Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Cigar and Pipe Lounge (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87)

Andrew, Jr. 12-10-2009 02:32 PM

Linus,

I had no idea about you and Wryly. I am so happy for you guys! Where is the tobacco plant in Florida? I would love to go there. :cigar:

I went to the Dom. Rep. about...12 or more yo with my adopted sister. Back then you had to stay within the resort. It was very unsafe. However, I did bring home some nice stoagies from the resort. The golf course was beautiful, and that is where I ended up making my purchase. Just a great great time. Long flight :flying:, but well worth it. :putting: :golf: :theisland:

Linus 12-10-2009 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew, Jr. (Post 19659)
Linus,

I had no idea about you and Wryly. I am so happy for you guys! Where is the tobacco plant in Florida? I would love to go there. :cigar:

I went to the Dom. Rep. about...12 or more yo with my adopted sister. Back then you had to stay within the resort. It was very unsafe. However, I did bring home some nice stoagies from the resort. The golf course was beautiful, and that is where I ended up making my purchase. Just a great great time. Long flight :flying:, but well worth it. :putting: :golf: :theisland:

J.C. Newman (makers of Diamond Crown Maximus -- one of my favs) is based out of Tampa, Florida. They are the last (over 110 years). Not sure if they still allows tours or what.

Andrew, Jr. 12-10-2009 04:05 PM

JC Newman's...for some reason that sounds familiar. Let me go look at my notes. Be right back. :paw:

Andrew, Jr. 12-10-2009 04:19 PM

Linus,

It is a very small world. They are not doing tours any longer. However, they have a museum on the 2nd floor of their office in Tampa.

In the Dom. Republic - that is pretty much a no no for tours. And the cigars I bought, I got A. Fuente's. I think I may have gotten 2nd's, but they were still good. I am not complaining. From my notes, the cigars were all thumbs up. According to what I wrote down, there was a huge political debate going on over the taxes & laws between the US and Dom. Republic, and the shipping issues. I am going to find their website, and see if it is any different now.

I love talking stoagies. For me, it is like :gotmail:.

Wryly 12-10-2009 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew, Jr. (Post 19557)
Wryly,

Did you know that Linus is from Canada too? OMG...two :cigar::canada::LGBTQFlag:! This is cool. What cigars do you enjoy smoking?

I would love to go to Cuba one day. I want to go to a cigar factory, and see how they produce the cigars in mass quantity from start to finish. And then to be able to buy them, smoke 'em, and bring a few boxes home. :trampoline:

Andrew -
I've known Linus for 4 or 5 years, I think. Waaay back when hy first came out. We met on a different site, PMed back and forth and then met up - been buds ever since. When hy lived in Toronto we'd try to get together and do dinner, PRIDE events, etc. Then hy had to go and get a life and all! the nerve!

I'd love to go to Cuba too - someday.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linus (Post 19592)
Wryly: if you ever find Orishas (http://www.cigarnewbie.com/?p=995) let me know. :)

I'll keep a lookout!

Andrew - I was reading an article online (I forget where) and it was about a place that has a school, shop and lounge all in one! You can get cigars chea because you're buying that aren't perfect 'cause they're what the students made. I'll hunt around and see if I can find it.

Andrew, Jr. 12-10-2009 06:45 PM

Wryly,

I am looking forward to that info. As for Linus, he is a good soul. I just think the world of him. So now, we can say we're the 3 cigar smokin' mustakeers!:fencing:

And we will have to plan a trip to Cuba one day. WooHoo!

Andrew, Jr. 12-12-2009 09:10 PM

Has anyone smoked anything new? Anything good lately? What about pipe tobacco?

I hope you all are doing well, and life is being kind to you.

Happy Smokes! :pipe: :cigar:

Andrew

Andrew, Jr. 12-20-2009 02:46 PM

Question for the Pipe Smokers Here

I have noticed that I have to constantly relight my tobacco in my pipe. :help: I can't just light it once (like a cigar). It constantly goes out on me. Is this the norm.? I am using pipe tobacco and a Grabow (sp?) pipe. It is realitively new (maybe a year old).

Any hints or suggestions? I appreciate all advice on this. I am at this point >>>:annoyed: and :explode:

Happy Smokes,
Andrew
:cigar:

Andrew, Jr. 12-21-2009 12:24 PM

Thanks Jack! :jack:

I am trying out a new tobacco called Holiday Blend. It is more cherry than anything else. What do you smoke? And what is your favorite pipe?

When I smoke either my pipe or a cigar, I like a good drink or a cup of coffee. It just taste sooo much better that way.

Andrew, Jr. 12-21-2009 01:27 PM

I have a corn cob, and a Duke by Dr. Grabow. My Grandfather smoked a pipe, and gave me my first corn cob pipe that I still have. I smoke it every once and a while. It is more sentimental than anything else to me.

I use a sweet oil and clean up the pipes once a year. I just dump the ashes out. I never thought about repacking them. I don't have that tool. Maybe Santa will surprise me this year. I also don't use filters on my pipes. Wayyy to much work for me. I just smoke.

Andrew, Jr. 12-21-2009 03:11 PM

Jack,

That is how my Grandfather cleaned his pipes! Just reg. table salt & alcohol. I totally forgot about that. It reminds me of how he put peanuts in coke to eat. Just very simple and direct.

Thanks for the wonderful memories. :goodpost: :pipe:

Andrew, Jr. 12-25-2009 03:32 PM

Jack,

I got some cigar goodies. I got a pipe tool, and a tin of tobacco. I am not sure of what it is. I am still working on the first bag of holiday blend. It smells so good. :pipe:

I hope Santa was good to you and our brothers/sisters who also smoke pipes and cigars. :snowman:

Love,
Andrew

Andrew, Jr. 01-16-2010 02:33 PM

Bump de Bump Bump

Andrew, Jr. 02-01-2010 10:31 PM

Hey Everyone! :pipe:

How is everyone doing? Anyone smoking anything new or old?

Linus, what did you get from NineDeep? Did you go with a shirt, jacket, or robe? :linus:

I hope everyone is doing well.

Happy Smokes,
Andrew :cigar:

Linus 02-21-2010 11:16 AM

Hehe.. I never did get anything from NineDeep.

That said, I did find a new cigar manufacturer that I do recommend: Flatbed Cigars. I just had, last night, their Peacemaker cigar (takes about 3 hours to smoke!!) and gotta say it was awesome. I didn't even notice the 3 hours go by. I'll definitely be ordering from them in the future.

T D 02-21-2010 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linus (Post 54568)
Hehe.. I never did get anything from NineDeep.

That said, I did find a new cigar manufacturer that I do recommend: Flatbed Cigars. I just had, last night, their Peacemaker cigar (takes about 3 hours to smoke!!) and gotta say it was awesome. I didn't even notice the 3 hours go by. I'll definitely be ordering from them in the future.

Linus, do you smoke in your home? If not where do you hang out for 3 hours to smoke those ceegars? ;)

Linus 02-21-2010 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T D (Post 54569)
Linus, do you smoke in your home? If not where do you hang out for 3 hours to smoke those ceegars? ;)

I smoke at home with the window open and an air purifier running. A good cigar smell will leave after a few hours and there are times when I don't smoke for a few weeks at home. Once I get to CA, I'll have to do it outside (the weather will be more permissible for this, however).

I actually prefer smoking outside with friends and a good drink. Makes it more interesting but hard to find in NY.