PDA

View Full Version : 2010: The Year of the Tiger

BestButchBoy
02-14-2010, 05:45 AM
Today is Chinese New Year. I was born in the year of the Pig (hey, no jokes! ha ha) This is my horoscope for 2010. Find yours!

Happy New Year!

Crouching tiger, hidden fortune...
http://www.astrology.com/2010-year-tiger-pig/2-d-d-65598

Blade
02-14-2010, 07:01 AM
I'm a Tiger.

hpychick
02-14-2010, 08:27 AM
Thanks B3 for posting this! Mine seems to be right on for my goals this year!

Here's my forecast!

http://www.astrology.com/2010-year-tiger-dragon/2-d-d-65578

Linus
02-14-2010, 08:58 AM
Woof! Apparently this is going to be a good year and I think it will be. ;)

Gemme
02-14-2010, 06:07 PM
TIGER: 41% (3 favorable, 1 neutral and 8 unfavorable months)

Your year has arrived, and you are likely to find it more comfortable than most. That does not mean, however, it will be more successful. This could be a case of too much of a good thing. Yes, you are lucky. Yes, you enjoy taking a risk. You can bet the year's ambiance will encourage extremes even beyond your natural inclinations. In other words, you are vulnerable to suffer from overdoing it, from living on the edge and falling off it. You are going to have a few splendid successes in 2010. On the other hand, do not be surprised if your failures are even more spectacular. Self control wins the day.

Career

Tiger's natural leadership and charisma are enhanced this year, and you may find your ideas and initiatives get more traction than usual. It feels great to be listened to and treated like the boss. The only downside could come if you let this deference go to your head and fail to seek out others' expertise and experiential wisdom. Coworkers are not likely to reign you in, so you need to be extra vigilant to make wise, considered decisions and go out of your way to consult with respected peers and mentors. This year will present opportunities of your wildest imaginings, but you will need abundant self-discipline in order to make them realities. Success is within your reach, but beware of pride and overconfidence; it is not a foregone conclusion.

Relationships

Personal relationships are likely to be Tiger's strongest suit this year. Your active and rewarding social agenda could be the envy of most others; expect to have fun in 2010. But even this pales in light of your prospects for love. Romantic passion is likely to be at its highest mid-year, which is also a very lucky time for a Tiger to marry. Domesticity could hold much of your attention this year. You may get special satisfaction in 2010 from time spent on homefront matters and family relationships. If you are single, important friendships should develop pleasingly over the course of the year and become a central focus of your life. In the spring you could meet someone who will play a key role in your life, possibly as part of a celebratory event.

Health

Tigers could suffer the effects of exhaustion this year without even realizing they have overexerted themelves. It is in your best interest to take extra precautions to ensure you get enough sleep, and to practice healthful exercise and good nutrition habits to allow your body to recover from overindulgences, of which there may be many. Intensity and high stakes in almost every area of your life make you feel alive, but place stress on your overall health, something with which you may have to cope later. Let 2010 be the year you learn to love green foods. If you have experienced mental setbacks in recent years, you should benefit psychologically from new beginnings now.

Wealth

This year is likely to bring an increase in the Tiger's wealth. Money could flow from unanticipated sources, and income is likely to increase. You will be best served financially by setting aside windfalls as savings. The temptation and, possibly, social pressure to consume your new profits could be strong. However, it would be a mistake to assume money will be here to stay. Maximixe your financial opportunities, but don't lose your head. Consider making large purchases at a discount and hunt for bargains, even if you can afford retail markups. Wisely shore up your position for the long term.

The_Lady_Snow
02-14-2010, 06:09 PM
Imma Cock....

Semantics
02-14-2010, 06:16 PM
If you are a typical Snake, you can be quite at home with tending your own wounds and being your own best friend. That ability could be very useful during a year containing ten unfavorable months. Neither the pace nor style of 2010 is likely to be conducive to your peace of mind. Fortunately Snake's natural element, Fire, has the ability to control Metal, this year's ruling element. This should allow you to receive your fair share of that famous Tiger luck. The key is to be very Snake-like. Lay low; wait for opportunites; and strike quickly. Do not measure the year in the number of your successes. Rather, focus on one or two big wins. Pick your battles carefully and exit the scene at the first sign of trouble.

Ten shitty months? Can't wait. :blah:

Liquefaction
02-14-2010, 06:22 PM
"Metal is unlucky for the Dragon and, therefore, you."

Does my car being totaled 2 months ago count?

Queerasfck
02-14-2010, 06:33 PM
Wabbits are cool.
"Kill the wabbit, kill the wabbit.............."

http://blog.educastur.es/musical/files/2009/05/bugs_bunny.jpg

Soon
02-14-2010, 06:37 PM
NINE!?!?!?
:seeingstars:

StillettoDoll
02-15-2010, 08:52 PM
Wow I get 12 favorable months!!!!!!!!!! guess its going to be a good year!
I am born The year of the horse , the month of the horse and the hour of the horse:riding2:
Doll

Diva
02-15-2010, 09:12 PM
I was born in the Year of the Snake.

What? I couldn't have gotten a CUTE creature? ;)
And I'm to have 2 favorable months and 10 unfavorable months.

Pardon me, but I shall be defiant. Hmph. :eyebat:

Blaze
02-15-2010, 09:15 PM
OX: 29% (2 favorable and 10 unfavorable months)
Worst of all I am a Metal Ox, let alone an Aries, that makes 2 stubborn personalities in one. But I am a steadfast person, so I plow on....

Linus
02-15-2010, 09:17 PM
Wow I get 12 favorable months!!!!!!!!!! guess its going to be a good year!
I am born The year of the horse , the month of the horse and the hour of the horse:riding2:
Doll

You and me both (I'm a metal dog). To add to my 12 months I get this:

Since this is a Metal year, those people born in an Earth one will generally fare better than others of their animal sign, while those born in a Wood one are likely to do worse. It’s also slightly negative for those born in a Fire year and mildly positive for Water sign people. Finally, those born in a Metal year will be in their element and do well if their animal sign is compatible with the Tiger but could run into lots of confrontations if not.

Since Horse and Dog are the two most favourable signs (http://www.findyourfate.com/CHINESEASTRO/grid.htm) with the Tiger, overall should be an awesome year. :paw:

Gemme
02-15-2010, 09:17 PM
I was born in the Year of the Snake.

What? I couldn't have gotten a CUTE creature? ;)
And I'm to have 2 favorable months and 10 unfavorable months.

Pardon me, but I shall be defiant. Hmph. :eyebat:

You got a creature that is highly intelligent, full of curves (without a smidgen of cellulite, I might add!) that changes its clothes regularly, and does incredible things with its tongue. :heartbeat:

I'm a big kitty kat (just ignore the super sharp claws and stalking)! :rollcat: :playingcat:

Gemme
02-15-2010, 09:20 PM
Stolen from Linus's post: Since this is a Metal year, those people born in an Earth one will generally fare better than others of their animal sign, while those born in a Wood one are likely to do worse. It’s also slightly negative for those born in a Fire year and mildly positive for Water sign people. Finally, those born in a Metal year will be in their element and do well if their animal sign is compatible with the Tiger but could run into lots of confrontations if not.

Ahhhhhh, that explains it. I'm a Wood Tiger. DammitalltoHell (but not too close to the flames....wood burns!). :blink:

Duchess
03-30-2010, 02:10 AM
http://www.ivstatic.com/files/et/imagecache/300/files/blog_articles/chinese_101_detail_dragon_0.gif
DRAGON: 63% (9 favorable and 3 unfavorable months)
The Tiger does not take a back seat to the Dragon when it comes to being outrageous. It could be a spectacular year for this high flying duo. On the other hand Metal is unlucky for the Dragon and, therefore, you. There are thus likely to be a few times you will crash and burn. The key is not to get too caught up in the moment. Be thoughtful and avoid unnecessary risk. You can't beat the Tiger this year, but joining forces will pay off. If you can bring yourself to exhibit a little self control, the year 2010 could be a most rewarding one indeed. Regardless of the outcomes, you will no doubt have a most exciting time. So enjoy yourself and move out smartly during the nine favorable months, and tread lightly in the other three.
Career
The Tiger ushers in a year of uncertainty and rapidly changing conditions, circumstances in which the Dragon is uniquely suited to thrive where others may stumble. Professionally, Dragons who felt their progress was stymied during the last Ox year will find abundant new prospects to explore. A new position or role could be promising, and if you are seeking a change, you are best poised to pursue opportunities early in the year or in the fall. When taking action on the career front, however, you are advised to do so in close collaboration with colleagues or superiors. Your endeavors are more likely to have the desired outcome when you gain support early instead of going it alone. Seek valuable insights from respected leaders in your field.
Relationships
It will be important to the Dragon's health to deliberately set aside time for extracurricular pursuits that will allow you to unwind and release tension. You may need to schedule exercise and personal care activities as if they were important appointments. If you wait for free time to take care of yourself, it will not happen. Mentally, you could benefit from pushing yourself or taking new risks, even in your leisurely pursuits. You may be surprised at how quickly you master a new skill. Activities that boost your confidence will improve your psychological fitness to cope with the challenges of this Tiger Year.
Health
The best thing Dragons can do for their health in a Tiger year is curb excess. Whether it is overindulgence, too much stress, or too little sleep, your tendency will be to extremes that can have a damaging impact on your health. Some vigilance here should help prevent illnes in the short and long term. Even if you can't change your habits, don't discount the importance of frequent exercise and plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables as moderating factors. From a mental health standpoint, it will serve you well this year to be very open with trusted confidantes. Don't bottle up your feelings; things will seem more manageable when you talk them through.
Wealth
Good financial prospects should not prevent the Dragon from watching pennies in the Year of the Tiger. Your fortune could be increasing, but money will go out faster than it comes in without some deliberate restraint. Lucrative opportunities should present themselves, but guard against greed. Don't push your luck on risky investments. You may not feel the need for thrift this year, but an ambitious savings (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/#) plan could bolster your long term prospects. Resist unnecessary luxuries that may seem particularly enticing to you, and this year of plenty could go a long way to building your fortune.