Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Careers, Work, Business (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   Pet-Friendly World - People UNfriendly? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1241)

MsDemeanor 04-26-2010 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow (Post 92494)
Sometimes it feels people give a tiny shit more about animals than kids..

I absolutely do. I like animals a whole lot more than I like most people, and I like kids even less than I like adults.

SuperFemme 04-26-2010 12:15 PM

What would you eat first?
A baby or a puppy?

http://www.parentsconnect.com/editor...chair-mess.jpg

http://www.top-dogs-names.com/images/cute-puppies.jpg

diamondrose 04-26-2010 12:38 PM

Working in retail, I have found there will always be someone who is unhappy with something.

Kobi 04-26-2010 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperFemme (Post 92545)

:cracked:It is truly amazing how far off topic these threads can go.

MsDemeanor 04-26-2010 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diamondrose (Post 92554)
Working in retail, I have found there will always be someone who is unhappy with something.

No shit.....

Linus 04-26-2010 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperFemme (Post 92545)

<scarcasm/kidding> The kid. He's covered in chocolate and I hate coughing up hairballs

Apocalipstic 04-26-2010 01:18 PM

I loved bringing dogs to work, until someone brought theirs in after hours and left it unsupervised....

The dog (they said it was a dog, I suspect a large horse) left a huge fecal deposit in the lobby which I did not see until after our General Manager stepped in it and tracked it down the hall. he was furious!

I ended up not only having to clean it up (since no one took responsibility till the next day), but I had to write a memo to entire company about the "unfortunate fecal incident in the lobby" which now meant no one could bring their pets in to work.

Generally though, I do prefer animals to people.

Soft*Silver 04-26-2010 01:21 PM

I just signed up to do foster care with a local non profit who takes the dogs out of our kill shelter/pound and socializes, vets and trains them, all ready for a family of their own.

This poor girl is one of their recent cases. If any of you can help, please do...

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/16261026

betenoire 04-26-2010 01:25 PM

I would draw the line at bringing pets to your place of employment, just like I don't think people should bring their children to work. It's distracting and makes you less productive.

If there was a Chocolate Lab in my office I would -never- get anything done because I'd be too busy giving headscratchies and saying things like "you've got nice armpits! you've got nice armpits! yes you do!"

Apocalipstic 04-26-2010 01:26 PM

I say yes bring dogs ad long as you supervise them and leave the kids at HOME.

Kobi 04-26-2010 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by June (Post 92625)
Adele needed to give three choices:

1. Babies
2. Puppies
3. Kittens <---June's choice for who would be eaten first.

Oh. Am I off topic?

</end Disingenuous Smile>

:playingcat: Nah. But I would expect a lesbian to be a bit more amenable to pussy. But, what do I know.

betenoire 04-26-2010 01:34 PM

Wait. Are we eating the things we like most or least first?

I would eat all three at the same time in a stir-fry. But just the feet. I only want to eat the feet - since that is the cutest part of all babies (animal and human).

The_Lady_Snow 04-26-2010 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kobi (Post 92630)
:playingcat: Nah. But I would expect a lesbian to be a bit more amenable to pussy. But, what do I know.

Wow dude you are on a roll today

:bicycle:

SuperFemme 04-26-2010 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linus (Post 92581)
<scarcasm/kidding> The kid. He's covered in chocolate and I hate coughing up hairballs

yeah. so that is not chocolate. :badger:

VuDu 04-26-2010 05:04 PM

An estimated 15% of the population is allergic to pet dander. Of that number, 1/3 have a pet in their household. (AHS)

As a "scentsative" person, I can understand the stance of keeping your pets at home due to allergies. Pet dander is one of the leading causes of chronic asthma. I am allergic to both cats and dogs yet I am owned by 4 beautiful dogs and 2 weird ass cats. I willingly take responsibility for waking up every morning with itchy eyes, a semi-closed airway, having to take pills, nasal spray, etc because my pets are my family. I will vacuum every day/wash bed sheets EOD, etc because that is what family does (insert heart smilie here).

That being said... I am a stickler about pet hair being in places that have food. I don't really want to see your dog in a restaurant or a grocery store that I frequent, but don't mind seeing one in Home Depot, Micheal's, B&N, etc. They make any number of people smile, crouch down and talk in baby talk as well as generally look silly. To me, they are people's children so yes, they will treat them much the same as human ones.

I know that I have an allergy. Knowing is half the battle. I say, take a wide bearth around the animal and bring your meds.

Medusa 04-26-2010 06:06 PM

I'm one of those people who would rather work with a room full of Gracie's than the chip-cruncher, the lady with the REALLY loud and annoying cell phone jingle, and the "burper".

Oh, and my dog pees outside and not all over the seat in the women's bathroom.
;)

Billy 04-26-2010 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medusa (Post 92914)
I'm one of those people who would rather work with a room full of Gracie's than the chip-cruncher, the lady with the REALLY loud and annoying cell phone jingle, and the "burper".

Oh, and my dog pees outside and not all over the seat in the women's bathroom.
;)

My dogs pee outside instead of all over the toilet seat and floor and perhaps a wall or 2 in the mens room at the warehouse ......

I love to bring My dogs to work :) One at a time of coarse :)

AtLast 04-26-2010 06:36 PM

Certified service dogs are coming to mind.... people that use them do like to eat out sometimes... I've trained and used therapy dogs in my practice. I also used one of my therapy boxers while coaching people going for their state board clinical oral exams. An amazing anti-anxiety, calming tool! But, the dog always got the thank you card after they passed and were licensed!

I'm a pet person and take responsibility for my pooch when out and about. He does need to have manners and if someone could have an asthma attack around him, I would leave him home.

However, I find that I just avoid non-pet people at this time of my life. I don't date anyone that dislikes animals (re: my profile). Why would I put myself through that? No one is that wonderful. Also, I was with a partner that didn't like dogs (she liked cats), and I never will be again. Too stressful. My dog is family and so are my cats. And I have a very clean and tidy home. Investing in a Sebo vacuum cleaner was one of the best things I have ever done!

OK, Kobi… I said oral exam up there…..

:boink: