PDA

View Full Version : Your Beautiful Life

Nat
02-08-2016, 03:26 PM
What did you find beautiful today?

Nat
02-08-2016, 03:35 PM
This morning I woke up fantasizing about growing honeysuckle on my back fence, and planting that hedge of roses I have been wanting to plant in lieu of a fence, and how lovely it would be to grow a big mass of wisteria in the front yard so that it could be near the porch. I thought about the trees I would like to plant, and how I would like to paint the trim around my windows and my front door. I thought about the little loquat tree my mother offered me, a baby from one of her trees. I couldn't quite get a mental image together, but it was nice to wake up thinking about plants. My first encounter with beauty today was in my daydreams.

candy_coated_bitch
02-08-2016, 03:35 PM
Bottles of orange juice lined up for what seemed like forever.

Gemme
02-08-2016, 07:20 PM
...snowfall...

gotoseagrl
02-08-2016, 09:27 PM
Every morning when i start the coffee, i admire the masterpiece of majestic mountains so close, outside our window. i love our state.

Kelt
02-08-2016, 09:41 PM
This afternoon I got to wander my new yard without snow/frost and when I pushed back some leaves I saw dozens (possibly hundreds) of bulbs poking their little green eyes out of the ground in the perimeter beds.

While it may not be particularly stereotypically "Butch", I do like having lots of cut flowers around the house in the spring.

:rrose:

I can't wait to see what all these bare branch tallish shrubs turn out to be!

meridiantoo
02-08-2016, 10:01 PM
Our cat sleeping on the floor in the living room in a beam of sunlight purring...

Nat
02-09-2016, 06:50 AM
Waking up to the sound of birds chirping even though it is still dark outside. Their little voices sound so cheerful. :)

A. Spectre
02-09-2016, 08:40 AM
My next door neighbors have been married for 54 years, She is entering the beginning stages of Alzheimer's, which has been painfully evident these last few years.

The three of us were chatting it up this morning over coffee and She stumbled and fumbled when speaking about Her daughter, She could not come up with her name.

He, gently said the daughter's name without missing a beat, held her hand and kissed her.

She has bewilderment in Her eyes, He has understanding and love that is immeasurable.

She is beautiful, He is beautiful, They are beautiful.

Bèsame*
02-09-2016, 11:02 PM
I'm in love with the beautiful color of the sky on my way home. The sun has set, it's a golden orange to the west and the blue of the sky turns to dusk when I look to the east. Such an incredible event, everyday. Lucky to see when it's not stormy :)

https://clearingsomespacedotcom.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/twilight-sky-over-city.jpg?w=500

Kelt
02-10-2016, 08:42 PM
The tiniest orange sliver of a crescent moon tonight..

:moonstars:

MsTinkerbelly
02-10-2016, 09:08 PM
Watching my love laugh so hard that she cried.

Bèsame*
02-10-2016, 10:28 PM
Peeling a blood orange for the first time. Beautiful surprise ...

http://www.essentialoilwizardry.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/blood-orange.jpg

Nat
02-10-2016, 10:44 PM
- re-reading "a clean well-lighted place."
- hearing Cassandra Wilson's version of "Love is Blindness"
- a fellow poet's encouragement to write "even when not inspired"

Greyson
02-10-2016, 11:37 PM
Watching the crows trying to get a rise out of our feral cat. They were not successful, but I found just watching them seem to work together compelling and beautiful.

Orema
02-11-2016, 06:42 AM
http://www.inn-california.com/sierramountains/images/c6021.jpg

Seeing the mountains as I come home from work each day. There are four paths I can take to come home and each route gives me the same breathtaking view of the mountains in my area. The first time I saw them with the realtor, we were both speechless because we hadn't expected it. Years later, I'm no longer speechless, but I smile on most days when I see them. Lucky me to be surrounded by such beauty.

cinnamongrrl
02-11-2016, 07:07 AM
A peachy pink sunrise through the trees this morning...its the best way to start the day...

Nat
02-13-2016, 01:07 AM
Today it was laughter that was beautiful to me.

Bubala
02-13-2016, 03:16 AM
"I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning to sail my ship..."

Nat
02-14-2016, 11:06 PM
Today I made (belated) valentines most of the day, and that process was beautiful to me. And I started coloring a mermaid page from my oceans coloring book, and that was both beautiful and happy-making. And a friend sent me a truly gorgeous mermaid-y song by a person named Lydia Belle: http://8tracks.com/lydiabelle/of-the-sea

clay
02-15-2016, 08:09 AM
Having such a beautiful love in my life...sharing yet another great Valentine's Day!!!

Nat
02-16-2016, 08:14 PM
Reading the Lord of the Rings

storyspinner70
02-16-2016, 10:38 PM
4Ebjg-m9eLk

Medusa
03-07-2016, 08:59 AM
Seven crows in a tree high above my car all calling down to me like "HEY! HEY! HEY! HEY! HEY!"

I'm sure they'll shit all over my car but I'll consider it an offering on the altar.

Nat
03-08-2016, 11:45 AM
I got up early enough to have a good workout at the gym this morning, and that always makes the rest of the day happier.

We had a beautiful thunderstorm - lots of lightning and thunder.

Friendship 💗💗💗

Medusa
03-15-2016, 10:09 AM
I thought we had a thread somewhere where we could drop little tidbits of writing like song lyrics or poems but Im really lazy.

So this is beautiful to me:

"Lovers don't finally meet somewhere. They're in each other all along"
- Rumi

And to add (even if that lover is *yourself*, cultivate it.)

Nat
03-15-2016, 11:32 AM
Listening to a new playlist :)

A. Spectre
03-22-2016, 07:31 AM
At the grocers the other day, mixed with the cacophonous racket of squeaky shopping carts, screaming kidlets, dropped tins of peas with the "Shit!" accompanying, there was this......

Playing on the speaker system was the song 'Walking on Sunshine by Katrina and the Waves. Didn't realize I was whistling to it until I heard someone else also whistling. Turned around, she and I cut eyes and we both grinned from ear to ear.

A beautiful moment on my beautiful life journey.

Just who could not be uplifted by this song. Either that, or want to beat it with a big stick. (for some)

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61q76gnfozL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

clay
03-22-2016, 07:35 AM
I thought we had a thread somewhere where we could drop little tidbits of writing like song lyrics or poems but Im really lazy.

So this is beautiful to me:

"Lovers don't finally meet somewhere. They're in each other all along"
- Rumi

And to add (even if that lover is *yourself*, cultivate it.)

Is this the one you are thinking of?!...:)

http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1054933#post1054933

Nat
03-27-2016, 08:57 PM
Planting irises in my freshly weeded front flower bed.

Seeing that the young mulberry(?) tree in my yard is full of happy green leaves.

Having a bee buzz less than a foot from my ear as it hopped from flower to flower, and it doing me the courtesy of ignoring me.

Sweeping my pretty wood floors.

Having mom over for ice cream.

Being honest even when it's hard.

Listening to music - Townes, Cohen, Eliza Gilkyson, nanci Griffith, Lyle Lovett, slaid cleaves

Bath by candlelight with spiced orange incense.

Nat
04-03-2016, 06:51 AM
Sleeping in my very own bed surrounded by my very own creature comforts, listening to the familiar birds outside my window, feeling the sleepy stillness in my head.

Nat
04-12-2016, 09:18 AM
Reading , "A Vagabond for Beauty" about the short life of Everett Ruess, who loved nature so much that he forsook the company of people for stretches at a time in favor of the wilderness where he was eventually lost.

My yellow irises are blooming, and the white ones are budding.

My mulberry tree already has little green fruits on it.

One of my grapevines is leading out.

Tonight, weather permitting, I get to plant my little loquat tree and a row of ligustrums to hopefully grow as a hedge.

weatherboi
04-12-2016, 02:02 PM
An osprey with a fish in its' talons.

gotoseagrl
04-14-2016, 08:35 PM
Watching light filter through cloud shadows hovering the land.

Nat
04-18-2016, 07:14 PM
While planting my hedge, with my hands all mud, and the sky shining with sunset colors, a couple of Mormon girls came to talk to me. They seemed really sweet. I asked them questions, they asked me questions, I told them about my spiritual experiences and asked them about their beliefs, basically chatted with them about paganism, mormonism, the stance on gays, told them I liked the idea of getting your own star, but I do love me some iced tea. Eventually they, wide-eyed, said it was time for them to be on their way. I told them to be safe and I was glad they were using the buddy system. Went back to planting the last few ligustrums and watched the sky move through its sunset colors while the cats sniffed and paced around me.

Tuff Stuff
12-12-2017, 10:15 PM
Waking up in our bed was beautiful..and the warm fire burning and hot coffee and breakfast with bacon,eggs,toast..man,life is beautiful.

:wateringgarden:

kittygrrl
12-12-2017, 11:43 PM
cold breeze

Tuff Stuff
12-25-2017, 11:25 AM
Life is beautiful..'cause for one,I woke up to clear skies,cold outside but not a cloud in sight.The sun is a beautiful sight indeed.I woke up.

Second,it seems all my basic needs(food,warm shelter,woman ect)are being met this Christmas,again.. and that is all the presents I need.

Third,this fuckin great hot cup of coffee in my hand.

God gave me this.."ask and it will be given to you;seek and you will find.." beautiful.

introverted1
04-22-2018, 02:18 PM
What did I find beautiful today? Frogs. The frogs are out, and they are singing joyously!

And to think, only a few days ago we had 7 in of snow here. We are finally having the spring that we deserve.

kittygrrl
04-22-2018, 02:37 PM
little budshttp://farm6.static.flickr.com/5258/5531452491_2a53d6e193.jpgon the lilac bush