Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Quotes, Poems, & Sayings... (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111)

Arwen 12-22-2009 02:10 AM

Those who find ugly meanings in beautiful things are corrupt without
being charming. This is a fault. ~ Oscar Wilde.

Just_G 12-22-2009 10:22 AM

People spend a lifetime searching for happiness; looking for peace. They chase idle dreams, addictions, religions, even other people, hoping to fill the emptiness that plagues them. The irony is the only place they ever needed to search was within.

Stolen from a friend's FB page today!

Andrew, Jr. 12-22-2009 10:42 AM

"Can love be defined? No, if you live it. And yes, in all other cases." Vadim Kotelnikov

la_la 12-23-2009 01:35 AM

Still Popular

Do unto others as you would have others do unto you. - Jesus of Nazareth

always2late 12-23-2009 06:26 AM

"A great attitude does much more than turn on the lights in our worlds; it seems to magically connect us to all sorts of serendipitous opportunities that were somehow absent before the change." - Earl Nightingale

weatherboi 12-23-2009 08:22 AM

In many ways, the work of a critic is easy. We risk very little yet enjoy a position over those who offer up their work and their selves to our judgment. We thrive on negative criticism, which is fun to write and to read. But the bitter truth we critics must face, is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. But there are times when a critic truly risks something, and that is in the discovery and defense of the new. The world is often unkind to new talent, new creations, the new needs friends. Last night, I experienced something new, an extraordinary meal from a singularly unexpected source. To say that both the meal and its maker have challenged my preconceptions about fine cooking is a gross understatement. They have rocked me to my core. In the past, I have made no secret of my disdain for Chef Gusteau's famous motto: Anyone can cook. But I realize, only now do I truly understand what he meant. Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere. It is difficult to imagine more humble origins than those of the genius now cooking at Gusteau's, who is, in this critic's opinion, nothing less than the finest chef in France. I will be returning to Gusteau's soon, hungry for more.

Anton Ego from the movie Ratatouille

purepisces 12-23-2009 09:11 AM

I must write it all out, at any cost. Writing is thinking. It is more than living, for it is being conscious of living.
~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

jenny 12-23-2009 11:44 AM

"If you can't feed a hundred people, then just feed one." ~ Mother Teresa

Ms. Meander 12-23-2009 08:01 PM

"Dare to be naive."
~ Buckminster Fuller

Diva 12-23-2009 10:59 PM

Disappointments are to the soul what the thunder-storm is to the air.

~Friedrich von Schtiller

Arwen 12-23-2009 11:41 PM

Anyone can cook! Chef Gusteau from Ratatouille

weatherboi 12-24-2009 05:28 AM

Superladies? They're always trying to tell you their secret identity... think it'll strengthen the relationship or something like that. I say, "Girl, I don't wanna know about your mild-mannered alter ego or anything like that. I mean, you tell me you're, uh... S-Super, Mega, Ultra Lightning Babe, that's alright with me. I'm good... I'm good.

Lucius from the move The Incredibles.
Love Samual L. Jackson

always2late 12-24-2009 07:03 AM

"He who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance; one cannot fly into flying." - Friedrich Nietzsche

daisygrrl 12-24-2009 07:07 AM

Christmas, children, is not a date. It is a state of mind.
~Mary Ellen Chase

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.
~Charles Dickens

Merry Xmas, ya'll!!!:cc:

Ms. Meander 12-24-2009 07:36 AM

twofer

"The best way out is always through."
~ Robert Frost

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
~ Thomas Edison

Arwen 12-24-2009 10:08 AM

I'm too old for this sort of thing. Just wake me up when the planet's destroyed.Avatar, Wizards (1977)

Diva 12-24-2009 10:19 PM

At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person.
Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.

~Albert Schweitzer

Arwen 12-24-2009 11:08 PM

Promise Yourself
  • To be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.
  • To talk health, happiness, and prosperity to every person you meet.
  • To make all your friends feel that there is something worthwhile in them.
  • To look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.
  • To think only of the best, to work only for the best and to expect only the best.
  • To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.
  • To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
  • To wear a cheerful expression at all times and give a smile to every living creature you meet.
  • To give so much time to improving yourself that you have no time to criticize others.
  • To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.
  • To think well of yourself and to proclaim this fact to the world, not in loud word, but in great deeds.
  • To live in the faith that the whole world is on your side, so long as you are true to the best that is in you.
~~Christian D. Larson

purepisces 12-25-2009 01:03 AM

Solitude...

Solitude is painful when one is young, but delightful when one is more mature. ~ Albert Einstein

What a lovely surprise to finally discover how unlonely being alone can be.
~ Ellen Burstyn

always2late 12-25-2009 06:44 AM

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning." - Louis L'Amour