Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Do You Wanna Dance? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5174)

chefhmboyrd 06-21-2012 08:04 PM

latin dances

i would love to learn some ballroom dancing.
Ms Snap and I could cut a rug....
:awww:

She would be super sexy doing the Argentine Tango.
:tongue:
grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

love the the latin dances
paso , samba, merenge......
:tango:

Dance-with-me 10-15-2012 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeftWriteFemme (Post 602638)

This video is brilliant!!!

Dance-with-me 10-15-2012 10:05 PM

Yes, I'd also add merengue, foxtrot and cha-cha.

As for the comments about square dancing, if there's a gay and lesbian square dance group in your area, go and check it out. This is not your gym class square dancing - it's square dancing after a bunch of gay men have gotten hold it of and made it their own! FUN, fun fun, so much fun that even a lot of straight square dancers come to some of the bigger dances and say that they'r just a lot more fun than what they normally do. It's definitely something a butch or femme would be comfortable doing, you do NOT need a partner, and did I mention it's just fun? A great social community as well.

Rockinonahigh 10-15-2012 10:13 PM

The first dance I learned as a five year old was the waltz,me standing on my granpa's feet learnig te steps.it wasn't long till I learned a fue others.I wa spretty go on the dance floor in the disco days...yep,was a blast.

Lasiurus_cinereus 10-15-2012 10:21 PM

Checked the polka and waltz... also I have to add 1-2-3-chacha 1-2-3-chacha... oh and the rumba (slow-quick-quick-slow-quick-quick...)

But don't expect any fancy moves from me, got rather limited dancing skills!

:badscore:

Luv 10-15-2012 10:25 PM

The barn dance !! hehe !:fastdraq:

Dance-with-me 10-15-2012 10:26 PM

Mine was the jitterbug/swing, because my parents were champs - seriously, they won several contests on the different military bases where we were stationed, and they could pull off all the tricks, including my dad swinging my tiny mom around his waist, over his head, down between his legs, tossing her through the air, et.

LOVED it.

But where I really learned to dance was 1971, when I was in 8th grade and I'd lock myself in my room on Saturday to first watch American Bandstand but then watch the REAL dancing on this brand new show that played right after it called Soul Train... I lived for that show, and worked hard to try and match their moves step by step, hip thrust by hip thrust, shimmy by shimmy... ;)

Daktari 10-16-2012 04:09 AM

I can waltz and do the Gay Gordons ...tha's about it. I love dancing though and regularly used to be found dancing like no-one was watching on a stage podium at my local gay club, back in the day.

Have attended salsa classes too but I struggle if the instructors are facing me. Everything's the wrong way round and my brain won't do the spatial conversion :|

Have also learned to shimmy like my drag queen sistahs :cheesy:

Orema 04-02-2024 08:23 AM

I used to do
– the bop (it was an easier version of the jitterbug)
– the 2-step social
– the 3-step social
– the waltz
– the hully gully
– the electric slide
– the mashed potatoes
– the hitch-hiker
– and a few others

These days I can do
– the 2-step social
– the 3-step social
– the hitch-hiker
– senior line dancing

My goal is to be able to do
– the bop
– the hully gully
– the electric slide

Think I'll join a dance class for mature women.

Stone-Butch 04-03-2024 05:20 PM

Do You Wanna Dance?

I was a club member untill it closed down 19 yrs. Never missed a Saturday night. Loved the line dancing, waltzing but mostly the two step, love it. I could do most fast dances with the best of em. I miss it but the owners partner passed away and she could not handle it. Really nice butch. Oh well, life goes on.