Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What brought you joy today? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86)

Gemme 02-08-2010 10:14 PM

I'm still chuckling over being an AWW.

At least I'm in good company. :blink:

Just_G 02-08-2010 10:32 PM

Watching KU defeat the Texas Longhorns IN Austin tonight. Still #1....rock chalk Jayhawk, go KU!!

Zimmeh 02-09-2010 09:26 AM

Enjoying this past week with my girlfriend and I cannot wait until i move next week to be with her. The bite marks from lastnight!

My best friend and my girlfriend keeping me calm this weekend after I had a nervous breakdown at work.

Mitmo01 02-09-2010 09:33 AM

Waking up to kisses from my beautiful Woman.....being told to go back to sleep
sigh....

VuDu 02-09-2010 09:42 AM

English Toffee flavored coffee.

Yum *sip*

NJFemmie 02-09-2010 11:28 AM

Finding out that tonight's snowstorm may keep me home tomorrow.
(.. and will hopefully keep Mare home too ...)

:rrose:

Andrew, Jr. 02-09-2010 11:46 AM

What brought me joy today...

My neighbor bought me diabetic oatmeal cookies today. I am sick with pneumonia, and am just so tired. She did all the grocery shopping for me. I really didn't need much at all. I am so very blessed.

:bow: :cough:

Gemme 02-09-2010 02:23 PM

I have internet access! It may disappear in a moment's notice, but for this exact moment in time, it's here. Woot!

PinkieLee 02-09-2010 02:36 PM

A text this morning from a lovely friend, wishing me a joy-filled day!

Soft*Silver 02-09-2010 05:16 PM

I fixed a bracelet for someone at work and they were all so happy about it that it made me blush and smile..something so simple like that made hers and my day!

Andrew, Jr. 02-10-2010 10:20 AM

I had a neighbor shovel out my car and use his electric snow plow to do everyone's sidewalk and walkway.:basketball:

Diva 02-10-2010 12:50 PM

Good things come in 3's, right? And I've had 5 things just this morning! :D

Today, what gave me joy (and the day is YOUNG!).....

~ A call from a dear friend
~ Coffee talk with a good friend:bringcoffee:
~ Getting a lovely bracelet in the mail
~ Getting a sweet card from my Karate Princess
~ Getting the best evah letter from my darling daughter!!!!!!! :cheer::heartbeat:

MsTinkerbelly 02-11-2010 09:01 AM

What brings me joy?

A life of living and loving together. Yes, that brings me joy.:cheer:

Diva 02-11-2010 10:14 AM

I got a package in the mail from a dear friend!:present:

And I got another package in the mail from the peeps on the PenPal thread with our latest project contents!!!

A good day, even in this gloomy weather!

purepisces 02-11-2010 10:43 AM

Waking up to SNOW!!! I know some people are completely overwhelmed with snow right now, but for me … it’s beautiful and joyous and oh, so quiet. I love the quiet that comes with a blanket of snow.

It is unusual to get snow in Texas; normally we just get ice storms, so this was an unexpected joy.

And, to make things even better, my boss texted me this morning and said I could work from home today!!!

Liam 02-11-2010 12:36 PM

Being able to watch my falcon in the backyard, preen in a sunbeam, brought me joy this morning.

Kenna 02-11-2010 02:11 PM

AMAZING good-hearted people

I have NEVER, in all my life, had such a caring, responsible, respectful, compassionate and helpful Landlord and Landlady!!! THEY ARE AMAZING!! After renting from such compassionate, good-hearted, hardworking souls for going on 3 years... I don't think I ever want to leave this place and have decided "Why buy a house and deal with all the frustration and extra costs?" ..."Why move when everything [property wise and heat included] is taken care of and they LOVE my doggies?" I never have to worry about maintenance or getting things fixed...one call gets the job done (even if the job takes 2 weeks to finish...like the broken heater...)

After 3 days of stressing over shoveling out my car AGAIN (after another 20 inches plus HUGE drifts from my yard to over top of my car...), I was just ready to wait till spring and had laid down for nap-time with my cuddle-bugs...when I get this call from my Landlord..."Get your shoes on and bring me your car keys." When I got down stairs and looked outside, the overwhelming feeling of "WOW, they did this just for me?", really made my day!! (especially after such a horrible start...)

He and his buddies had brought their own snow plow to clear out around my car and my parking space...(I was so worried I couldn't get out before Friday for a special doctor appointment)...and for two days, have been here with snow-blowers and shovels. I didn't even have to scrape my windshields! They even cleaned off my back patio and a bigger patch for the dogs to "go". I am so happy to rent from such caring, helpful neighbors and friends. They NEVER let me go without or stress over house stuff. (Now, there's a MOUNTAIN of snow behind my car that won't melt till next August! LOL) Their help and unselfishness really made my day!

Last summer/fall, when our Governor decided NOT to pay any State employees or the vendors (who have a multitude of their own employees to provide for), but made us work...without unemployment benefits or ANY other form of income... I was in a panic, afraid I couldn't pay the rent... but my Landlady said "it's okay hon, we got your back, we understand, just pay us when you can". WOW... not many property owners would do that...especially when they have their own mortgage to pay.

There are many other very nice things they have done for me...especially give me a safe place to live in peace and many freedoms... but I just wanted to write a small dedication to these people, who bring joy to me just by doing small deeds such as being a "REAL NEIGHBOR" and caring about their tenants.

This is what HOME feels like...a neighborhood where we each care about the other and do nice things to help out when we can...neighbors/landladies/landlords that you can trust.

Gemme 02-11-2010 06:43 PM

I wanna live where S&C lives....without the mountains of snow....unless I go INTO the mountains for the sole purpose of seeing and playing in snow.

The very idea is making smile.

:theisland:

Kenna 02-11-2010 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gemme (Post 48283)
I wanna live where S&C lives....without the mountains of snow....unless I go INTO the mountains for the sole purpose of seeing and playing in snow.

The very idea is making smile.

:theisland:

Awwww!! I do have two extra bedrooms, going cheep!

hpychick 02-11-2010 10:12 PM

Hearing from a wonderful friend in a far away land.