Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Romance (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   How romantic are you? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6509)

Bèsame* 04-20-2013 06:51 PM

I made a small pan of brownies and cut a heart out of the middle and left it in the counter.

ONLY 04-20-2013 07:41 PM

You have to ask my girl (f) if I am romantic or not but I do what I can to make sure she is happy and surprise her at times.

I will be seeing her in a couple of hours (she is flying in) and I always have flowers waiting in the bedroom for her. Today I bought carnations for our bedroom.....bunch of daisies all kinds of colours in the kitchen.....a rose for the bedroom along with a bottle of wine and 2 wine glasses ready for when we get home.....along with a card......
and some fruit and veggies cuz I know she like that :)

Blade 04-20-2013 09:21 PM

Yeah...well sometimes....ummm maybe. I guess it just depends on what a femme's expectations of romantic are.

little_ms_sunshyne 04-20-2013 10:07 PM

Romantic to a fault!

Library_girl 04-21-2013 01:24 AM

I would say that I'm very romantic....I like to give little surprise gifts, hide love notes, make candlelit dinners, grab Hym for spontaneous slow dances, things like that. But I would also say that Hy may be more romantic than I..... (lucky me!!!!)

GraffitiBoi 04-21-2013 02:40 AM

I am definitely on the romantic side.

The last kind of romantic thing I did was when I was leaving my gf's place one night I pretended that I forgot something in the bedroom. When I went there and made sure she didn't follow me I slipped a cute and sweet card with a handwritten note out of my hoodie pocket and left it on her pillow. She messaged me after she went to bed for the night to thank me for the wonderful evening and the card. She said it was really sweet of me and that I'm just really a romantic softie. She melts my heart.

deb0670 04-21-2013 04:47 AM

Candle light dinners with soft music playing, walks along the beach in the moonlight, holding hands while walking the mall or grocery store, singing that special song, writing love notes and poems just because, wearing His favorite perfume, sensual massages, slow dancing to only the music in your head.. etc etc.
yeah, i think i am a romantic..:rrose:

sis 04-21-2013 05:51 AM

I don't really think of myself as being romantic. I don't 'need' flowers and candles, but I do like them. I prefer sweet surprises that let me know I'm being thought of .....

a handwritten note expressing :stillheart: tucked into my purse .....

:tea: on the nightstand when I wake up in the morning .....

a spontaneous :carride: down my favourite country road .....

coming home to find :laundryday: all taken care of!

Everyday things done with me in mind are precious to me!

Deb

Bèsame* 04-21-2013 07:32 PM

if its your birthday, I will fill the cab of the truck up with balloons. (I've always dated those who had trucks? hmmmmm...)

KCBUTCH 04-23-2013 09:47 PM

Well I recently posted I was not very romantic and got some rebuttal...
Apparently I am quite romantic, considerate and thoughtful...So OK..

Angeltoes 04-23-2013 10:36 PM

I'm into romance. A gesture of loyalty is romantic, small self sacrifices are romantic, really listening is romantic. I want to know will this person defend me or betray me if it was the easier thing to do? As the practical Virgo I am I think cut flowers really just end up making a mess. I want words or gestures that I can believe aren't part of a routine. To me, romance is when your date remembers something you said casually 5 dates ago, cooking dinner together, talking and laughing together and knowing that person always has your back. I guess romance has to grow, but to me romance happens when someone shows from the beginning that they could be that person.

Daktari 04-24-2013 06:43 AM

I'm told that getting a guitar out and singing a girls favourite songs for her is romantic. I just think it's fun.

I'm told being polite, considerate and courteous is romantic. I just call it normal behaviour with everyone.

I'm told bringing flowers and chocolates is romantic. Until I met a lactose intolerant girl with loads of allergies.

Romance me? Nah! :cheesy:

Bèsame* 04-24-2013 07:27 AM

Romance...

The extra effort you both put into the relationship, situation , the moment. Hopefully it does not go unnoticed :)

StrongButch 04-24-2013 07:35 AM

Romantic

There are days I am romantic. Then there are days that I just want to use her for my pleasure!

justanolecowboy 04-24-2013 08:34 AM

Romantic - Romance?

I’ve read this thread with some interest – how some think they are – others think they are not – based on - how they feel or react or things they do – romance is very much an individual thing...I think some people think they aren’t “romantic” because they don’t fit the “hallmark” version of what we’ve been told romance is - meaning if you show up for a special date with a dozen long stem roses – a box of “Whitman sampler” chocolates and a bottle of sparkling “whatever” (oh and let’s not forget the giant stuffed teddy bear with a big red heart on it) – you are romantic and if you don’t – you are not...

Me, personally – I don’t think “hallmark” has done “romance” any favors – there is nothing “romantic” about crowding in the local pharmacy around a card rack with 14 other guys – on the day of “any” land mark occasion – stepping on dropped envelopes – or not finding one at all – and then just “picking one” – because you are in a hurry – and simply scrawling – “love, ____” at the end of a pre-written verse – that 2,364 other women are reading at the same time your loved one might be – (but) – on the other hand – I realize that even the very act of evening “thinking” about buying a card – is “romantic” to some – so, again – it is an individual thing.

I think we fellas and ladies too – put too much pressure on ourselves and have self-debate about “if” we are being romantic – because some magazine has written a list of the “10 Most Romantic Things to do for your Lover” – and you read them – and say – oh, well wow – no, I’ve never actually taken my wife on a romantic cruise – renewed our wows on the white sandy beaches of “wherever” …(OK – you know I exaggerate on these things by now) – but seriously – I’ve been guilty of it – I “read” those things sometimes – we all do … and I’m scratching my head thinking – “yeah…I don’t do any of that” – but does that mean I’m not “romantic” – because the Editor at Romance Weekly says I’m not because I didn’t do “x y or z” – and seriously – how do you know your partner or loved one isn’t reading the same list on “girls night out” - and they are laughing because the list is usually so out of perspective with what most view everyday romance might even be.

Being romantic to me – isn’t some sweeping grand gesture once a year on a special occasion like a birthday/anniversary or the “biggie” Valentine’s day...not that I don’t like to do “special” things I do – but I don’t necessarily consider them “romantic” I guess.

To me? Romantic is part of the whole package of “romance” itself – it’s not a “once in a while kind of thing” – and if you love someone deeply – and unconditionally – I think “romance” is just part of that “love” – so what some consider ordinary perhaps is romantic to me…part of what makes (her) romantic to me – even if she doesn’t realize it – is who she is – the essence of who she is - how she conducts her everyday life and around other people – how she makes them feel – when I see how they react to her – and appreciate her words or kindness – and the fact that it isn’t even something she “thinks” about – she just does – because it is “part of her” –and I smile inside because she has such a grace and elegance about her and I’m so proud of who she is as a person - or to me it’s romantic that she knows I hate meatloaf and that I love Dutch Apple pie – that she always remembers to have lots of milk in the refrigerator – or that she no matter how busy her day might be - stops always at some point to give me that special smile – or text or phone call that makes me know in that moment – nothing or no one else was more important to her than me…now – (that) to me is romantic – but you don’t see that in a magazine or on a list or inside a hallmark card…I think there are those that can be “romantic” without actually truly “loving someone” – but for me – it is all tied in together – the flowers that I might give her as a “grand gesture” means nothing – if I don’t love her enough or pay attention enough to do the small things – like take out the garbage without being asked – or fix the door – or mow the grass without being reminded…yeah – it’s in the everyday.

But, now – you know– I ramble…lol! – These threads just get me to thinking about topics in general but the question was do I see myself as romantic. Do I like to think that I weave daily romance into the way that I simply love her the best way I know how every day? – yes.

Is that romantic – hopeless or otherwise? No – I don’t think so –

it just means - I.simply.love.her.

RNguy 04-24-2013 03:26 PM

My wife thinks its romantic when i wash my Glass instead of leaving it dirty in the sink for her to deal with .
She thinks its even more romantic when i wash it without breaking it :)

DamonK 04-24-2013 09:36 PM

I try to let her sleep in and not wake her up until I have to.
If I wake her up, I try to wake her up with kisses.
If she is sleeping and I need to work downstairs, I leave her a note telling her where I am.
I leave her visitor reps.
I talk to her, and often.
I make sure she knows I love her by my words and deeds.

This is just normal behavior to me...

imperfect_cupcake 04-24-2013 09:42 PM

I can be, but not in the usual recognition of the word.
I hate poetry, flowers, hearing someone is honoured to make my acquaintance, I loath flowery speech and "othering" me into a Lady of the Castle type bullshit.
I like people taking the piss, teasing, being a smart ass, offering to do things for me (like fix my computer/website/bike/pick up groceries/take me to an appointment) and maybe insisting a bit as I'll likely say no first round because I don't want to be seen as weak and I have to know that they are sincere in their offer.

I like people that do things to help me out, rather than buy me gifts or say shit. Make me laugh, buy me a drink and hang out, make me laugh some more, don't treat me with gentle gloves, treat me like a real friend. An equal with different talents. Ask me to help you too.

a romantic friendship with emphasis on friendship. Not on romance.

Some people like touch, words and gifts. That's not me. I like actions and laughter. See me for me. See me as capable enough to take a hard ribbing. If you see me wearing my reading glasses, which I HATE then tease me about them "hey four eyes how about a blow job, now that you can tell the difference between my leg and my dick?"

I love ice cream. take me for one when I'm really stressed out. shag me in an ally while making me hold it. Or something.

I dunno, things that just make me laugh and enjoy making me laugh. That really is a big part of it.

imperfect_cupcake 04-24-2013 09:50 PM

As for me being romantic towards other... I've heard my vagina is very romantic.

Bèsame* 04-24-2013 10:38 PM

as I leave you to go home, I pass by your truck and leave a lip print on your driver door window.

It will make you smile later

Breezy 04-24-2013 10:39 PM

I am a romantic. We write notes to each other back and forth when he is doing homework. We keep them in a notebook to have them to look back on in the future. We hold each other very close to talk, about most everything, it is the most romantic gesture I've ever experienced. We post music for each other. We dance spontaneously when hugging sometimes. We hold hands. He takes my arm when walking at night, and most everywhere, but especially at night. We never part or go to sleep without saying I love you. We talk and each of us listens to the other. We are considerate of the other.

He wakes me with love and kisses. He tells me oh how I love you with so much emotion behind it I tear up every single time. He tell me he has me always. His eyes shine with such enthusiasm when he looks at me and speaks to me. He uses such loving tones and if he thinks his tone was, off as he says, he will tell me he didn't mean it that way. He tells me, and means it, that he will love me no matter what comes our way and that after waiting 12 years he is not about to give up...gawd I love this man! He is a loving, kind and gentle soul without guile.

He cooks and cleans up after himself, too! I have it all!

s0litude 04-25-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by honeybarbara (Post 788443)
I love ice cream. take me for one when I'm really stressed out. shag me in an ally while making me hold it. Or something. I dunno, things that just make me laugh and enjoy making me laugh. That really is a big part of it.

OMG! Laughed so hard reading this! A friend of mine in Dallas, our usual hello to each other was, "Hey, Cutie, wanna fuck?" No matter how bad the day's events were, it was great for a smile.

Diablo 04-25-2013 06:00 PM

sometimes...i think of being romantic and then....well....i stop thinking...and go back to reading the obituaries.

imperfect_cupcake 04-25-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PsychoSlipknot (Post 788802)
sometimes...i think of being romantic and then....well....i stop thinking...and go back to reading the obituaries.

that's very sweet. Do you read them to people in the tub?

Diablo 04-25-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by honeybarbara (Post 788812)
that's very sweet. Do you read them to people in the tub?

Im not sure..that sounds awfully close to being romantic!!!

imperfect_cupcake 04-25-2013 06:52 PM

I dunno, what if there's no water in it and they are fully dressed and drinking a cocktail with one heel on your shoulder?

~baby~doll~ 04-28-2013 11:11 AM

I live for romance. My favorite is the twenty-four hour love affair when I find hints of love and detailed plans for the evening. It starts with crimson lip prints on the mirrors. Then I find a menu of desired dishes for dinner with wines. :wine: I get red :rose: 's delivered.
The best is a hand written description of our love making. I am so romanced by this point I can hardly fulfill my plans for the day.

wahya 06-18-2013 12:13 AM

I am a 100% romantic but not that great of romantic novelist. But when I do something romantic it has to be something special & something I have put a lot of thought into.That's where listening to your partner comes in because they think the little things slip by me but that's where it starts, knowing what they are about and what they like.

Gráinne 07-01-2013 10:28 PM

Not in any traditional form, flowers/chocolates and all (although I do like chocolate). What's romantic to me is my date and I sharing something of who we are, something about wherever we are, in intimacy and vulnerability. Sometimes that translates later into physical cuddling and holding. That to me is perfect.

Gemme 07-02-2013 12:38 PM

Nope. Used to be. The whole flowery drawn out novel kind of way too. But not any more.

My poor guy.

:blink:

Cid 08-01-2013 07:45 PM

I used to be romantic but now I'm more cynical.
Kinda hard being romantic when you got that going on.
Aside from cynical, I'm not into staring into anyone's eyes
and the little kissy face winky crap just gets on my nerves.

RockOn 08-01-2013 08:25 PM

used to be very much so ... probably way too much

buried all that silly nonsense when I let go of the unattainable one ... she is slowly drowning in a bottle of wine and cannot see it ...

Katniss 08-01-2013 09:09 PM

Ahhh, romance....

I am quite romantic. I always put a towel down so they never have to sleep on the wet spot.

Katniss~~

Ginger 11-06-2013 08:55 AM

That whole chemical experience of falling in love is so deliciously intense for me, physiologically. I feel high. Really high. It's pheromones, it's my brain's juiciness at work, but who cares. It's great. And yeah, when it kicks in, I'm extremely romantic; swooning, daydreaming, the works.

EnderD_503 11-06-2013 05:13 PM

I didn't use to be but in my current relationship, yes. We're not always romantic in the traditional ways (though sometimes we are). Often we're both just incredibly silly and it turns out being romantic in our heads :p Which is great because I can sometimes suck at the "formal" stuff lol

SaltyButch 12-30-2013 08:14 PM

I've been told I'm romantic, I think being Old School helps alot with that, the opening of doors, walking on the outside closest to the street etc. I think paying attention to things she tells you and just listening sometimes goes a long way in endearing yourself to someone. I don't believe showering her with material things is something one has to do, taking her to your favourite place, sharing things that are special to you, things from the heart. I like to let her know I'm thinking of her in various ways and if she's up for surprises then one or two may come her way.

LoyalWolfsBlade 12-30-2013 09:19 PM

I have been told that I am. I like to believe that I am even after it is not new anymore. I know as the years have gone by the way I am romantic has changed and that it is definitely not on the traditional expected kind of way. After all I am anything but expected. Besides my grannie would come back and haunt me if I wasn't romantic to some degree. I love the smile I get when I am being romantic.

fatallyblonde 01-02-2014 12:56 AM

I am romantic for sure... I love giving and receiving romance... nothing too hackneyed... though a flower or two is always a beautiful gesture... especially if someone picks them for you on the way to meeting you... love letters... surprising your loved one with a special treat or just doing them a favour even can be very romantic...

MysticOceansFL 01-15-2014 11:29 AM

I am very Romantic towards that special femme.

C0LLETTE 01-15-2014 11:56 AM

Not even a bit. Just leave the money on the night table. ( Oh I'm just kidding).