PDA

View Full Version : What was the first scary movie you saw? How old were you?

Glenn
10-23-2013, 10:51 AM
About 6. I remember like it was yesterday. "The Crawling Hand" The hand of a dead astronaut returns from the grave to strangle people. After I saw that movie, I must of checked under my bed for at least a month lol.

Cin
10-23-2013, 11:09 AM
The War of The Worlds. I was probably about 6 or 7. It didn't scare me at all. But I read Hansel and Gretal and I was terrified for years. It wasn't the witch that did it, it was the cavalier way the parents decided to get rid of their kids. Tricking them into going for a walk in the woods and leaving them there pretty much freaked me out. I regarded my mother and father with suspicion ever after.

easygoingfemme
10-23-2013, 11:11 AM
The Exorcist. I think I was about 7 or 8. It didn't bother me too much, but I remember my friend I was watching it with got really freaked out and her parents got mad at us for having it on.

Jar
10-23-2013, 11:17 AM
About 6. I remember like it was yesterday. "The Crawling Hand" The hand of a dead astronaut returns from the grave to strangle people. After I saw that movie, I must of checked under my bed for at least a month lol.

I was just about to say this! It was my first one too. My little sister watched it with me and I used to tell her it was in her closet. :o

Teddybear
10-23-2013, 11:17 AM
I dint the name of it at all but it was about GAINT spider. I'm sure it's why I can't stand spiders now. I think I was 4-5. We still lived in Fla and hadn't move to Alaska yet. Every now and again it's a random not real sure y

Scots_On_The_Rocks
10-23-2013, 11:22 AM
Amityville Horror....I was almost 4. My mom was watching it...I had woke up and went into the living room to ask my mom if she would go down the hallway to turn on the bathroom light for me cause I was scared of the dark....before she went to turn the light on...I had already seen enough to scar me for life.

Glenn
10-23-2013, 11:25 AM
LOL!

QUOTE=Teddybear;856682]I dint the name of it at all but it was about GAINT spider. I'm sure it's why I can't stand spiders now. I think I was 4-5. We still lived in Fla and hadn't move to Alaska yet. Every now and again it's a random not real sure y[/QUOTE]

Glenn
10-23-2013, 11:38 AM
I was just about to say this! It was my first one too. My little sister watched it with me and I used to tell her it was in her closet. :o

LOL! I bet she could'nt sleep in her bedroom for a month.

Gemme
10-23-2013, 11:42 AM
My mom loved horror movies, so I had exposure to them early on. However, one that reeeeally creeped me out and caused me to check and double check the bathroom before entering (the window was mottled like an old Coke bottle and created creepy shadows) and then dash in, do what I had to do, and dash out equally fast was a movie similar to this but scarier:

svyPswixryM

About that same time, I saw this:

ucMLFO6TsFM

So, there I was, 8 years old and not able to enjoy either the bathroom or the community pool. I took a lot of sink baths in the kitchen for a few months.

:blink:

willow
10-23-2013, 11:46 AM
The first scary film I remember seeing was Jaws. I saw it at the pictures with my mother and sister. It scared me half to death! I couldn't even sit down on the toilet to pee without first checking for fins :blush: That was the first time I remember being aware of 'happen music'. DaDumDaDumDaDum..... :scared:

I was 10.

DapperButch
10-23-2013, 02:56 PM
I don't remember the first one I saw, but I for sure remember being quite young and watching the Exorcist. My (ex-Catholic) mother had to give my sister and I crosses to wear to bed that night (true story).

Shay McGee
10-23-2013, 02:59 PM
I used to creep up past my bed time and peek over the stairs to watch Tales From The Darkside . There was one episode about a woman who turned who turned into a giant spider and ate her victim. I kept having bad dreams about the show, but that didn't stop me . I still was still sneaking around to watch the show regardless of my nightmares.

Rockinonahigh
10-23-2013, 03:05 PM
I'm thinking I was about 5yso,it was a movie about dinosarus,the movie house was huge as it had an orcastra(sp) pit,stage plus three balconiees of seats to watch the shows.I remember it being dark,loud with sounds of the dinos,screaming of the actors.I remember hideing behibd the seat and looking over the edge of the seat.I have had a fasionation with dinos every sence,I really dig the old rubber suited Godzilla movies,cheesie as all get out bit love them anyway.T think the name was "land of the Dinosarus" .

EmJay
10-23-2013, 03:18 PM
Eye for an eye. I was 6 years old and it made me have nightmares of Keifer Sutherland for YEARS.

Corkey
10-23-2013, 03:58 PM
'X the Unknown", "The Day the Earth Stood Still", "The Blob". all before the tender age of 7. Lets just say slimy things freak me the hella out.

dykeumentary
10-23-2013, 08:28 PM
Probably around 5 years old I watched Chitty Chitty Bang Bang on TV while my brothers were off being born or something.
That child-catcher guy with his nose and his net and that wagon?
My blood still runs cold and I'm feeling fear NOW even thinking of that character.
Who's the sicko who'd put that character in a children's movie???
FFS!!

PoeticSilence
10-23-2013, 08:47 PM
I would guess, that there were two shows I could easily name. But one was called Day of the Triffids, the film was made in 1962, but I watched it in '66, the year my grandfather died. In fact, that's HOW I watched it, all the adults were putting up the food neighbors had sent and all of that sort of horseshit, and I was watching television and it came on. The premise is that everyone on earth goes blind, and these plant things that look like thorny shrubs, came from a meteor or something and kill people. Noises like the ice cream man truck would draw their attention and they could get in houses and everywhere. I remember thinking about all the shrubs in my life, like behind the house, along the side of the house, boxing in one of my neighbors yards, the shrubs I passed on the way to church, and how ALL of these could be dangerous killers. I don't know if my parents realized I had watched that show, but having reseen it a few years ago now, I realize my little brain wasn't understanding the ending or really a lot about the movie, just the scarey ideals of it. That show would haunt me for years, especially when we delivered papers early in the morning in the wealthier neighborhoods LINED with tall boxy (and often thorny) shrubs.

Medusa
10-23-2013, 08:50 PM
I would guess, that there were two shows I could easily name. But one was called Day of the Triffids, the film was made in 1962, but I watched it in '66, the year my grandfather died. In fact, that's HOW I watched it, all the adults were putting up the food neighbors had sent and all of that sort of horseshit, and I was watching television and it came on. The premise is that everyone on earth goes blind, and these plant things that look like thorny shrubs, came from a meteor or something and kill people. Noises like the ice cream man truck would draw their attention and they could get in houses and everywhere. I remember thinking about all the shrubs in my life, like behind the house, along the side of the house, boxing in one of my neighbors yards, the shrubs I passed on the way to church, and how ALL of these could be dangerous killers. I don't know if my parents realized I had watched that show, but having reseen it a few years ago now, I realize my little brain wasn't understanding the ending or really a lot about the movie, just the scarey ideals of it. That show would haunt me for years, especially when we delivered papers early in the morning in the wealthier neighborhoods LINED with tall boxy (and often thorny) shrubs.

That book was creepy as shit too!!!

dykeumentary
10-23-2013, 08:52 PM
I would guess, that there were two shows I could easily name. But one was called Day of the Triffids, the film was made in 1962, but I watched it in '66, the year my grandfather died. In fact, that's HOW I watched it, all the adults were putting up the food neighbors had sent and all of that sort of horseshit, and I was watching television and it came on. The premise is that everyone on earth goes blind, and these plant things that look like thorny shrubs, came from a meteor or something and kill people. Noises like the ice cream man truck would draw their attention and they could get in houses and everywhere. .

Argh! Did you have to remind me of that movie! Terrifying to little me!
*unsubscribing from this thread!!!!*

cara
10-23-2013, 09:16 PM
First scary movie was Poltergeist. I was in first grade.

I don't watch many scary movies now. Haven't even seen famous scary films like the one where the little girl is possessed (name escapes me at the moment) or the Nightmare on Elm Street series. I don't mind suspense fims (Argo had my stomach in knots!), but I really don't like being terrified or grossed out.

Kat
10-23-2013, 09:28 PM
The movie that still gives me chills to this day is Burnt Offerings, and it TERRIFIED me when I first watched it on TV when I was probably 10.

Most of it didn't scare me at all, except for a couple of scenes with a character just called The Chauffeur. After 35 years, I can still hear the sound of his car driving up to the house, with his ghostly grin behind the wheel...

I've read it's a pretty terrible movie, but the cast is amazing -- Burgess Meredith! Karen Black! Oliver Reed! BETTE DAVIS! I bought it when it came out on DVD, but it's still in the shrink wrap...

Gráinne
10-23-2013, 11:54 PM
I can tell you this thread is mighty scary, when someone saw Poltergeist in the first grade, and I saw that movie when it came out and I was...a lot older than first grade.

Anyway, this is embarrassing, but it was The Wizard of Oz. The tornado was strike 1, as I lived in a state with a lot of them. Strike 2: The flying monkey guards. Strike 3: Dorothy throwing water on the witch and she melted. It was a hella long time after that before I'd take any more than a cursory bath.

I understand the movie is a "classic", but it even creeps me out today.

KayCee
10-24-2013, 03:56 AM
Not a movie, but I remember sitting next to my dad on the couch watching Twilight Zone pulling the bankie over my eyes when it got too scary for me...and I was 3!:shocking:

puddin'
10-24-2013, 05:05 AM
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z229/Swinging_Sixties/Films/AlfredHitchcock002aa.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/Swinging_Sixties/media/Films/AlfredHitchcock002aa.jpg.html)

and Hitchcock rawked me world...

DaddyNik12
10-24-2013, 06:11 AM
when I was 4 my mom told me I was a huge fan of Godzilla movies , I still watch them to this day

but the the scariest movie that I had nite mares over was Friday the 13th , cuz we used to go camping a lot , but as I gotton over my fear for some odd reason , I still wanna go camping lol'

GeeGina
10-24-2013, 08:39 AM
First off, I love me some Godzilla. I especially love the very first one, full of wonderful allegory and symbolism.

As for the first scary movie I saw...that was "Alien" which is a favorite movie of my older brother. He let me watch it with him...and I spent the night in his bed. I was so frightened...

Luv
10-24-2013, 08:41 AM
Dracula..I was 3

Venus
10-24-2013, 08:52 AM
Nightmare on Elm Street. I don't remember how old I was exactly... but very young. Maybe six or seven? My older brother was supposed to babysit me and he watched it with some friends. Didn't care that his little sister was watching it, too. Scared the crap out of me!

MsTinkerbelly
10-26-2013, 03:00 AM
The birds was the first...my Mom liked that sort of thing.

Julien
10-26-2013, 06:52 PM
The birds was the first...my Mom liked that sort of thing.

I'll have to agree on this one, The Birds. I remember looking at the tv from behind my mom's back. The scariest scene was when Mitch's mother, Lydia, found the farmer with his eye pecked out. Too scary.

TruTexan
10-26-2013, 07:36 PM
I was about 7 when I saw the Legend of Boggy Creek, got the shit scared out of me. I couldn't sleep that night after watching it for fear the swamp monster was going to come get me. LOL
I"ve since seen this as an adult and just laughed so hard I cried.

The other one was Audrey Rose and I was about 9 then, and man that movie skeered me so bad I didn't sleep for a week. When I did sleep I had night mares about the movie. LOL

Sweet Bliss
10-26-2013, 07:38 PM
The Birds .... I was preschool age, Mom took me to the movie theater. I was in my 40's before I would get near a bird.

And a Twilight Zone episode about a robot toy, my cousin got a whipping for scaring me with his robot toy. I watched it from under my grandmother as she sat on a kitchen chair.

Not sure which came first. :confused:

BullDog
10-26-2013, 07:48 PM
The religion I grew up in did not allow us to go to movie theaters. In the 7th grade I snuck out with 2 friends to see my very first movie in a theater on the big screen. It was JAWS, lol.

Jesse
10-26-2013, 08:22 PM
I think the first scary movie I remember seeing is "The Birds", but the first one I saw at the movie theatre was, "Night of the Living Dead" with my four brothers, then we came home and camped out in the backyard...well that was the plan anyway. We were all too scared to sleep outside after watching the movie. lol

P.S. I was 10 at the time.

cinnamongrrl
10-26-2013, 09:05 PM
I don't know if Porky's counts :|

We were at the drive ins...and my parents thought I was asleep...trying to explain that movie to my friends was...interesting... :blink:

if it doesn't count....

I'm pretty sure it was the original Friday the 13th movie...which my dad let me watch the week before I went away to camp for the first time.... I did NOT go in the water....thanks dad...

puddin'
10-26-2013, 10:11 PM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081505/

dis was da 2nd scariest...

Apocalipstic
10-27-2013, 07:14 PM
I was five when I saw Creature from the Black Lagoon. I had nightmares until I saw it again Freshman year of college. Boy I felt silly!

LexiLove
10-27-2013, 07:33 PM
My cousins tied me down and forced me to watch psycho. I wouldnt take a shower alone for years. I think I was 6 or 7.

pajama
10-27-2013, 07:57 PM
I remember wanting to see Helter Skelter when I was a kid and my Dad adamantly forbidding it. I was 10. I have no idea why the heck I would have wanted to see it.

I, too, watched the Creature from the Black Lagoon and the Abbott and Costello "horror" skits.

But probably the first I recall would be Alien.

Nic
10-27-2013, 08:28 PM
Dressed to Kill. Angie Dickenson. Scary shit.

Sheridan
10-30-2013, 06:59 AM
I was 12 and it was Humanoids from the Deep (it was rerunning on HBO and I was at a friends house). Sacred the crap out of me (the humanoid baby delivering seen was the worst). :bolt:

imperfect_cupcake
10-30-2013, 07:44 AM
Carrie. I was 7 I think. maybe 8. my brother, who enjoyed damaging me, brought me into the living room when he was babysitting me (14) and let me watch it with him. I had nightmares for years.

torchiegirl
10-30-2013, 08:29 AM
I was 8, 9 years old and I must give credit to two. JAWS and Grizzly.

I still don't act right.

Cin
10-30-2013, 09:09 AM
Jaws wasn't my first scary movie but it was the one that had the most effect on me. I never looked at the water in the same way again. But thankfully in a couple of years the fear part died down and my curiosity and interest was peaked and that eventually evolved into a deep love and respect for the ocean and everything in it.

I have no segue that works so I'll just say speaking of scary movies, my son (my ex gave birth to him but were together when she did so he is mine to me) who was about 2 ½ at the time, was sleeping and we were watching one of the many Friday the 13th movies, I don’t remember which one but it was during a particularly bloody part when I heard this little voice say “Ooo, mess”. I turned and there he was staring at the screen, absolutely mesmerized. He had gotten up and neither of us heard him. I scooped him up and carried him back to bed agreeing with him all the while. Yes, sweetie such a mess. They’ll clean it up I’m sure. He seemed comforted to hear that. He was always a very neat kid.

A couple of years later when he was about 4 I rented the movie Labyrinth (not a horror movie) to watch with him. He loved it. We had a great time watching it together. The next day when I went to pick him up after work at his daycare, the administrator called me in to tell me he had been acting very aggressively all day. I asked what he was doing and she told me he kept trying to pull the heads off of the other kids.

Never saw that coming.

If you ever saw Labyrinth you know there are characters in the story, Fireys, with detachable body parts who try to pull the head off the main character. Who would’ve figured he’d focus on that?

Gemme
10-31-2013, 05:01 AM
I've already given my first but this was shortly thereafter and really messed me up.

It took me a looong time not to look at babies with ye ole side eye.

aD9wL0ffxqY

So, in order to terrify more kids and parents to be, there's a remake.

2PMHCP__scw

torchiegirl
11-02-2013, 08:01 PM
There isn't anything quite like the B horror flick on a Sunday afternoon.

Ai5qktbixuA

ha.

Cailin
11-02-2013, 08:15 PM
Not sure what the VERY first movie was. My youth is a blurry vision of Wes Craven, Scott Cunningham, Clive barker and like director/writers. I can remember as early as around 4/5 and watching Stephen King movies. Its a toss up between Hellraiser, Child's Play or the Blob. Regardless, my tormented youth has truly shaped me into the twisted person I am today.

EnderD_503
11-04-2013, 06:52 PM
Friday the 13th when I was 5 or 6 years old. My cousins were staying over and they were watching it so I wanted to watch it with them. I just remember that I watched it, but nothing about that particular experience.

Around the same age though I saw Stephen King's IT and it scared the shit out of me. To this day I'm shit scared of clowns lol

Gemme
11-05-2013, 06:03 AM
Friday the 13th when I was 5 or 6 years old. My cousins were staying over and they were watching it so I wanted to watch it with them. I just remember that I watched it, but nothing about that particular experience.

Around the same age though I saw Stephen King's IT and it scared the shit out of me. To this day I'm shit scared of clowns lol

IT made me look sideways at sink and storm drains for a long, long time.

cinnamongrrl
11-05-2013, 06:42 AM
IT made me look sideways at sink and storm drains for a long, long time.

They ALLLL float down here Gemme....

Sparkle
11-05-2013, 07:22 AM
'The Shining' when I was 7, and my Uncle Steve (a teenager and my babysitter) told me that I looked just like the ghost girls and that I must have an evil twin ghost sister living in the house. :|

I had 'big-wheel on the patterned carpet' nightmares for years!

ZoeyJayne
11-05-2013, 07:38 AM
hmmm thats easy it was poltergiest and I was 5 yrs old and I constantly even now cry my eyes out when they push the tv out the motel room ... I dont know why but I have been doig it since I was 5 lol we all knew I was a lil odd though lol

VintageFemme
11-05-2013, 08:08 AM
I don't remember the first scary movie I saw but the first one that I do remember was Last House On The Left. We saw it at a drive-in, I was about 13 or 14 and it scared the beejezus out of me. To this day, I am not a fan of slasher type movies.

Gemme
11-05-2013, 06:56 PM
They ALLLL float down here Gemme....

OPdDdC4go6c

cinnamongrrl
11-05-2013, 07:21 PM
OPdDdC4go6c

<shivers> it was even scarier in my mind....the book FAR surpasses the movie...over 1000 pages...I read it in under 2 weeks...mostly during high school biology lol Poor Mr Moge....

girl_dee
11-05-2013, 07:23 PM
i read many scary books but my first scary movie was my Bloody Valentine. i think i was about 13 or so.

tantalizingfemme
11-05-2013, 07:29 PM
My first scary movie was Salem's Lot. I was terrified something was going to be tapping on my window after that.....

http://www.retrocrush.com/scary/lotwindow.jpg

LeeaSkyy
12-27-2013, 09:34 AM
First scary movie was A nightmare on Elm Street. I love scary movies!! :byebye:

Asari
12-27-2013, 11:22 AM
The first scary movie was Alien and I loved it. I was 7 I think.
The first movie that really scared me was House on Haunted Hill (1999), about a year later. All those preserved organs and fetus... and then I got obsessed with horror movies. :popcorn:

Tuff Stuff
08-26-2017, 11:21 AM
As kid I saw a lot of old school horror films and 1963 The Haunting gave me nightmares for weeks.I caught it on late night creature features and had to be around 7 years old.

homoe
08-26-2017, 11:24 AM
My first scary movie was Salem's Lot. I was terrified something was going to be tapping on my window after that.....

http://www.retrocrush.com/scary/lotwindow.jpg

I've never seen Salem's Lot but when I hear tapping on my window pane I get scared just the same:blink:

gotoseagrl
08-26-2017, 12:52 PM
I think it was the original Halloween, which is still a favorite.

hopelessromantic69
08-26-2017, 01:22 PM
"Phantasm" at the drive in with my mom and brother. It was a triple play with "Ghost ship" and "The fog". I was probably 10 or 11.

FireSignFemme
08-26-2017, 07:23 PM
I'm not sure what the first one was but do know it was one of the following three.

Dumbo – Because I thought his ears were cancerous and would need to be chopped off soon or he would die and if his ears were gone then he wouldn't be able to fly anymore and then he'd lose the very thing that made him so special and helped him to meet other animals and maybe become friends so he wouldn't have to be lonesome.

Bambi – His mother died, who unlike my mother seemed nice, what a loss. And such a shame to perish in a fire like that, an especially painful, anquished way to go. He couldn't have my mother though. Not because I was too selfish to share but because I cared enough about Bambi to not be cruel enough to punish him with her as a gift.

Sleeping Beauty – Maleficent. There are lots of scary things for a very young child to be frightened of about Maleficent but of all of them it was her ability to turn herself into a fire breathing dragon and send great walls of fiery flame shooting up everywhere that freaked me out the most - No, I don't want to get chased by any dragons, especially not a fire breathing one. I'm already a fire sign, I don't need to be on fire. Being set on fire is for somebody else. Like who? I don't know maybe my sister could have it.

homoe
09-01-2017, 08:22 AM
I'm not sure what the first one was but do know it was one of the following three.

Dumbo – Because I thought his ears were cancerous and would need to be chopped off soon or he would die and if his ears were gone then he wouldn't be able to fly anymore and then he'd lose the very thing that made him so special and helped him to meet other animals and maybe become friends so he wouldn't have to be lonesome.

Bambi – His mother died, who unlike my mother seemed nice, what a loss. And such a shame to perish in a fire like that, an especially painful, anquished way to go. He couldn't have my mother though. Not because I was too selfish to share but because I cared enough about Bambi to not be cruel enough to punish him with her as a gift.

Sleeping Beauty – Maleficent. There are lots of scary things for a very young child to be frightened of about Maleficent but of all of them it was her ability to turn herself into a fire breathing dragon and send great walls of fiery flame shooting up everywhere that freaked me out the most - No, I don't want to get chased by any dragons, especially not a fire breathing one. I'm already a fire sign, I don't need to be on fire. Being set on fire is for somebody else. Like who? I don't know maybe my sister could have it.

When I read this and thought back to the Disney movies, you're so right some of these were scary as hell for a child:popcorn:......

2qt
09-01-2017, 09:18 AM
YCmAaNk_iIQ

Not the 2015 version..... The original & omg it scared the hooly dooly out of me... Watched it at the movies with my school friends & of course I had a damn scary looking tree right outside my bedroom window... I never got much sleep that night that's for sure!

Femmewench
09-01-2017, 02:18 PM
Bambi - my mom took me to it, having no idea that Bambi's mom died. Apparently the damn fire wasn't scary enough. His mommy DIED. I was inconsolable. My mother was furious with Walt Disney.

Gayandgray
09-01-2017, 02:27 PM
Not sure of the very first one but I do remember that 1973 movie DONT BE AFRAID OF THE DARK. I watched it with my Mom. And I remember IT'S ALIVE about that baby, Rosemary's Baby, and I think it was called THE BABYSITTER?

Femmewench
09-01-2017, 02:29 PM
Probably around 5 years old I watched Chitty Chitty Bang Bang on TV while my brothers were off being born or something.
That child-catcher guy with his nose and his net and that wagon?
My blood still runs cold and I'm feeling fear NOW even thinking of that character.
Who's the sicko who'd put that character in a children's movie???
FFS!!

I'm not responding to your post but to your links. I went to YouTube, watched a couple and love them. Thanks for sharing.

An interesting thing happened on the right of the YouTube page. A series of videos appeared posted by Bawdy Storytelling. OMG. I may be the last person to discover them, but I actually had to tell myself after an hour that I didn't have to binge watch all of them at the same time. :::fanning self:::

homoe
09-08-2017, 04:20 PM
Given my age more than likely Rosemary's Baby........

Orema
09-08-2017, 05:53 PM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51KD731EC7L._AC_UL320_SR218,320_.jpg

I don't remember how old I was, but I was younger than 8 y/o and watched it with my sister. It shook me up.

Katniss
09-08-2017, 09:27 PM
Jaws. I was about 8. It was months before I could take a bath without staring hard at the drain in case that shark figured out a way to swim up.

Katniss~~ :shark:

TL1
09-09-2017, 07:33 AM
The Exorcist

I'm not good with time frames but I think somewhere between ages 7 and 9.

Now it makes me laugh if I watch it but back then...... :hiding:

homoe
09-17-2017, 10:29 PM
Now that I think back on it, it must of been some movie with Vincent Price:popcorn:

girl_dee
09-18-2017, 04:02 PM
Jaws, not sure how old i was...but i was little.

:shark:

homoe
09-27-2017, 11:04 AM
Now that I think back on it, it must of been some movie with Vincent Price:popcorn:

It may of been Diary of a Madman.......1963 I would of been about 11 or so..

homoe
10-10-2017, 05:16 AM
It may of been the Omen............

homoe
12-30-2017, 05:29 PM
Given my age more than likely Rosemary's Baby........

Yup, Rosemary's Baby :hangloose:

femmsational
12-30-2017, 08:56 PM
I don't remember the name of the movie but it's a well known one. And I didn't watch the whole movie because my mother didn't let me turn on the tv when she wasn't there.

But.....I was at home with a baby sitter and I decided to sneak on the tv. I turned it on at the EXACT moment this girl was spewing green goop out of her mouth and floating in the air over a bed. That cured me of turning on the tv without my mom.

I think I was maybe 6???

homoe
12-30-2017, 08:59 PM
I don't remember the name of the movie but it's a well known one. And I didn't watch the whole movie because my mother didn't let me turn on the tv when she wasn't there.

But.....I was at home with a baby sitter and I decided to sneak on the tv. I turned it on at the EXACT moment this girl was spewing green goop out of her mouth and floating in the air over a bed. That cured me of turning on the tv without my mom.

I think I was maybe 6???

Sounds like maybe the Exorcist with Linda Blair................

Blade
12-30-2017, 09:01 PM
Carrie
The Omen
Halloween

One of these I'm sure

femmsational
12-30-2017, 09:02 PM
Sounds like maybe the Exorcist with Linda Blair................

I think that's the one. Holy SNOT that scared the hell outta little me. LOL!!! Showed me alright. hehehe

homoe
12-30-2017, 09:04 PM
I think that's the one. Holy SNOT that scared the hell outta little me. LOL!!! Showed me alright. hehehe

according to some useless trivia I hold in my head, that green stuff was actually only pea soup!

femmsational
12-30-2017, 09:07 PM
according to some useless trivia I hold in my head, that green stuff was actually only pea soup!

LMAO!! Tell that to a six year old.

Funny though, it is one of my favorite soups.

homoe
06-30-2018, 04:08 AM
LMAO!! Tell that to a six year old.

Funny though, it is one of my favorite soups.

..........:canoworms:....

homoe
07-08-2018, 07:58 PM
I think it was Rosemary's Baby...... I would of been in my teens

homoe
08-30-2018, 01:10 PM
I think it was Rosemary's Baby...... I would of been in my teens

I'm not sure this is actually the first scary movie I saw......

Mel C.
08-30-2018, 04:27 PM
Does Jaws count?

I think I was 8.

Glenn
08-30-2018, 05:46 PM
That is until, "the damn shark is not operational" Spielberg would tell his cast and crew, meaning that a mechanical shark broke down again..

rW23RsUTb2Y

homoe
12-28-2018, 05:46 PM
Does Jaws count?

I think I was 8.

Yup..............:hangloose:

RebelDyke
02-21-2019, 07:51 PM
Cujo. My siblings made me watch it. I had to leave. I love dogs too much. I was about 6? And we were on a sleep over at my uncles

Glenn
02-21-2019, 11:09 PM
Cujo. My siblings made me watch it. I had to leave. I love dogs too much. I was about 6? And we were on a sleep over at my uncles

I admit, they scared me too and still do. My father took me to a couple of those poor horse and dog movies and we wound up leaving because they'd get hurt, then I'd cry and refuse to watch the rest of the movie, so he stopped taking me to animal movies. I still won't watch movies where an animal gets hurt in it.

C0LLETTE
02-22-2019, 08:49 AM
"Where the Boys Are" (Connie Francis, 1960 ) ... I was 15 and I knew I'd never fit in.

cathexis
02-22-2019, 11:28 AM
Rosemary's Baby, Cujo, Jaws, The Exorcist.............. nah.

How about the Original TZ when it came out...the one about the ventriloquist and the dummy. At age 3-4, I was terrified. A little kid with nightly nightmares!? Still have 'em... Don't know that it was just the episode, though.

Most bedtime stories were too scary for me. Main ones being the Grimm "fairy tales". Kids nowadays think Sleeping Beauty is like the Disney version........no, no.

homoe
02-22-2019, 11:56 AM
Rosemary's Baby, Cujo, Jaws, The Exorcist.............. nah.

How about the Original TZ when it came out...the one about the ventriloquist and the dummy. At age 3-4, I was terrified. A little kid with nightly nightmares!? Still have 'em... Don't know that it was just the episode, though.

Most bedtime stories were too scary for me. Main ones being the Grimm "fairy tales". Kids nowadays think Sleeping Beauty is like the Disney version........no, no.

They are bringing Twilight Zone back but I can't remember what network!

Sidebar: My very fav two were Time Enough at Last A henpecked book lover finds himself blissfully alone with his books after a nuclear war & Will the Real Martian Please Stand Up? A flying saucer crashes in a heavy snowstorm somewhere in New England. The police follow tracks from the wreckage to a diner, where a group of bus passengers wait for a bridge to be cleared. There are seven passengers in the restaurant, but the thing is, the driver claims there were only six folks on the bus.

firecat242
03-06-2019, 02:29 PM
Psycho....the original. I must have been around 2 or 3. Not one of my mother's better judgement calls. And then I remember the Birds....haunted me for life. Again, not one of my moms shining moments. Apparently she was a Hitchcock fan.