Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What Was The Last Movie You Saw? Welcome Cinephiles. (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3165)

Gemme 02-08-2015 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blade (Post 969866)
The Mase very weird movie. Mechanical spiders smh

Are you talking about this?

Kelt 02-08-2015 09:13 AM

Southern Comfort 2001

Documentary, good but also disturbing.

Blade 02-08-2015 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gemme (Post 969898)
Are you talking about this?

Yes and it looks like I missed the Z pecking on my phone. It was different, it was ok. Not what I normally would watch nor what I thought it would be

Fancy 02-11-2015 12:19 PM

Anyone have thoughts on Birdman?

I passed it by when it was in the local theater, but now I'm wondering if I was too quick to dismiss it. It seems to have caught some awards.

deathbypoem 02-11-2015 02:22 PM

Not so much a "movie" but a BAD ASS Series on Netflix that I couldn't shake. Much less, stop watching. This show was/is one of my favorites on Netflix right now! I binge watched 4 seasons in less than a week!

I refuse to describe anything else. :)

kittygrrl 02-12-2015 12:54 AM

"Dracula Untold"

*Anya* 02-13-2015 10:16 PM

John Wick

Ultra-violent but as Rotten Tomatoes also says:

"Critics Consensus: Stylish, thrilling, and giddily kinetic, John Wick serves as a satisfying return to action for Keanu Reeves -- and what looks like it could be the first of a franchise".

I have enjoyed it a lot but I do love action films if they are well-done.

This one is.

:movieguy:

JDeere 02-13-2015 10:19 PM

Ouija 2014

A group of friends must confront their most terrifying fears when they awaken the dark powers of an ancient spirit board.

I give it 5 out of 5 stars!

Canela 02-13-2015 10:47 PM

The Wedding Ringer

Kevin Hart is insane...I love him!

CherryWine 02-13-2015 11:06 PM

Just watched Nightcrawler with Jake Gyllenhall and Rene Russo.

I have to say, JG does an excellent job acting as a creep. Not the best movie I have seen lately, but definitely not the worst either.

gotoseagrl 02-13-2015 11:59 PM

Stonehearst Asylum

http://i61.tinypic.com/8x692b.jpg

Martina 02-14-2015 12:11 AM

The Family with Robert De Niro and Michelle Pfeiffer. Odd film which didn't work, but it had some interesting moments.

Amulette 02-15-2015 04:00 PM

Hemingway & Gellhorn; I found it to be poetic and inspiring.

Gemme 02-15-2015 04:34 PM

I saw this:

I didn't read the books so I'm not sure how close it stayed to them. It was entertaining but there are some issues here and there plus the character of Christian gets on my nerves with his creepiness and flagrant disregard for protocol. Plus I wish they let the actor use his natural accent.

homoe 02-15-2015 05:18 PM

Sat night watched

The Rewrite (2014)Stars: J.K. Simmons, Marisa Tomei, Allison Janney Hugh Grant

An Oscar-winning writer in a slump leaves Hollywood to teach screenwriting at a college on the East Coast, where he falls for a single mom taking classes there.
Enjoyed it, but very predictable IMHO :popcorn:

After this movie however we caught Rosie O’Donnell's A Heartfelt Stand-up on HBO, she had some very funny moments! Check it out!

Bèsame* 02-15-2015 08:30 PM

Yesterday...50 Shades Grey
Quite long, anti climatic 😉
A couple of good songs, lol

Today..Gone Girl
Thrilling, creepy...I recommend it.

JDeere 02-15-2015 08:35 PM

Full Metal Jacket from 1987

A pragmatic U.S. Marine observes the dehumanizing effects the U.S.-Vietnam War has on his fellow recruits from their brutal boot camp training to the bloody street fighting in Hue.

5 out of 5 stars for this, great acting and yes it is an eye opener

Mel C. 02-15-2015 09:51 PM

Elena Undone. I liked it.

candy_coated_bitch 02-16-2015 12:06 AM

I'm paused in the middle of Wolf of Wall Street. I swear I've been watching this movie for a week. It COULD be that I am fucked up on cold medicine, but we will see when I go back to it. It was amusing for like the first three days, but now just seems pointless LOL.

Just needed somewhere to confess that I suppose.

candy_coated_bitch 02-16-2015 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candy_coated_bitch (Post 971722)
I'm paused in the middle of Wolf of Wall Street. I swear I've been watching this movie for a week. It COULD be that I am fucked up on cold medicine, but we will see when I go back to it. It was amusing for like the first three days, but now just seems pointless LOL.

Just needed somewhere to confess that I suppose.

Ok, a couple things.

1) I feel a little better now that I realize this was, in actuality, a very long movie. I wasn't expecting three hours LOL.

2) I also for some odd reason didn't realize it was a Scorcese film. Don't know how I wasn't paying to that fact, but he's not my favorite usually.

Thusly--my reaction of: This was cool for a little while but it's too long and I've had enough all makes sense to me. Thank you for giving me a thread to work that all out. I was able to get back into it after a break, but this movie wasn't anything special to me.