PDA

View Full Version : Country Music Fans?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

JDeere
10-08-2015, 10:53 PM
Any other country music fans besides myself?

Wanna talk some gossip or share your current or absolute favorite songs?

Tuff Stuff
10-09-2015, 12:29 AM
Hey JDeere.I have 2 cds in my van that I can't live without..Buck Owens 21 #1 hits and The Very Best of Dwight Yoakam.That's about all the country music I listen to these days even though country music has been a part of my life since the cradle.My parents raised me on this stuff.

umm,no gossip to tell..maybe later :eatinghersheybar:

JDeere
10-09-2015, 12:39 AM
I too was raised on country music. I mainly listen to 1970's to early 2000's country. Some of the stuff today is not what I consider country.

Orema
10-09-2015, 05:52 AM
Any other country music fans besides myself?

Wanna talk some gossip or share your current or absolute favorite songs?

I like country music, but I like the old-school kind. My all-time favorite is Hank Williams Sr. He wrote so many great songs (Hey Good Lookin'; I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry; Cold, Cold, Heart; Honky Tonk Blues). Really, I could listen to him and his songs all day long and not get bored.

I also like Minnie Pearl, Patsy Cline, Loretta Lynn and those bad-ass highway men (Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, and Kris Kristofferson).

Thanks for asking, JD :)

Bèsame*
10-09-2015, 06:47 AM
I'm a so Cali native and country was not even my playlist. (kroq fan, lol) However I was exposed when I was a tag along to a Garth Brooks concert. I'm not a twang fan at all, but I do love some Dwight Yoakum twang, it's eye rolling back in my head good.:)

I agree with some of the new country crossing the line into pop. But...I love Eric Church and his rock and roll guitar! I've seen, Alan Jackson, Tim McGraw, Pat Green, local bands, Randy Rogers, Keith Urban and love the sound of bluesy guitar of Seth Green. Someday I would love to see Carrie Underwood.

The song writing of country can bring goosebumps or a tear to my eye...right now, this is my fav...

kY2pJsOZvc4

JDeere
10-09-2015, 07:21 PM
Thanks for y'all's posts!

Garth Brooks has been my favorite since he came out, I am pretty partial to the singers from Oklahoma. Something about them brings me some calm and reminds me of home.

Keep Smilin
10-09-2015, 08:29 PM
Me! Me! Me! I'm a fan!!! :eyebat::cheesy::cheer:

homoe
10-09-2015, 09:07 PM
I like country music, but I like the old-school kind. My all-time favorite is Hank Williams Sr. He wrote so many great songs (Hey Good Lookin'; I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry; Cold, Cold, Heart; Honky Tonk Blues). Really, I could listen to him and his songs all day long and not get bored.

I also like Minnie Pearl, Patsy Cline, Loretta Lynn and those bad-ass highway men (Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, and Kris Kristofferson).

Thanks for asking, JD :)

YES, now those were some GREAT country crooners!

Blade
10-09-2015, 09:28 PM
I love country music. Some of the all time most well written songs are written by current or former country music stars. Much of what is on the radio especially the last few years is no where remotely country.

Wharever that is that Florida Georgia Line sings is not country and it all sounds the same. There is some dude they keep playing lately who talks threw every song, like he is talking to some chic in a bar. He isn't country either.

I love Hank Sr and Jr, but boy howdy could Sr write a song or what. Willie, Kris, Dolly and Loretta are awesome song writers, as well as Allen Jackson, Kellie Pickler, Randy Owens, JP Pennington and many others.

My current favorite well written song is Girl Crush. Anyone male or female who has ever been dumped for someone else, can relate to this song and probably has felt the emotions in it. I'm not even sure who wrote it.

clay
10-09-2015, 09:37 PM
I have an eclectic taste in music.

Some really great "older crooners"....

George Jones, Merle Haggard, Roy Orbison, Johnny Cash, Pam Tillis, Tammy Wynette, Loretta Lynn, Little Jimmy Dickens, Charley Pride....(yes, I AM dating myself, aren't I....lol....

Jesse
10-09-2015, 10:32 PM
I love country music. I grew up listening to it and have always loved it, old blues too. I still mainly listen to the old stuff but lately I have been listening to some of the stuff that's come out in the last few years.

Some of the ones I have on my playlist:

Brett Eldredge (Lose My Mind) and (Wanna Be That Song).
Zac Brown Band (You Make Loving You Easy).
Little Big Town (Girl Crush) and (Your Side of The Bed)
A Thousand Horses - (Smoke)
Kellie Pickler - (Didn't You Know How Much I Loved You)

But yeah, there is no replacing Hank Sr, Willie, Waylon, Patsy and a few others.

cricket26
10-10-2015, 03:03 PM
78FfS9N04v8?list=PLdmcPvXytjsVWgNKGNyqhrZCo0A5H5vg f

Okiebug61
10-10-2015, 03:44 PM
Taylor Swift ruined country music and opened the door for lousy pop music to become ok as a country genre. Old School Country for me.

GeorgiaMa'am
10-10-2015, 08:07 PM
Taylor Swift ruined country music and opened the door for lousy pop music to become ok as a country genre. Old School Country for me.

I think that barrier between pop music and country music was crossed by the likes of Kenny Rogers and Crystal Gayle and Ronnie Milsap. There were some sick moments in the late 70s (and I don't mean "sick" as in "cool", the way the kids nowadays say - heh).

I have to say though - and I might get stomped for this, but okay - that Taylor Swift is one heck of a songwriter. She is very talented, and I would count her first two albums as country - very story-oriented lyrics, and with traditional country music instruments. After her first two albums, though, she really went into other genres, and in no way do I think what she's doing now has anything to do with country.

That Taylor Swift song about Romeo and Juliet makes me smile every time I hear it - I can't help it. Young love . . .

SirenManda
10-10-2015, 09:36 PM
My favorite style is old 1990's. I mean Gary Allen, Garth Brooks, Allen Jackson. I've been told it's more like the old "Nashville" sound and not mixed with pop.

JDeere
10-11-2015, 06:54 PM
My favorite style is old 1990's. I mean Gary Allen, Garth Brooks, Allen Jackson. I've been told it's more like the old "Nashville" sound and not mixed with pop.

It is. To days country's is rap, pop mixed thanks to taylor swift, shutters. I'm so glad she is out if the country genre.

There needs to be a comeback of a lot of old school peeps maybe through re recordings, etc.

Rockinonahigh
10-12-2015, 01:58 AM
Fan hear, I cut my teeth driving down the road with the oldies but goodies on the radio. Love some of the music form Hank, Willie, Mell Tillis. Loretta and Patsy. The stuff they pass for country now just isn't the same. Oh, don't forget Reba and Dolly.

Orema
10-12-2015, 05:32 AM

Jesse
10-12-2015, 07:23 PM
I remember Patty Page singing this song when I was a little one.

Jesse
10-12-2015, 07:29 PM
S1wLOkXMTOw

JDeere
10-12-2015, 07:31 PM
I remember listening to him back when I was a wee lad!

xlctU0SYKB4

I found this guy last night, he sounds like he knows how country should sound.

ytF7nsHZhEE

Toska
10-13-2015, 01:50 AM
Chris Stapleton - Traveler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kBnFgLP8po

Enjoyed this entire album! I love country with a little R&B flavor to it and this guy definitely has the pipes to pull off some country soul.

Aaron Neville - Grand Tour

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhUlQ_Cay74

Great take on this George Jones classic.

Jason Isbell - Cover Me Up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaUCDqWzy1k

Dark, sensitive, intelligent. Off his 2013 album Southwestern. My favorite album of that year. Every track is a standout.

Talon
10-13-2015, 08:07 PM
lYdXesvlGyU

Toska
10-14-2015, 02:05 AM
kd lang - Crazy

uhi0PwzBSF8

We need to bring torch singers back into country.

Winona Judd - I Want to Know What Love Is

yW4fd7VYyyI

Kind of in that gray area between country and soft rock. Really makes this Foreigners song her own; it smolders.

Steve Earle - Tecumseh Valley

qmrd5cXcbTU

Townes Van Zandt cover. Country music can go to some very dark places while still sounding very pretty.

GeorgiaMa'am gets 1,000 Internets!

cinnamongrrl
10-14-2015, 06:26 AM
I am loving this thread!

Thanks JD! :hangloose:

Bèsame*
10-14-2015, 11:25 AM
I'm not a big fiddle fan...but I saw this local Texas band and I find it really sexy...

_5t7Cl6W-Ag

heQNyYhuHZ4

cricket26
10-14-2015, 05:52 PM
_78F4MvVZT4

my fav gary allan song...

Stone-Butch
10-14-2015, 06:15 PM
I was raised on country, Hank Snow, Hank Williams, KItty, all oldies then moved up to newer, Alan and George and KT and many more. Met so many stars at Fanfair in Nashville. Went for 6 yrs with my ex and it was fabulous. Keep makin that sweet music.

JDeere
10-15-2015, 11:33 PM
R.I.P. Mindy. I miss her singing.

gU-VpNFIsA4

Talon
10-23-2015, 12:43 PM
lBvTbdQGoV0

Talon
10-23-2015, 01:51 PM
brrsX8JAKFI

Rockinonahigh
10-23-2015, 07:13 PM
If anyone in wants to watch some old time country on T.V. I recently up graded my channels on dish and picked up two channels that are really good. One is R.F.D tv station 231,it has lots of good country music and shows...even has Porter Wagner on it. The other is station 248 called Ride, its a bit more fancy but also has lots of good things as well. I already had the horse racing station 398 and it has everything from rodeo to chuck wagon races, jumping to dressage plus plenty of how to clinics for horse folks. I wish they had the stuff when I was a kid, that was in the dark ages so I'm told told...heck they barely had black and white T.V. then.

Shystonefem
10-24-2015, 06:54 AM
I love country music. I grew up listening to it and have always loved it, old blues too. I still mainly listen to the old stuff but lately I have been listening to some of the stuff that's come out in the last few years.

Some of the ones I have on my playlist:

Brett Eldredge (Lose My Mind) and (Wanna Be That Song).
Zac Brown Band (You Make Loving You Easy).
Little Big Town (Girl Crush) and (Your Side of The Bed)
A Thousand Horses - (Smoke)
Kellie Pickler - (Didn't You Know How Much I Loved You)

But yeah, there is no replacing Hank Sr, Willie, Waylon, Patsy and a few others.

All part of my favorites. I listen to all of the above almost daily.

I also love Reba (almost everything she does)
Zac Brown Colder Weather
Maddie and Tay (spelling?) Fly
Blake Shelton. Doing What She Likes, Honey Bee, Austin.. I guess most of his music...
Miranda Lambert Over You and quite a few more

Talon
10-26-2015, 05:16 PM
wG5URpUDgZY

JDeere
10-26-2015, 07:23 PM
Who listens to Dolly?

c1zJzr-kWsI

JDeere
11-02-2015, 09:44 PM
vBErCVNP6rM

JDeere
11-02-2015, 09:52 PM
I found this guy while searching for Texas Country!

Dy3FFGd3le8

This other one he does covers of country songs but the one he wrote is good as well.

9kpldbKLCp8

GeorgiaMa'am
11-02-2015, 10:00 PM
If anyone in wants to watch some old time country on T.V. I recently up graded my channels on dish and picked up two channels that are really good. One is R.F.D tv station 231,it has lots of good country music and shows...even has Porter Wagner on it. The other is station 248 called Ride, its a bit more fancy but also has lots of good things as well. I already had the horse racing station 398 and it has everything from rodeo to chuck wagon races, jumping to dressage plus plenty of how to clinics for horse folks. I wish they had the stuff when I was a kid, that was in the dark ages so I'm told told...heck they barely had black and white T.V. then.

I miss Porter Wagner, and also Hee Haw. There's something about Saturday evening that doesn't seem quite right without those two shows, even all these years later.

JDeere
11-02-2015, 10:04 PM
I miss Porter Wagner, and also Hee Haw. There's something about Saturday evening that doesn't seem quite right without those two shows, even all these years later.

How about this for ya Ma'am!

0NUQceKqpJM

Jesse
11-04-2015, 09:30 PM
1yDt-QCsYYU

Jesse
11-04-2015, 10:19 PM
Chris Stapleton - This dude has a hellavu voice!

vhzpFrNG9DA

JDeere
11-04-2015, 10:23 PM
I'm not fond of much of the new stuff, too popish, good voices maybe but if it has no twang to it or the sound, I don't like it LOL.

JDeere
11-04-2015, 10:46 PM
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j129/NewAddiction29/george%202_zpsaypdxeoj.jpg (http://s79.photobucket.com/user/NewAddiction29/media/george%202_zpsaypdxeoj.jpg.html)

Bèsame*
11-05-2015, 09:11 AM
ADuUQT_fPCw

ProfPacker
11-05-2015, 09:42 AM
Yes Besame, thanks. All your guys in one place lol

Bèsame*
11-05-2015, 09:56 AM
Yes Besame, thanks. All your guys in one place lol

😍😍😍

Wonderful night indeed!

I hope you feel better soon!

nhplowboi
11-05-2015, 12:58 PM
Have to say I am not sure how a guy who hasn't sung a song that made it to the top 40 in country music manages to snag the Male Vocalist of the Year award. I have never heard of him until he won his 3 awards last night. With that said I went on a quest for his music videos and have to say I understand why he doesn't have a top 40. Very confusing.

Shystonefem
11-05-2015, 05:02 PM
I have to say that it was tasteless and insensitive for Blake Shelton to announce his relationship with Gwen S. THE DAY OF THE AWARDS..... I also have to say that I am thrilled that he win nothing and Miranda did!!!!!

Martina
11-05-2015, 07:28 PM
It seems to me they are trying to court some kind of authenticity again. I don't know how truly talented musicians, as many of them are, perform the trash they do year after year. Money and attention are powerful incentives, I imagine.

Signs of the authenticity scare:

Eric Church's "Mr Misunderstood" -- esp the lyric "But you love your daddy's vinyl, old-time rock and roll -- Elvis Costello, Ray Wylie Hubbard, and think Jeff Tweedy is one bad mother"

LeeAnn Womack's nominations for an album of Americana music -- songs by Bruce Robison, Julie Miller, Neil Young, Hayes Carll, Mindy Smith, and Chris Knight.

Chris Stapleton doing so well. While he writes mainstream country songs for mainstream country artists, he is more of a roots performer himself. And that excellent duet with Justin Timberlake clearly put smiles on everyone's faces. Loved that Miranda wore a Chris Stapleton t-shirt as she picked up her award.

Rewarding the "Girl Crush" song so highly. It's not controversial by indy or pop standards, but it clearly shook up country radio some.

Kacey Musgraves -- there and doing well. I like some of her stuff a lot. I thought the performance last nigth was weird, but I am a little old to get all of what she is up to. Still, no question that she pushes the mainstream country radio envelope.

----------------------------------
There was still plenty of bro-country -- didn't Florida George Line win two awards? And the endless parade of blonde divas, including our hostess. And the typical pandering bullshit -- Brad Paisley's football thing. Still, there was less of all that and a touch of hope. There sure hasn't been much for a long long time.

Maybe it's because Americana artists are making more money, mostly from NPR listeners but still . . . . Maybe because Buddy Miller and other altcountry folks are behind the tv show Nashville. I don't know. I always thought they knew what real country music was and that it wasn't what they were playing, but that they wouldn't risk alienating their young country girl demographic to play much of it. In the past, Brad Paisley would have Willie or someone play with him during an awards show performance -- to sing along on the chorus - -but I always found those minimal acknowledgements insulting. Remember when Johnny Cash died and there was almost no recognition? I don't know. I gave up hope on mainstream country long ago. Or I thought I did.

Kätzchen
11-06-2015, 01:03 AM
There are a few Country Western artists I like, but I absolutely love both singles and entire albums of songs by Johnny Cash, Conway Twitty, Loretta Lynn, The Statler Brothers, Lynn Anderson and Charley Pride.

But most of all, I really like Patsy Cline and The Jordanaires.

2OVtpnpCOKM

When I listen to Country Western music, this is generally the kind of style I prefer to hear.

Martina
11-06-2015, 02:11 AM
Billy Joe Shaver. Great writer. Been following him since the eighties. A national treasure.

oilwusvq5SI

tymJpakpu5s

Martina
11-06-2015, 03:08 AM
Buddy Miller -- guitar god, singer, writer, producer. I feel like I am home when I listen to him.

rjZVaMsGB_M

JDeere
11-06-2015, 06:35 PM
I heard this song again today, I listened to the lyrics and understand how he feels in this song.

eFHJ41ktt3Q

Martina
11-06-2015, 09:13 PM
My favorite Merle song, maybe the best country song ever -- Mama's Hungry Eyes

UUadGJVbuPc

JDeere
11-06-2015, 10:11 PM
Another good Merle song!

zn_SGLtiz2U

Martina
11-06-2015, 10:39 PM
A newer one. within the last 10 years anyway. He can still write. Love this.

WWJNqLY9bzM

JDeere
11-06-2015, 10:42 PM
Good Ole Vern Gosdin!

lKaIzzOPyEA

Blade
11-07-2015, 12:12 PM
The first time I heard "Girl Crush" I thought oh man that is such a well written song. A song that really anyone can relate to, and Karen Fairchild, whoa!

I read an article a few days ago. The author was saying that Girl Crush sounds remarkably like "It's a Heartache". I sang and hummed both of them all day at work Friday LOL. It's true they do sound very similar. He called it "borrowing" and that is a lot of borrowing, he said.

I like both songs, but thought Girl Crush was just awesome writing.

I did want to comment on a George Strait post a few days ago. He has won like 18 entertainer of the year awards. I love his music, but IMO he is not an entertainer, he's a singer. Also IMO the people in country music started being actual entertainers in the 90's, while of course you still have those that are singers and we love them.

cricket26
11-07-2015, 01:36 PM
UFVpezv_Caw

GeorgiaMa'am
11-07-2015, 07:53 PM
I did want to comment on a George Strait post a few days ago. He has won like 18 entertainer of the year awards. I love his music, but IMO he is not an entertainer, he's a singer. Also IMO the people in country music started being actual entertainers in the 90's, while of course you still have those that are singers and we love them.

I would say that Porter Wagner, Dolly Parton, Buck Owens and Roy Clark were entertainers before the 1990s, as well as singers. Elvis was definitely an entertainer. The Grand Ole Opry encouraged and supported lots of singers to be entertainers.

Jesse
11-07-2015, 08:33 PM
Hank never goes out of style, even my dog, Sadie, loves to listen to him! She cocks her head from side to side when he sings. :)

JczEyQHBLEw

JDeere
11-08-2015, 01:01 AM
Early Easton Corbin. Before he went pop/rock!

oS1NfjLkdSM

Martina
11-08-2015, 02:18 AM
Not one of Jimmie Dale Gilmore's well known songs, but I have always loved it.

ipTAdLoM9Bw

Martina
11-08-2015, 02:33 AM
Thad Cockrell and Caitlin Cary duet. So lovely.

RYvKAYKlsv4

Martina
11-08-2015, 02:56 AM
Sturgill Simpson -- fairly recent discovery for me --

LWx6csgGkg4

JDeere
11-08-2015, 09:31 PM
Earl Thomas Conley- he came up on my Pandora station, this song to be exact.

nNuqSK1eSCU

Martina
11-08-2015, 10:03 PM
Darrell Scott -- a great songwriter and a darned good performer. This Darrell Scott song was made famous by Travis Tritt. Scott also wrote "Long Time Gone," a hit for the Dixie Chicks.

W9EckNMwRkc

Martina
11-08-2015, 10:35 PM
John Hiatt, another great writer, who does some country. And tours with Lyle Lovett. So I guess it's fair to add him here.

Dw547V4jP7Q

Martina
11-08-2015, 10:49 PM
Reckless Kelly.

mnq3Iyj9psQ

JDeere
11-08-2015, 11:11 PM
Gary Allan in 1999 before he went a bit pop/rock but I still like his current music.

_78F4MvVZT4

Martina
11-09-2015, 11:07 PM
Lucero -- Nights Like These. They are not making the records they used to, but I am still a big fan.

mIa3QTp34Sw

Martina
11-10-2015, 04:35 AM
Robert Earl Keen, Jr -- What I Really Mean

lhNFZ37OfE4

Martina
11-12-2015, 12:02 AM
a cover of a country song (by Gillian Welch) by two great folksingers.

9F3Kv13TWD0

Martina
11-12-2015, 12:10 AM
An old one by Lucinda Williams

mDq80rYhO_w

Martina
11-12-2015, 06:42 AM
Lovely simple song written by Jesse Winchester, a great country songwriter, who passed away last year. The song is called Biloxi, and the best known version is by Jimmie Buffet. This is by Roseanne Cash. My favorite is by Tom Rush, I guess. Or I just love Tom Rush.

iDhV5SscEgc

Another by Jesse Winchester. Also simple and deadly. This version is by Buddy Miller, but George Strait has a nice version too.

Q7pWMGxDNbg

Martina
11-12-2015, 07:07 AM
Buddy Miller and Patty Griffin singing a Lefty Frizzell song

YvPNtXZikYE

Cin
11-12-2015, 12:36 PM
I always enjoyed listening to Roy Clark pick.

lxDQQDF6j0Y

And of course Jerry Reed

qOGiW-y-Vhs

Chet and Jerry

Z3qcU3OGuHw

More Chet w Mark Knopfler

sSdThfseSkQ

Martina
11-12-2015, 09:20 PM
In spite of health problems and years passing, he's still so good. Hal Ketchum

PZFqZ3Hlhrk

xgtf5EiAurs

Martina
11-12-2015, 09:32 PM
Norman Blake, Tony Rice, and Doc Watson - maybe the three best flatpickers ever. I saw Norman Blake many many times over the years in Ann Arbor. I have seen them all live. I once was on the same Amtrak car as Tony Rice. I didn't say anything to him though. He had his guitar right there with him, as you'd expect.

XEZp_Z6SWEI

JDeere
11-13-2015, 01:20 AM
Tina Martina is on a roll posting good music.

:p

JDeere
11-13-2015, 02:13 AM
3cQNkIrg-Tk

Cin
11-13-2015, 06:56 AM
I love this song. I think Patty Griffin is probably more folk than country, but then nothing exists in a vacuum and country has it's roots in folk among other genres so perhaps this song will appeal...

hVM1cfCNWV8

One of her new songs. A tad political...

nOOawJNZtQI

Martina
11-13-2015, 03:32 PM
I am a huge Patty Griffin fan. She's got a lot of country tunes. What a writer.

Country music is a mutt -- combination of all kinds of influences: blues, old-timey, folk, rock, R&B, jazz and pop. People criticized Chet Atkins for being too poppy and jazzy. A lot of the folks doing traditional sounding country now have absolutely no connection to the land or the culture. But they do great music. Even Doc Watson, rest in peace, started out as a rock musician. But the folk revival was going strong, and he found he could make money that way. There is no such thing as pure country music and probably hasn't been since before there were professional country musicians.

rxIEyLeGQs0

uMswPuc2QyQ

8cdnF3NUSCY

Martina
11-14-2015, 01:15 AM
some funny ones --

corb lund (a Canadian) -- BKoYT4febHM

Austin Lounge Lizards --
rnE5zvosplc

Junior Brown --
tEiHAQ5-SVM

Loretta Lynn and Conway Twitty --
iFq6eZBS1iM

Todd Snider --
uUVzhale5R8

Fred Eaglesmith
2sK2HaGzscs

James McMurtry
AWEJPqJtZsk

John Prine
Li-HVSdjQFg

JDeere
11-14-2015, 01:23 AM
iICDCj-qOEU

JDeere
11-14-2015, 03:11 AM
Okay yes I can be sappy but this song is the damn sweetest song I have heard come from a man, except Garth or George Strait!

b6zZts7HPDg

JDeere
11-15-2015, 12:27 AM
S-G2J3RzURA

Martina
11-15-2015, 02:10 AM
Some Canadians

hj3v25wKyYg

0noOx6m98_I

xjuSmYEnsrI

uqi3Yo6c31M

W9N5T-4dOuk

VVPEaL4_6c4

c5n2IIBX7cA

aEhX0QrVKKE

Luv
11-15-2015, 04:32 AM
I love traditional country music. Hate the pop country thats out now days

Cin
11-15-2015, 11:10 AM
Speaking of Canadian country, I love Blue Rodeo. It's technically country rock I suppose...
/PmC6kcDrE_0

One of my favorite Cowboy Junkies' songs

/wJIB1pBHUx8

Cin
11-15-2015, 12:00 PM
Speaking of John Prine, this song cracks me up

/F5axlwCBXC8

Martina
11-17-2015, 02:58 AM
Charlie Robison

ZFJ-l6bHTH8

kGulN5J8e64

wg1pYtoWL6c

yrulwZ_XWsA

Martina
11-17-2015, 07:10 PM
e2M2b-Bpv_I

lki4ifyYuLo

lKBN5ewEXdc

TSa7Qzk2tgQ

Jesse
11-18-2015, 12:42 AM
8zNf4sOO_mg

2E9XX7fKwJA

Nvibqta0yHM

Jesse
11-18-2015, 12:53 AM
oqP4q1lHCHQ

Blade
11-21-2015, 09:03 PM
This is country music

GhqbESuc2v8

Blade
11-25-2015, 10:40 PM
ptFza9OMqiU

She took down the photograph
Of our wedding day
Ripped it down the middle
And threw my half away
And I got nobody to blame but me
I got nobody to blame but me
She broke all my fishing rods
Put my guns in hock
Threw my clothes out in the yard
And changed out all the locks

[Chorus]
I know right where I went wrong
I know just what got her gone
Turned my life into this country song

[Verse 2]
She fired up my old hot rod
Ran it in the pond
Put sugar in my Johnny
I can’t even mow my lawn
She built her a bonfire
With my old six string
Took all my good whiskey
And poured it down the drain

JDeere
12-07-2015, 09:02 PM
IMN_h7S60FA

Jesse
12-08-2015, 11:29 PM
CqfqbcJHsO4

Talon
12-10-2015, 01:39 PM
rOs9aOn74UI

homoe
12-10-2015, 03:46 PM
JkXFFOOs_3g

JDeere
12-10-2015, 11:30 PM
nCdWb-4adgk

Stone-Butch
12-11-2015, 12:25 AM
Anything by:

Patsy Cline
Conway Twitty
George Jones
Tanya Tucker

and on and on.

JDeere
12-12-2015, 09:47 PM
This is Kane Brown's new video. I know it's kind of rockish but I really like the song.

sTjvc87fAZU

Martina
12-13-2015, 03:20 AM
9S-yirvmqx0

oJ5cptaf1dM

hayes Carll 0K6Gtr3n2pg

JDeere
12-13-2015, 11:42 PM
Might be a repost but I really do like this song!

eFHJ41ktt3Q

JDeere
12-13-2015, 11:51 PM
QZ8KO3s2d6o

Martina
12-14-2015, 01:45 AM
M3_LGj_05SE

JDeere
12-14-2015, 08:45 PM
cvScGhbAEAo

cricket26
12-14-2015, 09:02 PM
ubwxBwXoCsg

Martina
12-14-2015, 09:30 PM
98jNS8MmEqw

Martina
12-14-2015, 10:01 PM
QHoAg-LlVVM

Martina
12-14-2015, 10:13 PM
EgQt1MwetSY

JDeere
12-15-2015, 02:39 AM
d32h0TuSgEY

Talon
12-15-2015, 01:43 PM
oNjlrJ-JaBA

JDeere
12-16-2015, 01:33 AM
TUkL3nXVZXk

Talon
12-17-2015, 09:47 AM
CtIjGBV0X6k

Bubala
12-17-2015, 02:08 PM
QaXr2vGDQwk

JDeere
12-17-2015, 09:46 PM
ihqEuk7PCU4

Talon
12-21-2015, 12:37 PM
PLnncuskFhc

Talon
12-21-2015, 12:40 PM
O_D6lnFjWUk

JDeere
12-22-2015, 09:42 PM
88266ffTLPo

JDeere
12-22-2015, 09:55 PM
wvKLWscIeJk

Angeltoes
12-24-2015, 02:14 AM
ruyaKdPfTN4

JDeere
01-11-2016, 08:42 PM
vgvPw6FNopc

JDeere
01-21-2016, 09:02 PM
Fi0vmnxM3ao

JDeere
01-26-2016, 08:11 PM
mieIsY-194k

JDeere
01-27-2016, 01:42 AM
9q20Hj4FWbc

JDeere
01-27-2016, 01:57 AM
3hm6WvKncXk

homoe
01-27-2016, 02:44 AM
V6c8a90PWIM

JDeere
01-27-2016, 06:06 AM
Yp-g2NlZ0mw

JDeere
01-30-2016, 04:42 AM
VrR_2rXiKA0

JDeere
02-03-2016, 11:02 PM
kJlAAWcc7VA

JDeere
02-07-2016, 07:03 AM
fcpGyKkME9k

JDeere
03-02-2016, 09:21 PM
7yg05svXp98

JDeere
03-19-2016, 07:37 PM
rGF9XyDbUYE

Kätzchen
05-12-2016, 10:47 AM
9DkcQ09h2Vo

Kätzchen
05-12-2016, 10:53 AM
JGWm6mkqmRo

Kätzchen
05-12-2016, 11:01 AM
teky_WUqM3Q

storyspinner70
05-12-2016, 12:19 PM
One of my all time favorites
x8A9Y1Dq_cQ

I grew up on gunfighter ballads - ah, nostalgia
999RqGZatPs

storyspinner70
05-12-2016, 12:47 PM
0N2v9gRNcrg

CherylNYC
05-12-2016, 04:43 PM
Mary Gauthier with Gretchen Peterson and Eliza Gilkyson at the City Winery tomorrow night!

GeorgiaMa'am
05-26-2016, 06:42 PM
D9dVyLvJDFw

Jess
05-26-2016, 08:18 PM
I love them... Hoping to see them in Aug in Tulsa!

Tedeschi Trucks Band

this is from the Garden and Gun (magazine) Back Porch series:

http://gardenandgun.com/media/back-porch-session-tedeschi-trucks-band?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=socialmedia&utm_campaign=may2016_facebook

6GkdCiqsFUI

ZrSK-0-MQ8s

:hangloose:

:cigar2:

FireSignFemme
05-26-2016, 08:43 PM
O2JueQxNq9c

FireSignFemme
05-26-2016, 09:07 PM
nXibq_9Q8gI

FireSignFemme
05-26-2016, 09:19 PM
A_I-J81Kcek

Stone-Butch
05-27-2016, 05:09 AM
Gary Fjellgaard "Fire and Lace"

Stone-Butch
05-27-2016, 05:33 AM
Lacy J. Dalton......... "Black Coffee"

K. T. Oslin.......... "Do ya"

Lorrie Morgan & Keith Whitley.... "Till a Tear Becomes a Rose"

FireSignFemme
05-31-2016, 07:40 AM
kPJzLCQq4h0

FireSignFemme
05-31-2016, 07:42 AM
4UMrXVSo5_U

FireSignFemme
05-31-2016, 07:43 AM
beZjkiVtKEE

FireSignFemme
05-31-2016, 07:46 AM
nS1PBpWWyfc

JDeere
06-26-2016, 12:09 AM
SHi8osKQzYA

JDeere
06-26-2016, 12:17 AM
mhaju2pwrJg

Talon
07-26-2016, 01:18 PM
Jj4nJ1YEAp4

ZYRfUoR9Q4Y

Stone-Butch
07-26-2016, 01:29 PM
Bellamy Brothers------ If I said you had a beautiful body.

homoe
07-26-2016, 02:00 PM
watch?v=0tj8giihiuc

JDeere
08-06-2016, 07:27 PM
What do ya'll think about Miranda Lambert's new song called Vice?

I know some of us are old skool country but for the ones who listen to it all,what say you?

Stone-Butch
08-06-2016, 08:59 PM
Sawyer Brown---- Boys like me

(some girls don't like boys like me ah but some girls do) love it.

Bèsame*
08-06-2016, 09:16 PM

I know some of us are old skool country but for the ones who listen to it all,what say you?

I actually really like it. Heartbreaking words, bluesy guitar. She wrote it, where as the 4 little word song, he picked up from some other song writer.

Talon
08-08-2016, 11:42 AM
lPOTQBEe2eA

unKozorltME

Talon
08-08-2016, 11:57 AM

>>I enjoy both types, it just depends....I like her new song, and agree with much of what Besame has said...but my favorite will always be her first album.

legally_b10nde
08-21-2016, 12:03 PM
I like me some country music too! Esp. Miranda Lambert:hk2:

femmeandstrong
08-21-2016, 12:19 PM
Bob Seger...
Billy Joel...

= my favorites

JDeere
08-21-2016, 07:55 PM
Nj_ZznMMRic

JDeere
08-24-2016, 10:25 PM
xXeL3CHdLYk

Talon
08-24-2016, 11:30 PM
6MPK_CnWcSE

Talon
08-27-2016, 09:40 AM
aIq1LvzSLsk

TVRzk3VWOKY

Talon
08-27-2016, 09:42 AM
HflDc7PUT2g

fTqra4YSsaM

kittygrrl
08-27-2016, 10:31 AM
[QUOTE=Talon;1086476]aIq1LvzSLsk

your that grrl
Iy-ojimu3wo

Talon
08-29-2016, 01:37 PM
Mrs. Kitty, you have actually caused me to blush like a shy school girl...:blush:

You cutie you...💖

JDeere
08-31-2016, 10:23 PM
XSbnrPSuwQY

Jesse
08-31-2016, 10:38 PM
I think Miranda Lambert has a good voice and I like her new song.

Jesse
08-31-2016, 10:40 PM
FaWH5TWzDCk

FireSignFemme
09-06-2016, 04:15 AM
NGUP8oc9Bgs

Talon
09-15-2016, 09:25 AM
rxYQZmTzgoE

Talon
09-15-2016, 09:26 AM
aDqqm_gTPjc

Talon
10-12-2016, 12:21 PM
7vktEmmpfQ4

legally_b10nde
10-16-2016, 01:41 PM
I like me some Johnny Cash!

EdSIlVZhsDw

FireSignFemme
10-22-2016, 12:40 AM
JBsXywDAmh0

Kätzchen
10-30-2016, 10:38 AM
PGfNsHCND90

There's an awful lot of songs, that I just love, by Waylon Jennings and The Outlaws, but his wife Jessi, her voice always took me to places, her songs just touched my heart: Like her song, "I'm Not Lisa." But I like their song " Storms Never Last."

You can see how much they love each other as they sing this ballad.

I think what I like most about country music is that so many of the artists have a certain way of talking about things in life that makes you feel like they know what you've been going through.

Anyway, hope you enjoy hearing them sing the ballad, "Storms Never Last."

nanners
10-30-2016, 11:54 AM
I love country music! Currently I'm into the newest Dolly Parton CD...Pure & Simple, especially tracks 1,3 and 4.

JDeere
11-01-2016, 07:56 PM
TUkL3nXVZXk

JDeere
11-01-2016, 08:07 PM
XSbnrPSuwQY

Jesse
11-01-2016, 10:55 PM
XyMy9iGJb2I

Martina
11-02-2016, 04:04 AM
98jNS8MmEqw

Martina
11-02-2016, 05:08 AM
pYdvxBxHX2U

Jesse
11-02-2016, 07:34 PM
PKpQRjj_WbU

Jesse
11-02-2016, 07:43 PM
7bzQqaPO8iM&list=PLTCJ9mMHxy20Fr6LQqhnWBACwJX-CFsPs

JDeere
11-02-2016, 11:14 PM
tSBH6bTZPro

Jesse
11-03-2016, 03:21 PM
m725QginUiY&list=PLAZzwEtSYwRiyCnshbRjnl0iPwLc0cEn5&index=6

Jesse
11-03-2016, 07:15 PM
-tJXjt5D4zY

Zimmeh
11-03-2016, 07:31 PM
I grew up listening to Ernest Tubb, Kenny Rogers, Hank Williams Sr and Jr, Dolly Parton and Loretta Lynn. My favorite female Country singer is, Reba. One of the first country cd's that I purchased, was by Rascall Flatts.

Zimmeh

Talon
11-04-2016, 05:10 PM
xP-Sxfntdb4

Talon
11-09-2016, 12:17 PM
tuMDG5RvdXs

Kätzchen
11-14-2016, 11:08 PM
..... I just watched The Voice tonight and Austin Allsup just gave an amazing performance of an Aretha Franklin classic:
Do Right Woman, Do Right Man.

Garth Brooks was saying that Austin's future is "...as good as he wants to ride it."

y5PojJnZlyo

*** I can see how addicting this TV show can be. Pretty amazing talent, I'd say. :)

Kätzchen
11-21-2016, 11:36 PM
I am watching The Voice tonight with my sweet elderly room mate, and gosh, Austin Allsup just nailed a Bob Seger classic, Turn The Page. Wow, he really has such an unique talent for his style and delivery (that outlaw type of country western music). Check out his performance tonight..... I hope he is offered an amazing recording contract with some amazing studio out on the east coast.

ytSihLlVWU4

Talon
11-30-2016, 12:32 PM
8SGVRcJARxQ

Jesse
12-16-2016, 01:19 PM
GaJTwDvTNhY&list=PL9pPtapdUOOwWSc8XSr4txEe2Lo9SqprB

JDeere
12-25-2016, 10:45 PM
-FlSP0wsF5U

Shystonefem
12-26-2016, 04:24 AM
My latest obsession is Garth and Trisha's duets and Garth's new music. I ways loved both of them anyway but they are my latest obsession along with Miranda.

I love Garth's music, I love Garth and Trisha's dynamic. You can just tell that they are head over heels for eachother.

JDeere
12-27-2016, 01:28 AM
1M7pCS6Jpho

JDeere
01-05-2017, 12:45 AM
UGU7EsjOAwk

JDeere
01-13-2017, 11:11 PM
hyve5cNm8i4

homoe
01-14-2017, 06:58 AM
kF1CYC6L-2E

Get your hankies out...........:watereyes:

JDeere
02-04-2017, 10:22 AM
8yH7DC8kjU0

JDeere
02-05-2017, 12:23 AM
bflkeWVTNk0

JDeere
02-12-2017, 01:32 AM
o0i8RbGMHHY

JDeere
04-06-2017, 09:08 PM
Bajr0Psja3U

girl_dee
04-07-2017, 03:12 AM
Sammy Kershaw, She's the queen of my double wide trailer...

iICDCj-qOEU

girl_dee
04-07-2017, 03:16 AM
07_rnlBezQg

JDeere
04-07-2017, 11:52 PM
ka1MMrjiDIA

JDeere
04-09-2017, 08:13 PM
praPLrnp1cY

girl_dee
04-10-2017, 03:33 AM
hsBKybUusyP8

JDeere
04-11-2017, 07:25 PM
rM8tROzp4Dc

Buckaroo
04-11-2017, 08:12 PM
Jdeere....from one butch Texan to another.....hope you enjoy it!

6JkzRNkhcQs

FireSignFemme
04-12-2017, 12:44 AM
Yfqn8XF_HEA

FireSignFemme
04-12-2017, 12:45 AM
hRIRTQ_k-Sg

FireSignFemme
04-12-2017, 12:46 AM
sikYwz2hMf4

girl_dee
04-12-2017, 03:30 AM
bhADbEcYYBM

i was told this song was written for me, but i never actually met George in person.... heh

Buckaroo
04-13-2017, 08:00 PM
kDsroFc83LM

Buckaroo
04-13-2017, 08:02 PM
C3PB1jWO3_E

Buckaroo
04-13-2017, 08:07 PM
JYZMT8otKdI

JDeere
04-14-2017, 06:51 PM
8ji_byLzeBk

Buckaroo
04-14-2017, 10:49 PM
Q8XkLrErSHw

Buckaroo
04-14-2017, 10:54 PM
dV0eMaIFlvA

Buckaroo
04-14-2017, 11:00 PM
gS35hISn7x0

JDeere
04-15-2017, 11:08 AM
rja3S9FH97g

JDeere
04-16-2017, 10:32 PM
rPMaTf0KU0M

JDeere
04-22-2017, 11:57 AM
7vI9kxtbFmU

girl_dee
04-22-2017, 12:32 PM
oUyid7OImrg

A million miles from nowhere
A million miles from you
Alone, broken hearted and blue.
Memories of you
And the love you once knew
How they linger in my heart
Though we are a million, a million miles apart.
A million miles from happiness
A million miles of loneliness
The world of wilderness
Oh, how I can go on like this?
A million miles from you
Alone broken hearted and blue...

Buckaroo
04-25-2017, 08:54 PM
lPOTQBEe2eA

Buckaroo
04-25-2017, 08:56 PM
3tthIHXUsPs

Buckaroo
04-25-2017, 08:59 PM
Eo2OIUpWznY

Buckaroo
04-25-2017, 09:02 PM
A3MGfJ3eMGA

Kätzchen
05-04-2017, 04:23 PM
e9iAqzfJ9Gw

I once heard Stevie Nicks in concert, not too long ago, and I know she's not technically a country western artist, but.... when her band covers Tom Petty's song, Free Falling, the steel guitar is simply awesome.

Buckaroo
05-04-2017, 07:59 PM
zu9QM1LQR2g

Buckaroo
05-04-2017, 08:01 PM
8Pp66FNd54M

Buckaroo
05-04-2017, 08:08 PM
I2kekJa4giU

JDeere
05-05-2017, 08:19 PM
yj2sbstLLds