PDA

View Full Version : Ice Cream: Bowl, Cup, Carton, OR?

AtLast
02-02-2010, 09:33 PM
I tend to have ice cream in cups. And it is one thing I should not keep huge amounts of around! :bucktooth:

Abigail Crabby
02-02-2010, 09:58 PM
I love ice cream in my coffee cup -

I think it's cuz I can grab the handle and dig in and not freeze my widdle fingers lol

Blade
02-02-2010, 10:07 PM
If I eat it at home I use a coffee cup. If I eat it out somewhere a bowl. I don't normally have it at home because that is one thing I will eat ALL of in a day or two. I love mint choco chip and there are a lot of Breyers and Edy's new flavors I love so I just don't even buy it, except once in a while. Think the last I bought was a bogo and it was back in the summer. Oh yeah ice cream is my most guilty pleasure

Gemme
02-03-2010, 02:25 AM
I eat ice cream out of a bowl, usually, but have...on occasion...eaten it out of the following:

cone, large waffle cone preferred but a little sugar cone in a pinch

paper cup from the ice cream shop

cup or mug at home with a dollop of something else equally yummy, like cocoa or strawberries

tall glass in the form of a homemade milkshake or root beer float

carton, when it's close to being finished and what's the point of dirtying up a perfectly good bowl when it's almost gone, right?

saucer when everything else is dirty and the dishwasher is running :blink:

Andrew, Jr.
02-03-2010, 02:57 AM
I love ice cream, but no longer eat it. My most favorite flavor was mint chocolate chip by far. I also loved the sandwiches, klondikes, and fruit bars.

Lynn
02-03-2010, 05:56 AM
I have these perfect little ceramic bowls that I bought at the Ben and Jerry's factory in Vermont. They have a cow print pattern on the outside, and each one has a different color glaze on the inside. Just right for a couple of scoops. I don't each much ice cream, but I do prefer mint chocolate chip, too!

labete
02-03-2010, 09:29 AM
How non-creative am I that it never occurred to me to eat ice cream out of a cup unless I was putting it in my coffee? I eat it out of a bowl or sugar cone or both. I have two ice creams in my freezer right now (double fudge brownie and espresso chip), and usually my problem is that I forget that it's there until the kids have eaten it all -- or left me half a scoop in the bottom of the carton.

TIMBERWOLF
02-03-2010, 09:48 AM
Yes Ice Cream is my weakness, not to mention Jello cooked Chocolate pudding. My favorite is Chocolate Almond or Chocolate Chip. When I ate ice cream a long time ago i would just sit down and eat out of the carton till i felt i had enough. We don't buy a lot of ice cream any more. Infact I think WT just bought me some last night from Ben & Jerrys and before that its been awhile since i bought ice cream
Even when i use to buy the no sugar added , my dietitian said that looking at the package i brought , I could still eat ice cream just in smaller portions. It's EVIL I tell you , just plain EVIL.....but Oh how good.
TIMBER

PinkieLee
02-03-2010, 10:21 AM
Yummy... ice cream is my weakness! Honestly, I don't think that there is an ice cream that I've had that I haven't liked :) Rocky Road, hands down is my favorite!

When I'm at home, I eat it out of a coffee mug. It's great to keep your hands from getting, and it's a great way to watch your portion size.

Great... now I want ice cream. You are all the devil I tell you ;)

Liam
02-03-2010, 10:53 AM
The only time I eat out of the carton is when it is Ben & Jerry size, and I am the only person eating it.

TROOPER
02-03-2010, 11:45 AM
Pistachio Almond with fudge topping, whipped cream..and, she can have the cherry! Oh, and I have to have a plastic spoon. :)

Miami
02-03-2010, 02:59 PM
I will eat icecream out of a tin can, as long as it's clean! lol I LOVE icecream!!! :D

MsTinkerbelly
02-03-2010, 03:24 PM
Any way, any time....love that Ice Cream!

LieslKate
02-03-2010, 03:40 PM
Why was Cone not in the poll... I had to click OTHER... 'course I can think of some interesting others...

:cheerleader:

Corkey
02-03-2010, 03:43 PM
Sherbet kinda guy here and I share with my wife, most of the time, otherwise it's out of the carton. Pints not quart size.

Diva
02-03-2010, 04:18 PM
I don't eat a lot of ice cream (though I carry several cartons on each hip)....but sometimes, I will get the 1-pt container of Raspberry Sorbet and eat it out of the carton.....one or two spoonfuls at a time. It's just me and the dog in this house, and I don't share. :byebye:

violaine
02-03-2010, 04:21 PM
carton, bowl, cup, or .. .. .. :kissy:

http://www.godairyfree.org/Product-Reviews/Alternatives-Other-Dairy/So-Delicious-Coconut-Milk-Yogurt-Vegan-Gluten-Free-Soy-Free.html

MsDemeanor
02-03-2010, 04:33 PM
Usually right out of the container. I can't see dirtying a bowl when the standard carton size for Ben & Jerry is a single serving.

Sometimes I will use a bowl, but only when layering. A layer of Magic Brownie on the bottom, then a layer of Vanilla, then a layer of Banana Split. Yummers.

RNguy
02-03-2010, 04:52 PM
Give me a blizzard with chocolate ice cream and reeces peanut butter cups in it every single day of the week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Or the box of it will work fine!
-Yum

-RNguy

redrose
04-24-2010, 05:37 AM
i prefer my ice cream to be in cup...
i love vanilla and rocky road ... yummy
i scream for ice cream ...

BestButchBoy
04-24-2010, 05:45 AM
Personally, I like eating an ice cream cone, especially when it gets down to the very bottom.

Crunch.

Cowboi
04-24-2010, 07:05 AM
Likes to go to the creamery and get a double scoop in a waffle cone!!! I like to mix it up as far a flavors go. They do have a yummy cherry amaretto.

Hack
04-24-2010, 07:08 AM
These cookie ice cream sandwiches at Melting Moments in East Lansing, Michigan are a little slice of heaven...

http://cmsimg.detnews.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=C3&Date=20080703&Category=LIFESTYLE07&ArtNo=807030359&Ref=V6

afixer
04-24-2010, 07:26 AM
i :stillheart: ice cream!

mint chocolate chip...the best.

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s21/Ferils_photos/personal%20pictures/th_DSC00923.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/image/ice cream pictures/Ferils_photos/personal pictures/DSC00923.jpg?o=54)
ice cream rocks!

WolfyOne
04-24-2010, 09:15 AM
I think there aren't enough choices here. I like variety depending on how I feel on any given day I'm having ice cream which isn't often. If it's a big container, I'll have it in a cup. If it's Ben & Jerry's I'll just grab a spoon and have at it because I'm not sharing my cookie dough with anyone. If I'm out and go into an ice cream shop, I'll always opt for a waffle cone. If in a restaurant and I want ice cream, I have no choice but to take it however they serve it.....so, do you see my dilemma here.

Hack
04-24-2010, 10:13 AM
I recently discovered a new flavor -- Coconut Almond Fudge by Turkey Hill. omg

Boots13
04-24-2010, 11:02 AM
My girlfriend started me on those small single serving cups...so now I eat 'em straight out of the package...otherwise I'm sure I'd demolish them a pint at a time!!

Martina
04-24-2010, 12:49 PM
~~~ cone ~~~~

MsDemeanor
04-24-2010, 01:23 PM
My girlfriend started me on those small single serving cups...so now I eat 'em straight out of the package...otherwise I'm sure I'd demolish them a pint at a time!!
I'm very confused. A pint IS a single serving cup.

*wanders off to ponder*

WolfyOne
04-24-2010, 01:49 PM
I'm very confused. A pint IS a single serving cup.

*wanders off to ponder*

Nope a pint is 2 servings and what Boots is taking about is smaller. Ben & Jerrys makes a really small version of the pints for about a buck in most grocery stores. It comes with a little spoon under the lid. It's just enough for someone that doesn't eat much ice cream at all.

MsDemeanor
04-24-2010, 02:29 PM
Nope a pint is 2 servings
*covers ears and shakes head in denial*

Leigh
04-24-2010, 02:37 PM
If I'm at home, I'll eat it out of a bowl or if there is only abit left I'll just eat out of the carton/container :)

If I'm out somewhere, its usually a cone or a small bowl or whatever say a restaurant serves it in :D

I tried a flavor for the first time last night by Breyers, Banana Cream Pie, and YUM was it ever delicious :clap:

cinnamongrrl
04-10-2013, 02:02 PM
I will take ice cream in any form its offered. So long as there's no cherries on top to corrupt the whipped cream....otherwise I'm game for anything. I've even tried asparagus ice cream! And it was gooood......

Breathless
04-10-2013, 02:14 PM
Heavy Chocolate Ice cream, with chocolate pieces throughout, in a mug with a little bit of milk added. Not a milkshake.. I like the bits.. :) oh and it must be the good chocolate, no wax crap.. ewww

Talon
04-10-2013, 02:23 PM
It must be Friendly's pink bubblegum ice cream served on a sugar cone...or I'm just not feelin' it. :1femme:

TheMerryFairy
04-10-2013, 02:54 PM
It really depends on my mood but usually I prefer a cone.

ruby_woo
04-10-2013, 03:03 PM
This thread is relevant to my interests.

If it's a pint of ice cream, like if I buy Ben and Jerry's, I eat it out of the carton.

If it's a larger tub of ice cream, I'll get a bowl. I have a small pink Snoopy bowl that I use as my ice cream bowl.

If I'm getting ice cream at an ice cream parlour (or gelato mmmmm), I like waffle cones.

dixie
04-10-2013, 04:01 PM
It must be Friendly's pink bubblegum ice cream served on a sugar cone...or I'm just not feelin' it. :1femme:

Awww man...this makes me want a Friendly's hot fudge sundae...and there isn't a Friendly's anywhere near me. :(

Soft serve: cone
Hand dipped: cup or waffle cone
Carton: just gimme a spoon (whether it's a small carton or large one lol)

Gráinne
04-10-2013, 04:05 PM
I miss Italian ice with a wooden paddle scoop right out of an ice cream truck!

But failing that, ice cream must be in a cup. With fudge and whipped cream. If we weren't under a tornado warning, I would so go down the street to Baskin-Robbins. Thanks a lot.

Smiling
04-10-2013, 04:07 PM
I will take ice cream in any form its offered. So long as there's no cherries on top to corrupt the whipped cream....otherwise I'm game for anything. I've even tried asparagus ice cream! And it was gooood......

lol
http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s577/Bree524/image_zpsaeaaa1e4.jpg

I love Ben & Jerry's Limited Edition Flavors American Pie and Key Lime Pie! And I'm glad they are available only on a limited basis because I like them a little too much if you know what I mean...

Metro
07-30-2013, 05:08 PM
Those cheap old-fashioned cones, or little waffle sugar cones -- am seldom tempted to eat frozen treats out of a bowl. Dunno why.

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/eating/smiley-eating-icecream.gif (http://www.sherv.net/emoticons.html)

Mopsie
07-30-2013, 05:19 PM
I love Tofutti Cuties! (Non-dairy ice cream sandwiches)

They are yummy and just the right size. :cheesy:

Rockinonahigh
07-30-2013, 05:46 PM
I worked for an ice cream shop years ago they made something call the matterhorn,it was scoops of every kind of Ice cream they had till the bowl was piled high the several hot sauses were popured over it then covered with real whiped cream then nuts and cherries.I promiss it was an ice cream lovers delite tho i'm not shure anyone ever finished one off.

Happyfemme
07-30-2013, 07:12 PM
I like to eat ice cream in a cone, plain or waffle. I like to eat frozen yogurt in a dish, mainly because I go to a little frozen yogurt place where you do it yourself. My favorite is coconut frozen yogurt, chocolate sprinkles, real whipped cream, toasted coconut and warm nutella. Yum

LaneyDoll
07-30-2013, 08:07 PM
I have dessert dishes designed for serving ice cream. They are pretty and small so they are fun to use but still good for portion control.

;)

:sparklyheart:

puddin'
07-30-2013, 08:40 PM
i love me some kiwiyo! (http://www.kiwiyo.com/)

at home i enjoy mini callipos (http://www.streets.com.au/products/calippo/calippo-multipack.aspx

deathbypoem
09-02-2013, 10:58 AM
Ice Cream. Nestled against the coffee mug walls, swimming in about a 1/4 of milk . :) nom. now I want ice cream.:|

willow
09-02-2013, 11:47 AM
Ice cream is my absolute favourite dessert and almost any dish, bowl, container, will do at a push even the carton it came in. Given the choice I will choose glass, every time.

Hollylane
09-02-2013, 11:51 AM
Strawberry ice cream milkshake, preferably accompanied by hot salty fries to dip in it...The best ever!

Chocolate & peanut butter and pralines and cream ice cream in a waffle cone...YUM!

cricket26
09-02-2013, 05:19 PM
braums chocolate frozen yogurt in a waffle cone :)

cinnamongrrl
07-11-2015, 01:47 PM
Harris Teeter had a sale on Talenti....buy one get one free...

So... I got like four... I tried...really hard...not to eat a whole container...I did manage once...but...damn that stuff is good....and it was wicked hot out so...yeah.

clay
07-11-2015, 02:42 PM
I worked for an ice cream shop years ago they made something call the matterhorn,it was scoops of every kind of Ice cream they had till the bowl was piled high the several hot sauses were popured over it then covered with real whiped cream then nuts and cherries.I promiss it was an ice cream lovers delite tho i'm not shure anyone ever finished one off.

yes indeed....the Matterhorn....Baskins Robbins...had 32 scoops of whatever flavors you wanted! Plus every sauce. I may or may not have indulged these when I got the " munchies"....with a couple of friends! Lol....my "wild days"......

Rockinonahigh
07-11-2015, 06:11 PM
yes indeed....the Matterhorn....Baskins Robbins...had 32 scoops of whatever flavors you wanted! Plus every sauce. I may or may not have indulged these when I got the " munchies"....with a couple of friends! Lol....my "wild days"......

Today it's 92*, I sure could use a bucket of ice cream to indulge in, instead I have used yogurt for my ice cream substitute. Not the same but is better health wise, just put it in the freezer till frozen it's not bad at all.

Talon
08-28-2015, 09:55 AM
A sugar cone please, with pink bubble gum ice cream...😋