Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Body Beauty, Lifestyles (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   Today, I got rid of...yay! (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=724)

foxyshaman 11-29-2011 11:58 AM

Another two huge garbage bags of clothes that do not fit.
Cleaned out my shelf of plastic containers... where do all those lids come from?
Cleaned out my fridge... not sure what was in that bag... nope not at all
Cleaned out my linen closet, got rid of sheets and pillow cases I am sick of
The one I am most proud of... I sorted through and dealth with every single piece of mail and "tend to later" mail... what a RELIEF... I can't even describe it.

Today, I am going to list a book case, never out of the box, on one of those sites... I thought I had room for it... nope did not.

Miss July 11-29-2011 12:05 PM

Today I got rid of ...........

5 pairs of sandals I never wear anymore
3 shirts that are much too big these days
A stack of old magazine (after I copied the recipes of interest)

foxyshaman 01-10-2012 12:39 PM

more clothes that no longer fit :canadian:

an old game system - kids move, why don't they take everything?? Oh wait I didn't either... :|

10 lbs of beeswax, people just gave it to me, to make candles... I don't know why... they have NEVER seen me do crafts??? :blink:

Books I bought that I will never ever read

Kelt 11-21-2012 05:16 PM

When I was going through a lot of clothes, I would box them up by size and put a one year expiry date on them. If untouched for one year, they go.

Today 5 boxes 'expired' so off to donation they go.

By happy coincidence this might work out for others for the holidays, (wish I had actually planned that).

I intentionally did not open them, but I know there's good stuff in there.

:thanksgiving: :xmascandle:

The car isn't full, I think I'll look around for what else could be better used by others...

Words 11-21-2012 06:13 PM

Two leather jackets that no longer fit me and probably never will.

Hoping to lose one or two sizes is reasonable. Hoping to lose more than that nuts.

Ginger 11-21-2012 08:20 PM

OMG how did I miss this thread!!!

I have found my lost tribe!!!

I love to cull, purge, re-prioritize, reorganize, and lighten the depth of the footprint I make on earth, lighten myself, make myself feel freer, more flexible, more able to embrace change when it hits, because my shell is easy to drag.

For as long as I can remember, I've had a personal rule: If I buy something, I have to get rid of something.

This stops me from making impulse purchases that cause gratuitous repetitions in my household.

Another thing I do is, every three months or so I go through every drawer and closet in my apartment, and start a pile of things I don't wear, didn't like in the first place, just don't want anymore, no matter how "nice" they are.

Then I fold the stuff into a shopping bag and give the best pieces away to someone who needs them (like the lady who cleans our office, who I've known for about ten years). When I'm carrying the bag, I'm very conscious of its weight. That's the weight I'm shedding, in some psychic way. It feels good.

You know how many mugs I have? I have three mugs. I actually want a couple more, but I'll stop at that. I really fight the urge to accrue, and it's easy to internalize that urge, in this culture, where we're bombarded by messages to consume.

Ironically, though, when I live with someone, I am happy to help them organize, get rid of stuff, but I also have no problem tolerating their stuff, as long as it doesn't dominate shared space.

starryeyes 11-21-2012 08:58 PM

I got rid of some resentment I was holding towards a work situation. Yay! No more tummy in knots :)

Gráinne 11-21-2012 09:30 PM

A huge bag of kids' winter coats that are way too small.

A box of those bathroom rugs/toilet covers/bath mats from four bathroom colors ago

A bag of my youngest son's clothes that he's grown out of (the staff keeps them bagged up).

GPS 11-21-2012 09:44 PM

I gave 3 huge bags of 2T, 3T clothes to a homeless shelter today

cinnamongrrl 01-06-2013 07:56 PM

Today I got rid of...

9 boxes (I think) of kleenex that Teddy got free at work...we couldn't possibly use it all. I gave it to my client. He uses a lot of them and it saved him some money...

several egg cartons that I put aside for my mother to take to her friend who sells her chicken's eggs

a clock radio with cassette player that my mother could really use until I find her a replacement for her under the cabinet CD player that bit the dust

TheMerryFairy 01-06-2013 08:01 PM

Today I got rid of a few stray socks laying around the house. They weren't in good enough condition to repurpose. I also decluttered my paper bin, took out the recycled bottles and got rid of one or two things off of my list that I have been wanting to take care of.

Medusa 12-10-2016 02:26 PM

I'm about to cut loose on some books! Goal is to lighten my load by 50 books.

I'll report back with the success or failure ;)

cinnamongrrl 12-10-2016 02:41 PM

I'm finally doing the full tilt boogie on the season exchange of my clothes. (The fall just lingered until yesterday!)

So...anything I didn't wear during the spring/summer is going bye bye. I'm also storing my scrubs since my current job doesn't require them. They are just taking up space in my closet.

I'm getting rid of at least two pairs of shoes after donating probably six pairs over the last year. One of which I had had for probably 8 years and never wore once. So...

I've given myself over to less clutter equals more happiness and Its true. Its so much easier to clean around less STUFF.

homoe 12-10-2016 04:19 PM

I'm a minimalist so I don't have a lot of stuff, but today I started to straighten things up in my closet and came across several summer items I've either not worn or no longer fit. Pants, outer shirts, t-shirts, and old socks that have seen much better days are went into the rag bag!

Seeing that went so well, next I decided to go thru a bunch of paperwork, mostly medical, and purge! I have a MyChart account so hopefully most of the stuff I shredded could be retrieved through that should I ever need it.

I feel tons lighter now:happyjump:

Medusa 12-10-2016 04:26 PM

I'm taking lots of mini-breaks but I've pulled 10 books and counting. Also have filled a garbage bag with clothing for donation and am eye-balling some random craft supplies that will probably be going to the shelter with the rest of it.

WEEEEE for purging! My little Virgo heart is happy!:blueheels:

cinnamongrrl 12-10-2016 05:28 PM

Books

I try to purge books...really I do.

I now keep some books in my car to have as offerings to those sweet free little library boxes. They often need variety in their little lives. Typically it's a lot of smutty romance offerings...and I'm not tempted by those So it's a win win. I give and don't take! Yay to fewer books....although I feel dirty saying that...

Medusa 12-10-2016 05:59 PM

Another mini-break!

I am proud to report that my book pile is up to 24 and I've gathered more clothes and shoes to take to the shelter! I've also discovered that my love of incense is WAY out of control and will be rehoming some of that.

Here's to purging and streamlining our spaces!

Medusa 12-10-2016 11:02 PM

WOW.

Talk about a marathon session of purging and cleaning! HA!

I'm finally calling it quits after putting 44 books into the donate pile and amassing 3 bags of random items to donate and another 2 bags of trash (consisting mostly of papers and empty product boxes).

I started the day with an audiobook but switched over to "Old Skool Rap" a couple of hour ago and it really motivated me.
I'm now rewarding myself with avocado toast and will scald and exfoliate myself in the shower before slathering up with some delicious Sensai body creme and doing a face mask.

I LOVE getting all scrubbed up and soft after a long day of cleaning! And just because I deserve it, I'll spritz with some of my favorite Atelier before bed. DECADENT!

Medusa 07-10-2017 10:25 PM

I cleaned out my fridge tonight and threw out several weird condiments that have been sitting for too long and then I raided the spice cabinet and will be re-homing some of those with a coworker who cooks often :)

girl_dee 07-11-2017 03:59 AM

OH i had no idea about this thread! i LOVE purging!

i recently cleaned out my closet and got rid of 20 copies of resume's, tons of old business cards with my old name on them, some paperwork i no longer need, some photos i don't want to see, some old appointment book and a huge binder full of stuff i don't use for my money mindset group.

Making space feels amazing!