".[15] Cannabis was also introduced by the Aryans to the Scythians and Thracians/Dacians, whose shamans (the kapnobatai—"those who walk on smoke/clouds") burned cannabis flowers to induce a state of trance.[16] Members of the cult of Dionysus, believed to have originated in Thrace (Bulgaria, Greece and Turkey), are also thought to have inhaled cannabis smoke. In 2003, a leather basket filled with cannabis leaf fragments and seeds was found next to a 2,500- to 2,800-year-old mummified shaman in the northwestern Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region of China.[17][18]

Cannabis sativa from Vienna Dioscurides, 512 A.D.Cannabis has an ancient history of ritual use and is found in pharmacological cults around the world. Hemp seeds discovered by archaeologists at Pazyryk suggest early ceremonial practices like eating by the Scythians occurred during the 5th to 2nd century B.C., confirming previous historical reports by Herodotus.[19] One writer has claimed that cannabis was used as a religious sacrament by ancient Jews and early Christians[20] due to the similarity between the Hebrew word "qannabbos" ("cannabis") and the Hebrew phrase "qené bósem" ("aromatic cane"). It was used by Muslims in various Sufi orders as early as the Mamluk period, for example by the Qalandars.[21]

A study published in the South African Journal of Science showed that "pipes dug up from the garden of Shakespeare's home in Stratford upon Avon contain traces of cannabis."[22] The chemical analysis was carried out after researchers hypothesized that the "noted weed" mentioned in Sonnet 76 and the "journey in my head" from Sonnet 27 could be references to cannabis and the use thereof.[23]

Cannabis was criminalized in the United States in 1937 due to Marihuana Tax Act of 1937. Several theories try to explain why it is illegal in most Western societies. Jack Herer, a cannabis legalization activist and writer, argues that the economic interests of the paper and chemical industry were a driving force to make it illegal.[24][25][26] Another explanation is that beneficial effects of hemp would lower the profit of pharmaceutical companies which therefore have a vital interest to keep cannabis illegal.[27] Those economic theories were criticized for not taking social aspect into account. The illegalization was rather a result of racism directed to associate American immigrants of Mexican and African descent with cannabis

wolfwalker, medicine man

Daywalker
01-17-2010, 02:04 PM
Thanks for the informative post.

I always like that Shakespeare dood, and his eclectic nature.

:flyingweed:

:cannabis:

:farmer:

SuperFemme
01-17-2010, 02:22 PM
Legalizing marijuana at the state level is a slippery slope. We need to get it done at the Federal level.

Here, in CA it pisses local law enforcement off. Suddenly the DEA is making minor marijuana busts.

The thing is: when it goes to Federal Court, the jury is not allow to hear about the state law or to take it into consideration. So that means they find the people guilty and then long sentences are handed out.

It defies logic.

SuperFemme
01-17-2010, 02:29 PM
History shows feds will ignore California's new marijuana directives

by Dave Stancliff
(libertarian)
Sunday, August 31, 2008

By Dave Stancliff
California Attorney General Jerry Brown recently handed state police and marijuana activists his latest directive towards fulfilling the voter's will, but it's just another hopeful stab at getting the feds to stop busting anyone, and everyone, that grows marijuana, and the clinics that distribute it.

Since California voters said they wanted marijuana to be legal for medicinal purposes in 1996, the feds have brazenly ignored the people's will and have continued to hunt down medical marijuana growers, and bust pot clinics sanctioned by cities and counties.

The feds are so enthralled with their war on marijuana that they happily ignore state's rights. The wrongheadedness of this warfare is apparent when marijuana is classified as a Class One narcotic. Putting the pungent herb in with heroin, cocaine, meth, and other serious drugs just displays the feds ignorance from the top down.

Anybody that has had the opportunity to research how marijuana became illegal knows that it was a racist and elitist law passed to run Mexicans out of American towns. The propaganda that resulted was legendary and hopelessly inaccurate. It was another way to go after African-Americans and put them behind bars. The stereotyping that took place without challenge was a sad note in our history.

Once we grew hemp for victory, during WWII, and now we find that it can make a lot more than just great rope. The clothing, oil, and other applications that come from marijuana are becoming more known and seeping into the mainstream.

The fact that marijuana has medical applications should give it more respect, but as long as there are feds that trample state's rights, it's going to be viewed as being on the wrong side of the law.

With this being a presidential election year there is the opportunity to ask all political parties to put in their two-cents on the issue of medical marijuana and state's rights. Now there's some discussions I'd like to see.
McCain would probably have a stroke during a debate about pot legalization, and Obama would mention that he tried it in his youth. When it came to the VP's, Palin would prosecute anyone that defended pot, and Biden would just smile mysteriously. I think it's one of those hot-button topics that Americans need to hear the candidates weigh in on.

While we're at it, let's get them to talk about states rights. The feds contempt for them have become too pervasive these days, and it's time to start acting like we live in a Republic, and we're not minions of some faceless central government.

Some medical marijuana activists are happily hailing the new guidelines by the state's top law dog, and if reports are true, some police agencies are happy with the new guidelines for whose been naughty and whose been nice.
Humboldt County, the un-official pot capital of California and the USA- already had some pretty liberal medical marijuana laws going, and it's district attorney had no problem going along with the new directives.

After all of these years of sparring between state and federal authorities, the new rule book is supposed to really be an improvement and will respect the legal patient's right to puff pot. The whole idea is supposed to make it easy to go after the bad guys while not hassling the good guys.
As It Stands, since when have the feds honored anything since the state's new law was enacted a dozen years ago?

http://www.nolanchart.com/article4672.html

weatherboi
01-17-2010, 02:32 PM
:mohawk::deepthoughts::flyingweed::flyingweed::fly ingweed::smokejoint::smokejoint::smokejoint:::weed smoke::cannabis::cannabis:

A monkey is sitting in a tree smoking a joint, when a lizard walks past, looks up, and says to the monkey "Hey, what're you doing?" The monkey replies, "Smokin' a joint, come up and have some." So the lizard climbs up the tree, sits next to the monkey, and they smoke a few joints.

After a while the lizard says his mouth is 'dry' and he's going to the river
to get a drink.

The lizard climbs down the tree and staggers over to the river to get a drink
of water, but he is so stoned, he leans over too far and falls into the river. A crocodile sees this, swims over to the lizard and helps him to the side. Then he asks the lizard, "What's the matter with you?" The lizard explains to the crocodile that he was sitting up in a tree with a monkey smoking pot, got too stoned and then fell into the river while taking a drink.

The crocodile says he has to check this out, and wanders off into the jungle.

He finds the tree where the monkey is sitting finishing up a joint. The
crocodile yells up to the monkey and says "Hey!"

The monkey looks down and says, ......."Dude! How much water did you
drink?!"

weatherboi
01-17-2010, 02:51 PM
http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=6695

lillith
01-17-2010, 03:04 PM
I wrote a paper for a political science class last year that received an A and a comment of nothing more than "Wow!" I am including just the first three paragraphs:

The legal use of medicinal marijuana is a hot topic in today’s political forums. In the state of California, the growing, distribution, and use of medicinal marijuana is legal (if you have a prescription and a state licensed card), but on the federal level it is not. This ability to separate state government from federal government is called federalism. Even though California says that a patient with certain terminal illnesses is allowed to use it as pain management, the federal government can come in and trump this. The national government has the supremacy clause that allows it to go into a state and enforce its laws on the citizens.
If the federal government decides to impose its laws on the people of California (implied powers), regarding this issue, the people can go to the Supreme Courts and apply for a grievance of infringement upon the state’s right to make these laws and uphold them; this is referred to as reserved powers. If the Supreme Court deems that this is an unconstitutional act, then the federal government has to withdraw out of the state’s policies on the issue.
However, the federal government can mandate that the growth, distribution, and use of marijuana when it comes to it crossing state lines as merchandise. The commerce clause is used by Congress to control commerce between states. The federal government made marijuana illegal, thus its transfer from state to state is illegal. Albeit that the federal government can come into the state at any time and have ill patients arrested, it just doesn’t seem to be proper form and takes away from the state’s ability to police and monitor itself.

I am several years into my soberity, but I do believe that if a person is hurting and there is a natural way to help with pain management, I am all over it.

SuperFemme
01-17-2010, 03:08 PM
I wrote a paper for a political science class last year that received an A and a comment of nothing more than "Wow!" I am including just the first three paragraphs:

The legal use of medicinal marijuana is a hot topic in today’s political forums. In the state of California, the growing, distribution, and use of medicinal marijuana is legal (if you have a prescription and a state licensed card), but on the federal level it is not. This ability to separate state government from federal government is called federalism. Even though California says that a patient with certain terminal illnesses is allowed to use it as pain management, the federal government can come in and trump this. The national government has the supremacy clause that allows it to go into a state and enforce its laws on the citizens.
If the federal government decides to impose its laws on the people of California (implied powers), regarding this issue, the people can go to the Supreme Courts and apply for a grievance of infringement upon the state’s right to make these laws and uphold them; this is referred to as reserved powers. If the Supreme Court deems that this is an unconstitutional act, then the federal government has to withdraw out of the state’s policies on the issue.
However, the federal government can mandate that the growth, distribution, and use of marijuana when it comes to it crossing state lines as merchandise. The commerce clause is used by Congress to control commerce between states. The federal government made marijuana illegal, thus its transfer from state to state is illegal. Albeit that the federal government can come into the state at any time and have ill patients arrested, it just doesn’t seem to be proper form and takes away from the state’s ability to police and monitor itself.

I am several years into my soberity, but I do believe that if a person is hurting and there is a natural way to help with pain management, I am all over it.

I have cancer. I have a medical marijuana card. I do not use it, because to ME it feels too risky. For precisely the reasons you mention in your stellar A paper. I am also married to someone with 12 years clean, and feel like it would be disrespectful to bring the substance into the house.

wolfwalker
01-17-2010, 03:22 PM
there was a guy here who was arrested cause the police saw pot growing in his back yard.

the judge said you can not mention medical marijuana in your defense.

well since he is an informed patient. when the cops got there. he told them right from the start. this is medical marijuana for my MS and stayed with that.

when it went to court. the first cop on the stand was the arresting officer. he was asked " what did the defendant say upon your arrival. the cop said, he said he was growing medical marijuana for his MS. it was then introduced, opening the door.

he was found not guilty of the felony.

there has been a bill introduced by congress to make medical marijuana a legal defense and one introduced to legalize. they need your support.

wolfwalker

weatherboi
01-17-2010, 03:30 PM
http://www.capwiz.com/norml2/home/

there was a guy here who was arrested cause the police saw pot growing in his back yard.

the judge said you can not mention medical marijuana in your defense.

well since he is an informed patient. when the cops got there. he told them right from the start. this is medical marijuana for my MS and stayed with that.

when it went to court. the first cop on the stand was the arresting officer. he was asked " what did the defendant say upon your arrival. the cop said, he said he was growing medical marijuana for his MS. it was then introduced, opening the door.

he was found not guilty of the felony.

there has been a bill introduced by congress to make medical marijuana a legal defense and one introduced to legalize. they need your support.

wolfwalker

wolfwalker
01-17-2010, 03:58 PM
Cannabis was also known to the ancient Assyrians, who discovered its psychoactive properties through the Aryans.[14] Using it in some religious ceremonies,

Jesus was known to have lived with the assyrians for many years.

wolfwalker :anothersnowman:

Mitmo01
01-17-2010, 05:11 PM
marijuana is always medicinal...legalize it

Andrew, Jr.
01-17-2010, 06:58 PM
I think it would be great to many who are suffering.

Leigh
01-17-2010, 08:54 PM
I know someone who uses it medically for his chronic pain issues and it works for him so I also say legalize it :thumbsup:

Mitmo01
01-18-2010, 10:28 AM
It has so many uses not only for physical ailments and pain, but spritual ailments as well....the reason its illegal is big tobacco and the liquor companies got thier way in the 1930's...

from all of the states legalizing it, hopefully its just a matter of time for the rest of the states to follow....at least our friends in canada have the right idea!!!! let it be legal for everyone!!

i mean look at the state of California with thier budget shortfall...by legalizing it they could actually not be in debt and the drug cartels would be cut out of making thier profits, but the government has a huge industry built off of illegal drugs so its no surprise that its going to take a while for it to be legal but its obvious that you cant put the elephant back in the closet especially when the PEOPLE of this country are voting to legalize it....

weatherboi
01-18-2010, 10:35 AM
Q. What is the difference between politicians and stoners ?
A. Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.

Did you hear about the stoners that locked their keys in the car ? It took them two hours to get out.

Q. How do you get a one armed hippie out of a tree ?
A. You pass him a joint.

Q. What do you get when you eat marijuana ?
A. A pot belly

Q. What do you call a pot smoker with two spliffs ?
A. Double jointed.

Two stoners are walking down the street and see a dog licking his balls. One says to the other i sure wish i could do that. The other stoner says you better get to know him better first.

Q. How do fish party ?
A. Seaweed.

Q. Hear about the stoner who put his condom on backwards ?
A. He went.

Q. What do you call one bowl between three tokers ?
A. Malnutrition.

Q. What do you call a person who remembers what they did at woodstock ?
A. A Liar.

Q. How do you know when you have smoked enough pot ?
A. When you start looking around for the directions on how to use the lighter.

wolfwalker
01-18-2010, 11:09 AM
for those of you into eating healthy. you can buy hemp seed hearts or hemp seed perfectly legal on amazon. they contain very high amounts of protein and omegas.

i eat then every day and so do my dogs. they taste great. a sweet nutty taste and can be added to any food you are eating. check it out.

wolfwalker

Sachita
01-18-2010, 04:49 PM
for those of you into eating healthy. you can buy hemp seed hearts or hemp seed perfectly legal on amazon. they contain very high amounts of protein and omegas.

i eat then every day and so do my dogs. they taste great. a sweet nutty taste and can be added to any food you are eating. check it out.

wolfwalker

you turned me on to these. I buy them fresh at Whole Foods and put them in my green smoothies. They really are very good and healthy.

Mitmo01
01-19-2010, 12:48 PM
I agree with Willy Nelson from the movie "Half Baked" if we just pumped in some weed smoke into the air conditioning system of the united nations there would be no more wars people would just be hungry with the munchies!!!!!everyone would be ordering pizza in the UN and not arguing lol

wolfwalker
06-30-2010, 09:29 AM
Hi there everyone,

i would like to revive this thread. now that I am in a legal medical marijuana state. I will soon have my paper work back and will be a medical marijuana provider. I love, love being legal because I am fully aware of what a wonderful healing herb this is.

but I would like to hear from people who use it for a medical purpose.

what are you using it to treat?

what has been the results for you?

what strains are you using?

this will help me learn more and refine my choices of strains.

thanks

wolfwalker

chefhmboyrd
06-30-2010, 09:56 AM
i have bad knees and lots of pain in my joints from years of sports and playing drums
i find it helps with the pain and swelling
i wish TN was a medical mj state

@

Ebon
06-30-2010, 10:04 AM
It has so many uses not only for physical ailments and pain, but spritual ailments as well....the reason its illegal is big tobacco and the liquor companies got thier way in the 1930's...

from all of the states legalizing it, hopefully its just a matter of time for the rest of the states to follow....at least our friends in canada have the right idea!!!! let it be legal for everyone!!

i mean look at the state of California with thier budget shortfall...by legalizing it they could actually not be in debt and the drug cartels would be cut out of making thier profits, but the government has a huge industry built off of illegal drugs so its no surprise that its going to take a while for it to be legal but its obvious that you cant put the elephant back in the closet especially when the PEOPLE of this country are voting to legalize it....

Cotton played a part in that too.

Ebon
06-30-2010, 10:06 AM
Hi there everyone,

i would like to revive this thread. now that I am in a legal medical marijuana state. I will soon have my paper work back and will be a medical marijuana provider. I love, love being legal because I am fully aware of what a wonderful healing herb this is.

thanks

wolfwalker

I'm using it for weight loss. I know it sounds ridiculous but hear me out. When I don't smoke I eat bad food in big quantities once or twice a day. When I do smoke I eat good little snacks through out the day, when my body needs the fuel. I drink lots of water (I do this when I don't smoke as well) and I eat one big meal in the evening. It's totally working.

chefhmboyrd
06-30-2010, 10:13 AM
I'm using it for weight loss. I know it sounds ridiculous but hear me out. When I don't smoke I eat bad food in big quantities once or twice a day. When I do smoke I eat good little snacks through out the day, when my body needs the fuel. I drink lots of water (I do this when I don't smoke as well) and I eat one big meal in the evening. It's totally working.

it helped me with weight loss
when i smoke it makes me feel well enough to work out
i love to lift weights and with the joint pain it is difficult
a little smoke and i can do all my reps and not be in agony
it helps me relax and recover faster too

Andrew, Jr.
06-30-2010, 10:44 AM
It just needs to be on the books at the Federal level for once and for all. There are so many benefits of it. The benefits outweight everything else 10 fold.

:candle: :moonstars:

wolfwalker
06-30-2010, 11:58 AM

I have long studied this herb. so I am not surprized by what it can help with.

wolfwalker
06-30-2010, 12:00 PM
it helped me with weight loss
when i smoke it makes me feel well enough to work out
i love to lift weights and with the joint pain it is difficult
a little smoke and i can do all my reps and not be in agony
it helps me relax and recover faster too

my main use is for pain too. I can get things done without a lot of pain when I smoke.

wolfwalker

chefhmboyrd
06-30-2010, 12:08 PM
my main use is for pain too. I can get things done without a lot of pain when I smoke.

wolfwalker

i have stopped for prolonged periods, and there isn't enough advil or motrin to get me through. i even resorted to celebrex for a while, but the side effects are nasty, and i am saving my liver for SuperFemme... :sunglass:

even just a little 2 to 3 times a week helps, but daily is best for me.

Daywalker
06-30-2010, 01:02 PM
Hi there everyone,

thanks

wolfwalker

:threadneedspics:

This call for a picture:

http://hphotos-snc1.fbcdn.net/hs265.snc1/9221_131879563122_530278122_2621213_138304_n.jpg

Remember to VOTE next time the laws hit your state...without this
beautiful plant, I would end up on lots of synthetically altered drugs
that...simply put...would not have the same effects, but instead,
worse side effects than I care to deal with.
:blah:

Praise Koolad AND Kush
:koolaid:

Lemme expand on this post:

Was diagnosed with MS in 1998 ~ Relapsing-Remitting.

Add to this the recent diagnosis of Reynauds Phenomenon as a secondary
condition. As a Side Note; Recently the Doc's have been testing for Lupus
or the possibility that it may have been Parkinson all this time...either way
it is Neurological, but the bone structure in the right hand has increasingly
gotten worse, bones in general are hella crunchy and stiff and I drag the
right side a lot so they are also pondering the possibility that I've
had a cardiac event that went undetected.
:|

Anyway.
:seeingstars:
Was able to work all the way up until a year or so ago.

Reiterating on my earlier post in this thread, many of the medications they
wanna treat me with have nasty side effects and I refuse to take 2 pills to fight
the side effects that 1 gives me. It calms the spasms, helps calm symptoms
that arise when a bad episode is upon me, overall it also helps with the pain
but recently the pain has exceeded what the Reefer can do for me but I do
not get along with Narcotics n such, as they impact me 10 times stronger than
the average bear n stuff. One Vicodin and I can easily lose my equilibrium
stability...puts me in a condition that feels like the worst part of a bad drinking
session. But to me there is no better way to deal with 90% of my issues.

:weedsmoke:

A fine example of why I do not like Pharmaceuticals happened just recently.

The Reynauds had turned my toes black n blue and both
feet felt like I had broken every single toe.
It was fucked UP.

I even removed the Infamous Talons to see
if it would help any...may they rest in peace.
:praying:

So, after dancing my way thru the County Medical system I was launched
straight to ER to keep me from possibly losing mah poor toes. So they treat
the lack of circulation and ice cold limbs I used to call feet...with a high blood
pressure medication called Norvasc. After a couple weeks, I realized mah feet
looked like...'Cartoon Feet'. And by that I mean they were like 3 times their
normal size and all I could think of was they looked Cartoonish, like they were
not real. Well, turns out it was the fucking medication they were treating my
Reynauds with that was doing it. My next appointment is tomorrow where we
will discuss another option, but she told me over the phone that this is
a rock and a hard place situation.
:seconddoh:

This also included lower limb swelling and huge hot spots
from just above the knees to a few inches below them.

And just for this threads purpose,
I will share a photo of what happened to mah feet.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs085.snc4/35594_402722938122_530278122_4550831_1546139_n.jpg

Cartoon Feet Indeed

I am using both Sativa and Indica.

My conditions also fuck with my minds state of well being, especially lately.
Therefore a head high and a body high combination suits all my needs.

Yes, there may come a time when more than just Marijuana will be
necessary...but I am always gonna be a huge believer in the
Medicinal power of the Reefer.

:goodscore:

That is all for now.

chefhmboyrd
06-30-2010, 01:08 PM
[/COLOR]This call for a picture:

[COLOR=Black]
[B][FONT=Arial]This is purely for Medicinal purposes

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!
i am feeling a little faint

Daywalker
06-30-2010, 01:17 PM
[/COLOR]This call for a picture:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!
i am feeling a little faint

[FONT=Arial][COLOR=Black][B]LOL

Well, I have new photos of this years crop.
Perhaps I will upload them later.
:cheesy:

Still young in it's stage, the Kasey Jones is growing as tall as a tree
and the Grand Daddy Purple looks as purty as that
there Purple Kush did last year.

:danceparty:
I also have on the way ~ more clones ~ Super Silver Haze and Bubble Gum.
:skateboard:

chefhmboyrd
06-30-2010, 01:22 PM
yeah legalize it so you can send me a few clippings.... lol
well it sure looks gorgeous. happy smoke!

LOL

Well, I have new photos of this years crop.
Perhaps I will upload them later.
:cheesy:

Still young in it's stage, the Kasey Jones is growing as tall as a tree
and the Grand Daddy Purple looks as purty as that
there Purple Kush did last year.

:danceparty:
I also have on the way ~ more clones ~ Super Silver Haze and Bubble Gum.
:skateboard:

Apocalipstic
06-30-2010, 01:43 PM
YES please!

Daktari
06-30-2010, 02:11 PM
Neuropathic pain
Arthralgia - chronic joint pain
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
other things I'm not prepared to divulge.

ThoseI wish I could afford bud like that Daywalker (my landlord won't let me grow). Such beauties are terribly expensive here in the UK. I get by on generic bud and some lovely squidgy Afghani hash.

One day I'll grow!

Andrew, Jr.
06-30-2010, 02:53 PM
My neuropathic pain for me is = to being burned alive. It is just that painful, horrible, and so on. I wouldn't wish this on anyone. :candle:

Sachita
06-30-2010, 03:12 PM
i have stopped for prolonged periods, and there isn't enough advil or motrin to get me through. i even resorted to celebrex for a while, but the side effects are nasty, and i am saving my liver for SuperFemme... :sunglass:

even just a little 2 to 3 times a week helps, but daily is best for me.
MJ as an alternative pain management and I do consume hemp seed and oil everyday, however I also have my concerns with frequent use. I'm not talking about a hit here and there but smoking all throughout the day everyday.

Here's the problem I have with what I've seen first hand with my own eyes friends or otherwise claiming to use it for pain and life management. I view cannabis as a natural holistic herb. Someone looking to heal naturally, manage pain without side effects should also consider the "other" things they could be doing to contribute to the illness and aggravating to pain. Smoking several packs of cigarettes a day, poor diet - massive amounts of sugar, not enough water etc. MJ can mask the pain, make life lighter but I also think its a good idea to take a holistic approach to all areas of your life.

I've seen too many people beat this medical/holistic drum when it comes to cannabis when the reality is they are addicted to it. Abuse in any form is still abuse. Of course I'd rather see a pot head then a pill head but thats another agenda. lol

Sachita
06-30-2010, 03:13 PM
My neuropathic pain for me is = to being burned alive. It is just that painful, horrible, and so on. I wouldn't wish this on anyone. :candle:

I'm truly sorry you have to go through this.

Toughy
06-30-2010, 03:57 PM
<snip> the reason its illegal is big tobacco and the liquor companies got thier way in the 1930's...

<snip>

The biggest reason it was made illegal was due to racism concerning the flood of Mexicans coming across our southern border. The Senators and House members from the border states had a big ole hissy fit about immigration of Mexicans. Does any of this sound familiar?

Concerning CA budget shortfall and legalization. It looks like there will be a Proposition on the ballot in Nov that would legalize Marijuana. Some folks who support legalization are not supporting this Proposition because it has restrictions that are unacceptable to them. Others say legalization is paramount and the problems in the Proposition can be fixed once it's legal. I haven't made up my mind about it yet.

as to the budget shortfall............I seriously doubt there would be enough tax revenue to clean up the big fucking mess of a budget Arnie (and the useless legislature) has helped create with his cut taxes for businesses and rich people.

CA has been a medical marijuana state since 1996. Oakland has Oaksterdam University. http://www.oaksterdamuniversity.com/

wolfwalker
06-30-2010, 04:34 PM
The biggest reason it was made illegal was due to racism concerning the flood of Mexicans coming across our southern border. The Senators and House members from the border states had a big ole hissy fit about immigration of Mexicans. Does any of this sound familiar?

Concerning CA budget shortfall and legalization. It looks like there will be a Proposition on the ballot in Nov that would legalize Marijuana. Some folks who support legalization are not supporting this Proposition because it has restrictions that are unacceptable to them. Others say legalization is paramount and the problems in the Proposition can be fixed once it's legal. I haven't made up my mind about it yet.

as to the budget shortfall............I seriously doubt there would be enough tax revenue to clean up the big fucking mess of a budget Arnie (and the useless legislature) has helped create with his cut taxes for businesses and rich people.

CA has been a medical marijuana state since 1996. Oakland has Oaksterdam University. http://www.oaksterdamuniversity.com/

you are certainly correct in that racism was used to help make it illegal. in fact the name marijuana was taken from a slang term used for mexicans who comsumed it. everyone at that time knew what cannabis and hemp were. people used many products made from the hemp plant. which is its real name, and it was part of the medical use at the time.

In fact, when it was outlawed in a shady deal, the AMA threw a fit.

wolfwalker

christie
07-01-2010, 06:07 AM
Neuropathic pain
Arthralgia - chronic joint pain
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
other things I'm not prepared to divulge.

ThoseI wish I could afford bud like that Daywalker (my landlord won't let me grow). Such beauties are terribly expensive here in the UK. I get by on generic bud and some lovely squidgy Afghani hash.

One day I'll grow!

I am interested in how it has helped COPD. As some of you know, Jess suffers from COPD and we are always looking for ways to alleviate some of the symptoms and such.

I use MJ to manage my fibro (but it is not nearly as helpful as pain meds, ie oxycodone/hydrocodone). I have found that using a vaporizer is much better than a pipe.

I totally get how its been helpful for folks in weight loss. Take a couple of tokes and the muscles relax enough for me to be able to be more active. It also helps with the fibro "brain fog" in that I am able to almost hyper focus on things because my brain isn't dealing with all the pain signals.

Like Sachita, I think that it is something that needs moderation. I have a hard time seeing it being beneficial to be baked all day.

afixer
07-01-2010, 06:30 AM
you are certainly correct in that racism was used to help make it illegal. in fact the name marijuana was taken from a slang term used for mexicans who comsumed it. everyone at that time knew what cannabis and hemp were. people used many products made from the hemp plant. which is its real name, and it was part of the medical use at the time.

In fact, when it was outlawed in a shady deal, the AMA threw a fit.

FYI... Hemp and marijuana are varieties of the Cannabis Sativa plant.

here's some info on the differences between hemp and marijuana. (http://www.houseparent.net/information/Hemp.htm)

wolfwalker
07-01-2010, 08:19 AM
I am interested in how it has helped COPD. As some of you know, Jess suffers from COPD and we are always looking for ways to alleviate some of the symptoms and such.

I use MJ to manage my fibro (but it is not nearly as helpful as pain meds, ie oxycodone/hydrocodone). I have found that using a vaporizer is much better than a pipe.

I totally get how its been helpful for folks in weight loss. Take a couple of tokes and the muscles relax enough for me to be able to be more active. It also helps with the fibro "brain fog" in that I am able to almost hyper focus on things because my brain isn't dealing with all the pain signals.

Like Sachita, I think that it is something that needs moderation. I have a hard time seeing it being beneficial to be baked all day.

there has been research done on COPD and using marijuana. it has been reported that the use of marijuana will help open the airways so breathing becomes easier.

the stopping of the use of cigs will help the most and it is suggested that people trying marijuana, not smoke it but use an vaporizer, tincture or cooking with it as the best way to ingest.

I truly doubt most people who use it are baked all day. I have met a few, but most people toke a few and then go about their business.

wolf

chefhmboyrd
07-01-2010, 09:56 AM
MJ as an alternative pain management and I do consume hemp seed and oil everyday, however I also have my concerns with frequent use. I'm not talking about a hit here and there but smoking all throughout the day everyday.

Here's the problem I have with what I've seen first hand with my own eyes friends or otherwise claiming to use it for pain and life management. I view cannabis as a natural holistic herb. Someone looking to heal naturally, manage pain without side effects should also consider the "other" things they could be doing to contribute to the illness and aggravating to pain. Smoking several packs of cigarettes a day, poor diet - massive amounts of sugar, not enough water etc. MJ can mask the pain, make life lighter but I also think its a good idea to take a holistic approach to all areas of your life.

I've seen too many people beat this medical/holistic drum when it comes to cannabis when the reality is they are addicted to it. Abuse in any form is still abuse. Of course I'd rather see a pot head then a pill head but thats another agenda. lol

i agree

Too much of anything is not good..... moderation is best.
and yes, masking the pain is no substitue for the holistic approach in all your choices.
we could all benefit from practicing good habits, and a healthy diet. i found when i lost the 100lbs that i hurt so much less, but still hurt.

working out helps keep me supple, lots of water is a must for overall health.

weatherboi
07-01-2010, 11:00 AM
http://blog.norml.org/2010/06/22/help-oregon-qualify-an-important-medical-marijuana-initiative/

http://blog.norml.org/2010/06/30/prop-19-support-legalizing-marijuana-in-california/

http://blog.norml.org/2010/06/29/naacp-announces-its-unconditional-support-for-californias-marijuana-legalization-measure/

Daktari
07-01-2010, 11:44 AM

I really feel for you Andrew...my own neuropathy both from peripheral neuritis and constantly trapped nerves in my neck due to having no discs left between the vertebrae hurt like hell too...has your Dr. prescribed anything for it? Sadly I can't tolerate any of the drugs they prescribe here for neuropathic pain - they send me even loopier than I usually am and make me very aggressive, so rather than alienate everyone in my life my Consultant and I decided that I shouldn't take the meds anymore and she has referred me to the pain clinic.....I'm still waiting for my appointment.

Daktari
07-01-2010, 11:57 AM

there has been research done on COPD and using marijuana. it has been reported that the use of marijuana will help open the airways so breathing becomes easier.

the stopping of the use of cigs will help the most and it is suggested that people trying marijuana, not smoke it but use an vaporizer, tincture or cooking with it as the best way to ingest.

I truly doubt most people who use it are baked all day. I have met a few, but most people toke a few and then go about their business.

wolf

Correct wolfwalker marijuana has been used as a broncho dilator for centuries. Having quit smoking tobacco (finally - day 66) my copd/asthma nurse said it was beneficial to smoke marijuana as long as I used a 'water bung' (sic), because the water (and ice) cools the smoke which is the crux of the matter...hot smoke bad - cool smoke good. I have a vaporizer too which is a great way to administer one's pain relief and broncho dilation. I also find the vape makes me 'high' rather than 'stoned' (up as opposed to down)

I can't be baked all day, I don't enjoy that and it's just counter-productive when we what we want to do is take our 'medicine' so that we can enjoy life to the fullest.

Sachita
07-01-2010, 12:15 PM
i agree

Too much of anything is not good..... moderation is best.
and yes, masking the pain is no substitue for the holistic approach in all your choices.
we could all benefit from practicing good habits, and a healthy diet. i found when i lost the 100lbs that i hurt so much less, but still hurt.

working out helps keep me supple, lots of water is a must for overall health.

wow 100 pounds??? I'm sure you felt better. I love wine. I drink maybe two bottles a week and if I could I'd drink it everyday. I even like MJ in the right state of mind but it distracts me, makes me crave sugar and makes me horny. Personally I can't even imagine smoking it all the time and getting anything done. Maybe on my down time but not when I had to function. Most of the pot heads I know, I'm talking people that smoke morning, noon and night are lazy, get very little accomplished and have very little to show for. I'm sure this isnt the case with all and there is always the exception to any rule. I've known quite a few. Now the people that smoke recreationally or to partly manage pain don't have this. But you can say that about any addiction, right?

My point is that it's great for pain management if someone is also seeking alternative treatment to heal or at least as best they can.

Earlier this year I wasn't feeling well. I kept having flare ups- my back, knee, my heart fluttering sometimes so bad I felt like it would jump out of my chest. My blood sugar was all over the place as well as my blood pressure. I would get migraines that blinded me. I was really scared. I was taking pain meds for my back and knee. I started having side effects. The bottom line is I had to take serious action to heal. Within a few weeks noticed changes and today run around like crazy. Diabetes runs in my family so does cancer. It takes a lot of work but its worth it. I have days I'm so tired I can barely move but I drink some carrot, celery and ginger juice after a 30 min breathing and meditation, I'm flying.

There's a lady lives by my mom with everything wrong with her. She takes so many meds. She also smokes two packs cig a day, eats awful drinks 6 pack coke even with high bp and diabetes. All she does is mask the pain and create new illnesses. Even holistic herbs have side effects when consumed in large doses on a regular basis. Of course and avid pot smoker will argue the effects of THC till the cows come home.

But I'd rather see my mom burn one at night then watch her take medications I know will put her in her grave early. If using it truly to manage pain great but the excuse to abuse isnt.

I'll save a bit of MJ for a relaxing evening by the fire.

chefhmboyrd
07-01-2010, 12:22 PM
wow 100 pounds??? I'm sure you felt better. I love wine. I drink maybe two bottles a week and if I could I'd drink it everyday. I even like MJ in the right state of mind but it distracts me, makes me crave sugar and makes me horny. Personally I can't even imagine smoking it all the time and getting anything done. Maybe on my down time but not when I had to function. Most of the pot heads I know, I'm talking people that smoke morning, noon and night are lazy, get very little accomplished and have very little to show for. I'm sure this isnt the case with all and there is always the exception to any rule. I've known quite a few. Now the people that smoke recreationally or to partly manage pain don't have this. But you can say that about any addiction, right?

My point is that it's great for pain management if someone is also seeking alternative treatment to heal or at least as best they can.

Earlier this year I wasn't feeling well. I kept having flare ups- my back, knee, my heart fluttering sometimes so bad I felt like it would jump out of my chest. My blood sugar was all over the place as well as my blood pressure. I would get migraines that blinded me. I was really scared. I was taking pain meds for my back and knee. I started having side effects. The bottom line is I had to take serious action to heal. Within a few weeks noticed changes and today run around like crazy. Diabetes runs in my family so does cancer. It takes a lot of work but its worth it. I have days I'm so tired I can barely move but I drink some carrot, celery and ginger juice after a 30 min breathing and meditation, I'm flying.

There's a lady lives by my mom with everything wrong with her. She takes so many meds. She also smokes two packs cig a day, eats awful drinks 6 pack coke even with high bp and diabetes. All she does is mask the pain and create new illnesses. Even holistic herbs have side effects when consumed in large doses on a regular basis. Of course and avid pot smoker will argue the effects of THC till the cows come home.

But I'd rather see my mom burn one at night then watch her take medications I know will put her in her grave early. If using it truly to manage pain great but the excuse to abuse isnt.

I'll save a bit of MJ for a relaxing evening by the fire.

i too know potheads that get lazy, fat, and have nothing to show for it.
i am far too busy to do that.

mostly MJ makes me want to do physical things, work out, clean houae, mow the yard, or anything else that takes little brain power but lots of muscle.

and a nice spliff by the fire with a glass of wine sound like a beginning to a relaxing evening.

Sachita
07-01-2010, 12:50 PM
and a nice spliff by the fire with a glass of wine sound like a beginning to a relaxing evening.

or the beginning of very naughty things. lol

chefhmboyrd
07-01-2010, 12:51 PM
or the beginning of very naughty things. lol

a guy can only hope
:sunglass:

Daywalker
07-01-2010, 02:02 PM

I rarely smoke in the Daylight.
(I do not wish to have my clarity an faculties removed.)
:seeingstars:

Only when symptoms surface that I recognize as troublesome.
I've suffered for 3 days just for mowing one lawn.
I have one to do tonight...fucking wee.

I know someone right now who is on several anti-depressive medications.
She says that reefer helps, I told her to let her Doctors know.

They wrote her a script for it,
but there was something I had not yet picked up on.

She smokes all day long when she is not working.
Mind you her issues have caused her a lot of time off work this year.
I've spent a couple days over there for a length of time, and from what I am
observing ~ and in my personal opinion ~ the reefer is actually contributing
to her issue of depression. She has been diagnosed with anxiety and things
of the sort, and surely they thought the reefer would assist in these issues.
But just like any medication, it does not react the same for everyone.

Holistic approach in other areas of my life?

Not really, but I do command and demand that a peaceful atmosphere
surrounds me at all times; even Mrs Daywalker was informed when we
meshed together years ago...that fighting will not be allowed, yelling is out
of the question, etc. These things trigger my Children (aka my symptoms).
Even folks in mah love circle of friends will keep things from me that
they know are drama riddled, or that might make me sad...etc.
:gimmehug:

I love them for that,
even though I lovingly complain that 'no one tells me nuthin'.
:jester:

I eat as I please, my limited mobility does not allow for 'exercise'
at all, long music sessions are my solace and this is where I reboot my
mind...messing around on sites like this and FB n stuff assists in keeping
my cognitive active. So I guess my response to this is yes, there are no
benefits to anything in excess, but no...applying an all encompassing
Holistic approach is not reality for many of us.

Gotta get ready for a visit to the Wizards again.
(aka Doc appointment)
Will have to make time to pick this up later

Sachita
07-02-2010, 09:43 AM
[/COLOR]I know someone right now who is on several anti-depressive medications.
She says that reefer helps, I told her to let her Doctors know.

They wrote her a script for it,
but there was something I had not yet picked up on.

She smokes all day long when she is not working.
Mind you her issues have caused her a lot of time off work this year.
I've spent a couple days over there for a length of time, and from what I am
observing ~ and in my personal opinion ~ the reefer is actually contributing
to her issue of depression. She has been diagnosed with anxiety and things
of the sort, and surely they thought the reefer would assist in these issues.
But just like any medication, it does not react the same for everyone.[COLOR=Black]

We think my mom is bipolar or "something". She refuses to take medication. She smoked MJ most her life and I remember the smell coming from her room when I was young. As I got older I would give it to her and it always seemed to make her better. Then again we're talking 2 tokes once a day.

Another very close friend of mine who has pasted away, a very talented artist, native american woman. I knew her back when we were teens and I spent summers on the reservation. She introduced me to my first joint. We stayed high the whole summer. It was surreal being in the Florida Everglades, the swamps and being high. Then again she also turned me on to mushrooms.

Life moved forward, I got pregnant and stopped smoking everything. My friend and her lover, also one of my best friends, smoked when they got up, lunch and all night, everyday. They grew it or would have gone broke. I'll never forget the time we rented a houseboat. We get all the way out in Florida Bay, having margaritas, it's dusk and one of them states that they forgot their stash in the car. Apparently they had one in their cig pack but it wasn't enough. I said we would go back in the morning and that it was too dangerous to drive a houseboat at night, so many shallow sand bars and rocks. You should have seen them. They were freaking out wondering how they would sleep. They kept trying to tell me how to safely get the boat back. I've owned and driven boats all my life, especially in the Florida Keys.

Thats stuck with me and I paid closer attention. There is no doubt in my mind that they both suffered mentally and physically from smoking weed. They would often fall into depressed, violence and deeper depression for my friend who also smoked and drank herself to death. Sure it was the alcohol that probably did it in the end but her state of mind was always so fucked up she talked in circles.

Another transboy friend that sometimes helps me in summers to get money for T (I found out later for weed) "Thinks" he's far smarter then he is when he smokes. I've watched him. He will swear up and down that he's far more creative, attentive, focused when he's high. lol- maybe in his mind because he drove me crazy. He was forgetful moment to moment, lazy and extremely slow. Like clock work whenever he ran out of weed he'd come up with some excuse why he had to end his job early.

I know it sounds like I'm against it and I'm not. I'm totally fine with someone getting fucked up and partying in the right time and place. I can slam down a few bottles of wine, no problem (until the next day). I think it should be legal, as anything else and people make their own decisions on how they will partake. What I do have a problem with is people beating any drum to support medical MJ when clearly they are addicts and use that as an excuse to justify. I have a problem when they talk about people passing judgement because "their" drug of choice grows naturally rather then refined or processed when they are just as fucked up as the drunk. Oh wait... they will also tell you MJ is a peaceful drug and for most this might be true but plenty of violence happens because of it. I have a problem with people that claim they smoke to medicate meanwhile they abuse their bodies, lives, etc. masked all under this THC smoke veil.

If you're a drunk say so. If you're a pot head admit and be real with the reasons why.

Now pass me that vaporizer and bottle of wine! :wine:

wolfwalker
07-02-2010, 12:37 PM
[QUOTE=wolfwalker;141729]Hi there everyone,

thanks

wolfwalker[/QUOTe

this was my post in reviving this thread. I want to thank everyone for their comments but I would like to use this as an educational tool.

So sticking to the topic at hand would be most helpful.

thanks

wolfwalker

weatherboi
07-02-2010, 12:48 PM
I have been smoking pot since I was about 14. I had a Biology teacher that grew his own and sold me some. I had/have a lot of high strung anxiety due to some stuff from my childhood. When I turned 8 years old sleeping became an issue for me. The doctor/therapist at the time prescribed me some anti anxiety meds and sleeping pills to help relieve my angst and the insomnia. The next several years I felt like I was always struggling physically. Like everything about me was 100 times heavier and simple tasks like chores/work/sports were now giant physical efforts for me. It did relieve my anxiety but my brain still ruminated constantly. Smoking pot helped slow my thoughts down enough for me to do something with all my mental energy. I recognized this and stopped taking the meds that I had been on for far to long. My grades went from fair to pretty damn good over the next few years and so did my passion, growth, and outlook on life. At the time, for me, it boiled down to two choices.

1- 2 small pills in the am, 1 small pill at lunch, and 2 small pills at night. Feel tired and shitty all day.
2- Smoke some pot, embrace the lifestyle and all that comes with it.

Two was a better choice for me at the time. Dealing with my folks hassling me about smoking and the inconvenience it created in daily life was easier than fighting the fog the pills brought on.

Strain is not something I have a choice in when purchasing. I do prefer Sativa

I am not advocating children smoking pot or anything of that nature. I am speaking about my own personal experience and reflective opinion.

Grant

christie
07-02-2010, 09:24 PM
[QUOTE=wolfwalker;141729]Hi there everyone,

thanks

wolfwalker[/QUOTe

this was my post in reviving this thread. I want to thank everyone for their comments but I would like to use this as an educational tool.

So sticking to the topic at hand would be most helpful.

thanks

wolfwalker

I don't think that the intent of the thread when Jess started it was to exclusively talk about the different strains. To be perfectly honest, I have no clue most times as to the details of what I buy - I could care less - its either gonna take a little bit (the more expensive) to get the job done - or more. Either way, I'm good. Additionally, some of the most expensive, proclaimed to be all that and the bag of chips was no better (or worse) than the cheap stuff - at least to me and the way my body responds. I'm sure its different for everyone.

Additionally, I would think it would be the place to talk about the legalization efforts in states that don't currently have a medical law on the books.

I do think that most of the comments have been positive in perhaps dismissing some of the myths surrounding people who imbibe. I think that a lot of folks don't understand how beneficial, with relative few side effects, MJ can be as opposed to traditional pharmaceuticals and the absolute cluster fuck "pain management specialists" can get you physically dependent upon.

It might be most helpful to you to visit other local growers since you are now in a medical state. I would think they would have a better grasp on the local demographic and there should be grower groups/co-ops. It may be that the demand is for certain strains and if it were me starting a business in a new state, I would look to established folks for the proper guidance.

:weedsmoke::weedsmoke:

wolfwalker
07-03-2010, 05:25 PM
[QUOTE=christie0918;143736][quote=wolfwalker;143400]

I don't think that the intent of the thread when Jess started it was to exclusively talk about the different strains. To be perfectly honest, I have no clue most times as to the details of what I buy - I could care less - its either gonna take a little bit (the more expensive) to get the job done - or more. Either way, I'm good. Additionally, some of the most expensive, proclaimed to be all that and the bag of chips was no better (or worse) than the cheap stuff - at least to me and the way my body responds. I'm sure its different for everyone.

Additionally, I would think it would be the place to talk about the legalization efforts in states that don't currently have a medical law on the books.

I do think that most of the comments have been positive in perhaps dismissing some of the myths surrounding people who imbibe. I think that a lot of folks don't understand how beneficial, with relative few side effects, MJ can be as opposed to traditional pharmaceuticals and the absolute cluster fuck "pain management specialists" can get you physically dependent upon.

It might be most helpful to you to visit other local growers since you are now in a medical state. I would think they would have a better grasp on the local demographic and there should be grower groups/co-ops. It may be that the demand is for certain strains and if it were me starting a business in a new state, I would look to established folks for the proper guidance.

:weedsmoke::weedsmoke:[/QUOT

strains are not my primary interest. tho in MM states, different strains are used for different types of aliments. sativas tend to help with depression etc, indicas with pain, sleep issues etc.

my main interest is how people using it for medical relief. and yes, discussing legal issues and how to work for more legal states would be great.

yes, I have talked with many local growers and have been provided with a lot of info.

for those who are growing, are you growing in soil or hydro?

wolf

AtLast
07-03-2010, 05:46 PM
[QUOTE=christie0918;143736][quote=wolfwalker;143400]

I sure hope this is discussed.

Yes, there is a wealth of data now available to put down the myths! And these studies are long-term.

I know this cluster fuck well. Sometimes I really don't think that people that have just never had to deal with chronic pain get it at all. There is far more on top of the pain, there is disability, loss of work, depression, what it can do to your sex life, how it can effect temperment, etc. And there is no end! It is a part of one's life forever. I employ many relaxation and self-hypnotic techniques along with things like swimming (non-weight bearing exercise) - all of which do help. I do use pain meds when needed (and hate the side effects and how they keep me from doing things like driving because it just isn't safe). Yet, some forms of chronic pain continue to worsen and the fact is as we age, our bodies change and this pain becomes more and more of a problem.

I have heard from friends that MJ does help their pain with less side effects. I am going to try it for mine and see. I really haven't used MJ for many years and actually never have liked getting stoned. Don't drink much, either. But, it seems to me that the pain meds are really no different in terms of any altered states. So, if MJ works better, I'm going to sign up!

:weedsmoke::weedsmoke:[/QUOT

strains are not my primary interest. tho in MM states, different strains are used for different types of aliments. sativas tend to help with depression etc, indicas with pain, sleep issues etc.

my main interest is how people using it for medical relief. and yes, discussing legal issues and how to work for more legal states would be great.

yes, I have talked with many local growers and have been provided with a lot of info.

for those who are growing, are you growing in soil or hydro?

wolf

Thanks for links/info here- I have had chronic pain in some form since I was 16 and all the acute pain of multiple surgeries and nerve damage due surgical procedures. I am so damn tired of able-bodied and pain free people not having a clue about what this is all about. And it isn't like I don't have some pharmaceutical background. In CA, psychologists can script prescriptions under the supervision of a psychiatrist. In reading literature, I just don’t see a problem with medical MJ. And it is time we made it available and subject to regulation nation-wide just like any other medication. And those with addictive personalities will always be fighting a battle with any form of medication that can be addictive.

And fergoddessakes…. Look at people on chemo that can actually eat something using MJ! Talk to people having had cancer treatment about this!

afixer
07-04-2010, 06:19 AM

there are benefits...not everyday mind you...yes ma'am just ask my people.

Mitmo01
07-04-2010, 08:17 AM
Im of the mind everyone is responsible for themselves...drugs have existed for thousands of years and are not going away...if i can kill myself with ciggarettes why cant we manage our pain with marijuana....at least marijuana has medicinal and i would argue emotional and mental benefits...

I think that Marijuana should be totally legal for all uses and that people need to regulate themselves...thats the way adults in society should be treated, not penalized for trying to feel better...

Starbuck
01-17-2011, 10:18 AM
As a person with anxiety, depression, and post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), I have found it immensely helpful to smoke marijuana to calm myself when I have felt out of control, impulsive, or like I wanted to self harm (not suicidal, self harm, there's a difference! Thank God those days are over!)

The only negative side effect I have come up with is that I now memory problems! Big time. And from what I understand that is common with smoking weed. But I still think it should be legal, or at least the medical use definition expanded to include mental health issues such as I listed above.

deb_U_taunt
07-02-2011, 05:09 PM
Yipppeeee for medicinal!!!! Making brownies now.

Mr Nice Guy
07-02-2011, 05:14 PM
I support 420 people 100%!!!
Ok where's my brownie? Lol :)

deb_U_taunt
07-02-2011, 05:29 PM
I support 420 people 100%!!!
Ok where's my brownie? Lol :)

Turtle ones too!! Could mail ya one? lol

Mr Nice Guy
07-02-2011, 05:36 PM
Sounds good. I'll take a dozen. :) lmao.

Daywalker
07-02-2011, 07:18 PM
Oh, hell yes.

Let's talk about a few new California Laws.

:moonstars:

I now have a letter that allows me to possess/grow more than the
County limitations. You see, they have figured out that there are
some conditions that are very unpredictable; Compassion laws
have been put in place that will keep folks from
pre-determining the amount of Medicinal
relief I may need.

There are a host of new ways to indulge this Herb.
Anywhere from a dropper of Elixir, lol...to a birthday cake!

:ohm:

I just got a Hybrid clone.
It's a strain of Blue Dream and Hash.
Can't wait to see what it grows up to be!

:rainsing:

Toughy
07-02-2011, 09:55 PM
Day my friend........I am a tad confused here.......

Blue Dream I understand, but hash is made from cannabis. So you must be talking two different strains of cannabis. Do you know the name of the second strain?

Daywalker
07-02-2011, 10:13 PM
Day my friend........I am a tad confused here.......

Blue Dream I understand, but hash is made from cannabis. So you must be talking two different strains of cannabis. Do you know the name of the second strain?

No.
:seconddoh:

Me n Sabra were hella laughing about that cuz both of us completely
forgot the full name, but had to have it cuz I already haz
a Head Band, a Train Wreck, etc...out back now.

She named off that one and I jumped on it.

I been 'sampling' stuff since then, and I'm pretty sure Sabra was
supposed to be in charge of remembering stuff on our field trip that day.
:grindevil:

Funny
:thinking:

I can remember the part number to a clutch cable for a CBR600R,
or a KZ1000P Series...but ask me about last week in
the 'canna-candy' store and I go blank.

:rofl:

What was the question?

Daywalker
07-02-2011, 10:33 PM
I do believe this is what I will end up with:

u0hDO7FoYKg

:guitar:

:ohm:

Andrew, Jr.
07-03-2011, 10:16 AM
At NIH, there were many many folks who were smoking or taking it in some form or fashion when my sister was there. The treatment plans that the docs take you right next to death and bring you back, the people need to recover. And recovery is not easy by any stretch of the imagination. Science can only do so much, and is limiting humans. I am all for the legalization of it.

Mr Nice Guy
07-03-2011, 11:02 AM
They should legalize it and sell it like cigarettes. Just saying.

Okiebug61
07-03-2011, 11:05 AM
I would never drink another drop of alcohol if they would legalize.

deb_U_taunt
07-03-2011, 03:56 PM
16 States. Getting there.

Mr Nice Guy
07-03-2011, 04:17 PM
I just want to say I'm jealous for those who live in states that legalized it. You lucky peeps!! I love this thread. Now back to what I was doing. ;)

deb_U_taunt
07-09-2011, 09:58 AM
I just want to say I'm jealous for those who live in states that legalized it. You lucky peeps!! I love this thread. Now back to what I was doing. ;)

There are 16 states to choose to move to? Well, 15 I don't think I would choose being a letter carrier in Alaska. :)

Toll House brownies on the weekend menu.

Hollylane
07-09-2011, 10:09 AM

The tricky part is that although it is legal in our state, my employer would rather I suffer...So, the only thing that would truly improve my condition is out of reach for me still....

deb_U_taunt
07-09-2011, 10:11 AM
The tricky part is that although it is legal in our state, my employer would rather I suffer...So, the only thing that would truly improve my condition is out of reach for me still....

Bad employer :( no recourse with HR with a prescription?

lionpaw
07-09-2011, 08:43 PM
I came across this thread by chance, and all I can say is it's absurd that the FDA can approve medications left and right with far more serious side effects....MJ has proven it's effectiveness with many different medical conditions, yet, medicinal marijuana is still not legal in all 50 states. Or, the commonwealth state of Puerto Rico.....How many states is it legal?...16?....

I have had more than my fair share of heartache watching people I loved/love either die or exist in pain on a daily basis....Yet, the pain management specialists I've dealt with are totally useless as far as I am concerned.....They get their money through countless, ineffective treatments while the people you loved/love suffer unnecessarily....

The question should not be in the various state legislatures on whether it's moral or not to legalize medicinal MJ.....People are suffering, and they should not be....Period....What's criminal is that they are being made to suffer day in day out....

deb_U_taunt
07-10-2011, 02:45 AM
I came across this thread by chance, and all I can say is it's absurd that the FDA can approve medications left and right with far more serious side effects....MJ has proven it's effectiveness with many different medical conditions, yet, medicinal marijuana is still not legal in all 50 states. Or, the commonwealth state of Puerto Rico.....How many states is it legal?...16?....

I have had more than my fair share of heartache watching people I loved/love either die or exist in pain on a daily basis....Yet, the pain management specialists I've dealt with are totally useless as far as I am concerned.....They get their money through countless, ineffective treatments while the people you loved/love suffer unnecessarily....

The question should not be in the various state legislatures on whether it's moral or not to legalize medicinal MJ.....People are suffering, and they should not be....Period....What's criminal is that they are being made to suffer day in day out....

It is 16:
http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=000881

Hollylane
07-10-2011, 11:07 AM
Bad employer :( no recourse with HR with a prescription?

I would never approach anyone at my work to request that an exception be made, because the assumption would immediately be that I am already using it. I love my job, the medical benefits and the idea that I might be able to someday retire with a pension too much to risk it. So, as long as I am able to work with my condition, I will have to do so with pain, nausea and vomiting. If I ever have to go on disability I will utilize medical marijuana at that time.

I really can see both sides of the fence on this one...My employer is a large utility company, and they must insure that they meet very high safety standards.. I work in customer service, so it is not like there is a safety issue there, but they really must apply the same rules to everyone.

Mr Nice Guy
09-17-2011, 11:24 AM
Ok I'm curious??? What is legal bud?

Toughy
09-17-2011, 01:42 PM
Ok I'm curious??? What is legal bud?

Medical marijuana is not exactly 'legal bud'. It's only legal for medical purposes, with a doctor's prescription and ID cards, in 16 states and DC. In all other states and as far as the federal government is concerned it's a Schedule I drug and has no medical benefits.

There are (I think) 14 or 15 states that have decriminalized (lesser pnealties, fines, no jail etc) non-medical marijuana.

The federal government does not decriminalize Schedule 1 drugs.

Mr Nice Guy
09-17-2011, 02:42 PM
Thank you, but I know all that. What I should have said was what is the stuff they sell called legal bud?

Toughy
09-17-2011, 04:13 PM
ohhhhhhhhhhhh...........some kind of herbal cigarettes......shrug......bunch o herbs.......never tried them

I guess that's what you mean

sierragirrl
03-25-2012, 09:55 PM
BUMP......:curtain: