PDA

View Full Version : The Bachelor/Bachelorette - What are your thoughts?

Niceguy
01-25-2010, 10:42 PM
Anyone watch The Bachelor/Bachelorette? How much do you think is real? How much do you think is staged? Would you try to find the love of your life via this method if there were a BF/Queer/Gay/Lesbian version?

Just_G
01-25-2010, 10:49 PM
I would do it in a heartbeat, whether I was the Bachelor or one of the choices for the Bachelorette! I wouldn't be mackin' on all the girls though. :giggle:

Niceguy
01-27-2010, 03:40 AM
Hey G!

Yeah, I love watching the show. I think I just enjoy trying to figure out who they're gonna choose! I also enjoy watching all the fun stuff they do on the dates.. like bungee jumping off of bridges! I so wanted to do that with them a couple of weeks ago!

Are you watching this season? If so, who do you think Jake is gonna choose?

I'm usually a sucker for brunettes with brown eyes, but Ali and Corrie are my two favorites! They just seem the most genuine and mature! Not to mention intelligent, strong, independent, and beautiful! I also crushed a little on Melissa last year!

Hey, we need to make some canoeing/kayaking plans this summer! Let me know what your weekend schedules looks like.

Niceguy
03-01-2010, 10:34 PM
Okay, am I the only one who watched the final episode of the bachelor tonight? :cheesy:

I wasn't crazy about either of the last two women, but I may have needed a kleenex a couple of times! :watereyes: I won't spoil it for any of the west coasters who may not have seen the ending yet, all I will say is that I still can't believe he let Ali go! :heartbeat:

Blade
03-01-2010, 11:11 PM
I'd do it in a heartbeat, the pickee or the picker I'd do it. Also I agree with Niceguy

Soft*Silver
03-01-2010, 11:23 PM
I think for some, this would work. However, I dont compete, so I would never put myself in that situation. And wouldnt feel comfortable at all as the bachelorette.

I enjoy watching it though, because it is a good snapshot of dating dynamics. It really isnt that much different than how people react in general, only to the extreme, and fast forward.

I loathed the man who picked one, then later, in front of the entire tv audience, announced he had made a mistake and wanted the runner up instead.

the poor girl who had "won" his heart was publicly humiliated...tho she certainly was lifted up by the supporting public. And the girl who came in second...wow..if that were me....no matter WHAT my feelings would have been prior to that moment, I would have said NO THANK YOU. In front of god and everyone, he announces she wasnt good enough until he had his fun with the other one. Man..I NEVER come in second. If I am not first and only, in any way shape or form in a relationship, I AM GONE.

Gemme
03-02-2010, 12:17 AM
It's waaaay too cheesy for my likes, but every once in a while I do watch it and I'll take a peek at it and remember why I prefer reality to tv reality. Besides the butches/FTMs/TG guys I know are SO much hotter than the folks they've come up with thus far!

homoe
10-27-2015, 06:37 PM
God I can't stand either of these shows, and I'm totally clueless why both have been on for as long as they have:seeingstars:

Deborah*
12-16-2017, 03:20 PM
I think it would be nice if there was a lesbian version of this television show.
That would be entertaining.

I dislike the straight version which is what is on television.. although one of the bachelors featured lives in my city, and his friends pushed him into being on the show because of difficulty in finding someone suitable to date.

Deborah

homoe
12-16-2017, 03:23 PM
I think it would be nice if there was a lesbian version of this television show.
That would be entertaining.

I dislike the straight version which is what is on television.. although one of the bachelors featured lives in my city, and his friends pushed him into being on the show because of difficulty in finding someone suitable to date.

Deborah

I agree! I'd watch that if it wasn't to cheesy or graphic...........I am NOT a prude but they keep nothing secret on these shows! I prefer a bit of mystery myself but that's just me!

Deborah*
12-16-2017, 04:05 PM
I agree! I'd watch that if it wasn't to cheesy or graphic...........I am NOT a prude but they keep nothing secret on these shows! I prefer a bit of mystery myself but that's just me!
I like things that are done in good taste.. I agree with you on that.
I'd also like a lesbian version of a few other television shows.

Deborah