Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What are you reading? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1589)

Kelt 12-12-2014 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fancy (Post 955754)
All the Light We Cannot See
by Anthony Doerr

The arc of this novel has tethered me to a long sweet wave that I cannot resist riding. Ok, enough poetic mush, but it's true...this book is damn good.

:)

Well, you convinced me. I just added it to my library queue. :glasses:

Kätzchen 12-12-2014 04:02 PM

I am, of course, still waiting for Erik Larson's newest book which is due out in March, this coming spring ... Dead Awake (is the title, I think). Situated during the post-Edwardian era, and connecting with the history surrounding the Titanic, it's a story of factual events that transpired on the Lusitania (the ship that picked up the surviving passengers of the Titanic).

I've also been reading up on other companies, conducting miniature studies, of possible places for employment, in the near future.

snowbrdr303 12-13-2014 07:55 AM

Just started Finding Beauty in a Broken World by Terry Tempest Williams.

I'm pretty excited to have rediscovered this author, even though I'm only maybe 40 pages in. I first read Refuge when I was in college and I can say it was a seriously influential book to me (and a contributing force for me moving west). As it turns out my sister just started working/assisting Terry via a land conservation group and she recently sent the book to me.

The official blurb for Finding Beauty in a Broken World:
"Shards of glass can cut and wound or magnify a vision," Terry Tempest Williams tells us. "Mosaic celebrates brokenness and the beauty of being brought together." Ranging from Ravenna, Italy, where she learns the ancient art of mosaic, to the American Southwest, where she observes prairie dogs on the brink of extinction, to a small village in Rwanda where she joins genocide survivors to build a memorial from the rubble of war, Williams searches for meaning and community in an era of physical and spiritual fragmentation. In her compassionate meditation on how nature and humans both collide and connect, Williams affirms a reverence for all life, and constructs a narrative of hopeful acts, taking that which is broken and creating something whole.

Talon 12-17-2014 10:16 AM

Beautiful.....

Selected letters of James Joyce
by Richard Ellman

SmoothButch 12-26-2014 07:25 PM

Hitler's First Victims by Timothy Ryback.

Having visted Auschwitz & Birkenau in Poland, the Holocaust is something that
I continue to learn about. So hard to believe it was not that long ago.

deathbypoem 12-27-2014 11:24 AM

http://sketchbw.files.wordpress.com/...pg?w=545&h=798

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/art/blog...win_sirius.jpg

Cailin 12-27-2014 01:58 PM

The lover's secret by j.c reed

I'm a sucker for romance in books, eventhought this is more of a "boom boom" book.

puddin' 12-27-2014 02:28 PM

"gray mountain", by john grisham

"lost in crazytown", by robert bryndza & jan bryndza

though vera diff'rent genres, both are really good reads...

homoe 01-09-2015 04:15 PM

Missing Reels....

Author Farran Smith Nehme :New York late 1980s. Ceinwen Reilly has just moved from Yazoo City, Mississippi, and she’s never going back, minimum wage job (vintage store salesgirl) and shabby apartment (Avenue C walkup) be damned.

Even though I earlier posted about just starting this book, wanted to give a quick update. Great writing, interesting characters, a mystery, and even a romance! Book was truly a gem!

homoe 01-09-2015 05:11 PM

Graeme Simsion's Rosie Effect...

I’ve just started the Rosie Effect and yes, it’s a continuance of the Rosie Project!

If you enjoy an anal retentive character, which is so well organized they must plan and calculates every event right down to the last minuscule, no doubt you’ll howl with laughter at Don. If your tastes in characters run more towards a free sprit, who flies by the seat of her pants, you’re going to love Rosie!

Bard 01-09-2015 05:41 PM

Currently reading The Descent Series By S M Reine someone turned me on to this author and I am loving it I have already finished two other of her series and really got hooked. She has a way of drawing you into the story and not letting go. I can not seem to put the books down

Kätzchen 01-09-2015 05:44 PM

A Town Called Alice

(Nevil Shute, Vintage Books, NY, NY, 1950).

Bard 01-09-2015 08:56 PM

I also have the new Steven King book to read next that a super awesome person got me for Christmas super stoked to start it

Venus007 01-10-2015 11:41 AM

Rereading "Lord of the Rings" for the umpty-fourth time, I usually reread it once a year or so.
I just finished rereading the "Silmarillion" and needed to revisit my old friends in Middle Earth

Daktari 01-10-2015 04:00 PM

The Vegan Witch's Toad by our own Leftwritefemme. I adore the characters already.

About to start The Rosie Effect [thanks for the reminder that it was already out homoe] and thoroughly looking forward to it.

Talon 01-12-2015 10:51 AM

The Gift Of Fear by Gavin De Becker

jools66 01-12-2015 11:21 AM

the book "Carol"

Hi there everyone
I am reading a book calle Carol written by patricia highsmith.
Its a great. Book

C0LLETTE 01-12-2015 04:24 PM

I'm reading "Out of Time", by Paula Martinac, for a GLBT book club. I've been on page 4 for about a week now. I may have nothing to say at the meeting next week.

Kätzchen 01-28-2015 03:01 AM

Title: IQ84

Author: Haruki Murakami

I picked it up at the library, today.
I plan to read all of it on Sunday.

: )

FemmeBibliophile 01-28-2015 12:08 PM

Dark Gold- Christine Feehan