SuperFemme
02-06-2010, 05:45 PM
A MUST see movie. Visit the site and learn about this groundbreaking film:
http://www.mormonproposition.com/

YouTube- 8 - The Mormon Proposition trailer

Cyclopea
02-06-2010, 05:51 PM
I can't wait to see it.
The Mormon "church" should have their tax exempt status revoked for their illegal political activities.

suebee
02-06-2010, 06:10 PM
A MUST see movie. Visit the site and learn about this groundbreaking film:
http://www.mormonproposition.com/

YouTube- 8 - The Mormon Proposition trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upWb2jBk5xw)

"It would be better to be dead than to be gay."

Well that bastard must be REAL HAPPY about the suicide rate among our youth!

SuperFemme
02-06-2010, 06:31 PM
The wave of unmitigated hatred and the documents supporting the fact that Prop 8 WAS fueled by animus towards gay needs to be exposed.

The film makers are so brave, being Mormon themselves. This film has cost them everything. Family, Religion, Community, etc. Exposing this needs to be done. The church needs to lose tax exempt status.

This is very personal to me as my eldest daughter became a Mormon when she married. To see a "Yes on 8" sign in my fathers front yard and to hear that the "Prophet" had come to Orange County and ordered church members to go door to door hurt my heart in ways that I cannot convey to you all here.

I hope we all get to see it and have full knowledge of the people that openly hate us and how far they will go to destroy us.

:(

Andrew, Jr.
02-06-2010, 06:58 PM
I agree. I cannot stand open hate.

Kimbo
02-06-2010, 08:06 PM
I hope we all get to see it and have full knowledge of the people that openly hate us and how far they will go to destroy us.

Not all Mormons adhere to this open hatred. I was baptized and raised Mormon and I don't agree. I agree that what the church has done spews hatred and they should have their tax status revoked. I agree they should not be involved in politics. I do not believe that the flocks of the Mormon religion even know the involvement and impact their tithing money has had in the political realm. What I have huge hopes for is that many within the Mormon church see this movie....I'd like to hear their thoughts. It angers me, I hope it does others.

cara
02-06-2010, 08:37 PM
Not all Mormons adhere to this open hatred. I was baptized and raised Mormon and I don't agree. I agree that what the church has done spews hatred and they should have their tax status revoked. I agree they should not be involved in politics. I do not believe that the flocks of the Mormon religion even know the involvement and impact their tithing money has had in the political realm. What I have huge hopes for is that many within the Mormon church see this movie....I'd like to hear their thoughts. It angers me, I hope it does others.

I was not raised Mormon, but I was baptised into the church when I turned 18. I agree with everything you have said here, Kimbo.

*hugs*

cara

T D
02-06-2010, 09:00 PM
Well that was certainly more than a tad irritating!!!!

Tommi
02-06-2010, 09:01 PM
The wave of unmitigated hatred and the documents supporting the fact that Prop 8 WAS fueled by animus towards gay needs to be exposed.

The film makers are so brave, being Mormon themselves. This film has cost them everything. Family, Religion, Community, etc. Exposing this needs to be done. The church needs to lose tax exempt status.

This is very personal to me as my eldest daughter became a Mormon when she married. To see a "Yes on 8" sign in my fathers front yard and to hear that the "Prophet" had come to Orange County and ordered church members to go door to door hurt my heart in ways that I cannot convey to you all here.

My friends and I , along wiht a huge crowd picketed in front of the Morman temple in Irvine.They came out and tried to protest, but could not. Some came out and walked with us, and said they had no idea how the church had acted. The police drove by and saw all we were doing was walking with rainbow flags, many great signs and lots of love. .Felt good and I will do it again

MsDemeanor
02-07-2010, 10:44 AM
I can't wait to see it.
The Mormon "church" should have their tax exempt status revoked for their illegal political activities.
ALL churches should have their tax exempt status revoked.

SuperFemme
02-07-2010, 03:32 PM

The IRS laws are so darned clear regarding this, yet the Mormon Church, Catholic Church, people like Rick Warren who actively participate both from the pulpit and the pocketbook seem to be above the law.

Toughy
02-07-2010, 03:46 PM
The IRS laws are so darned clear regarding this, yet the Mormon Church, Catholic Church, people like Rick Warren who actively participate both from the pulpit and the pocketbook seem to be above the law.

That's cuz they are slick and know the letter of law and don't give a shit about the intent of the law......

besides you just route the money to a political action committee (pac) or other group and it's all nice and legal and tidy....the Knights of Columbus are the first such group to come to my mind......

SuperFemme
02-07-2010, 03:55 PM
That's cuz they are slick and know the letter of law and don't give a shit about the intent of the law......

besides you just route the money to a political action committee (pac) or other group and it's all nice and legal and tidy....the Knights of Columbus are the first such group to come to my mind......

Right. Let's not even get started on "The Family" (one of the original founders was Pat Robertsons father when he was a senator). If you pull the 1099 Tax Forms and see all the money being funneled to Uganda and the subsequent legislation for the Death Penalty against gays there it all gets pretty frightening to me.

In the movie trailer it made my blood run cold to hear the Mormon leaders thoughts on us and the amount of money they funneled to Prop 8. To the best of my knowledge the private emails and such have been entered into evidence for the Federal Trial.

We must keep bringing this information forward.

AtLast
02-07-2010, 05:47 PM
We sure do need to keep bringing this info up! The $ funneled in CA for Prop 8 via relidious findamentalist (mega bucks from the LDS) was discusting.

Another issue about LDS offshoots that practice polygamy drives me nuts, too. All of the kids & women taking in welfare because these wome are not
considered legally married! Then there is the child sexual abuse issues! So, who is morally above it all!?

Frankly, I would not care if polygamy was legalized as it is practiced throughout the world in many cultures. If it were legalized here (the US), the father's of these kids would legally responsible for their children.

I know, an odd thing for a monogamous person to say, but I just view this through a more cultural anthropologic lens.

:thinking:

Right. Let's not even get started on "The Family" (one of the original founders was Pat Robertsons father when he was a senator). If you pull the 1099 Tax Forms and see all the money being funneled to Uganda and the subsequent legislation for the Death Penalty against gays there it all gets pretty frightening to me.

In the movie trailer it made my blood run cold to hear the Mormon leaders thoughts on us and the amount of money they funneled to Prop 8. To the best of my knowledge the private emails and such have been entered into evidence for the Federal Trial.

We must keep bringing this information forward.

SuperFemme
02-07-2010, 06:16 PM
Frankly, I would not care if polygamy was legalized as it is practiced throughout the world in many cultures. If it were legalized here (the US), the father's of these kids would legally responsible for their children.

I know, an odd thing for a monogamous person to say, but I just view this through a more cultural anthropologic lens.

:thinking:

I don't think it is an odd thing for a monogamous person to say. After all, Prop 8 is all about protecting *traditional marriage* right? Which begs the point? Who the hell did Adam & Eve's kidlets marry anyhow? I mean, we're not just talking polygamy we MUST include incest if things are the way the Bible says.

Look at the divorce rates for fucks sake. I cannot remember studying family court in Catechism class other than King Solomon slicing that one baby in half. Divorce had no place in God's world. I have an Aunt who was married for 19 years. Her husband left her because she was a shrew. They had three girls together during their wedlock. Auntie got an annullment. Making three girls illegitimate bastard children according to church doctrine. How does that even make sense?

Numerous Evangelical Christians go to prison, hook up with gay prostitutes whilst doing drugs and frequent prostitutes. All while married. Brittney Spears can have a 72 hour marriage annulled. All to protect traditional marriage. WTF? Serioulsly?

Now we have to observe O'Reilly, Palin, and the teabaggers bringing their God into our government. Did we not form this country on separation of Church and State?

Some days I just want to immigrate. Anywhere but here.

AtLast
02-07-2010, 06:37 PM
I don't think it is an odd thing for a monogamous person to say. After all, Prop 8 is all about protecting *traditional marriage* right? Which begs the point? Who the hell did Adam & Eve's kidlets marry anyhow? I mean, we're not just talking polygamy we MUST include incest if things are the way the Bible says.

Look at the divorce rates for fucks sake. I cannot remember studying family court in Catechism class other than King Solomon slicing that one baby in half. Divorce had no place in God's world. I have an Aunt who was married for 19 years. Her husband left her because she was a shrew. They had three girls together during their wedlock. Auntie got an annullment. Making three girls illegitimate bastard children according to church doctrine. How does that even make sense?

Numerous Evangelical Christians go to prison, hook up with gay prostitutes whilst doing drugs and frequent prostitutes. All while married. Brittney Spears can have a 72 hour marriage annulled. All to protect traditional marriage. WTF? Serioulsly?

Now we have to observe O'Reilly, Palin, and the teabaggers bringing their God into our government. Did we not form this country on separation of Church and State?

Some days I just want to immigrate. Anywhere but here.

I'm with you!

I watched most of the Palin speech last night at the Teabagger Party Convention. First observation - Not one single person of color anywhere! Second observation - a push to bring God even further into politics. Third observation - the Q & A session was foucused on her being a Presidental candidate and she was courting the Teabaggers as a voting block for the GOP.

I sat there thinking about how Ronald Reagan became president and became totally freaked-out. So many people back then thought Reagan was a joke and had no chance of even winning the GOP nomination let alone the presidency....

I do not under estimate the power of the far right and the Teabaggers one little bit! History does repeat itself and I think we need to keep an eye on Palin and the teabag movement.

friskyfemme
02-07-2010, 09:16 PM

My heart goes out to you, Superfemme. It is an abomination that hate can ride the rail in the name Prophecy. It is especially hurtful when those you love are lined up with it.
I have faith that the Mormon church will be exposed for their wrongdoings as was Fred Phelps, Jimmy Swaggart, Jerry Falwell / Moral Majority. History shows every major World religion has abused their affliation with worship of God to advance their own agendas for Power. Sending out loving wrap for those who hate to remove the darkness from their hearts.

AtLast
02-07-2010, 09:55 PM

I so agree with you here! Makes me nuts! How this exemption could be viewed as constitutional is so far beyond me. The billions that is not collected from churches (and church organizations) would probably cut the federal deficit in half in just one year! Plus, there would be no need for tax increases across the board to fund so many social programs.

Did you know (I didn't until recently), that we pay for a Congressional Pastor? He has a nice big office and does prayers at the start of congressional sessions, etc. SEPARATION of Church & State???

I am a person of faith (more of a spiritual, non-western nature, but have a personal need for faith in my life), but even as a prior member of an organized religion, I could not support this tax exemption. And when Bush put together the faith-based committe that was located in and operated out of the White House, I went crazy! However, it still remains right there next to Obama.

Have to say after seeing much of Sarah Palin's Teabagger speech (at their weird convention) on Saturday on CNN, my rancor for the tax exemption for churches grew! Yikes, those people are crazy! They kepy yelling - Run, Sarah, Run!

Jess
07-21-2010, 10:24 AM
http://prideinutah.com/?p=2421

SyrBlackwolff
07-21-2010, 10:36 AM
sure would of loved to seen the viedo before it was taken off site!!!!

SBW

Jess
07-21-2010, 01:40 PM
Hey there Wolff,

Here is a link to the trailer.. click on the upper left hand corner.. The original youtube trailer was removed.

http://mormonproposition.com/

SuperFemme
07-21-2010, 01:47 PM
ezwIZo-hKiI

lipstixgal
07-21-2010, 02:54 PM
wow that is really powerful and yes the Mormons hate gays and lesbians!!