PDA

View Full Version : SoCal (News, Events, etc.)

Pages : [1] 2

Mel C.
11-04-2009, 10:33 PM
Well, we know Southern California is a great place with lots of things to do, so here is a thread we can discuss local stuff (news, events, places to go, etc.).

Mel C.
11-04-2009, 10:37 PM
ohhh...an event already...

A few people in San Diego are meeting up at Hooters next Tuesday for some delicious waaaangs...I will post details once I know them, but I know the SoCal folks have full dayplanners unless ya give em plenty of notice. Feel free to message me or post if you are interested in joining us

crack11974
11-05-2009, 01:50 AM
It's a shame I work on Tuesdays!

Sirena
11-05-2009, 03:22 AM
Hey SoCal peeeeps :)

GinaSofia
11-05-2009, 11:12 AM
Hey!We're off Tuesdays and may be able to come down depending
on the time.

Mel C.
11-05-2009, 11:31 AM
Tuesdays are all-you-can-eat waaaaangs (comes with fries) for $14 I think. It's an all-day special. I love me some Hooters waaaaaaannnnggggssss!!!!

GinaSofia
11-05-2009, 12:04 PM
Yummmmmm,we get to cheat twice a month
on our veggie diet,this sounds like the perfect
excuse!

Mel C.
11-06-2009, 08:21 PM
OK, so it looks like we are meeting at Hooters of Mission Valley (http://hooters.know-where.com/hooters/cgi/site?site=121&address=&design=default&lang=en&mapid=US) Tuesday 11/10 at 6pm.

Although you can order from the regular menu, they have an all-you-can-eat waaaangs special (http://www.westcoasthooters.com/images/AllYouCanEatWingsalldayposter_000.jpg)

Let me know by Tuesday if you are attending so I can request a table.

GinaSofia
11-06-2009, 11:23 PM
Awwww,man! We would normally be able to skip work the
following day or even just come in late but my boss' Hubby
is in ICU and doing very poorly. We're the only ones on the
overnight call list for now.
I really do wanna see you,Mel.Please keep me posted if anything
else pops up or if you guys head out this way.
Tell the Wifey I owe her a big one!

Mel C.
11-07-2009, 12:07 AM
Awwww,man! We would normally be able to skip work the
following day or even just come in late but my boss' Hubby
is in ICU and doing very poorly. We're the only ones on the
overnight call list for now.
I really do wanna see you,Mel.Please keep me posted if anything
else pops up or if you guys head out this way.
Tell the Wifey I owe her a big one!

Sorry you guys can't make it....much more sorry to hear about your boss' hubby.

Now that we have butchfemmeplanet, I hope events are planned more frequently...throughout SoCal.

I'll tell the wifey...glad you saw the post.

Best Wishes

Tommi
11-08-2009, 09:43 AM
Whooooosh...Hey Hey Hey..

Best wishes to you all from behind the Orange Curtain..:eek:

Southern Cal ..Orange Couny that is..
Wow, good to see you all

NikiNik
11-08-2009, 05:01 PM
Let the party begin.... I have found my way over here!
(Imjustagyrl):p

Trishagee
11-08-2009, 06:42 PM
Let the party begin.... I have found my way over here!
(Imjustagyrl):p

pssst I am following you... now you have a Coffee Bean and a BFP stalker :D

TCB
11-10-2009, 07:24 PM
I'm putting the word out to any Trans men or women who may be interested in speaking at the "Transgender day of remembrance" event on November 20th. The event will be held at a community college, most likely somewhere in or around Santa Ana.

I will be speaking at the event myself. EQCA, OCEC and Courage Campaign are looking for trans individuals who would like to participate.

However, we are also looking for all the support we can get and reach out to everyone to attend this event. There will be speakers, a moment of silence and a candle lit march. We will be remembering those Trans men and women we have lost due to hate crimes. All are welcome!

I will post more information about the time and location when it becomes available. If you're interested, PM me and I'll give you the contact details.

Thanks for reading!

Trishagee
11-11-2009, 01:28 AM
I'm putting the word out to any Trans men or women who may be interested in speaking at the "Transgender day of remembrance" event on November 20th. The event will be held at a community college, most likely somewhere in or around Santa Ana.

I will be speaking at the event myself. EQCA, OCEC and Courage Campaign are looking for trans individuals who would like to participate.

However, we are also looking for all the support we can get and reach out to everyone to attend this event. There will be speakers, a moment of silence and a candle lit march. We will be remembering those Trans men and women we have lost due to hate crimes. All are welcome!

I will post more information about the time and location when it becomes available. If you're interested, PM me and I'll give you the contact details.

Thanks for reading!

Guessing I wouldn't qualify, but I sure would like more information so we can go support our friend!

tmbyfem
11-11-2009, 01:57 AM
waving hello from San Diego :)

There's a new women's bar/restaurant in Hillcrest called Gossip Girl. Owned by the same group that owns Urban Mo's and Baja Betty's it's across the street from Baja Betty's on University with an interesting looking menu, outdoor patio seating and very creatively named cocktails i.e pussy juice (pineapple/orange juice, vodka and Sprite) !!

Anyone want to make plans for getting together sometime next week to check it out?

TCB
11-11-2009, 05:59 PM
Guessing I wouldn't qualify, but I sure would like more information so we can go support our friend!
Trish we would love to have your support! As soon as I get the exact location, I will be posting more info :)

Sweet_Pea
11-12-2009, 02:41 PM
San Gabriel Valley Right hurrrrrrrr! I dont get out much though so I dont have no events to report. :(

Tommi
11-20-2009, 03:40 PM
At a cemetary in Nebraska lies a gravesite with the name Teena R. Brandon "Daughter, Sister, Friend" on the tombstone

Unforturnately the person in the grave is probably buried in a dress. To mom JoAnne she had a "daughter".

To the world this is his true identity as he would have wanted it:
His epitaph should read:
Brandon Teena
December 12, 1972--December 31, 1993
Brother, Son, Friend

We can only imagine him buried in men's clothes.....

Brandon Teena: - Brandon Teena was never his legal name, it is uncertain the extent to which this name was used prior to his death. He used it. It is the name most commonly used by the press and other media. Other names may include his legal name, as well as "Billy Brenson" and "Tena Ray" (December 12, 1972 - December 31, 1993), born Teena Renae Brandon in Lincoln, Nebraska, and known simply as Brandon, was a physiological female living as a transsexual man.
YouTube- The Brandon Teena Story

Tommi
11-20-2009, 03:52 PM
Nov. 20, 2009

The Transgender Day of Remembrance was set aside to memorialize those who were killed due to anti-transgender hatred or prejudice. The event is held in November to honor Rita Hester, whose murder on November 28th, 1998 kicked off the “Remembering Our Dead” web project and a San Francisco candlelight vigil in 1999. Rita Hester’s murder — like most anti-transgender murder cases — has yet to be solved.

Although not every person represented during the Day of Remembrance self-identified as transgender — that is, as a transsexual, crossdresser, or otherwise gender-variant — each was a victim of violence based on bias against transgender people.

West Hollywood, California
Friday, November 20, 2009
6:00 PM
The event begins at Matthew Shepard Human Rights Triangle
(Santa Monica Blvd. at Crescent Heights)
where there will be an unveiling of the first Transgender Memorial Plaque,
commemorating those who have been murdered due to anti-transgender
violence and hatred.
For more information, please contact Karina Samala at 213-999-0456.
—–

Orange County, California
6:30pm - 8:00pm
The Center OC
1605 N Spurgeon St, Santa Ana, CA 92701
For more information, please contact Daniel Shad at daniel.shad@eqca.org
Or visit: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/event.php?eid=171231820885&ref=mf
—–
San Diego, California
Beginning at 6:00 PM
LGBT Community Center
3909 Centre St, San Diego, CA 92103
for more information email: cmaddocks@thecentersd.org

Long Beach, California
6:00 PM
on the four corners of Broadway and Junipero

http://www.transgenderdor.org/

HumV4me
11-20-2009, 05:18 PM
~~Slipping in~~ Good after noon everyone. So glad to be able to make here... as long as all the blocks stay off the site I will continue to show up for roll call. If any blocks happen I will only say I am greatfull for every moment I have to spend with all you.

I am looking forward to a Holiday gathering in a form of a pot luck somewhere... along with Card exchange and maybe even a Secret Santa gift exchange...

If that sounds nice or if there's one happening sometime in the next couple weeks let me know.

Hope eveyone got past this stupid flu season that hit my home hard this year.

Hope everyone is going great.:turkeyday:

Love ya'll!!!!

HumV4me
01-04-2010, 06:35 PM
:bellydancer: ~~~bump~~~

pinktrianglegrl
01-21-2010, 08:41 PM
Well, we know Southern California is a great place with lots of things to do, so here is a thread we can discuss local stuff (news, events, places to go, etc.).

lets do it! lets chat

pinktrianglegrl
01-21-2010, 08:50 PM
waving hello from San Diego :)

There's a new women's bar/restaurant in Hillcrest called Gossip Girl. Owned by the same group that owns Urban Mo's and Baja Betty's it's across the street from Baja Betty's on University with an interesting looking menu, outdoor patio seating and very creatively named cocktails i.e pussy juice (pineapple/orange juice, vodka and Sprite) !!

Anyone want to make plans for getting together sometime next week to check it out?

Waving back to you from San Diego too :)

Virago
02-10-2010, 02:05 AM
*bump*
Hello from Los Angeles

Charming-Butch
02-16-2010, 02:55 PM
Hey there my original family,
Just leaving a message letting you know I have not forgotten my So Cal. I come down from time to time to visit my family. I wil keep checking for events.:thumbsup:

The Oopster
02-20-2010, 02:35 PM
*bump*
Hello from Los Angeles

good to see you bumping around here VVVVVVVVVVVV:motorbike:

Tommi
05-05-2010, 09:12 PM
Kooooopster,

glad to hear your surgery went well :nurseshot:

Tommi

TCB
05-10-2010, 07:55 PM
Hey friends :)

I just started up a new music artist page. I just finished my first track titled "Drag me down." Check it out and let me know what you think!
It's a real simple layout as I'm just kick starting things....
Add me if you want, your support means a lot!

http://www.myspace.com/cristopheraugust

TenderKnight
05-23-2010, 12:38 PM
Hello, all!

Just wanted to let everyone know about the Mr. and Ms. Trans San Diego contest that is coming up in two weeks! It is the first event of it's kind to be held in San Diego and I am excited to be a part of it! I will be running for Mr. Trans San Diego and would love to see some of you come out and support not only me, but all the contestants and the SD Transgender community at large.

The event will be held on June 6th at the Flame in San Diego. Doors open at 5pm, the event starts at 5:30pm. Would be awesome to see some of you there!
In Light,
Tony

TempestuousFemme
06-14-2010, 06:33 PM
I just wanted to stop by and say hello..I'll keep my eye peeled for get togethers :)

gotoseagrl
06-14-2010, 08:18 PM
San Diego http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd163/Sogur/Smileys/Smiley_soleil___Sun_by_Lucifer4671.gif

TenderKnight
06-14-2010, 08:21 PM
I just wanted to stop by and say hello..I'll keep my eye peeled for get togethers :)

*waves* hello and welcome :) Where are you coming from?

Femme
07-01-2010, 07:45 PM
Hello Everyone! I live in Southern California and I would really like to make some friends here . . . GAY friends.

lol

I just don't know how to say it in a more diplomatic way. I live in an area where the people are rather static and I would like to be able to talk or act freely, at least just once in my life.

I have looked up social sites and community centers and they are available in this part of the state, but they are still so far away. (i.e., San Diego is approximately a 100 mile distance) I am in the Inland Empire.

So I'm thinking that I'm thinking too big?

Any hints on how you find people of a like mind?

lipstixgal
07-05-2010, 03:07 PM
Thinking about moving from NJ to California any ideas on where a good place to live and work too would be?? Anybody especially gay friendly!!

TenderKnight
07-09-2010, 09:44 PM
Femme, hello :) Sadly, I am not too much help in that area.. I know about San Diego and that is about it, lol. I hope that you are able to find some local community soon. Have you tried www.meetup.com ? Some of the groups on there have meetings and are pretty active. Good luck on your search!

lipstixgal, I live in San Diego, around the Hillcrest area, which is pretty much gay central here, lol. I've lived here for a little over 3 years now and have enjoyed my time here. Lots to do and see, very close to the Beach and a couple of hours from the mountains and Palm Springs.. I would have to vote for the Hillcrest area of San Diego. Welcome to the thread :)

On a side note, anyone going to San Diego Pride? I'm going to working a booth inside Leather Realm on Sunday from Noon until 8pm. Wouldn't mind meeting and greeting some folks from here while I get paid for it :) I'm going to be in the Crypt booth.

Take care all and enjoy this crazy weather while it lasts.. lol.

-Tony

naturlover_52
07-10-2010, 12:10 PM
Femme yes check out meetup...there are some good ones and a new one in the whittier area. I am not too far from there. There isn't much of a gay community in my area.

Tommi
07-12-2010, 07:35 AM
Femme, hello :)
On a side note, anyone going to San Diego Pride? I'm going to working a booth inside Leather Realm on Sunday from Noon until 8pm. Wouldn't mind meeting and greeting some folks from here while I get paid for it :) I'm going to be in the Crypt booth.

Take care all and enjoy this crazy weather while it lasts.. lol.

-Tony
We (OC peeps ) will be there for the Parade then festival on Sat. Don't miss Dykes on Bikes, the power of the people on the curb, and the alwasys big support for PFLAG..Will vist your area Sat. Have a great day in the LR.
Happy Pride
Tommi

TenderKnight
07-12-2010, 08:21 AM
Tommi, cool! I'm going to be marching with Transnation, I think that we're toward the back of the line. Enjoy the parade!

Gentle Tiger
07-20-2010, 09:50 PM
Hellooo Southern Californians! I am in Chula Vista/San Diego.

Galahad
07-20-2010, 10:14 PM
Hi Femme, try these sites. A new meetup group and the community calendar.

http://www.meetup.com/Inland-Empire-LGBT-Friends/

http://www.ie-glbt.com/

Also Equality Inland Empire has quite a few things going on. Get on their mailing list.

The Oopster
07-20-2010, 11:03 PM
Hellooo Southern Californians! I am in Chula Vista/San Diego.

we should meet up sometime

Tommi
08-01-2010, 08:50 AM
Click here for more info (http://www.prideoc.com)
http://www.prideoc.com
By the Verizon Amphitheater (where Lion Country Safari used to be, right off the freeway. see link for directions and tickets)
Tommi, OC PRIDE Face painter (stop by for a rainbow on your cheek* ;)
http://manchilddesign.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Rage-non-bleed-May-777x1024.jpg

Come be a part of this momentous occasion, and celebrate the last local Pride event of the summer. Tickets are on sale now, and with your support, Orange County will have a Pride event of which we can all be proud.

* Admission $10
* Kids 12 and under free
* Limited VIP Tickets Available $50
* Parking $7
* No outside food or drinks
* No Pets

Orange County Pride started as a small gathering in Centennial Park, Santa Ana over twenty years ago. Initially unwelcome in the OC, the small festival grew to host around 10,000 partygoers in a celebration of diversity on the campus of UCI. Still, by 2002, the event had become only a memory.

When Prop 8 passed in 2008, residents of Orange County, where the measure was approved 57% to 42%, decided it was time to stand together and fight ignorance and discrimination in their own community. Within a week, the Orange County Equality Coalition (OCEC) was born. OCEC has been a focused and tireless force organizing for equal rights since its inception. Its many members decided OCEC would host an annual Pride event so the community could celebrate itself, once again, and be refreshed and renewed in its battle for justice.

In 2009, Pride came back to Orange County. Last year’s “Picnic in the Park,” the first Pride event the OC had seen since 2001, had overwhelming local support. Organizations, businesses, local politicians, and artists such as Sal Landers (who headlined Orange County’s first Pride event in 1988), came out to participate in the historic event, which drew around 500 people.

This year we are taking Orange County Pride to the next level with the theme “Busting through the Orange Curtain!” Located at the Verizon Amphitheater Complex, Hidden Valley, this year’s Pride will feature THREE stages of entertainment. The Dance Tent is hosting some of OC’s hottest DJs. The Main Stage boasts an impressive line up of musicians, dancers, comedians, activists, community leaders and female impersonators. New this year, we have added a family area with fun and entertainment for parents and children. Check out the Entertainment and Family Fun pages of our website for details.

Come be a part of this momentous occasion, and celebrate the last local Pride event of the summer. Tickets are on sale now, and with your support, Orange County will have a Pride event of which we can all be proud.

* Admission $10
* Kids 12 and under free
* Limited VIP Tickets Available $50
* Parking $7
* No outside food or drinks
* No Pets

Sweepea
08-17-2010, 02:44 PM
Does anything ever happen in the IE?

The Oopster
08-17-2010, 11:09 PM
Does anything ever happen in the IE?

earthquakes and fires!

Linus
08-18-2010, 06:14 AM
*pokes the thread with a big pointy shtick*

Hey hey.. So rumor has it that Redondo Beach is in SoCal. ;)

The Oopster
08-18-2010, 10:09 AM

yep it hasn't fallen into the ocean yet! Actually not too far from my neck of the city!

Linus
08-18-2010, 05:11 PM
yep it hasn't fallen into the ocean yet! Actually not too far from my neck of the city!

Cool! Maybe once I'm settled we can meet up! :)

The Oopster
08-19-2010, 12:09 AM
Cool! Maybe once I'm settled we can meet up! :)

definitely!

Mel C.
08-28-2010, 01:11 AM

Glad to have you in our neck of the woods Linus. You are in a great location...access to ALL of the cool California events!

Linus
08-28-2010, 06:44 AM
Glad to have you in our neck of the woods Linus. You are in a great location...access to ALL of the cool California events!

LOL.. so I hear. I'm still not quite there yet. The movers picked up everything yesterday and one of K's friends is coming by for some other stuff. Tomorrow, I'll clean some and then, on Monday, I'll get 1800GotJunk to come by and take whatever's left.

The Cranky Cat and I will stay at a hotel Monday night and then fly out on Tuesday.

The Oopster
08-28-2010, 09:45 AM
LOL.. so I hear. I'm still not quite there yet. The movers picked up everything yesterday and one of K's friends is coming by for some other stuff. Tomorrow, I'll clean some and then, on Monday, I'll get 1800GotJunk to come by and take whatever's left.

The Cranky Cat and I will stay at a hotel Monday night and then fly out on Tuesday.

let me know if you guys need anything ... later when i'm awake i'll message you my phone number

Sweepea
09-03-2010, 02:39 PM
I am So. CA and bored to tears.... if you know any events out this way would you kindly let me know?

Waldo
09-08-2010, 06:18 PM
Any LA area folks interested in this Ivan Coyote/Jessica Halem performance on 9/19?

http://www.ivanecoyote.com/post/38/hammer-and-nails-hollywood

Galahad
09-08-2010, 06:26 PM
Sadly, I can't make that. I love Ivan Coyote's book's. Have fun.

Tommi
09-08-2010, 11:28 PM
Any LA area folks interested in this Ivan Coyote/Jessica Halem performance on 9/19?

http://www.ivanecoyote.com/post/38/hammer-and-nails-hollywood

Yes. Sounds great.

citybutch
09-09-2010, 08:08 AM
Anyone going to the BUTCH Voices LA conference?? October 8-10, 2010...

Here is a link:

http://bvla2010.com/

citybutch
09-09-2010, 08:11 AM
If you are in San Diego this month and are a fan of Robin Tyler... come join us at Diversionary Theatre!

3-JsHEPs18M

Greyson
09-09-2010, 09:10 AM

Here is a link:

.............. YES!

Waldo
09-20-2010, 04:19 PM
For those of you who missed the Hammer & Nails show you missed an awesome evening of Butch / Femme performance.

Galahad
09-20-2010, 11:09 PM
I hope it was full house,standing room only.

squeak
09-24-2010, 10:04 AM
I hope it was full house,standing room only.

The Hammer & Nails in West Hollywood was comfortably full - but it was a smaller, more intimate venue and that was a pleasant surprise. Everyone was very approachable and the crowd personable and friendly. More b-f events in SoCal, please!

Tommi
09-24-2010, 10:17 AM

Here is a link:

Bumping.. Yes I am going.

Tommi
10-01-2010, 07:07 AM

Here is a link:

.............. YES!

Yes.... Greyson is going. Greyson is presenting, and I am looking forward to being there, and participating in everything. Will see you at the presentation, if not before.

Anyone else from the Planet going?

Waldo
10-01-2010, 08:24 AM

Sadly no. I'll be flying back from Europe on the 8th and have to be in Chicago on the 9th. Wish I was. We need to go some regular B/F events happening in LA.

Linus
10-01-2010, 09:31 AM
Yes.... Greyson is going. Greyson is presenting, and I am looking forward to being there, and participating in everything. Will see you at the presentation, if not before.

I won't be. I'll be in Reston, VA for work meeting and then prepping for a major course teach to other instructors.

Logicaly
10-01-2010, 02:13 PM
Psst, SoCal...me and MissVarda are coming down from the 21st through the 25th of this month. We are thinking maybe a brunch on Sunday, and tourist type stuff on Monday? We are going to be in town for the Blizzcon convention in Anaheim, but would love to see anyone who has some time as well!

Let us know what your schedules are like!

Sweepea
10-01-2010, 10:13 PM
If your not going to BVLA--- were having PRIDE in Riverside... Riversideiepride.org It's a small but mighty Pride!!!! We are meeting in lot 16 in the area behind BACK TO THE GRIND and the Menagerie. Admission is 10 bucks---If your interested in VOLUNTEERING contact me at Rebekahwheat@yahoo.com

THANKS Hope to see you there. ( Ask for REBEKAH) I would love to meet up.

Waldo
10-02-2010, 07:05 AM
Psst, SoCal...me and MissVarda are coming down from the 21st through the 25th of this month. We are thinking maybe a brunch on Sunday, and tourist type stuff on Monday? We are going to be in town for the Blizzcon convention in Anaheim, but would love to see anyone who has some time as well!

Let us know what your schedules are like!

Are you going to have a car? I'm sure there are some BFP folks around there but I think most are in LA, LB and San Diego.

Waldo
10-02-2010, 09:35 AM
Are there any fun things going on in SoCal for Halloween weekend?

There are plans to be in WeHo for Halloween night, but wondering what other fun things there might be to do that weekend.

thanks!

Logicaly
10-02-2010, 05:57 PM
We are indeed going to have a car, we are renting a car for the duration of the time that we are there.

Are you going to have a car? I'm sure there are some BFP folks around there but I think most are in LA, LB and San Diego.

Galahad
10-03-2010, 10:54 PM
If your not going to BVLA--- were having PRIDE in Riverside... Riversideiepride.org It's a small but mighty Pride!!!! We are meeting in lot 16 in the area behind BACK TO THE GRIND and the Menagerie. Admission is 10 bucks---If your interested in VOLUNTEERING contact me at Rebekahwheat@yahoo.com

I'll keep bumping this up for those of us living here in the "outback". People living down below don't know what they're missing.

naturlover_52
10-04-2010, 12:41 AM
not sure on anything tht cost much...funds are strapped....for a while....and have other plans.....have fun who do go.....

The Oopster
10-04-2010, 10:10 AM
Are there any fun things going on in SoCal for Halloween weekend?

There are plans to be in WeHo for Halloween night, but wondering what other fun things there might be to do that weekend.

thanks!

Different places have their fright nights like knotts and 6 flags. I know there are other places too. WeHo is probably the big festivity. I think in the past of done a google seatch and one gets a pretty good list. Last i'm pretty boring haven't done any and am probably up in the forest atleast for the day

The Oopster
10-04-2010, 10:11 AM

May try to make some of it but not sure what my work schedule is yet ... I know i work sunday but not sure if i work friday or sat.

Galahad
10-06-2010, 10:12 PM

Bumping this up again.

I Heard all the women squealing tonight over RAVEN and DARCIE RICKERT and THE RUFFNECKS being there. It should be interesting even if they are post 16th c. Volunteers can still SIGN UP with REBEKAH TONIGHT! You get a free tshirt.

Galahad
10-07-2010, 11:03 PM
Bumping this up again.

I Heard all the women squealing tonight over RAVEN and DARCIE RICKERT and THE RUFFNECKS being there. It should be interesting even if they are post 16th c. Volunteers can still SIGN UP with REBEKAH TONIGHT! You get a free tshirt.

Knocking on your doors again. Raising money for the community center. Think of the children, or something like that.

Galahad
10-07-2010, 11:05 PM

Missed posting this with the last somehow.

Galahad
10-08-2010, 08:19 PM

This is the last time I do this. Promise.
Pride will be behind Back to the Grind and the Menagerie. It's small, the better to do some community building. A great lineup of entertainers and a chance to get close and personal with them. There are free public parking lots within a block or two. I will be there picking up trash or something most of the day. Say hi.

HumV4me
01-09-2011, 04:38 PM
checking in to see what has been going on this past year... missing all the SoCal folks with a full heart.

Alicia Ann :blueheels:

undone
04-25-2011, 11:59 AM
is there any one else who's volunteering for LBC pride?
:pacman:

Tommi
05-14-2011, 12:07 PM

Not volunteering, but planning to be at the parade , play and handout Reunion info from the PFLAG booth.

http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?p=338838&posted=1#post338838

See thread ...Look Who's Coming to Town.
:pile:

citybutch
05-14-2011, 01:08 PM
Have fun at Pride everyone!!

undone
05-18-2011, 10:57 AM
Not volunteering, but planning to be at the parade , play and handout Reunion info from the PFLAG booth.

http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?p=338838&posted=1#post338838

See thread ...Look Who's Coming to Town.

The reunion sounds like fun but i don't know anyone well enough and couldn't spend money i don't have to do things like that. Though i wonder why there is not some that are more localized? state wide or local counties for example Southern Cal LA, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Diego, Kern and who ever else is some what close or not even close but wants to....

LBgirl
05-18-2011, 12:13 PM

I am, by virtue of being staff at the Center! I'm also selling drink tickets Sunday 2-6.

Tommi
05-19-2011, 08:49 AM
I am, by virtue of being staff at the Center! I'm also selling drink tickets Sunday 2-6.

See you there LBgirl, and ya'll ...

Few years back I traded my motorcycle in for a girl. well, I was gonna kill myself, so I won't be riding with Dykes on Bikes , but cheering (now I'm single and no bike) :blink:

Watch and wave , and scream at the Corday float ya'll...

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1315/1083422966_638b26d01f.jpg

HlhZa6qaw84

HumV4me
05-22-2011, 06:53 PM
Swinging by to say hi... hope everyone had a great time at the LBP. I soooooooooo miss ya'll.

starryeyes
05-28-2011, 05:28 PM
Hey All!

I wanted to put the ~~*feelers*~~ out for a So. Cal meet up! I know the So. Cal group used to be pretty active, but I guess it had died down. I am thinking about like a BBQ or a beach day? I have no problem organizing something. I think it would be cool to meet new friends and get together! If there is an interest, I will get to it!
Thanks all!!

Starry

:danceparty:

DoReMiFemme
05-28-2011, 05:31 PM
Hey All!

I wanted to put the ~~*feelers*~~ out for a So. Cal meet up! I know the So. Cal group used to be pretty active, but I guess it had died down. I am thinking about like a BBQ or a beach day? I have no problem organizing something. I think it would be cool to meet new friends and get together! If there is an interest, I will get to it!
Thanks all!!

Starry

Count me in!!!

The Oopster
05-28-2011, 07:15 PM
Hey All!

Thanks all!!

Starry

some of us still get together now but everything is done on facebook. In fact I had to join facebook because they kept forgetting about me!

I possibly would be in ...I work most weekends so i'm definitely an iffy on get togethers

Linus
05-28-2011, 07:17 PM
Hey All!

Thanks all!!

Starry

We'd be game! Just need times and locales. :)

LBgirl
05-31-2011, 01:01 PM
Hey All!

Thanks all!!

Starry

I'm in.:beachkids:

TenderKnight
05-31-2011, 01:28 PM
Sounds fun.. Went to a few when I first moved here, not lately though. But I'm game.. In or near San Diego works best for me, I depend on the buses to get around.

undone
06-01-2011, 08:21 PM
Hey All!

Thanks all!!

Starry

I'd sure be game I live in the riverside/corona area though i think getting something some where in the middle of everyone would be the logical thing to do, but maybe a little difficult also.

lillith
06-01-2011, 08:24 PM
Raises my hand! Near Long Beach-ish.

DoReMiFemme
06-03-2011, 07:06 PM
Just curious. Anyone going to LA Pride or Dyke Day LA?

TenderKnight
06-03-2011, 07:21 PM
Just an FYI if anyone is in SD.. The Mr. and Ms. Trans San Diego contest is happening this Sunday the 5th at 7pm at the Flame. Last year it was a very cool event and all the proceeds this year are going towards the Treaver Project as well as the Sisters of Purpetual Indulgence.

Feel free to PM or post any questions.

-Tony

The Oopster
06-04-2011, 01:16 AM
Just curious. Anyone going to LA Pride or Dyke Day LA?

I think TCB will be there, asked me to march in parade but i am working!

lillith
06-18-2011, 10:08 PM
Hey, gang! OK, so summer is supposedly upon us, and I think that we should take advantage of the growing days. I have been looking into some state beaches and was wondering if people would be interested in hanging out, hiking, bonfire, etc. Maybe some time in July? Hit me up and let me know your opinions.

Thanks and have a great night.

Lillith

undone
06-19-2011, 12:51 AM
Hey, gang! OK, so summer is supposedly upon us, and I think that we should take advantage of the growing days. I have been looking into some state beaches and was wondering if people would be interested in hanging out, hiking, bonfire, etc. Maybe some time in July? Hit me up and let me know your opinions.

Lillith

That sounds like a fantastic idea! i especially love the bonfire part! roasting food in the pit... sounds messy and great.

lillith
06-19-2011, 05:29 PM
**Bumping**

DoReMiFemme
06-19-2011, 05:36 PM

Lillith

I'm down! A bonfire sounds like a awesome idea.

lillith
06-20-2011, 06:49 PM
**Bumping again**

starryeyes
06-21-2011, 03:00 PM
Yes, I am down too!! Let's do this. I have no problem helping plan this. Maybe we should get a list of emails for people who are interested and start a mailing list? I am not sure how to go about this.

I look forward to meeting you :-)

Starry

Dreams
06-21-2011, 03:06 PM
subscribing...waiting to see what transpires..:sunglass:

Linus
06-21-2011, 03:35 PM

Lillith

We'd be interested but it will depend on when as I'll be in NorCal for the first half or so of July.

lillith
06-21-2011, 07:01 PM
I was thinking maybe like the 16th or the 23rd. I am thinking a state beach in the OC because it is around the halfway point between, but if anyone has suggestions, please make them.

Excited!

The Oopster
06-22-2011, 05:01 AM
subscribing...waiting to see what transpires..:sunglass:

as long as it doesn' perspire!

undone
06-22-2011, 06:48 AM
I was thinking maybe like the 16th or the 23rd. I am thinking a state beach in the OC because it is around the halfway point between, but if anyone has suggestions, please make them.

Excited!

It looks like you've got the lead on this :) how do you want to do it? or what do you need help with?

do we want food? if so a fiend for your self or a pot luck?

what about fire wood for the bonfire, depending on how long we want it to burn it can take a generous about of wood.

another thought i have is if any one has kids, should there be any special considerations if they want to bring them?

music? games? ice breakers?

ahhh am i over thinking?

long night need to find my pillow :)....zzzzz

lillith
06-22-2011, 10:53 AM
It looks like you've got the lead on this :) how do you want to do it? or what do you need help with?

do we want food? if so a fiend for your self or a pot luck?

what about fire wood for the bonfire, depending on how long we want it to burn it can take a generous about of wood.

another thought i have is if any one has kids, should there be any special considerations if they want to bring them?

music? games? ice breakers?

ahhh am i over thinking?

long night need to find my pillow :)....zzzzz

lol...no your not! these are all great questions/ideas.

OK...Food, yes! I think it might be a good idea to do potluck with volunteers who can't or don't want to cook to bring plates, cups, drinks, etc.

As for firewood, I am going to look into local businesses and see if I can't find broken pallets. I would appreciate if anyone else can help out with this.

I have a 12 years old who will be coming, and he is cool beans. If others want to bring kids, that would be great.

Does anyone have suggestions about games and entertainment?

Lillith

amnesia.bfp
06-22-2011, 10:53 AM
I don't know who I am. Can you help me? Do I live in SoCal? Click here. (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=405)

Linus
06-22-2011, 10:54 AM
lol...no your not! these are all great questions/ideas.

OK...Food, yes! I think it might be a good idea to do potluck with volunteers who can't or don't want to cook to bring plates, cups, drinks, etc.

As for firewood, I am going to look into local businesses and see if I can't find broken pallets. I would appreciate if anyone else can help out with this.

I have a 12 years old who will be coming, and he is cool beans. If others want to bring kids, that would be great.

Does anyone have suggestions about games and entertainment?

Lillith

What about four-legged kids?

DoReMiFemme
06-22-2011, 12:09 PM
If we're thinking the SD area then I will be coming from about 3 hours away. I totally don't mind the drive, but I won't be able to bring edibles. I can bring firewood and utensils, plates etc.

I may bring my little sister (also 12!) too.

undone
06-24-2011, 07:32 PM
We'd be interested but it will depend on when as I'll be in NorCal for the first half or so of July.

Llillith suggested the 16th or 23rd when would you guys be back Linus?

Lillith do you want us to email you our contact info or do you want someone to help with that part? I have lots of time at the moment so I would be happy to do that if you wish. and then what details does every one want? Are we ready for a who's coming and who are they brining, bringing what, or responsible for what list? (Yhea LISTS!!!)

undone
06-24-2011, 07:57 PM

Lillith do you have a location in mind? Do you want us to email you our contact info or do you want someone to help with that part? I have lots of time at the moment, I would be happy to do that if you wish.

Then what details does every one want? Are we ready for a who's coming, who's bringing others are they brining, bringing what, or responsible for what list? (Yhea LISTS!!!)

undone
07-03-2011, 11:47 PM
Hi all!

Okay so we need volunteers for this's and that's.

Let's start with necessities for a bon fire, who can get their hands on firewood to start with?

Then we need thoughts for food's and drinks... this will be a bit of a drive for several of us so do we want sans alcohol or pro?

We also need to settle on location and day...
My thoughts are Corona Del Mar close to Newport Beach. I know they have fire pits available, I haven't been in years so if there are other suggestions or thoughts let me know. I know some wanted to bring dogs I don't know the rules for this beach as far as animals go the only beach i know that dose allow dogs off leash would be at Huntington but that area of the beach isn't suitable for this type of activity as far as i could tell.

I will re-scour the thread and try to get it all organized. So if you all would post you preferences one last time
other thoughts for locations
places you are driving from so we can try to centralize
days that work best for you
anything you think of that i have missed?

We will get it rolling!
Darlene

Happy Fourth to You ALL!

TenderKnight
07-04-2011, 03:04 AM

If folks are thinking the 16th, that is Pride here in SD..Could meet up to watch the parade.. Would be loud, but free, then after parade event?

I'm going to be working the festival from 12 to 8 on the 16th, so won't be able to do the after, but can meet up to watch the parade.. Just an idea :)

Look forward to seeing what happens.. I'm slammed with work, so am not really free the 23rd either.. But will follow along here.

-Tony

The Oopster
07-04-2011, 09:52 PM
I'm probably working but also note that the 16th is carmegedon ... 405 is shutdown that weekend up here but could possibly cause traffic problems every every every where.

I'll be camping up in the angeles mountains to avoid it if anyone wants to join me. Pit toilets and no showers but away from the traffic. I will be working but my commute time will be drastically reduced!

undone
07-04-2011, 11:22 PM
I can't do any thing myself the weekend of the 16th, but i think it's a fantastic idea that all of you in San Diego get together there or any one that can make it there for pride!

I still think it's a good idea to do something a little further north so more folks would be able to make it a day trip with out over night stays or extra long drives.

Maybe the weekend of the 23rd or the 30th? what do you all think?

TenderKnight
07-05-2011, 02:41 AM
You know, a few years ago when I was still in North Carolina we would have weekend get togethers.. Mainly because we were all so spread out. Kinda like a mini mini bash.. Someone would let others bunk over on thier couch and there would be a BBQ and maybe going out to a local club, then breakfast in the morning before everyone left to go home.

The reason I bring this up is because I am doing the public transport thing and know that anything North County is going to involve a few hours of travel time for me, and I would more then likely have to spend the night somewhere because of trolly/coaster/bus scedules. Not sure if anyone else is having that kind of issue, but that is something that might keep me from making it up north..

I will request the time off if we can hammer out a date and time. I look forward to a get together, it's been a few years since I've seen a lot of the So-Cal folks and I miss y'all.. Would like to meet some of you for the first time as well.

Thanks again for taking this project on, undone, I will add my two bits as I can and help too, if able.

-Tony

*Anya*
07-07-2011, 08:20 AM
Any get-togethers in the LA or OC area in the near future?

HumV4me
07-07-2011, 06:10 PM
Hey everyone. Just wanted let everyone know Leina and I will be heading to Huntington Beach Dog Beach tomorrow with our 2 fur children. The moose (Bainey) our Queenslen Healer / Great Dane mix and the marshmellow (Nana) our Beagle.

We will be leaving the High desert Barstow around 8ish and we will be swinging by Niki's grandmom's to see and or pick Niki up.

We are hoping to find a beach type camp ground large dog friendly because we are bringing the tent and bedding for just in case we can spend the night.

If anyone wants to meet up in a dog friendly atmosphere PM me and I will give you my number.

Love all

*Anya*
07-07-2011, 07:17 PM
I really wish I could go tomorrow but am working:( maybe the next time you come down, thanks and have a great time!

TenderKnight
07-11-2011, 12:44 PM
Hey all :)

Hope everyone is well today and enjoying the cool down in the weather. Is anyone going to be going to SD Pride? I'm actually working at a booth on Saturday from 12 until 8, so feel free to stop by, will hook ya up with some goodies.

Will be at the Crypt's booth in Leather Realm, so don't be shy :)

Not sure if I'm going to be able to make the Parade, may have to set up at the park before then. In any case, HAPPY PRIDE and have a great week everyone :)

-Tony

lillith
07-11-2011, 08:04 PM
I wish I could make it down to SD for Pride, but I cannot afford it at this time. Have fun everyone who is going!

DoReMiFemme
07-20-2011, 08:35 PM
::bump::

Soooooo...anyone still up for meeting? The fabulous Anya/Georgia mentioned meeting up in Newport or Laguna beach. Since it looks like the weekends in July are waning in probability as good weekends to meet up, what about August?

I hail from The hicksville desert so I'm not too familiar with what's in Laguna Beach, but I'm game for whatever.

We could...

Do the bonfire thang.
Meet up for coffee (cost-effective and air-conditioned!)
Meet for dinner, drinks, etc.
Or...?

I'm always interested in meeting new people and, since I'm heading down from north of LA I can pick a few people up if you're near the 5 or 405 (depending on which way I travel).

*Anya*
07-20-2011, 08:43 PM
Do, you are pretty fabulous yourself, lol!

Yes, sounds like fun. Lunch, drinks, whatever, Laguna great, so is Newport. We will see who has interest.

Thanks for posting Do:)

ManOMan
07-21-2011, 01:13 AM
I would be open to joining in the festivities in August. I live in the northern (western) part of LA and carpooling would be groovy.

:hangloose::

HumV4me
07-21-2011, 12:08 PM
Hi everyone... we are looking for a doggie friendly gathering this weekend. Maybe a picnic or something in San Bernadino or Ontario area?:walking-poodle:

Galahad
07-22-2011, 06:51 PM
Humvee, "The Inland Empire LGBT & Friends Meetup" has a monthly dog park/ potluck at Wildwood park in San Bdno. Check them out. I think it's usually around the first or second Sat. They are starting to get active with bowling and local baseball games etc.

Tommi
07-22-2011, 08:15 PM
JENNIFER CORDAY
www.corday.net
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-osy0N1pwXrc/TZqJ2XXPjxI/AAAAAAAAAAk/E-ZxeVoHDVc/s320/main+page.jpg

JULY 22nd * JUST ADDED*
METRO Q SUMMER BASH! Calling all "Weekend Warriors!"
19092 Beach Boulevard in Huntington Beach
(714) 968-6677
8:30PM-11:30PM (startin’ a little later…)
Celebrate summer with the Cougars, starring Corday, Rosie, Paloma and Benj on bass! In between sets, enjoy drinkin’ and dancing with DJ Mannisto spinning all your favs! Metro Q has great beers on tap and a full bar, plus a full menu featuring a tasty mix of snacks and foods-- $5 Cover

SUNDAY, JULY 24th
DURTY NELLY’S
2915 Red Hill in Costa Mesa
714-957-1951
6:30PM-9:30PM
Corday & The Cougars are back for 4th Sundays for Ladies Night!! Enjoy new songs Weekend Warrior, Vroom Vroom, and more from the full band, starring Corday, Rosie, Paloma and Jessica!
$5 Cover after 6PM
http://www.durtynellysoc.com

WEDNESDAY JULY 27th
HUMPHREY’S BY THE BAY with the INDIGO GIRLS
INDIE BY DESIGN SHOWCASE at HUMPHREY’S BACKSTAGE LIVE!
2241 Shelter Island Drive in San Diego
featuring: Summer Mencher, Francesca Valle, and
Mary Grasso. Fantastic line-up of female musicians will entertain you at Humphrey’s Backstage Live—fabulous bar and restaurant-- before and after the INDIGO GIRLS Concert! Only $5 after 7PM or FREE with your Indigo ticket stub. You do NOT have to have a ticket to see the Indigo Girls to attend this fabulous INDIE BY DESIGN SHOWCASE—come have a drink or stay all night long!
9:00 Summer Mencher
9:40 Corday
10:30 Francesca Valle
11:20 Mary Grasso
http://www.humphreysbythebay.com/
*H

Tommi
07-22-2011, 08:33 PM
http://shoutlongbeach.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/OC-Pride.jpg

OC PRIDE for MAP and Info ** (http://www.prideoc.com)

SATURDAY, AUGUST 13th
OC PRIDE
8800 Irvine Center Drive
Irvine, CA 92618
(Between Verizon Amphitheatre & Wild Rivers Waterpark
At the 5 Freeway ~ 405)
$10 Entrance, $75 VIP, $10 Parking

See Jennifer Corday, and list of other performers @ OC Pride

g3MlXl3WETc

*Anya*
07-23-2011, 05:56 AM
I would really like to go to OC on August 13. If the "group" (I am thinking positively that a bunch of you will be able to get together) would like to go to Pride, or whatever. I have not gone to one in years but they can be great fun!

If there is anyone else that you know in the LA area that might want to get together, please pass this info on.

What better place than than one with all our queer tribe?!:)

PS: thanks Tommi for keeping us posted on events!

DoReMiFemme
07-25-2011, 08:05 PM
For all y'all Long Beach hipsters, here's a queer event happening on August 5th:

SheRAW: Queer Dance Party (http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=201755266538069)

C'mon, now. Everyone loves a themed party.

*Anya*
07-28-2011, 01:24 PM
Hi Do and other LA/OC folks!

I am not going to the club but would be happy to meet you for dinner if you are coming to Long Beach to go to the club.

If not, I promised I would post the weekend days I could meet with So. CA folks in the LA/OC area and did not, so here goes:

8/6, 8/13 (understand that neither you or Lilith are available so would rather wait until it is a day that you could meet) or 8/27.

If no day in August is good, then we can aim for September!

Anya
:)

DoReMiFemme
07-28-2011, 09:31 PM
Hi Do and other LA/OC folks!

I am not going to the club but would be happy to meet you for dinner if you are coming to Long Beach to go to the club.

If not, I promised I would post the weekend days I could meet with So. CA folks in the LA/OC area and did not, so here goes:

8/6, 8/13 (understand that neither you or Lilith are available so would rather wait until it is a day that you could meet) or 8/27.

If no day in August is good, then we can aim for September!

Anya

Yeah...August is not looking so hot for me. I just had a ton of rehearsals dumped on my plate.

If a date in August ends up working for all y'all then I will do whatever is humanly possible to be there.

HumV4me
07-30-2011, 12:03 AM
YEAH! We are going to Vegas Saturday!
We are going to see HarleyLuvnButch (Carolyn) before she has back surgery on Monday.

We also scored on some cheap MMA tickets via the radio station "High Way Rock" 98.1. The fight is @ the South Point.

This is the last weekend to do something and then 5/8's and 3/10's = 8 days straight in a row.

I really do love life. Yes. Yes I do!.

If anyone wants to send a shout out, I'll be more than happy to pass the word. Harley could use a real pick me up right now.

Thanks everyone.

undone
07-30-2011, 02:09 AM
any one interested Melissa Ethridge is playing at the OC fair this weekend.... I had no idea till a friend asked me to go with.

If any one is still looking for a get together I can offer a semi privet pool in corona with a great view in my condo complex, it's normal empty even during the summer.

*Anya*
07-30-2011, 10:46 AM
any one interested Melissa Ethridge is playing at the OC fair this weekend.... I had no idea till a friend asked me to go with.

If any one is still looking for a get together I can offer a semi privet pool in corona with a great view in my condo complex, it's normal empty even during the summer.

I would have liked to have seen Melissa again, darn! My niece from the UK is flying in today and it will be a family weekend for me.

Still trying to to round up a Saturday that works for the majority of us to even just meet for lunch somewhere in the middle.

If you can, list some weekend days for Aug or Sept. & maybe the day the most us can meet will be the day we will pick. We are so spread out in So. Ca, it does make it more difficult (but not impossible).

Have fun @ the fair, watch out for those fried Twinkies (yikes!).

ManOMan
07-31-2011, 10:41 PM
I also had a bunch of stuff show up for me for August.

September 3-5 is Labor Day weekend, but perhaps that isn't a good idea for a lot of driving.

My preference w/b either 9/17 or 9/24.

undone
08-12-2011, 11:34 AM
for anyone interested there is a prom redo this weekend in long beach.

on Sunday starting at 4pm for singles or doubles.

here's the site for the woman coordinating it and other stuff to.

http://www.djrosa.com/current-events?event=130

what ever you decide to do get out and have a good weekend!!!

it's a real friendly crowd so don't be shy!

TCB
08-21-2011, 02:59 PM
Hey So Cal friends!

If you don't have plans for next Sunday evening, come out to my fundraiser at Ibiza Lounge/Bar. It's for a great cause!! (me ;)

Co-Sponsored by Ibiza Bar/Nightclub and The LiquorGirls Bartenders

Donations go towards funding my surgery :)

A night full of fun and entertainment with performances by:

Metahuman
Mozie Pornwood
and
Cris August ;)

Introducing our special guest host Erika V!

After the show, the DJ will be tearin it up for you to get on the dance floor!
Grab your favorite drink(s) from the hottest ladies in town--the LiquorGirls Bartenders

Doors open at 8pm----Showtime at 9 pm!

$8 Suggested donation at door

At the very least, come by to cheer on your performers and have a great time :)

If you cannot attend but would like to alternatively donate, you may go here:
http://www.giveforward.com/crisneedstotcb

Ibiza Bar and Lounge
18528 Beach Blvd, Huntington Beach CA 92646

lillith
08-24-2011, 11:43 PM
Hey, gang! I know this is a little short notice, but I am taking my son and his best friend to Knott's this friday, and would really love some adult company. If anyone is interested in hanging out, let me know.

Hope everyone is having a good night.

Library_girl
08-24-2011, 11:57 PM
YAY! I didn't know this forum existed. I can't go to Knotts this weekend, sorry. But I'm so glad you posted. Have fun!

*Anya*
08-25-2011, 06:45 AM
We simply must get it together and plan something in advance!!

I would love to meet up with you Lilith but this weekend is a busy one for me.

Saturday is a day with my LA granddaughter who just turned 7 on Wednesday & I will be taking out to lunch ("Can we go to Wood Ranch grandmom?") and shopping at the Grove.

Sunday is also booked.

Can we try for September since July & August did not work? I am free, so far, for any Saturday in September. I can drive to OC/LA or folks can drive to Long Beach...it is in the middle of both counties (kind of).

Sorry, haven't looked for a while, did not note the findraiser, hope was a success!

Let's try again and I will keep bumping this thread:)

PS: I hope you have great fun Lilith!

Tommi
08-25-2011, 06:55 AM
We need a Daytimer , a Planner.
TCB, when and where are you performing again. We really must get a gang together to go see you. Maybe if we get it far enough in advance we can do this.

:seeingstars:I think W/we (me and the So Cal peeps that come here are toooo busy to have fun together). Ya know, I see all these other places around the country getting together. We used to do it, had fun bon fires all the time between here and in in San Diego. My Buddy and some of the gang would name a time and a place and 20 to 30 people would meet at the beach..Ahhhh..We used to meet and play poker..(no really, the card game) we did gay bowling...where are Lee and PJ now?

Anyway, does anyone have that planning ability. Not me , but I do appear.

*Anya*
08-25-2011, 07:04 AM
Hi Tommi, I will help coordinate, we just need dates. Pick a Ssturday folks! Any Saturday!

I will list the days in September shortly. Please all pick a Saturday that you can plan for in advance.

Laguna Beach a great place. Not a lot of beach though. Huntington Beach has great beaches.

OR

We can simply meet for lunch as the No. Ca folks did recently. Laguna a great place for that too and very queer-friendly.

Come on people! Are we going to let Baltimore or Sydney put us to shame?!

*Anya*
08-25-2011, 07:10 AM
September Saturdays:

9/3 (Labor Day- may not work for many)

9/10

9/17

9/24

Or even

10/1

Huntington Beach?

Laguna Beach?

Long Beach?

LA?

Go to beach?

Meet @ restaurant for lunch?

The Oopster
08-25-2011, 02:11 PM
September Saturdays:

9/10

9/17

9/24

Or even

10/1

Huntington Beach?

Laguna Beach?

Long Beach?

LA?

Go to beach?

10/1 would work for me ... unfortunately my weeks will most likely be booked til then... Once September ends I new era dawns! I'll be freeeeeeeeee!!!!!
for a little while atleast! I'm open to anywhere, willing to drive, and willing to pick people up, in the future i may have some time for planning, just haven't lately.

Library_girl
08-25-2011, 08:08 PM
September Saturdays:

9/10

9/17

9/24

Or even

10/1

Huntington Beach?

Laguna Beach?

Long Beach?

LA?

Go to beach?

Oooohhhh! I am getting excited! Many of these dates work for me. :cheer:

ManOMan
08-26-2011, 01:18 AM
All of September is now booked for me :(

I could do 10/1. The following weekend is out and then I'm open again.

I'd love to meet some new peeps.

*Anya*
08-26-2011, 05:30 AM
September Saturdays:

9/10; 9/17; 9/24

Or even

10/1!

Huntington Beach? Laguna Beach? Long Beach? LA? Go to beach?

Now we are getting somewhere! 10/1, let's just pick it and plan on it. Whew!

We have the when, how about where? Locale that works for everyone is difficult but most convenient it will need to be.

I gave some choices above. For queer-friendly, either Laguna Beach or Long Beach. Some great restaurants in Belmont Shore area of Long Beach on second street.

:):)

Please list your preference and we will go with majority rule.

Tommi
08-26-2011, 05:34 AM
I could do 10/1.[ /QUOTE]

[QUOTE=The Oopster;405516]10/1 would work for me ... I'm open to anywhere, willing to drive, and willing to pick people up, in the future i may have some time for planning, just haven't lately.

Oooohhhh! I am getting excited! Many of these dates work for me. :cheer:

10/1

Huntington Beach?

Laguna Beach?

Long Beach?

LA?

Go to beach?

Way to go Anya/Georgia. :hangloose: Are you in Georgia? Long commute :)

Looks like Saturday, Oct 1st for 5 SoCal peeps so far. (Library_girl didn't say anything against 10/1)
..Now, we have a month or so to decide locale and venue..

I'm in OC and will see if anything is going on in my area. We always can do Laguna Beach, ....or maybe a BBQ here.
Like Oopster, beginning of new fiscal year, Oct 1. is a reason to celebrate, so Oct 1 is ideal for me.

I was about to post the link to METRO Q, a great gay restaurant in Huntington Beach, that had 21 TVs, pool tables, and great food at reasonalbe cost.. IT"S GONE. I called the phone number and it's Out of Order...F-U..N-K. That was my home away from home during football season. BIG FUCK.

*Anya*
08-26-2011, 06:14 AM
Laguna always good for me if not too far for LA or Riverside folks.

DoReMiFemme
08-26-2011, 08:27 AM
10/1 is good for me! I don't care about location. I'll drive anywhere. And again, I'm coming from north of the San Fernando Valley so if you're not too far off the beaten path then you can hitch a ride with me.

chanale
08-26-2011, 09:13 AM
I could possibly make it. OC would be better for me, coming from San Diego.

*Anya*
08-26-2011, 10:20 AM
How about we all agree on Laguna Beach? Good for San Diego folks, not too bad for Riverside county folks or LA County. I love Laguna. Great walking town, too.

Can we agree on that?

There are restaurants overlooking the ocean, up in a hill and fairly casual, such as Las Brisas (not real expensive for lunch), or The Beach House, more expensive but right on the sand (virtually), or Avila's El Ranchito, not on the water but good Mexican. All of these are either on PCH or just off.

If budgets are tight, we can keep looking or even go to Johnny Rocket's for cheap-

Ideas?

*Anya*
08-26-2011, 12:31 PM
How about we all agree on Laguna Beach? Good for San Diego folks, not too bad for Riverside county folks or LA County. I love Laguna. Great walking town, too.

Can we agree on that?

There are restaurants overlooking the ocean, up in a hill and fairly casual, such as Las Brisas (not real expensive for lunch), or The Beach House, more expensive but right on the sand (virtually), or Avila's El Ranchito, not on the water but good Mexican. All of these are either on PCH or just off.

If budgets are tight, we can keep looking or even go to Johnny Rocket's for cheap-

Ideas?

K'ya shows up on a lot of lists for a great place that has an awesome happy hour. We can eat and drink for an hour for $5 for the food and $5 for the drinks during that time, stay and enjoy the view as it overlooks the ocean

K’ya Five Dollar ($5.00)
Happy Hour Menu
4:30pm-5:30pm DAILY
7-Days per Week
1287 S. Coast Hwy, Laguna Beach, Ca 92651
949.376.9718 |

kyabistro.com

Food Specials

Shrimp and Lobster Margherita Pizza
Fresh tomato, basil and mozzarella

Blackened Salmon Quesadilla
Jack and cheddar cheeses, salsa and guacamole

Frito Pie
Fritos topped with chili cheese and onions

1/3 lb. Burgers
Sirloin, Turkey or Veggie. With lettuce, tomato, onion, pickle and fries

Mussels Rockefeller
Green Lip Mussels with spinach, bacon and cheese

Buttermilk Fried Calamari Strips With tartar sauce

Fava Bean and Truffle “Hummus”
With toasted baguette rounds

BBQ Ribs
Pork Ribs in guava BBQ sauce with blue cheese coleslaw

Piadas
(It’s like an Italian Flatbread Taco)
Choice of: Shrimp, Steak or Grilled Chicken
Topped with garlic-basil sauce, arugula and fresh tomato salsa

(Dine in Only)

Happy Hour
Drink Menu

Five Dollar ($5.00)
BEER
MOJITOS
MARTINIS
WELL DRINKS
SELECT WINES BY THE GLASS

Tommi
08-26-2011, 02:20 PM
K'ya shows up on a lot of lists for a great place that has an awesome happy hour. We can eat and drink for an hour for $5 for the food and $5 for the drinks during that time, stay and enjoy the view as it overlooks the ocean

Looks great. Yum, and the beach is Right there too. Day or night it is beautiful in Laguna Beach.

K'ya website (http://www.kyabistro.com/index.php)

Library_girl
08-26-2011, 02:41 PM

K’ya Five Dollar ($5.00)
Happy Hour Menu

Sounds good to me, Anya!

MsTinkerbelly
08-26-2011, 06:48 PM
My Kasey and I will be joining you on the first! We are in LB (well, Lakewood) so Laguna is good for us...yay!

Library_girl
08-29-2011, 07:05 PM
Hi SoCals,
Have we finalized a date and time? I'm going to do my best to be there. Woo hoo!

:cheerleader:

Luv
08-29-2011, 07:33 PM
Already have plans to go to Gay days at Disneyland Oct 1st,,maybe next time

Ciaran
08-30-2011, 02:33 PM
Ya know, I see all these other places around the country getting together. We used to do it, had fun bon fires all the time between here and in in San Diego.

Tmbyfem is potentially going to host a bonfire in San Diego on Saturday 8th October. Just need to wait another week or so for confirmation (we've discussed over recent weeks and it's something that she would very much like to do).

*Anya*
08-30-2011, 04:31 PM
Hi SoCals,
Have we finalized a date and time? I'm going to do my best to be there. Woo hoo!

:cheerleader:

Hi all! I will keep this thread bumped: we will meet @ K'ya in Laguna Beach on Sat. 10/1. Happy hour is $5 food and $5 drinks from 4:30-5:30. I am sure it gets packed so when we can get a general final count, I can go earlier to make sure we get a table(s). Hopefully it will still be warm so we can sit outside on the rooftop.

Menu is farther down on the thread.

Look forward to meeting everyone:)

Ps: San Diego farther for me but sounds like fun too.

Tommi
08-30-2011, 06:11 PM
Hi all! I will keep this thread bumped: we will meet @ K'ya in Laguna Beach on Sat. 10/1. Happy hour is $5 food and $5 drinks from 4:30-5:30. I am sure it gets packed so when we can get a general final count, I can go earlier to make sure we get a table(s). Hopefully it will still be warm so we can sit outside on the rooftop.

Menu is farther down on the thread.

Look forward to meeting everyone:)

Ps: San Diego farther for me but sounds like fun too.

Maybe you can carpool up here with someone??

K'ya in Laguna Beach on Sat. 10/1.

*Anya*
09-02-2011, 08:24 AM
Hi all! Bumping thread:

We will meet @ K'ya in Laguna Beach on Sat. 10/1. Happy hour is $5 food and $5 drinks from 4:30-5:30. I am sure it gets packed so when we can get a general final count, Tommi offered to go earlier and I will as well, to ensure that sure we get a table(s). Hopefully it will still be warm so we can sit outside on the rooftop. Menu is farther down on the thread.

Plenty of notice to put it on your calendars.

Hope to see you there:)

citybutch
09-02-2011, 09:32 AM
Oooo... Make sure you tell her to call or email me! I will try to keep up with the thread but would love to be there!

Tmbyfem is potentially going to host a bonfire in San Diego on Saturday 8th October. Just need to wait another week or so for confirmation (we've discussed over recent weeks and it's something that she would very much like to do).

The Oopster
09-02-2011, 09:57 AM

darn I'll be on a plane to little rock

Tommi
09-02-2011, 05:20 PM

Add me in..Ahh, that is what may happen on the 8th. :pirate-steer:

*Anya*
09-02-2011, 05:56 PM

I would like to drive from Long Beach area to south OC, and hitch a ride down to San Diego, if bonfire is confirmed for 10/8. Happy to help with gas.

Library_girl
09-02-2011, 11:13 PM
Bonfire sounds great for 10/8! I'll try to make it!

Ciaran
09-02-2011, 11:19 PM
Bonfire sounds great for 10/8! I'll try to make it!

Should be able to confirm that it is going ahead inside the next week (after Tmbyfem has returned from Burning Man).

Ciaran
09-02-2011, 11:22 PM
I would like to drive from Long Beach area to south OC, and hitch a ride down to San Diego, if bonfire is confirmed for 10/8. Happy to help with gas.

I'm not particularly good on my SoCal geography but I would like to think that this will be possible. Certainly, Tmbyfem's previous bonfires have usually seen a good crowd travelling down from LA metro area.

Tommi
09-03-2011, 04:20 PM
I'm not particularly good on my SoCal geography but I would like to think that this will be possible. Certainly, Tmbyfem's previous bonfires have usually seen a good crowd travelling down from LA metro area.

We can have a crowd before she even announces it..****:hangloose:
You bet, I came south about an hour and a half from Laguna Beach area, and I know some came from Long Beach (about 30 mins from me) and Los Angeles about 45 min's north, and the Riverside/inland Empire area east of us.

If this happens, and anyone wants to carpool South from the Orange County area, we can meet near the Irvine train station. Parking there is free, and it is close to both the 405 and 5 Freeways.

Amtrak - Irvine
15215 Barranca Parkway
Irvine, CA 92618

*Anya*
09-09-2011, 02:48 PM
Hi all! Bumping thread:

We will meet @ K'ya in Laguna Beach on Sat. 10/1. Happy hour is $5 food and $5 drinks from 4:30-5:30. I am sure it gets packed so when we can get a general final count, Tommi offered to go earlier and I will as well, to ensure that sure we get a table(s). Hopefully it will still be warm so we can sit outside on the rooftop. Menu is farther down on the thread.

Plenty of notice to put it on your calendars.

Hope to see you there:)

*Bump*Bump*

starryeyes
09-09-2011, 03:36 PM
I am from San Diego, and I would love to go to an event! Count me in for sure!

:-)
Starry

starryeyes
09-09-2011, 03:39 PM

I'm in! I can help too, if needed:-)

Starry

lillith
09-10-2011, 09:59 AM
Thunder? Lightning? Heavy Rain? Was this forecasted?

Tommi
09-10-2011, 01:18 PM
Thunder? Lightning? Heavy Rain? Was this forecasted?

Big Thunder here in OC. Katz are still on hyperalert, even though it was an hour ago..

TiggerGirl is at my knee and wants to be held. Peches Boi is wide eyed 2 feet back from the patio doors.

We don't have such storms. We were sure surprised...:byebye:

*Anya*
09-13-2011, 04:57 AM
Just checking in and reminding everyone about the 1st. Please post if you will still be coming, hope to see you there:)

K’ya Five Dollar ($5.00)
Happy Hour Menu
7-Days per Week
1287 S. Coast Hwy, Laguna Beach, Ca 92651
K'yaBistro.com

Food Specials

Shrimp and Lobster Margherita Pizza
Fresh tomato, basil and mozzarella

Blackened Salmon Quesadilla
Jack and cheddar cheeses, salsa and guacamole

Frito Pie
Fritos topped with chili cheese and onions

1/3 lb. Burgers
Sirloin, Turkey or Veggie. With lettuce, tomato, onion, pickle and fries

Mussels Rockefeller
Green Lip Mussels with spinach, bacon and cheese

Buttermilk Fried Calamari Strips With tartar sauce

Fava Bean and Truffle “Hummus”
With toasted baguette rounds

BBQ Ribs
Pork Ribs in guava BBQ sauce with blue cheese coleslaw

Piadas
(It’s like an Italian Flatbread Taco)
Choice of: Shrimp, Steak or Grilled Chicken
Topped with garlic-basil sauce, arugula and fresh tomato salsa

(Dine in Only)

Happy Hour
Drink Menu

Five Dollar ($5.00)
BEER
MOJITOS
MARTINIS
WELL DRINKS
SELECT WINES BY THE GLASS

Tommi
09-13-2011, 08:26 AM
Just checking in and reminding everyone about the 1st. Please post if you will still be coming, hope to see you there:)
K'ya Restaurant & Bar
1287 South Coast Highway
Laguna Beach, California
949 / 376.9718

Nestled inside the legendary La Casa del Camino Hotel, this local favorite offers elegant California Coastal cuisine with an intriguing Pacific Rim edge. Try the small plates menu and taste everything

http://www.laguna-beach-info.com/images/la-casa-del-camino-hotel-laguna-beach-hotels.jpg

For a panorama of the area click here* (http://www.panoramio.com/user/1642868)
Also, for those wanting to dip their toes in the ocean, the beach is right there. Don't forget your camera's . We'll be sure to have a great view of the Pacific at Sunset. :hangloose: and maybe make it to the rooftop restaurant.
http://www.rooftoprestaurants.com/Images/US-LA-La-Casa-Laguna-Beach.jpg

1. Anya
2. Tommi
3. Debbie
4. Kimberly

Tommi
09-13-2011, 08:30 AM

1.Anya
2.Tommi
3. Debbie
4.Kimberly

MsTinkerbelly
09-13-2011, 10:08 AM
We will be there!

*Anya*
09-13-2011, 12:26 PM
:happyjump:

1. Anya
2. Tommi
3. Debbie
4. Kimberly

5. Ms. Tinkerbelly
6. Kasey (with Ms.)

Glenn
09-13-2011, 01:10 PM
:happyjump:

Have a good time!

lillith
09-13-2011, 07:34 PM
#7, yup that's me!

*Anya*
09-13-2011, 09:00 PM
#7, yup that's me!

Lucky number 7:)

Library_girl
09-13-2011, 09:08 PM
5. Ms. Tinkerbelly
6. Kasey (with Ms.)

7. lillith

So that makes me #8!!!

8. Library Girl :cheerleader: Can't Wait!!

starryeyes
09-15-2011, 12:03 PM
I know I don't know anyone, but I would like to come with my girlfriend Lisa (screen name Justin) if that's ok :-)

Also, on the other site I was planning a San Diego Beach House Bash for next year March. If anyone is interested I can post details. There were several people from the other site planning on coming.

Starry

*Anya*
09-15-2011, 12:07 PM
I know I don't know anyone, but I would like to come with my girlfriend Lisa (screen name Justin) if that's ok :-)

Also, on the other site I was planning a San Diego Beach House Bash for next year March. If anyone is interested I can post details. There were several people from the other site planning on coming.

Starry

Oh YES! Please do:)

Great to meet you and to have you both come. I will add you to the list! PS: Most of us will be meeting for the first time too that night, so you will not be alone! :rrose:

1. Anya
2. Tommi
3. Debbie
4. Kimberly
5. Ms. Tinkerbelly
6. Kasey (with Ms.)
7. Lilith
8. Library girl
9. Starry Eyes
10.Justin (AKA Lisa)

starryeyes
09-15-2011, 01:17 PM
Oh YES! Please do:)

Great to meet you and to have you both come. I will add you to the list! PS: Most of us will be meeting for the first time too that night, so you will not be alone! :rrose:

1. Anya
2. Tommi
3. Debbie
4. Kimberly
5. Ms. Tinkerbelly
6. Kasey (with Ms.)
7. Lilith
8. Library girl
9. Starry Eyes
10.Justin (AKA Lisa)

I didn't check with the hunnie first, and forgot she has her son that weekend. We can stop by, but he will be with us while we are there. He is a good kid. Is it kid friendly?

Starry

Ciaran
09-17-2011, 08:12 AM

This bonfire has now been confirmed for Saturday 8th October at South Shores Park, San Diego, 3pm until 9pm.

Due to city regulations, no glass or alcohol is permitted although some of us will likely be going to a bar for an hour or so during the afternoon.

For further information and directions see:
http://www.sandiegocoastlife.com/attractions/mission-bay/parks-south-shores.html

For those who don't know, Tmbyfem regularly organised butch-femme bonfires in San Diego during the mid 2000s but this will be her first one since 2008 or 2009. Should be good fun.

In addition, I'm meeting up with a small number of B/F friends in San Diego the previous Thursday (6th Oct) afternoon / evening for some drinks and dinner. Anyone else who is in town that day is more than welcome to join us so just send me a message.

starryeyes
09-18-2011, 11:20 PM
Awesome! See you there :-D

Who else is from San Diego? I am in Escondido.

Look forward to meeting everyone!

:-D
Starry

TCB
09-22-2011, 04:55 PM
Hey Everyone :)

I'm not sure if I can attend happy hour on the 1st, but I'm going to try my best to make it for the bonfire.

FYI-- There's also a cool, kick back LGBT bar in Huntington Beach called Ibiza (where I had my fundraiser) for future references. It's a good middle ground meet up for those in south county.

p.s. I'm always trying to think up Fundraising ideas, so if anyone has any suggestions that you feel would be effective, drop me a line :)

starryeyes
09-22-2011, 05:08 PM
What kind of fundraising? I am a fundraiser myself. Are you fundraising on a big or small scale?

Starry

Hey Everyone :)

I'm not sure if I can attend happy hour on the 1st, but I'm going to try my best to make it for the bonfire.

FYI-- There's also a cool, kick back LGBT bar in Huntington Beach called Ibiza (where I had my fundraiser) for future references. It's a good middle ground meet up for those in south county.

p.s. I'm always trying to think up Fundraising ideas, so if anyone has any suggestions that you feel would be effective, drop me a line :)

TCB
09-22-2011, 05:15 PM
What kind of fundraising? I am a fundraiser myself. Are you fundraising on a big or small scale?

Starry

I'm fundraising for my surgery. Approx 8k. I'm not sure if that's a big or small scale to people lol

starryeyes
09-23-2011, 11:15 AM
I'm fundraising for my surgery. Approx 8k. I'm not sure if that's a big or small scale to people lol

Hmm... I have fundraised for non-profits and events that I have ran in the past. I will think about it and let you know about my ideas.

Starry

*Anya*
09-24-2011, 11:39 AM
Hope to see as many of you there as can make it. Happy Hour starts @ 4:30 with $5 drinks and $5 food menu

K'ya, on PCH
Ph: 949.376.9718
1287 South Coast Highway

Affordable Dining in Laguna Beach
K'ya Bistro Bar is located in the historic, La Casa del Camino hotel in the heart of Laguna Beach. With small plates and an emphasis on sharing, K'ya Bistro Bar offers a diverse menu with flavors from the Mediterranean and a local bistro appeal at this restaurant near the beach. This Laguna restaurant is a stone's throw from the beach. This is one of the local beachgoers favorite bars in Laguna Beach.

http://www.kyabistro.com/index.php/contact

Tommi
09-24-2011, 11:47 AM
Hope to see as many of you there as can make it. Happy Hour starts @ 4:30 with $5 drinks and $5 food menu

K'ya, on PCH
Ph: 949.376.9718
1287 South Coast Highway

Affordable Dining in Laguna Beach
K'ya Bistro Bar is located in the historic, La Casa del Camino hotel in the heart of Laguna Beach. With small plates and an emphasis on sharing, K'ya Bistro Bar offers a diverse menu with flavors from the Mediterranean and a local bistro appeal at this restaurant near the beach. This Laguna restaurant is a stone's throw from the beach. This is one of the local beachgoers favorite bars in Laguna Beach.

http://www.kyabistro.com/index.php/contact

:pile::clap::thumbsup: Stone's will throw:beachkids::fishswim:

Tommi
09-24-2011, 11:49 AM

Starry

Brainstorm with us at the K'ya Chris....More heads are better than one. ;):hangloose: :moonstars:

apretty
09-24-2011, 12:46 PM
Is anyone planning on going to Disneyland for Gay Days, Friday, Sept 30th - October 1?

*Anya*
09-29-2011, 03:37 PM
Ok all, I know a lot has happened for many of you this past month and plans can and do change.

That said, just checking: will I be having a margarita by myself Saturday afternoon @ K'ya?! If so, I will tip the glass in your honor!

Tommi
09-29-2011, 09:25 PM
Ok all, I know a lot has happened for many of you this past month and plans can and do change.

That said, just checking: will I be having a margarita by myself Saturday afternoon @ K'ya?! If so, I will tip the glass in your honor!

Be there or be square.
:cowboihorse: Tyin up my ride
Saddlin' up at the bar. One virgin strawberry margarita rightcheer :fastdraq: I need a drink

Library_girl
09-29-2011, 10:32 PM

Hey Anya (and Tommi),
I will definitely be there! I can't wait! I will join you in the margarita-glass-tipping. :bow:

lillith
09-29-2011, 10:43 PM
I'll be there, too, or is it three?

Tommi
09-29-2011, 10:44 PM
I'll be there, too, or is it three?

lillith
09-29-2011, 10:45 PM
lol...i am so excited to be 4!

Tommi
09-29-2011, 10:48 PM
lol...i am so excited to be 4!

:clap::loveBFP::dance2::dance2:

Library_girl
09-29-2011, 11:15 PM
Woo-hoo! Four!

The Oopster
09-29-2011, 11:55 PM
I'm still questionable .... work is suppose to be done but who knows! Depends if the missing data shows up tomorrow! I may be up QC late friday!

*Anya*
09-30-2011, 05:42 AM
Good to know my friends, I will see you there. If not too cold we can try for the rooftop bar.

I look like my picture(s) except I usually wear glasses because I am blind as a bat without!:bluebat:

See you then!

MsTinkerbelly
09-30-2011, 12:52 PM
We are still on unless the creek rises or the river floods...I know, I'm not as funny as I'd like to be.(f)

starryeyes
09-30-2011, 06:28 PM
We are still on too! We will be spending the day at Knott's Berry Farm with the kiddo, and then stop by on the way back!

See you tomorrow :-D
Starry

The Oopster
10-01-2011, 02:21 PM
not going to make it today! I was trying and couldn't figure out why i just really couldn't get going and then took my temperature! Just a slight one but I go out of town next week so I need to just stay home and rest today!

*Anya*
10-01-2011, 04:10 PM
They did not tell me a private event reserved the restaurant when I called. Since K'ya closed roof open can get appetizers drinks on roof. Saving seats as I can grab them but did get a table.

*Anya*
10-01-2011, 05:43 PM
They did not tell me a private event reserved the restaurant when I called. Since K'ya closed roof open can get appetizers drinks on roof. Saving seats as I can grab them but did get a table.

I am 2 sheets to the wind right now. I never, ever drink. Two margaritas will do that to you. I got here early, not the best idea. It is 4:34. In 15 minutes will give up table, walk on beach and sober up for drive home. Getting evil eye for having table right next to the water by myself. I am enjoying it, however. It is a beautiful, sunny, lovely day and am glad that I came. I miss living in Orange County. I used to go to the beach all of the time when I lived here.

When my girls were little, we would go yo the beach each weekend in my VW bug. My girls loved that teenage boys would whistle at me and try to pick me up, they thought my daughters were my sisters *sigh* nostalgia.

Oh well, I enjoyed my afternoon at the beach!

The Oopster
10-01-2011, 05:45 PM
I am 2 sheets to the wind right now. I never, ever drink. Two margaritas will do that to you. I got here early, not the best idea. It is 4:34. In 15 minutes will give up table, walk on beach and sober up for drive home. Getting evil eye for having table right next to the water by myself. I am enjoying it, however. It is a beautiful, sunny, lovely day and am glad that I came. I miss living in Orange County. I used to go to the beach all of the time when I lived here.

When my girls were little, we would go yo the beach each weekend in my VW bug. My girls loved that teenage boys would whistle at me and try to pick me up, they thought my daughters were my sisters *sigh* nostalgia.

Oh well, I enjoyed my afternoon at the beach!

I know lilith is on her way but doesn't have anyones phone number ... so please don't leave til you see her!

*Anya*
10-01-2011, 06:32 PM
Better late than ever! Tommi and Lilith here ok, I have time to sober up! Yeah!!!

Library_girl
10-01-2011, 06:50 PM
Hey if you're still there I'm still coming! I can't find parking!!!

starryeyes
10-02-2011, 09:16 AM
It was great meeting everyone! Sorry we missed you, Anya!

Starry

Tommi
10-02-2011, 11:00 AM
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll85/TommiSoCal/1001111831.jpg

Good Time Was Had By All. The BFP So Cal group met on a Rooftop Restaurant overlooking the Pacific, in Laguna Beach. From LA County, Long Beach, Palm Springs, OC and San Diego we toasted the beautiful sunset and each other. Some of us ;) stayed and enjoyed the Moon. ~~Moonlight on the Pacific, and toasted those that weren't there, and the Moon, etc. etc.
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll85/TommiSoCal/1001111835.jpg
We arrived at GayvStandard Time, some on time, some not...due to traffic, lifestyles and hell, some of us are always late. It was great to meet Anya, lillith, LibraryGirl, StarryEyes, Justin and the awesome phantom kiddo (he was so still and quiet he disapeared right into the balcony bannister).

Talking about where and when to meet next. We could have talked about it on the way to Vegas. :clap:
Although exhausted from a hectic week, I am so glad I got to spend some quality Butch Femme Time together. On my way home I realized we should have left there and gone to dinner. I was starving.

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll85/TommiSoCal/1001112024.jpg

MsTinkerbelly
10-02-2011, 11:09 AM
I'm sorry we had to miss the outing...we couldn't make it there unexpectedly. Next time!

*Anya*
10-02-2011, 11:57 AM
Yep, that's what happens to my hair with humidity and the ocean!

Wild thing much?!

Tommi
10-02-2011, 12:01 PM
This bonfire has now been confirmed for Saturday 8th October at South Shores Park, San Diego, 3pm until 9pm.

Due to city regulations, no glass or alcohol is permitted although some of us will likely be going to a bar for an hour or so during the afternoon.

http://www.sandiegocoastlife.com/attractions/mission-bay/parks-south-shores.html

For those who don't know, Tmbyfem regularly organised butch-femme bonfires in San Diego during the mid 2000s but this will be her first one since 2008 or 2009. Should be good fun.

In addition, I'm meeting up with a small number of B/F friends in San Diego the previous Thursday (6th Oct) afternoon / evening for some drinks and dinner. Anyone else who is in town that day is more than welcome to join us so just send me a message.

I'm working Thursday, but am free on the weekend.Several interested in coming down for the Bon Fire and evening in SD. Any contact info, list of what 's needed etc. ?

Tommi
10-02-2011, 12:04 PM
Yep, that's what happens to my hair with humidity and the ocean!

Wild thing much?!

Mine too,:2butch: Didn't have time for my Sat. haircut. :3butch:

Tommi
10-02-2011, 12:10 PM

I'm sorry we had to miss the outing...we couldn't make it there unexpectedly. Next time!

We kept watching for you, as it got crowded, and there was a wedding, and I parked right by the hotel side entrance., and I thought I was going to back uphill into the bride, zoom in reverse on a steep grade...., and then when we left , the police were ticketing a scuba driver in the front of the car, (on same steep Laguna hill to the ocean) and lilith and Library girl and I rode around looking for their cars, as parking in Laguna is sucky. I wish now we would have moved to a restaurant for dinner, but, then...we would have missed the lights lillith said she saw in the waves..(mermaids with flashlights maybe?) :moonstars:

Ciaran
10-02-2011, 12:14 PM
I'm working Thursday, but am free on the weekend.Several interested in coming down for the Bon Fire and evening in SD. Any contact info, list of what 's needed etc. ?

Hi Tommi

Below is the invite that Tmbyfem issued via facebook (if anyone wants the invite, please send me your email address). It will be similar to Tmbyfem's previous bonfires that she held up to 2008 or 2009 so relaxing, chilled-out and fairly low key but a good way for B/F/Trans folk to meet and bond.

Expecting a pretty good attendance and I'll see a few folk that I haven't seen for a few years. Tmbyfem is a member on this site but rarely logs on so I'm happy to ask any specific questions in terms of what to bring etc (unfortunately, the logistics of these things usually get the better of me !!!).

Time
08 October · 15:00 - 22:00

My dear Belfast boi Ciaran is coming to town and it's the weekend before decom so let's show this lad living in London what California life is all about!!

Come spend an afternoon on Mission Bay, watch the sun set and then, as dusk falls gather 'round the bonfire. Feel free to bring fire and/or glow toys for after dark fun! There's plenty of parking and a paved bicycle path.

All persons doing fireplay will assume the responsibility for their own and others safety while doing so. Be sure to have spotters.

Please bring a dish to share, beach chairs, beach toys, games and plenty of smiles and hugs to go around. Extra wood and coolers are always good. Kids are welcome with adult supervision.

Please, per city regulations, no glass or alcohol. Park in the lot then walk a short way eastwards to the site. For further information and directions see...

Hope to see you there!!

Library_girl
10-02-2011, 10:49 PM

I don't know what Tommi and Anya are talking about.....MY hair and Lillith's hair looked fabulous!!!!

Library_girl
10-02-2011, 11:09 PM
Good Time Was Had By All. The BFP So Cal group met on a Rooftop Restaurant overlooking the Pacific, in Laguna Beach. From LA County, Long Beach, Palm Springs, OC and San Diego we toasted the beautiful sunset and each other.......Although exhausted from a hectic week, I am so glad I got to spend some quality Butch Femme Time together. On my way home I realized we should have left there and gone to dinner. I was starving.

Ditto to all of that!!! (I was hungry too)

I had a total blast! I can personally endorse this event and encourage all the So Cal people to come to the next one. We'll meet up in a different locale (with better parking!) every month. And I was promised one in Palm Springs. :readfineprint: Which would be awesome. Next month perhaps Long Beach.....? Yes, definitely dinner. It was wonderful to sit and enjoy the group energy. Everyone was great. So let's keep this going! I can't think of a better way to spend the weekend.

P.S. The single butches/guys really missed out, because the single femmes were in the majority, and we were lovely (if I may say so myself). :spruceup:

starryeyes
10-02-2011, 11:16 PM
Ditto to all of that!!! (I was hungry too)

I had a total blast! I can personally endorse this event and encourage all the So Cal people to come to the next one. We'll meet up in a different locale (with better parking!) every month. And I was promised one in Palm Springs. :readfineprint: Which would be awesome. Next month perhaps Long Beach.....? Yes, definitely dinner. It was wonderful to sit and enjoy the group energy. Everyone was great. So let's keep this going! I can't think of a better way to spend the weekend.

P.S. The single butches/guys really missed out, because the single femmes were in the majority, and we were lovely (if I may say so myself). :spruceup:

Maybe we can go to Ripples? They have ladies night, and have food there and we can dance!

Can't wait for the next one :-)

Starry

apretty
10-02-2011, 11:24 PM

It would be great to see you and Tmbyfem--Do you think Mel and Jes will be able to make it? I hope that E (John Shaft) and I can--I am starting a new job on Tuesday and won't no my schedule until then--I was hoping for some time off between my last job and this new one but I may have to jump right in. :)

I'll know more after my orientation on Tuesday. :)

*Anya*
10-02-2011, 11:32 PM
Maybe we can go to Ripples? They have ladies night, and have food there and we can dance!

Can't wait for the next one :-)

Starry

Ah Ripples! That's where my first "real" GF & I had our coming out party-The Night 1978 turned into The New Year 1979. We figured out we were really lesbians that night. Great memories of Ripples. Didn't know it was still
There. Also Chazz Bono has-may still have-a restaurant in Long Beach. The Executive Suite is still around too but dinner first!

Glad you all made it home safely:)

starryeyes
10-02-2011, 11:46 PM
Ah Ripples! That's where my first "real" GF & I had our coming out party-The Night 1978 turned into The New Year 1979. We figured out we were really lesbians that night. Great memories of Ripples. Didn't know it was still
There. Also Chazz Bono has-may still have-a restaurant in Long Beach. The Executive Suite is still around too but dinner first!

Glad you all made it home safely:)

I had my first girl kiss at Ripples too.. lol. Ripples is where it's at, apparently! lol

Ciaran
10-03-2011, 01:28 PM
It would be great to see you and Tmbyfem--Do you think Mel and Jes will be able to make it? I hope that E (John Shaft) and I can--I am starting a new job on Tuesday and won't no my schedule until then--I was hoping for some time off between my last job and this new one but I may have to jump right in. :)

I'll know more after my orientation on Tuesday. :)

Unfortunately, Mel & Jes will be unable to make it as Mel's mother is arriving in town :(

I met up with both of them in June for the first time in three years and we had such a fun day. Disappointing that they can't make it but I'm meeting Mel (maybe Jes also - don't know what her working arrangements are) this Thursday. Other SD folk very welcome to attend.

Hope to see you + E on Saturday !

Library_girl
10-03-2011, 01:59 PM
I had my first girl kiss at Ripples too.. lol. Ripples is where it's at, apparently! lol

This sounds lik a great place, then!

*Anya*
10-03-2011, 03:10 PM
Ripples actually is a gay boys bar/nightclub primarily.

The Oopster
10-03-2011, 03:17 PM
Ripples actually is a gay boys bar/nightclub primarily.

won't go there myself! Had a gay boy pin me up against the wall as he was trying to come onto me! Don't want to go anywhere where I might have to punch someone!

Library_girl
10-08-2011, 02:20 AM
Who's going to the bonfire Saturday? Not seeing much talk of it in the last couple of days. I'll be there!

Tommi
10-08-2011, 02:23 AM
Who's going to the bonfire Saturday? Not seeing much talk of it in the last couple of days. I'll be there!

belive Facebook is the happening place about the SD Bonfire. I don't have a wall, so I can't see the faces. I'll be there..
:

Library_girl
10-08-2011, 02:25 AM
belive Facebook is the happening place about the SD Bonfire. I don't have a wall, so I can't see the faces. I'll be there..
:

I know, I was just giving a half-assed bump to this thread!

Tommi
10-08-2011, 02:27 AM
I know, I was just giving a half-assed bump to this thread!
:moonstars::rofl::clap:

starryeyes
10-08-2011, 01:04 PM
Justin and I will be there too! Around 6ish I think. See you there! :-)

Ciaran
10-09-2011, 01:40 PM
Enjoyed the bonfire, although was a bit chilly by the end of the night :)

Thanks to everyone who came and we need to do it again soon :)

Tommi
10-09-2011, 01:50 PM
Enjoyed the bonfire, although was a bit chilly by the end of the night :)

Thanks to everyone who came and we need to do it again soon :)

It was great to see everyone. Had you all joined us at the Girls Grill , it would have made you warm. Looked like that Chocolate Margarita was pretty hot stuff.

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll85/TommiSoCal/1008112128.jpg

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll85/TommiSoCal/1008112130a.jpg

HumV4me
10-09-2011, 06:31 PM
Hi everyone... sorry we missed the SD Bon fire this year... was really looking forward to going. So glad to see the pic's that were posted on FB... Tommi, your still look'n as fine as ever... haven't seen you in forever... loved all the smilely faces. Maybe next time we will make it down. Love and miss everyone.

starryeyes
10-10-2011, 08:41 AM
[QUOTE=Tommi;434402]It was great to see everyone. Had you all joined us at the Girls Grill , it would have made you warm. Looked like that Chocolate Margarita was pretty hot stuff.

LOL.. no it looked like TOMMI was the hot stuff!! hehe... had girls coming left and right. It was a great time.... I look forward to doing it again!! :-D

Smiles,
Starry

Library_girl
10-11-2011, 04:55 PM
LOL.. no it looked like TOMMI was the hot stuff!! hehe... had girls coming left and right. It was a great time.... I look forward to doing it again!! :-D

Smiles,
Starry

Oh yes, Tommi was definitely the hot ticket of the evening!

The bonfire was fantastic and I had so much fun meeting everyone. The bar was also a blast! It was certainly a wild evening! The parts I remember were awesome. :seeingstars: I can't wait to see everyone again!!

LG

Tommi
10-12-2011, 01:58 AM
[QUOTE=Tommi;434402]It was great to see everyone. Had you all joined us at the Girls Grill , it would have made you warm. Looked like that Chocolate Margarita was pretty hot stuff.

Smiles,
Starry

I did have a wonderful time....and am ready for some more of all the above. :mohawk:

Library_girl
10-13-2011, 02:08 PM
[quote=starryeyes;434893]

I did have a wonderful time....and am ready for some more of all the above. :mohawk:

Ditto, Tommi!! I'm excited about the next get-together! I am ready for more. Which reminds me.....I think we elected Starry to be in charge of organizing the next So Cal dinner gathering, did we not? :)