Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breakups, Lessons Learned, Healing (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=131)
-   -   How do you "come down" from a bad day? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2715)

princessbelle 05-03-2011 03:14 PM

Nothing like getting lost in a coloring book with tons of crayons. Bye bye world...bye bye work....bye bye stress.

Julie 05-03-2011 03:17 PM

I talk dirty to Princessbelle...
and I tell her how I want to beat her pretty little tush.
That alwaysssss makes me feel so much better.

princessbelle 05-03-2011 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julie (Post 332355)
I talk dirty to Princessbelle...
and I tell her how I want to beat her pretty little tush.
That alwaysssss makes me feel so much better.

OMG you are a certified freak. But, yes you are correct you do do that. I am so glad to be able to relieve your stress my dear. Now, seriously, what are friends for...right?

Julie 05-03-2011 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princessbelle (Post 332359)
OMG you are a certified freak. But, yes you are correct you do do that. I am so glad to be able to relieve your stress my dear. Now, seriously, what are friends for...right?

Indeed I am...
And you are my enabler.

LOL (I adore YOU)

Diva 05-03-2011 03:26 PM

Heeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyy!!!! That's what I say to YOU, JuJu!!!!! That makes ME all perkified!

Pssssstt.....Princessbelle said "do do"..... :eyebat:

princessbelle 05-03-2011 03:28 PM

I am an enabler that says do do.

OMG where are my crayons....i need a coloring session.

PinkieLee 05-03-2011 03:30 PM

When the world is spinnin' way too fast, and I need to slow it down I like to...

Play with my hands in the dirt ~ working on my flower pots & gardens.

Pour a glass of wine and enjoy the beauty from my back deck.

Take a drive to the beach, sit with my face toward the sun and let the tide wash away my stress.

Soak in a hot bath, put on my favorite well-worn pjs and read in bed.

Nap on the couch with old-school cartoons playing low on the tv.

Blast my music and let my inner Solid Gold Dancer shine!

Starbuck 05-03-2011 05:28 PM

How about this?

How about a nice relaxing warm bath with your favorite fragrant bath salts and a glass of your favorite wine and some soothing music?
If that's not your cup of tea (or wine in this case), I have some relaxation exercises on my iPod that I can lay down and listen to...I never get to finish them because I always end up asleep before it's over.

MissPriss 05-03-2011 05:32 PM

couple shots of whiskey and Rob Zombie playing.....does it every time

asphaltcowboi 05-03-2011 06:21 PM

good workout and swim at the gym... take my dog for a long walk an flip off people who snicker at this big ole butch walking hys lil white poodle.

MissPriss 05-03-2011 07:02 PM

hpy.....try Rob Zombie, American Witch or Burn it to the Ground by Nickelback.....fizzles the nerves right out

Abigail Crabby 05-03-2011 07:07 PM

For me - when i'm in a relationship to come down from a bad day,

I like to make a cup of coffee and get his beverage of choice and talk about the day and just sit and enjoy some quiet time together.

After unwinding - we might cruise eBay or play Wii - those two activities seem to make the dark day go away and leave the evening so much brighter.

When I'm single -

I love to soak in a bubble bath and just let the days stress go down the drain.

The best way for me to put the bad day out of my mind is to do something mindless.

For me that's Farmville - lol I know you laugh, but there is something so stressfree about just rearrainging my stuff - kind of like a virtual doll house...

prettylilgrrl 05-04-2011 07:28 AM

I crawl into my squishy bed and pull the covers over me and watch Hot in Cleveland reruns

Tommi 05-04-2011 07:32 AM

Bouncing back

Wlld raucous activities experienced face to face..or front to back, or head over heels, etc., then popcorn in bed.

Silverseastar 05-04-2011 08:23 AM

I handle it by turning the mental into something phsical. I go to the gym, walk the dog, go on a hike, go for a bike ride. Even 30 minutes can make a big difference.

Also, I'm all about the bath! Epsom salts in the tub help to ease tension. And massage! Anything that helps to balance your mind/body connection.

Eating well is important to stress levels too.

Oh, and cortisol levels can be seriously impacted by long term stress as well and create an anxiety/depression piece. Make sure you are taking good mulit-vitamins with a strong B complex.

*smiles*
You can do it! It will get better.

Julie 05-04-2011 08:29 AM

In all honesty...
I generally allow myself to get swallowed up by all that brings me down.
HERE...
I have met some people -- They know when I am getting swallowed up.
They reach out and say...

Julie - You getting lost in your head (ahem).
YEP YEP!

So, thank you my *people* for knowing when it's just a really bad fucking day.

I am blessed - by those who skin i have yet to touch.
I am blessed - by their connection and energy.

Gemme 05-10-2011 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissPriss (Post 332503)
hpy.....try Rob Zombie, American Witch or Burn it to the Ground by Nickelback.....fizzles the nerves right out

Love that one.

DamselFly 05-14-2011 04:07 PM

the Library...siiiigh

nothing makes me feel better than a nice 2 hour (at least) trip to the library, that haven of peace for booklovers of all varieties...
namaste,
DamselFly :tea: :glasses:

Sachita 05-14-2011 04:16 PM

I walk around outside, touch my plants, breathe and let gratitude take me over

kannon 05-14-2011 04:30 PM

I think I should take a ride on my bike....go to the movie theater and watch bridesmaids.