PDA

View Full Version : Give a shout out to.............

homoe
03-16-2016, 03:32 PM
Any person, place or thing you deem worthy.......

I came across a article in Fortune Mag March 15th issue that stated Robert W Baird, a employee-owned financial service firm in Milwaukee Wis, takes care of its transgender employees with a health insurance policy that will provide up to
$75,000 for gender reassignment surgery, hormone treatments, and therapeutic service!

homoe
03-21-2016, 09:29 PM
To President Obama for nominating a candidate to fill the vacancy on the Supreme Court! He's doing his job at least UNLIKE those other bums in the Senate who refuse to do theirs!

meridiantoo
03-22-2016, 08:56 PM
This older gentleman in my apartment complex who puts his parakeet in a carrying cage and walks him/her every afternoon. He loves his little birdy. So cute.

homoe
03-27-2016, 05:33 PM
To Hormel Foods for adding gay pride holidays to its corporate calendar back in 2012!

Larry Lyons, then senior vice president for human resources, received many angry emails and several employees confronted him in person to complain. This lead to some very difficult conversations that needed to happen and served as a referendum on Hormel's support of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender works!

homoe
04-04-2016, 04:47 AM
To companies Coca Cola, Delta Airlines, and Disney who have been increasingly defending LGBT rights:hangloose:

firegal
04-04-2016, 12:34 PM
To Hormel Foods for adding gay pride holidays to its corporate calendar back in 2012!

Larry Lyons, then senior vice president for human resources, received many angry emails and several employees confronted him in person to complain. This lead to some very difficult conversations that needed to happen and served as a referendum on Hormel's support of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender works!

Brought me back to the time when the "christian firefighters" fought the women firefighters being in the pride parade on talk radio in seattle.It was a battle and i had to get all participation on off duty time.
That was about 15 yrs ago when when i didnt have enough women firefighters volunterring to be in it.. CUZ!... they ALL were going to san fran pride and we had become so popular and were expected to be in it. I got a call from the mayors office saying.....WHY?
I told them ever since it has been with on duty firefighters and the mayor walks with us... It was a battle and it has been over for 10 yrs!

Progress.... glad those days are past!

homoe
04-05-2016, 07:40 PM
To the NFL who actually did something right for a change! They warned the Governor of Georgia that if the "religious liberty" law were to pass, it could cost the state the chance to host a Super Bowl.

homoe
04-10-2016, 03:41 PM
Bruce Springsteen who cancelled his show at the Greensboro Coliseums in show of his support for those protesting House Bill 2 law recently passed in North Carolina! It's an expected loss of $100,000 for the coliseum.

homoe
04-10-2016, 03:46 PM
PayPal for announcing that it would no longer open a facility in Charlotte due to the passing of House Bill 2 in North Carolina.
PayPal’s facility estimated at a price of $3.6 million would have pumped millions into the local economy by next year and employed 400 people.

homoe
04-10-2016, 04:44 PM
To whoever it was that leaked 11.5 million documents that is now being referred to now as the "Panama Papers"
These documents name those taking advantage of off shore tax havens (among other things)! It's rumored to show at least 72 current of former heads of state, as well as numerous wealthy actors and sports figures.

homoe
04-10-2016, 05:16 PM
To Spencer Collier a disgruntled fired top law enforcement official in Alabama for spilling the beans on Governor Bentley's cringe-worthy sex scandal with his married aide.

Normally I don't give a rip about who does what with whom BUT when someone presents themselves as a religious conservative, has an "holier than tho" attitude, and comes off as so pious that butter wouldn't melt in their mouth it tickles me a bit when they get caught with their hand in the provable "cookie jar"!

homoe
04-12-2016, 04:01 PM
Charles Barkleyfor not only showing his support for the GLBT community but also for using his voice as a former NBA star to call for the relocation of the 2017 All-Star game from Charlotte North Carolina.

homoe
04-12-2016, 04:09 PM
The Suits at Lionsgate Films planned to shoot the pilot for an upcoming TV series, “Crushed,” in Charlotte, but studio executives cited the law ( House Bill 2)in their decision to relocate the production to Canada.

Hitting these states who pass legislation that discriminates against the LGBT community in their pocketbooks will hopefully serve as a wake-up call to others considering it!

homoe
04-12-2016, 04:16 PM
Bryan Adams for cancelling his scheduled concert at the Mississippi Coast Coliseum in Biloxi Mississippi!

homoe
04-12-2016, 06:45 PM
To GE, Dow Chemical, PepsiCo, Hewlett Packard, Hyatt, Choice Hotels, Levi Strauss, and Whole Foods who are expressing outrage over passage of House Bill 2 in Mississippi!

homoe
04-15-2016, 01:31 AM
Ringo Starr for cancelling his concert in North Carolina:hangloose:

homoe
04-15-2016, 08:47 AM
Cindi Lauper while she isn't cancelling her show she is joining in the fight to help repeal HB2! She recently released the following statement

"I will be donating all of the profits from the show to Equality North Carolina's efforts to repeal HB2 and I am proud of my manager and agent for joining me in this effort by donating their commissions from the show to this vital effort," she said. "I look forward to coming to North Carolina and standing up for equality and fairness. If we truly want an inclusive society, we all have to include ourselves in the effort to make that happen. This is the best way I know how to include myself and urge you to join me in the best way you know how."

Kätzchen
04-15-2016, 10:53 AM
Not that I know anyone of them or that they would even know me, but I'm giving an huge shout out to more than 47K+ people who showed support for Senator Sanders in NYC.

homoe
04-23-2016, 06:56 AM
Adam Silver! He was late to the party but finally NBA Commissioner Adam Silver said Thursday that if North Carolina’s LGBT law remains unchanged, the 2017 All-Star Game would have to be moved from Charlotte:hangloose:

homoe
04-23-2016, 07:16 AM
American Airlines, airport officials from Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, and O'hare Airport officials for finally acknowledging TSA debacles!

American Airlines claims nearly 6,800 American passengers missed flights because of checkpoint delays during spring of this year! If it was this bad in Spring, I hate to imagine what summer, the peak travel season, is going to be like!

homoe
05-08-2016, 06:33 AM
U.S. Justice Department for giving North Carolina a deadline to repeal the state’s contentious new bathroom law House Bill 2, which restricts transgender bathroom access.

Seeing that North Carolina has stated it will defy this deadline,let's hope the Justice Department follows through and starts initiating action to limit the distribution of federal funds to the state.

Last year alone, the Department of Education gave North Carolina $4.3 billion for public kindergartens, schools, and colleges. Hitting these states that are hell bend on defying laws in the pocketbook, is the best way to grab their attention!

homoe
05-11-2016, 04:30 AM
The Justice Department for following thru and counter suing !

The following is just a bit from the new conference by Loretta Lynch if you'd like to read it all, I took it from the Washington Post

"Today, we are filing a federal civil rights lawsuit against the state of North Carolina, Gov. Pat McCrory, the North Carolina Department of Public Safety and the University of North Carolina. We are seeking a court order declaring House Bill 2’s restroom restriction impermissibly discriminatory, as well as a statewide bar on its enforcement. While the lawsuit currently seeks declaratory relief, I want to note that we retain the option of curtailing federal funding to the North Carolina Department of Public Safety and the University of North Carolina as this case proceeds".

homoe
05-12-2016, 12:59 AM
Target

On April 19, the Target retail corporation released a statement telling shoppers and employees that “inclusivity is a core belief” and insisting the chain welcomes “transgender team members and guests to use the restroom or fitting room facility that corresponds with their gender identity.”

Recently Target once again said they stand by their core belief even though a #BoycottTarget petition reached over 550,000 signers in less than a week, and thousands are now calling for the boycotting of Target stores.

Kätzchen
06-03-2016, 11:23 AM
1) Senator Martha Fuller- for representing voters who cast their votes for Senator Sanders. And too, 2) former US Labor Secretary Robert Reich, for taking a stand in support of Senator Bernie Sanders by illustrating why it's important to give one's political support to an presidential candidate (Senator Sanders).

Hooray for both of them, and millions of people across the country and world wide, who support Senator Sanders! :bouquet:

homoe
06-30-2016, 06:57 AM
Elizabeth Warren, a HUGE shout out to you for getting under Donald Trump's skin!

homoe
07-23-2016, 12:20 PM
C-SPAN for the great coverage of the Republicans National Convention!

Unlike the other channels, C-SPAN covered the convention, which I turned in to see and hear NOT a group of pundits pontificating on and on about what they thought we should see and hear! C-SPAN offered complete coverage of events happening on the floor, before and between speeches, the speeches themselves, and events taking place after the speeches, and all without commentary! Even PBS, which I normally love, had a round table interjecting their comments and critiques instead of showing coverage of the complete evenings events!

I also found it extremely annoying when the volumes of some of the guest speakers were faded to background noise while the pundit’s voices were in full tilt! Granted yes, some of the speakers were less than stellar BUT I turned in to hear them NOT pundit expounding and droning on and on! The constant yammering of these self absorbed “news broadcasters” and, I use the term lightly here, gave the impression they were more worthy of viewers attention than what was happening on the stage and floor of the convention!

homoe
07-23-2016, 12:27 PM
The NBA for making good on their threat to move the All-Star game out of Charlotte NC!

homoe
07-23-2016, 03:05 PM
Sen Jeff Jackson who told ESPN that the NBA moving the All-Star Game from Charlotte is a “100 million hit to the city of Charlotte and the state. A lot of that money would go to schools, health care and roads. We’ve sacrificed all of that for Gov. [Pat] McCrory’s social agenda. He would rather pander to his base than fix an obvious mistake that has major consequences.”

homoe
07-23-2016, 08:21 PM
To all of you's that posted in the threads today:hangloose: With chat down, it was a wonderful way to pass the day!

homoe
07-24-2016, 11:09 PM
With news of Donna Brazile stepping in as interim chair for the Democratic National Committee, CNN and Brazile have mutually agreed to temporarily suspend her contract as a contributor for the network effective immediately.

CNN could of held her to her contract no doubt, but they didn't so I think they deserve a shout out and kudos!

homoe
02-13-2017, 10:21 PM
Congressman Jim Sensenbrenner held 12 town hall meetings throughout Wisconsin’s Fifth Congressional District over the past four days Feb 9-12 meeting with constituents with views spanning the ideological spectrum.

In the clips I caught, he did seem rather uncomfortable but at least he showed up and faced the music unlike so many others!

homoe
02-23-2017, 12:58 AM
To all the folks who previously had grown compliance with their Senators and Representatives BUT are NOW calling, writing, and showing up in droves to voice their displeasure!

A even bigger shout to them when they chant "You Work For Us" "You Work For Us" "You Work For Us"

Orema
03-11-2017, 01:50 PM
US Attorney Preet Bharara for forcing President Trump to fire him after the POTUS reneged on an agreement.

Preet Bharara Is Fired After Refusing to Step Down as U.S. Attorney (https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/11/us/politics/preet-bharara-us-attorney.html?_r=0)

Preet Bharara, the Manhattan federal prosecutor who was asked by President Trump to remain in his post shortly after the election, was fired on Saturday after he refused an order to submit his resignation.

Mr. Bharara’s dismissal capped an extraordinary showdown in which a political appointee who was named by Mr. Trump’s predecessor, President Barack Obama, declined an order to submit a resignation.

“I did not resign. Moments ago I was fired. Being the US Attorney in SDNY will forever be the greatest honor of my professional life,” Mr. Bharara wrote on his personal Twitter feed, which he set up in the last two weeks.

Mr. Bharara was among 46 holdover Obama appointees who were called by the acting deputy attorney general on Friday and told to immediately submit resignations and plan to clear out of their offices. But Mr. Bharara, who was called to Trump Tower for a meeting with the incoming president in late November 2016, declined to do so.

Mr. Bharara said he was asked by Mr. Trump to remain in his current post at the meeting. Mr. Bharara met with Mr. Trump at Trump Tower, and then addressed reporters afterward.

Before the firing, one of New York’s top elected Republicans voiced support for Mr. Bharara on Saturday.
First Draft

“Good for Preet, he is doing the job he was appointed to do!” Assemblyman Brian M. Kolb, the State Assembly minority leader, wrote on Twitter.

Assemblyman Steven F. McLaughlin, a Republican who was fond of calling for draining the swamp in Albany long before Mr. Trump embraced that expression, had urged Mr. Trump and Attorney General Jeff Sessions to reconsider on Friday.

“Big mistake,” he wrote on Twitter.

The Southern District of New York, which Mr. Bharara has overseen since 2009, encompasses Manhattan, Mr. Trump’s home before he was elected president, as well as the Bronx, Westchester, and other counties north of New York City.

Mr. Trump last weekend accused former President Barack Obama of wiretapping Trump Tower in Manhattan, an allegation he has yet to back up.

But federal investigators have been examining whether there was a connection between Russian officials and the Trump campaign. Intelligence officials believe that the hacking of emails belonging to the Democratic National Committee and campaign officials for Hillary Clinton was orchestrated by the Kremlin.

homoe
03-27-2017, 06:36 AM
To whatever suit or suits at CBS for having the good sense to hire Jane Pauley!

I am sick and tired of seeing young and perky hosts and co-hosts of morning new programs!

homoe
04-05-2017, 01:15 PM
To the many advertisers who have yanked their ads from The O'Reilly Factor :hangloose:

homoe
04-10-2017, 06:13 PM
To Spencer Collier a disgruntled fired top law enforcement official in Alabama for spilling the beans on Governor Bentley's cringe-worthy sex scandal with his married aide.

Normally I don't give a rip about who does what with whom BUT when someone presents themselves as a religious conservative, has an "holier than tho" attitude, and comes off as so pious that butter wouldn't melt in their mouth it tickles me a bit when they get caught with their hand in the provable "cookie jar"!

UPDATE:Gov. Robert Bentley resigned Monday 4/10/2017 rather than face impeachment and pleaded guilty to two misdemeanor campaign violations that arose during an investigation of his alleged affair with a top aide.
In a remarkable fall, the mild-mannered 74-year-old Republican and one-time Baptist deacon stepped down as the sex-tinged scandal gathered force over the past few days.

A plea agreement specified that Bentley must surrender campaign funds totaling nearly $37,000 within a week and perform 100 hours of community service as a physician. The dermatologist also cannot seek public office again.

Kätzchen
04-11-2017, 11:58 AM
C-SPAN for the great coverage of the Republicans National Convention!

Unlike the other channels, C-SPAN covered the convention, which I turned in to see and hear NOT a group of pundits pontificating on and on about what they thought we should see and hear! C-SPAN offered complete coverage of events happening on the floor, before and between speeches, the speeches themselves, and events taking place after the speeches, and all without commentary! Even PBS, which I normally love, had a round table interjecting their comments and critiques instead of showing coverage of the complete evenings events!

I also found it extremely annoying when the volumes of some of the guest speakers were faded to background noise while the pundit’s voices were in full tilt! Granted yes, some of the speakers were less than stellar BUT I turned in to hear them NOT pundit expounding and droning on and on! The constant yammering of these self absorbed “news broadcasters” and, I use the term lightly here, gave the impression they were more worthy of viewers attention than what was happening on the stage and floor of the convention!

That's the thing I like about C-SPAN.... I saw part of this coverage last summer, and I watched Senator Sanders too. If I'm not mistaken, certain senate hearings were covered too.

I guess what I like about that particular news channel is that content is sans commentary. I don't mind hearing commentary during tennis, golf or football games on TV, but I really don't care for political commentary during really important political news events. If I want commentary, I'll listen to PBS news hour commentary shows or Meet The Press types of news shows.

And I agree with your pov about Jane Pauly. If memory serves me correctly, Pauly covers news in the same vein of style similar to Barbara Walters. I miss how news was covered by Walter Cronkite, though. (And that's the way it is....).

Kätzchen
04-13-2017, 07:56 PM
I just want to give a huge shout out to Sen. Jeff Merkley-D, for putting in an valiant effort to stop the nomination of the person nominated as an Supreme Court Justice (Neil Gorsuch). Merkley gave a speech on the Senate floor that lasted over 15 hours. That is massive dedication, if you ask me. I read about it today in the weekly edition of Willamette Weekly, the April 12th, 2017 edition. The following is excepted news coverage about Merkley's speech on page 7:

Hour 1:
" The majority team in this chamber decided to steal a Supreme Court seat."

Hour 2:
"This is a crime against our Constitution, and the responsibities of this body."

Hour 3:
"If President T***p worked to conspire with the Russians or his team conspired with the Russians at his direction or knowledge, that is traitorous conduct. And we shouldn't be considering on this floor a nominee under that set of circumstances."

Hour 4:
"The he Koch brothers are in charge. They paid for third-party ads that put your election in the victory column."

Hour 5:
"Just pause for a moment and ask yourself, would you feel comfortable if the parties were reversed, if this were a Democratic Party stealing a Supreme Court seat from an Republican president? Would you? I ask, would you?"

Hour 6:
"The constitution didn't say money is speech. Citizens United is the opposite. It says that those who sit on the board of bazzillion-dollar corporations get a voice a bazzillion times larger than the ordinary citizen. It is damaging our nation."

Hour 7:
"We should not go back in time to a world in which the copper Barron's ruled Montana, nor back to a time when railroads and the oil companies called all the shots."

Hour 8:
"You know, the more I read his opinions, the more I think Neil Gorsuch should run for office. He wants to change the law in case after case after case."

Hour 9:
"There is a researcher from Oregon State University, Professor Dixon, who has made studying coral reef's his life's work. He said, "These reef's ate my babies, and my babies are dying"."

Hour 10:
"The very survival of the court as an independent body will be at stake --is at stake right now. That's why I'm here on the floor at 4:20 in the morning. Because so much is at stake in terms of the legitimacy of the court."

(Hours 11-15 omitted for sake of brevity)

Hour 16:
"Finally, this is an extreme nominee from the far right who doesn't believe in the fundamental vision of 'We The People' and makes decision after decision through tortured, twisted, contrived arguments for the powerful over the people, and that is unacceptable. "

Merkley put up a hell of a good fight.
I wish we had more fighters like him around.

Kätzchen
05-02-2017, 08:43 PM
I'm giving a shout out to..... Jimmie Kimmel, who recently devoted a portion of his TV show to make a political statement in support of Healthcare coverage accessibility and affordability for every single person. He and his wife just gave birth to their baby boy Billie, born with a heart condition that he can die from. I was born with a heart condition which didn't manifest itself until the age of 9; but there was no such thing as a cardiologist back when I was 9 years old. Even today, cardiology doctors still don't really know all the outcomes of my particular genetic heart issues, but I know how hard it is to get health care with my condition. Even my employer sponsored health insurance won't cover my condition because it's considered "pre-existing"....essentially making it impossible to have consistent care and definitely an astronomical expense I have never been able to bear on my own.

Sooooo, anyway, huge thanks to Jimmie Kimmel and his thoughtful humanity. Way to go!

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/02/entertainment/jimmy-kimmel-baby-surgery/index.html?sr=fbCNN050217jimmy-kimmel-son-heart-disease-health-care-ekr-orig-vstan.cnn0315PMVODtopLink&linkId=37102179

~ocean
05-02-2017, 08:54 PM
shout out to the Boston Celtics in overtime WHOOT WHOOT

Orema
06-02-2017, 09:37 AM
http://www.mayoradler.com/letter-wonder-woman/

On May 26, 2017, the Mayor (Steve Adler) received this email:

I hope every man will boycott Austin and do what he can to diminish Austin and to cause damage to the city’s image. The theater that pandered to the sexism typical of women will, I hope, regret it’s decision. The notion of a woman hero is a fine example of women’s eagerness to accept the appearance of achievement without actual achievement. Women learn from an early age to value make-up, that it’s OK to pretend that you are greater than you actually are. Women pretend they do not know that only men serve in combat because they are content to have an easier ride. Women gladly accept gold medals at the Olympics for coming in 10th and competing only against the second class of athletes. Name something invented by a woman! Achievements by the second rate gender pale in comparison to virtually everything great in human history was accomplished by men, not women. If Austin does not host a men only counter event, I will never visit Austin and will welcome it’s deteriorati on. And I will not forget that Austin is best known for Charles Whitman. Does Austin stand for gender equality or for kissing up to women? Don’t bother to respond. I already know the answer. I do not hate women. I hate their rampant hypocrisy and the hypocrisy of the “women’s movement.” Women do not want gender equality; they want more for women. Don’t bother to respond because I am sure your cowardice will generate nothing worth reading.

Richard A. Ameduri

And here is the Mayor's reply:

Dear Mr. Ameduri,

I am writing to alert you that your email account has been hacked by an unfortunate and unusually hostile individual. Please remedy your account’s security right away, lest this person’s uninformed and sexist rantings give you a bad name. After all, we men have to look out for each other!

Can you imagine if someone thought that you didn’t know women could serve in our combat units now without exclusion? What if someone thought you didn’t know that women invented medical syringes, life rafts, fire escapes, central and solar heating, a war-time communications system for radio-controlling torpedoes that laid the technological foundations for everything from Wi-Fi to GPS, and beer? And I hesitate to imagine how embarrassed you’d be if someone thought you were upset that a private business was realizing a business opportunity by reserving one screening this weekend for women to see a superhero movie.

You and I are serious men of substance with little time for the delicate sensitivities displayed by the pitiful creature who maligned your good name and sterling character by writing that abysmal email. I trust the news that your email account has been hacked does not cause you undue alarm and wish you well in securing your account. And in the future, should your travels take you to Austin, please know that everyone is welcome here, even people like those who wrote that email whose views are an embarrassment to modernity, decency, and common sense.

Yours sincerely,

Steve Adler

*Anya*
06-02-2017, 09:48 AM
The mayor's response was so awesome. It made me a little teary.

I really wanted to see Wonder Woman with my youngest daughter and granddaughter and have a girls day but my daughter (politely) persisted in wanting to bring her boyfriend.

I could have made an issue but :canoworms: I did not.

It would have been a blast to see an all-girls showing.

How often do females get to see a female Super Hero?

Not.

We all are going on Sunday.

http://www.mayoradler.com/letter-wonder-woman/

On May 26, 2017, the Mayor (Steve Adler) received this email:

I hope every man will boycott Austin and do what he can to diminish Austin and to cause damage to the city’s image. The theater that pandered to the sexism typical of women will, I hope, regret it’s decision. The notion of a woman hero is a fine example of women’s eagerness to accept the appearance of achievement without actual achievement. Women learn from an early age to value make-up, that it’s OK to pretend that you are greater than you actually are. Women pretend they do not know that only men serve in combat because they are content to have an easier ride. Women gladly accept gold medals at the Olympics for coming in 10th and competing only against the second class of athletes. Name something invented by a woman! Achievements by the second rate gender pale in comparison to virtually everything great in human history was accomplished by men, not women. If Austin does not host a men only counter event, I will never visit Austin and will welcome it’s deteriorati on. And I will not forget that Austin is best known for Charles Whitman. Does Austin stand for gender equality or for kissing up to women? Don’t bother to respond. I already know the answer. I do not hate women. I hate their rampant hypocrisy and the hypocrisy of the “women’s movement.” Women do not want gender equality; they want more for women. Don’t bother to respond because I am sure your cowardice will generate nothing worth reading.

Richard A. Ameduri

And here is the Mayor's reply:

Dear Mr. Ameduri,

I am writing to alert you that your email account has been hacked by an unfortunate and unusually hostile individual. Please remedy your account’s security right away, lest this person’s uninformed and sexist rantings give you a bad name. After all, we men have to look out for each other!

Can you imagine if someone thought that you didn’t know women could serve in our combat units now without exclusion? What if someone thought you didn’t know that women invented medical syringes, life rafts, fire escapes, central and solar heating, a war-time communications system for radio-controlling torpedoes that laid the technological foundations for everything from Wi-Fi to GPS, and beer? And I hesitate to imagine how embarrassed you’d be if someone thought you were upset that a private business was realizing a business opportunity by reserving one screening this weekend for women to see a superhero movie.

You and I are serious men of substance with little time for the delicate sensitivities displayed by the pitiful creature who maligned your good name and sterling character by writing that abysmal email. I trust the news that your email account has been hacked does not cause you undue alarm and wish you well in securing your account. And in the future, should your travels take you to Austin, please know that everyone is welcome here, even people like those who wrote that email whose views are an embarrassment to modernity, decency, and common sense.

Yours sincerely,

Steve Adler

homoe
06-02-2017, 10:06 AM
Elizabeth Warren announced on Wednesday the launch of 'DeVos Watch,' a new initiative tasked with holding Education Secretary Betsy DeVos accountable and ensuring that the Department of Education serves students, "not the industries that make money off them." Warren argued that DeVos was actively trying to undermine efforts to protect students.

Two of Secretary DeVos' first hires at the Department were Robert Eitel and Taylor Hansen,who were lobbyists on behalf of the for-profit college industry and have represented clients that have paid millions for defrauding students by abusing the student aid program and preying on students.

homoe
07-14-2017, 06:54 PM
To the female contestant by the name of Nura on Wheel of Fortune! What a class act:hangloose:

homoe
07-19-2017, 12:08 PM
To the 4 Republicans Senators who threw a monkey wrench into the health care plan proposed by Trump!

homoe
07-26-2017, 11:54 AM
To a school teacher who's name I believe is Tersa Dank. She made a sign, headed to a busy intersection, and began to panhandle money for school supplies for her students! This lead to a "go fund me" page that has raised thousands already!

Now that's what I call "thinking out the box"!

Kätzchen
10-01-2017, 03:35 PM
I'd like to give a shout out to that young man in the Texan football club who donated his first NFL paycheck to people who lost their homes and cars to the hurricane that devastated Texas. That was a very tenderhearted thing for that young man to do and I think it was incredibly generous to help people who he didn't even know at all. What a brave young man! :rrose: :rrose: :rrose:

homoe
10-01-2017, 03:39 PM
To the female contestant by the name of Nura on Wheel of Fortune! What a class act:hangloose:

This woman was WAY AHEAD and had oblivious won the game, so she threw the next two rounds and gave the other two contestants chances to win some cash as well! This was on Wheel of Fortune btw!

Kätzchen
10-08-2017, 09:02 PM
I came across an great article about an Canadian barber who ended up laying on the floor beside an autistic child, so the child could get an haircut!

Franz Jacob, an barber in Quebec, Canada was featured by the online media outlet, The Good News Network, this past week.

What a great story!

https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/barber-lies-on-floor-to-cut-hair-of-6-year-old-boy-with-autism/

Kätzchen
10-12-2017, 04:58 PM
Can we give am shout out to 65 year old Earl Melchert, of Minnesota????

Earl Melchert saved the life of an.kidnapped young girl, who managed to run away from her three captors, by swimming across the lake to safety....the safety of the home of Earl Melchert, who got police to come out right away!

Police presented him with the reward money of $7,000, but instead, took the kidnapped girl.and her parents out to dinner and gave the reward money to the girl and her parents.

That's what I call, Doing The Right Thing!

LINK TO ARTICLE:

http://theweek.com/speedreads/730422/man-helps-save-kidnapped-girl-gives-reward-money

homoe
11-21-2017, 01:19 PM
CBS News for firing Charlie Rose and PBS for doing the same!

homoe
12-18-2017, 12:10 PM
To all the The Silence Breakers that have come forward!

homoe
12-18-2017, 12:13 PM
Rose McGowan is not a fan of the news that many major actresses are planning on wearing black to the Golden Globes as a symbol of protest against harassment in Hollywood.On Saturday, McGowan, 44, spoke out against the “silent protest” and women who were supposedly taking part who had worked with disgraced producer Harvey Weinstein in the past — calling out Meryl Streep in particular.

“Actresses, like Meryl Streep, who happily worked for The Pig Monster, are wearing black @GoldenGlobes in a silent protest,” she wrote on Twitter, referring to Weinstein. “YOUR SILENCE is THE problem,” McGowan continued. “You’ll accept a fake award breathlessly & affect no real change. I despise your hypocrisy. Maybe you should all wear Marchesa,” she added, referencing Weinstein’s estranged wife Georgina Chapman’s fashion line.

homoe
03-08-2018, 11:17 PM
For calling out Education Secretary Betsy DeVos ...

Students weren’t pleased with Betsy DeVos' visit to the school on Wednesday.

They told HuffPost that DeVos met with few students and gave “BS answers” to their questions about what she plans to do to address gun violence.

Anna Fusco, Broward Teachers Union president, who was present during DeVos’ visit, confirmed the students’ accounts, telling HuffPost that “they didn’t see the purpose of her being there” and that DeVos “was very vague in her answers” to students’ questions about what she plans to do on gun violence.

cathexis
03-09-2018, 12:03 AM
Missed most of the story on World News with Lester Holt, but during a story
on a labor protest at a factory in the US, a split second reference was made
that a group named, "the International Socialist Party" was an organizer of the
event.

If anyone else heard that reference and most importantly knows the organization, would be very interested in your information.

Have studied the US New Left extensively, and have not
heard of an organization with that name. By analysis of the name, it appears
that the group may be a Fourth International or Trotskyist organization.
The last Fourth Int'l group ostensibly ceased existence in the 1990s.

homoe
03-24-2018, 05:53 PM
I had originally tuned in to MSNBC hoping Rachel might be covering it.

I have no use for Brian Williams! His endless yapping and throwing it back and forth to some roving reporter in the crowd, asking the dumbest questions, drove me nuts . Then instead of covering the event as it unfolded, they choose to select what THEY thought was important to show. Between speakers, there were some very interesting clips of various information shown on the two huge monitors on each side of the stage, but UNLESS you were watching C-Span you never got to see them! INSTEAD you got to hear Williams endless yammering commentary! CNN wasn't much better either!

I guess these idiots and egomaniacs thought I was tuning in to hear them, not the articulate, intelligent, brave, and courageous student speakers!

homoe
03-31-2018, 08:03 PM
To all the advertisers that dropped Fox’s Laura Ingraham's show sponsorship over her idiot, stupid, and insensitive tweet regarding a Parkland survivor victim.

homoe
06-28-2018, 07:15 PM
Democratic Rep. Maxine Waters (Calif.) over the weekend urged folks to publicly confront Trump officials over their policies.

She did NOT say anything about violence or calling for violence!!!!

IMHO being civil and 3 bucks buys you a cup of coffee these days!

homoe
07-26-2018, 04:40 PM
To BBC host Emily Maitlis for grilling former White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer (mouthpiece for President Trump) including the infamous lie about his boss’ inauguration crowd size and all the other whoopers he told!

homoe
07-26-2018, 04:47 PM
It was reported and also shown in a video tape sent to Think Progress reporter Aaron Ruparthat a heckler hollered out the following..........

“It’s a garbage book and you’re a garbage person,” the heckler shouted at the end of the video. “You lied as press secretary. Now you’re lying in your book.”

homoe
07-28-2018, 08:36 AM
For his journalist expose in The New Yorker magazine on allegations against Les Moonves.

homoe
03-13-2019, 06:18 PM
in regards to a possible Trump impeachment......

"He's Just Not Worth It"

He's such an idiot he thought it was a compliment....:|

cathexis
03-14-2019, 03:43 AM
Most of the Senate has had their fill of McConnell. He's now beating Cruz in the unpopularity contest. Hope he decides to exit stage right like his House buddy, Ryan.

Wouldn't think I give a hurrah to this Senate, but Ohhhoooowww!

homoe
06-16-2019, 08:03 PM
https://i.pinimg.com/236x/a8/30/a6/a830a6c0a20d14c184a8235fa435c142.jpg

homoe
07-05-2019, 08:45 PM
It was reported and also shown in a video tape sent to Think Progress reporter Aaron Ruparthat a heckler hollered out the following..........

“It’s a garbage book and you’re a garbage person,” the heckler shouted at the end of the video. “You lied as press secretary. Now you’re lying in your book.”

No doubt the same will occur when Sarah Sanders Huckabee writes her book.......:hangloose:

Orema
10-13-2019, 05:36 AM
California Governor Signs Measure Banning 'Lunch Shaming'
By The Associated Press
Oct. 12, 2019

SACRAMENTO, Calif. — California's governor has signed into law a bill that guarantees all students a state-funded meal of their choice, even if their parent or guardian has unpaid meal fees.

The measure bans the practice of "lunch shaming," in which students who owe the school money for meals are denied food or given a cheaper alternative meal.

Under the new law, a school can no longer give a student a cheaper alternative meal.

In a statement Saturday, Gov. Gavin Newsom thanked Ryan Kyote, a third-grader at an elementary school in Napa County who brought national attention to the practice earlier this year by paying for all the food service bills of his fellow students at the school.

"I want to thank Ryan for his empathy and his courage in bringing awareness to this important issue," Newsom said.

https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2019/10/12/us/ap-us-california-new-laws-lunch-shaming.html?searchResultPosition=2

cathexis
10-14-2019, 12:26 AM
Cream Drummer Ginger Baker, John Bonham... Godspeed the 2/3 best percussionists. Must be a hell of a band in the sky. Musicians named in Marvyn Gaye's "Nightmoves," Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Jimi Hendrix, Ella Fitzgerald, Sophie Tucker, Lewie Anderson, among the others loved and Lost.

homoe
11-13-2019, 03:38 PM
~~
C-SPAN for great coverage of the hearings!

No pundits talking over or over analyzing the event..:hangloose:

homoe
12-21-2019, 05:54 AM
``
For deciding to break her silence after two long years of suffering ridicule and abuse at the hands of that idiot in the White House!

Orema
08-15-2020, 10:30 AM
A shout out to S.V. Dáte, Senior White House Correspondent, Huggington Post for asking President Trump if he regrets "all the lying ... all the dishonesty" he's done over the last three years.

viX3vJ9oGjI

Of course, Trump ignored him and no one offered a follow-up question. Still, it's something.

homoe
08-15-2020, 03:15 PM
~~~

....:goodpost:......

Orema
09-10-2020, 07:42 PM
HLt8bRXua8Q

I love when he’s called a liar to his face.

homoe
09-19-2020, 05:30 AM
Shortly before the announcement that Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg had died Friday, Sen. Lisa Murkowski said in an interview that if she was presented with a vacancy on the court, she would not vote to confirm a nominee before the election.

“I would not vote to confirm a Supreme Court nominee. We are 50 some days away from an election,” she said. Murkowski said her reasoning is based on the same reasoning that held up the confirmation of former President Barack Obama’s final nominee to the Supreme Court.

She also noted that months prior to the 2016 presidential election, while Obama was still president, Senate President Mitch McConnell said Americans needed to pick the next president before the Senate confirmed a new justice to the Supreme Court. “That was too close to an election, and that the people needed to decide,” Murkowski said, recalling McConnell’s argument at the time. “That the closer you get to an election, that argument becomes even more important.”

A shout out to you Senator Murkowski for being one of the very few to call out Mitch McConnell on his hypocritical BS!

Orema
11-15-2020, 10:14 AM
Shoutout to Showtime for its 4-part documentary: The Reagans (https://www.sho.com/the-reagans) that starts tonight.

Based on reviews I think some will say it's revisionist history and others will say it's the flip side of the same coin. Framed however, it's the truth about the Reagan years that's ignored by many.

I'm kind of glad I don't have Showtime. I'd be tempted to watch it and it would only add to my angst, but I'm glad Showtime is showing the connection from Reagan to Trump.

homoe
11-21-2020, 05:27 PM
A bipartisan group of Georgia teens is trying to flip the Senate by enlisting thousands of students to vote in the January runoffs!

A bipartisan group of Georgia teens, StudentsFor2020, wants to help flip the Senate by enlisting thousands of students to vote in the January runoffs.

About 23,000 Georgia teens who were not eligible to vote in the general election on November 3 will turn 18 and become eligible in time to participate in the runoff elections on January 5, according to The Civics Center.

StudentsFor2020, which estimates they helped 65,000 students register for the general election, is mobilizing hundreds of volunteers in high schools across the state to register new voters, and to try to sway existing moderate voters.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/bipartisan-group-georgia-teens-trying-153200649.html

homoe
12-20-2020, 07:14 PM
~~
What a sad sorry lot of jerks who have approved generous tax cuts previously for the wealthy, but could only see fit now to agreeing to checks of $600.00 for stimulus relief help to individuals !

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Sen. Chuck Schumer and Rep. Kevin McCarthy give yourselves a big pat on the back for thinking of us "little people"!

As you enjoy your paid holiday break with wonderful meals and drink, know how much we're looking for the crumbs coming our way!

VintageFemme
12-21-2020, 10:05 AM
...all the short girls! ツ

Happy National Short Girl Appreciation day! And, thanks to all the butches who have gotten that thing off the top shelf for me!

https://i.imgflip.com/2pj2ty.jpg

homoe
12-21-2020, 11:48 PM
~~
What a sad sorry lot of jerks who have approved generous tax cuts previously for the wealthy, but could only see fit now to agreeing to checks of $600.00 for stimulus relief help to individuals !

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Sen. Chuck Schumer and Rep. Kevin McCarthy give yourselves a big pat on the back for thinking of us "little people"!

As you enjoy your paid holiday break with wonderful meals and drink, know how much we're looking for the crumbs coming our way!

Nancy a special wish that Santa brings you lots of that expensive ice cream you love so dearly, but if not I'm sure you can afford to buy it yourself with all the money you and your husband have personally benefited from regarding tax breaks for the rich....

homoe
12-23-2020, 09:23 PM
chPy9OXpPMk