Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
-   -   Your Favorite Documentaries (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5504)

Kätzchen 11-18-2020 09:21 PM

Carl Sagan | The Shores of the Cosmic Ocean (ep1)

Orema 12-19-2020 09:53 AM

Pete Souza - The Way I See It

Just watched The Way I See It by Pete Souza, the Official White House Photojournalist for President Reagan and President Obama.

Saw it for free and without interruptions at peacocktv.com

Quite enjoyed it.

homoe 12-20-2020 09:49 AM

Even if you weren't that much of a fan....

I had no clue that the idea for the movie Saturday Night Fever grew out of a magazine article, and also their career as song writers for other artists...

homoe 12-23-2020 08:19 AM

Alberta Hunter My Castle's Rockin' Trailer.....

homoe 01-05-2021 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homoe (Post 1268802)

Re-watched this and IF you're dealing with an aging parent, sibling, etc this might give you an idea or two on how to bring a bit of sunshine into their life.

homoe 01-05-2021 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homoe (Post 1204835)
306 Hollywood (2018)

When two siblings undertake an archaeological excavation of their late grandmother's house, they embark on a magical-realist journey in search of what life remains in the objects we leave behind.

I really can't claim this is my favorite documentary as its not been released yet nor have i saw it but I do love the concept!

The "going through" possessions of the dearly departed always creeps me out a bit! When I "go" I don't want anyone digging through my stuff or god forbid fighting over it! Perhaps that is why I have always and will always remain a minimalist!

I've got to do research and see if this was ever released and if so, where I can catch it!

homoe 01-05-2021 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homoe (Post 1130802)

A documentary about a custom suiting company for gender nonconforming people proves that clothing is about much more than fashion.

This aired on HBO and if you ever get a chance, check it out!

homoe 01-05-2021 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homoe (Post 1279788)
I've got to do research and see if this was ever released and if so, where I can catch it!

It's on Prime, it's quirky as all get out, and W A Y too long!!!!

Oddly enough I did rather enjoy it for the most part..

homoe 01-05-2021 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homoe (Post 1279809)
It's on Prime, it's quirky as all get out, and W A Y too long!!!!

Oddly enough I did rather enjoy it for the most part..

Sorry I forgot to mention the title is 306 Hollywood, it refers to the grandma's house address.

homoe 01-05-2021 09:46 PM

The Minimalists: Less Is Now

This started airing Jan 1!

If one of your resolutions is too de-clutter in 2012, this just may give you that extra incentive!

Vincent 01-07-2021 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homoe (Post 1279274)

I had no clue that the idea for the movie Saturday Night Fever grew out of a magazine article, and also their career as song writers for other artists...

The Bee Gees played at my local high school,in my sisters time
she is 10 yrs older than me
our School was across from the migrant hostel
AC/DC also was formed in Villawood

they were called 10 pound poms
English working class who pound 10 pounds to come to Australia to boost the population,with white people

Lyte 03-30-2021 10:17 PM

Just finished watching ALLEN v. FARROW on HBO. That was seriously f'ed up on so many levels.

Stone-Butch 03-31-2021 11:52 PM

Favorite documentries

Anything with animals or about the earth.

Orema 05-08-2021 06:52 AM

Watched My Beautiful Stutter on Kanopy.com through ROKU last night. It’s a documentary about a two week camp for children who stutter. It was wonderful to see some of these children meet and bond with others like themselves for the first time, have groups of people listening to them, feeling understood and accepted. Very powerful.