PDA

View Full Version : An Emergency Call for Help...

HeartBreak Kid
03-01-2010, 04:31 PM
Ok,
So many of you know me, or know of me, or have either been amused/enraged.enthralled/apathetic to my rantings.....

IF you do know me, you know how incredibly hard this post is for me to write....However I checked my e-mail and I had something from my grandma that mentioned "pride goes before the fall"

WELL.....im falling............(big sigh)

Edited ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cutting the Bullshyt (cause this is embarrassing) I NEED resources to find low income housing. And a JOB......

Now let me just say, I have a yahoo jobs account, Monster account, careerbuilder account, indeed jobs account, ajc jobs account and every other online job search agent account.....I apply to approximately 10-20 jobs a day but still nothing.....

So I am hoping somebody knows someone in HR that can put me through to a job (Please)....

My background is administrative assistant/executive assistant and paralegal work.
BUT im willing to do just about anything......

As far as housing......the shelters are FULL.....all of them.......
i have less than $400.00/month income for two people.....and i need help ASAP....

If anyone has any information please PM me and i can get into more detail OR forward you my resume....

Also work from home jobs rock too!.......all I have found require an investment of some sort....and I just dont have the money....

Thank you

Tommi
03-01-2010, 06:20 PM
Ok,
So many of you know me, or know of me, or have either been amused/enraged.enthralled/apathetic to my rantings.....

IF you do know me, you know how incredibly hard this post is for me to write....However I checked my e-mail and I had something from my grandma that mentioned "pride goes before the fall"

Here is the deal.....I live in Atlanta and WAS taking care of someone....they turned out to be extremely abusive and has today decided to put my son and myself out on the streets.....
Ordinarily this wouldn't be a big deal.....but I am now also unemployed.

Cutting the Bullshyt (cause this is embarrassing) I NEED resources to find low income housing. And a JOB......

Now let me just say, I have a yahoo jobs account, Monster account, careerbuilder account, indeed jobs account, ajc jobs account and every other online job search agent account.....I apply to approximately 10-20 jobs a day but still nothing.....

So I am hoping somebody knows someone in HR that can put me through to a job (Please)....

My background is administrative assistant/executive assistant and paralegal work.

i have less than $400.00/month income for two people.....and i need help ASAP....

If anyone has any information please PM me and i can get into more detail OR forward you my resume....

Also work from home jobs rock too!.......all I have found require an investment of some sort....and I just dont have the money....

Thank you
Been there, so I know the emergency appea.

So, just Throwing this out just in case you haven't contacted them.

:brightbulb:Salvation Army, local churches hot lines

:brightbulb:Caretaking a needy senior for room and board,

:brightbulb:Getting to a local motel or hotel and offering maid service ASAP.

Good luck and sending some good energy your way.

Tommi

Strappie
03-01-2010, 06:31 PM
Ok,

Here is the deal.....I live in Atlanta and WAS taking care of someone....they turned out to be extremely abusive and has today decided to put my son and myself out on the streets.....
Ordinarily this wouldn't be a big deal.....but I am now also unemployed.

Thank you

If I was in your area or knew of something I would help you without a doubt. I hope people from your area come to your time of need.

Good luck to you!! Things will happen for you for sure. You are taking the right steps by networking!! It's a powerful thing!

Spirit Dancer
03-01-2010, 06:35 PM
Emergency Shelter is provided at:

Downtown Atlanta Shelter (The Shepherd's Inn)
Howell Mill Road Campus (My Sister's House)

If you need emergency shelter, contact:

Men's Services: (404) 367-2493
Women and Children's Services: (404) 367-2465

Jet
03-01-2010, 06:35 PM
Call Hosea for the homeless and hungry. Ask them for referrals for your county to get help to get your situation under control. I don't know what county you're in. Fulton, Dekalb, Cobb, Gwinette?

www.hoseafeedthehungry.com/

Are you disabled in any way? Apply for SSI disability right away as a backup.

I would do these two things for starters. Organizations have referrals and links to resources that you'll need.

Spirit Dancer
03-01-2010, 06:36 PM
http://www.atlantahousing.org/profile/CATALYST/index.cfm?fuseaction=guide

Spirit Dancer
03-01-2010, 06:40 PM
http://www.atlantachildrensshelter.com/

Jet
03-01-2010, 06:44 PM
Also, call the Department of Human Services for agency listings and additional referrals for immediate assistance.

http://dhs.georgia.gov/portal/site/DHS/

SuperFemme
03-01-2010, 07:17 PM
http://www.ourhousega.org/resources.html

Atlanta Day Shelter for Women and Children Inc. (http://www.homelessshelterdirectory.org/cgi-bin/id/shelter.cgi?shelter=7142) (404)876-2894
655 Ethel Street NW Atlanta, GA 30318

Atlanta Temple Salvation Army
2090 North Druid Hills Road
Atlanta, GA 30307
Phone Number: (404)315-7499
Food Assistance
Shelter Information Last Update Date: 2010-01-25 09:03:10

Good Samaritan Homeless Center for Women with Children (Atlanta)
1117 Perimeter Center West Suite 500E
Atlanta, GA 30338
Phone Number: (770)399-8810
Women and Children
Shelter Information Last Update Date: 2010-01-25 09:

Jefferson Place Emergency Shelter (Atlanta)
1135 Jefferson St NW
Atlanta, GA 30318
Phone Number: (404)874-0412
Men
Shelter Information Last Update Date: 2010-01-25 09:03:11

The Open Door Community Soup Kitchen (Atlanta)
910 Ponce de Leon Ave. NE
Atlanta, GA 30306
Phone Number: (404)874-9652
Provide breakfasts and soup-kitchen lunches free medical clinic

Trinity Urban Ministries of Atlanta (Trinity Table & Trinity House)
265 Washington Street SW
Atlanta, GA 30303
Phone Number: (404)577-6651
Provide food Clothing

Atlanta Union
165 Alexander Street NW
Atlanta, GA 30301
Phone Number: (510)253-7967

The_Lady_Snow
03-01-2010, 07:22 PM
My mother works directly with the St Vincent De Paul Society....

I can get you the help, if you truly need it.

You know how to contact me...

HeartBreak Kid
03-01-2010, 07:45 PM
Thank you everybody.....
I will call on those reasources in the AM......some of those shelters are full I checked.....

Snow,
I sent you a PM.....

Also I have someplace for my son to go till the school year ends.....I am really looking for a JOB and somplace with affordable housing....

Thank you.......

robbrt
03-02-2010, 10:56 AM
:thumbsup:

Thank You!

Thank You!

Thank You!!!!

To everyone for gathering information and helping Heart.

This is greatly appreciated!

Thank You!

coach
03-02-2010, 12:14 PM
You might try getting a gig with the census. They are testing for it now and even though it's only temporary, and part time, it does pay pretty well and will start soon. paid training as well. http://2010.census.gov/2010censusjobs/ Hope it helps.

HeartBreak Kid
03-02-2010, 12:52 PM
Thank you....I set up a time to take the test with them......:glasses:

SuperFemme
03-02-2010, 01:26 PM
HBK, I called these people

http://www.midtownassistancectr.org/need_assistance/index.html

They can get you in touch with the Housing Authority and one time assistance program we discussed on the phone last night. I'm not sure which zip code you're in, but they said to give a call....

ETA: I just spoke to the Housing Authority and because of funding cuts, they don't have the one time assist. They said to call United Way for a similar program by dialing 211 within GA. Hope that helps.

HeartBreak Kid
03-02-2010, 02:36 PM
Update....
I have contacted the united way and received some links to other resources. Unfortunately due to budget cuts most of the programs have either been phased out or are full......:wallbreak:
Thank you all for your help.....I will let you know as soon as I get a lead on a job or housing

~HBK~

SuperFemme
03-02-2010, 02:39 PM
christ the economy sucks. :cooking:

cara
03-02-2010, 03:39 PM
HBK-Have you tried applying with any temp agencies in your area?

Take care and all my best sent to you and your son!

:stillheart:

cara

HeartBreak Kid
03-02-2010, 03:49 PM

cara

Yea im registered at the temp agencies here....they just have no work.........

femmy1
03-02-2010, 04:03 PM
I don't have any help to offer, but i can and will pray for you !!
f1~

HeartBreak Kid
03-02-2010, 04:19 PM

cara

The following is the generic e-mail I recieve when submitting my resume to my local staffing agencies:

Thank you for forwarding your resume to xxxxxxxx. If you have not already done so please submit your resume in Word format. Due to the overwhelming response we have had recently to our print and online advertisements we are currently in the midst of reviewing a large volume of resumes. If after reviewing your credentials we feel that we currently have an employment opportunity that matches your skill set we will be in contact with you. In the meantime we will retain your resume in our database. Thank you again for your interest in xxxxxxxxx

Crazy........

TIMBERWOLF
03-02-2010, 04:42 PM
The following is the generic e-mail I recieve when submitting my resume to my local staffing agencies:

Thank you for forwarding your resume to xxxxxxxx. If you have not already done so please submit your resume in Word format. Due to the overwhelming response we have had recently to our print and online advertisements we are currently in the midst of reviewing a large volume of resumes. If after reviewing your credentials we feel that we currently have an employment opportunity that matches your skill set we will be in contact with you. In the meantime we will retain your resume in our database. Thank you again for your interest in xxxxxxxxx

Crazy........

I got so many of those emails i have a folder for them in my email. I have been using Agency's but I just found my job by Indeed.com and got hired today after 2 days of interviews. Believe me Houston has a lot of jobs available. Not sure about Atlanta Ga. Good Luck HBK
TIMBER

Tommi
03-02-2010, 08:52 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/wootdesigncontestentries/AKVortex/Love_Makes_the_World_Go_Round__-1ee4x0-d.jpg
Help comes From one corner of the Planet to another.. Glad the kiddo has as a safe place.
Best regards,

Tommi

Tommi
03-02-2010, 08:54 PM
I got so many of those emails i have a folder for them in my email. I have been using Agency's but I just found my job by Indeed.com and got hired today after 2 days of interviews. Believe me Houston has a lot of jobs available. Not sure about Atlanta Ga. Good Luck HBK
TIMBER

Congrats Timber... yes Indeed...:vigil:

Tommi

Rockinonahigh
03-02-2010, 10:57 PM
HBK give snagajob.com ....usajobs.com and topusajobs.com a try.I got on snaga job and right off got a ton of listings,they even give u the address and phone number of the company wich I found easyer to go to and get an a pplication than do one on line cause im not to good at that sort of things.
Good luck ans I will pray u get something soon...good luck.

HeartBreak Kid
03-03-2010, 02:53 AM
Thank you all for your help.

I was unaware of the proper protocol or edicate and I apologize for using this Website to ask/beg for help.
I am asking that the moderators delete this thread or at least delete my posts from this thread as there are some great resources we can all use.

FYI update: My son will be living with his grandparents until I can get my life together. He will NOT be homeless....

Thank you
~HBK~

Duchess
03-03-2010, 03:55 AM
Check out clarkhoward.com (clarkhoward.com)for legitimate work at home jobs that do not require an investment. Also check out Georgia Department of Labor's instantjoblistings.com.

Good luck sweetie.(f)

Duchess

Andrew, Jr.
03-03-2010, 07:56 AM
HBK,

I just saw this. I am so very sorry. You and your son are in my thoughts and prayers.

Namaste,
Andrew

theoddz
03-03-2010, 09:06 AM
Would you be, perhaps, a Veteran?? I might be able to help you with resources, if you are.

You most certainly have my thoughts and prayers, HBK. Things will work out. Don't get discouraged, tho I know that's MUCH easier said than done. :bunchflowers:

~Theo~ :bouquet:

HeartBreak Kid
03-04-2010, 09:28 PM
:bananasplit: