PDA

View Full Version : The Beauty of Age...

IrishGrrl
03-01-2010, 09:11 PM
Something I've been thinking alot about lately is aging. I'm 35 (still young), but am becoming acutely aware that the clock is ticking. I cant say I'm unafraid of what may lie ahead. At the same time...there are things that I find wonderful..beautiful about aging.

What do you find beautiful about aging?

Goofy
03-01-2010, 09:15 PM

That I'm still alive at 40! :D

Artdecogoddess
03-01-2010, 09:15 PM
Cool thread idea IG!
I like that I feel less foolish each year - I care more about me and what I think and way less about what other folks think.

Goofy
03-01-2010, 09:18 PM
Cool thread idea IG!
I like that I feel less foolish each year - I care more about me and what I think and way less about what other folks think.

Well come visit my house and you can feel more Foolish (the :dog: LOL)

Artdecogoddess
03-01-2010, 09:23 PM
Well come visit my house and you can feel more Foolish (the :dog: LOL)
Awwww sweet Foolish - I will feel him anytime. Love me some puppy dogs.

Diva
03-01-2010, 09:28 PM
I like having "57 Doesn't Suck" on my cake and being able to smile that it wasn't MY idea to put that on the cake....and to realize that 57 DOESN'T suck!

And I agree, ADG.....You come to discover what is truly important in life. :nerd:

:sparklyheart:

Soft*Silver
03-01-2010, 09:59 PM
I love being a silver femme..aging gracefully. Ever since I was a young child, I have marveled at bodies that are aged. I remember my next door neighbor, Marie, as she slipped off her dress one day, because she had spilled something on the front of it. I had never seen any other woman near-naked other than my then, younger mother. Marie's body was so intricate...unlike me, so smooth with youth, her body was smooth pathways of skin that flowed and pooled into one another. The whiteness of her mature body seemed to show her veins like rivers that sparkled almost under the thinning skin. Her skin no longer clung to her meat and bones like mine did. No, hers hung like beautiful spanish moss..softly moving with her, offering trails of movement with grace of practiced dancers...

ever since that moment, I have honored the aging process. I yearned for it. Indeed, in my 50s I am more beautiful than I have ever been. My eyes are bright and they shine...but you see the wisdom reflect in them as well. My skin is flawless...especially with the soft laugh lines around my eyes and the gentle plumpness of my jawline as it relaxes finally. My breasts are still somewhat firm, but yes, the gravity has dropped them some but oh my...they remain so responsive and if they could talk..they are very happy with memories of the life they have lived...and what more life has in store for them. My hair is stunningly silver...all different colors and hues of silver and the curly bounce I once had, that I had lost after giving birth and later from over processing it with hair dyes, has returned ...the whispy curls soften my face and frame my smile that shines because inside, I am happy...happy with myself...as a silver femme...

I am more beautiful now than I have ever been....

AtLast
03-01-2010, 10:33 PM
Cool thread idea IG!

Isn't this simply liberating!? And frankly, retirement is another path to fulfillment without feeling the weight of obligation to anyone but yourself.

Bring the wrinkles and gray hair on! I want to be a crone!

Jet
03-01-2010, 10:42 PM
Something I've been thinking alot about lately is aging. I'm 35 (still young), but am becoming acutely aware that the clock is ticking. I cant say I'm unafraid of what may lie ahead. At the same time...there are things that I find wonderful..beautiful about aging.

Not one thing. I'm 53.

Soft*Silver
03-01-2010, 11:11 PM
thats a shame. Jet. I never knew you when you were younger but I have to tell you, you are a fine FINE looking mature man...such depth of character in seen in your eyes and your self image resonates in your photos.

You know, at this age, I no longer want a young one. I want the body that has plowed through time and came out of fires of passions and tragedies. I was appalled when a young one wanted to date me last year. He called me a cougar..as though that was a compliment! I am not to be wasted on the young. Only the kings of age may court me...

Not one thing. I'm 53.

Gemme
03-02-2010, 12:32 AM
I can see the beauty in aging in others. Not so much in myself, however. I love the look of youth and I love the look of the wise but the process in between is not my favorite stage. To me, it's kind of awkward, like another puberty.

I remember always wanting to touch my grandmother's face, with its dewy soft folds and laugh lines. She earned them, she would inform me. I'm sure when I am at that point...at that age...I will see things with a clearer eye and the stuff that I am frantically attempting to hold onto won't seem so important anymore. And maybe I'll have some interesting stories for some other precocious little girl one day.

AtLast
03-02-2010, 12:38 AM
That I'm still alive at 40! :D

Oh, and I bet you can tell some hella stories!

:bandkiss:

Soft*Silver
03-02-2010, 09:38 AM
I remember as a child, begging my father not to remove the training wheels off my first two wheel bike. NOOOOOOOOOOOO I cried, holding onto him. He said "you can do this" NOOOOOOOOOO I begged. He said "Just let go and forget what you think you need..."

and then HE let go...and it was do or fall...and I DID instead of falling. Taught me a lesson. When I hold on with franticness, I get nowhere. Not further ahead, physically as well as emotionally.

Change comes, whether we want to or not. Its just another two speed bike. If you want to keep the training wheels on forever the bigger kids are eventually gonna laugh and point. Learn to ride the big bike and enjoy the wind in your face.....

I remember always wanting to touch my grandmother's face, with its dewy soft folds and laugh lines. She earned them, she would inform me. I'm sure when I am at that point...at that age...I will see things with a clearer eye and the stuff that I am frantically attempting to hold onto won't seem so important anymore. And maybe I'll have some interesting stories for some other precocious little girl one day.

Soft*Silver
03-02-2010, 04:51 PM
I had a marvelous time at Barnes and Noble today. (My dog was getting groomed and I had time to kill) I started off with a cappichino. In front of me in line was a very old gentleman, all decked out in a suit, and tie, using a three pronged cane. He had a foreign accent...like austrian almost. Very frail but his eyes beamed and he was abviously someone who came there alot for the staff all knew him and how he liked his drink. When it came time to pay, I stepped up and said, it was on me. An act of random kindness and a salute to the gentle nature of the man. Oh he beamed at me and was so flushed and accepted it with such a genteelness...and then he said something that made my day "How nice it is to be treated by such a lovely young woman"....

age is relative. What you do with it, is absolute...

LieslKate
03-02-2010, 04:56 PM
I love being 54... I am barely middle age, my Mum lived to 91, my Nana 97, Grt Nana 95... I got a ways to go yet...

I am a PRIME Canadian Femme !
:goodscore:

BestButchBoy
03-02-2010, 04:57 PM
For me, I think a woman in her 40s comes into her own and is quite radiant. That isn't to say, that a young woman isn't beautiful too. But, there is something about a confident, sexy, sensual woman who knows herself and is comfortable in her own skin. Often, age brings out a woman's inner beauty which augments her physical beauty.

I wouldn't hesitate to date an older woman (or a younger one! ha!) that I found that has all of these qualities that I have describe above.

And, we all know, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Furthermore, forget your age and live your life. If you're not getting older, well, you're dead. ha!

Just one boy's opinion.

Apocalipstic
03-02-2010, 05:11 PM
I like it that I am a grown woman!

Finally at 46. :)

miss entycing
03-02-2010, 09:46 PM
at 43... the beauty of aging for me....
I'm seeing a few silver strands of hair...
I see the beginnings of little lines at the corners of my eyes...
I feel all 43 years in my hips when they ache...
and trust me... there are many days I just feel old.
:sigh:

at 43... the beauty of aging for me....
I rock the hell outta stilettos with my 43 year old legs...
slowpitch me a softball... and watch me nail it over the fence-
and my 43 year old green eyes with lines in the corners still look sexy as hell- even in bi-focals.
:eyebat:

just as fine aged wine..... I just feel phenomenol.. and I just get better.
:cheer:

Spirit Dancer
03-03-2010, 12:53 AM
With age comes wisdom and beauty untold
Still have a swivel in my hips
a softness in my lips
a line here and there
but by far beauty everywhere
wisdom and lessons
carried through time
beauty with age
I own mine

ETA: I love every curve, silver hair and wrinkle that has become the essence of me.

Sweet Bliss
10-07-2013, 01:08 PM
Nice thread, thought others might like to revisit or visit for the first time.

:)

imperfect_cupcake
10-07-2013, 01:32 PM
omg, I am thankful for every coming year taking me further from my youth. the self knowledge is worth more money than could possibly be counted. Quite sincerely, you could not pay me enough money to get younger. no thank you!!!!!!!

And like another poster, I feel I am more sexy and better looking at 44 than I was at 24 or 34. I am also wild with sex skillz at this age now. I could juggle flaming dildos on a trampoline now. ha.

Scots_On_The_Rocks
10-07-2013, 02:05 PM

Am a "youngin" myself (36), but I find the older I get...the less I care about what people think of me. Also, I am learning to live my life for me.