Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hobbies, Crafts, Interests (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Help with Recipes (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6428)

nycfem 03-29-2016 10:42 PM

Dinner was a disaster, sigh! I love to cook cabbage and other veggies along with tofu shirataki noodles and peanut butter, a favorite meal. Tonight I tried to experiment with a Korean hot pepper sauce (sauce was from the store). I think it was supposed to be an "add after" not during cooking sauce so clearly I fucked up there. But I think beyond that I am having a very hard time finding sauces besides peanut butter (which always works) that absorb traditionally "flavorless" foods. What can I use besides peanut butter that will work? Oh, and I always use as a base, low-sodium soy sauce, curry powder, and hot pepper flakes (a good combo for my taste). So yeah why do neutral veggies and tofu ONLY seem to absorb peanut butter? I love peanut butter but I'm getting sick of it!

Liam 03-29-2016 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nycfem (Post 1057264)
Dinner was a disaster, sigh! I love to cook cabbage and other veggies along with tofu shirataki noodles and peanut butter, a favorite meal. Tonight I tried to experiment with a Korean hot pepper sauce (sauce was from the store). I think it was supposed to be an "add after" not during cooking sauce so clearly I fucked up there. But I think beyond that I am having a very hard time finding sauces besides peanut butter (which always works) that absorb traditionally "flavorless" foods. What can I use besides peanut butter that will work? Oh, and I always use as a base, low-sodium soy sauce, curry powder, and hot pepper flakes (a good combo for my taste). So yeah why do neutral veggies and tofu ONLY seem to absorb peanut butter? I love peanut butter but I'm getting sick of it!

You might try some sesame oil, (just a little goes a long way,) and nori, along with your usual base. You also might experiment with juice and zest to make a fruity sauce. Flavored oil, flavored tahini or hummus, might be additional things to explore.

nycfem 03-29-2016 11:33 PM

Thanks very much, Liam. All of those are foods/flavors I find super tasty! Great ideas!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liam (Post 1057270)
You might try some sesame oil, (just a little goes a long way,) and nori, along with your usual base. You also might experiment with juice and zest to make a fruity sauce. Flavored oil, flavored tahini or hummus, might be additional things to explore.

easygoingfemme 03-30-2016 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nycfem (Post 1057264)

If you want to step away from the Asian flavors, this is my go-to topping for cooked or raw veggies/ dishes with grains, ...

• 1 cup Tahini paste
• 2 cloves garlic (or to taste)
• 1 handful fresh Cilantro
• 1tbsp maple syrup
• 2 tbsp tamari, or soy sauce
• Juice and zest of 1 lemon
• 1/2 c water (more or less to thin/thicken to desired consistency)

Blend well. Store in a jar in fridge for up to 10 days

Bèsame* 03-30-2016 09:28 AM

I've discovered fresh ginger. Just grate a little or julienne cuts. Then, for me to spice it up, cause I'm the Spicey girl, red pepper flakes!

Gemme 03-30-2016 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bèsame* (Post 1057346)
I've discovered fresh ginger. Just grate a little or julienne cuts. Then, for me to spice it up, cause I'm the Spicey girl, red pepper flakes!

Ginger paste is good too!

Chad 02-12-2017 09:45 AM

Recipe help

Would someone please advise me on how to use my French Press coffee thingy. Specifically the ratio of coffee to water. Actually a detailed step by step how to would be helpful.

Thank you in advance,
Chad

Corkey 02-12-2017 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad (Post 1127635)
Would someone please advise me on how to use my French Press coffee thingy. Specifically the ratio of coffee to water. Actually a detailed step by step how to would be helpful.

Thank you in advance,
Chad

Try www.buzzmug.com they have a toutorial.

Chad 02-12-2017 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corkey (Post 1127660)
Try www.buzzmug.com they have a toutorial.

Thank you Corkey, that was very helpful.

MsTinkerbelly 02-12-2017 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad (Post 1127635)

Thank you in advance,
Chad

I like my French press coffee pretty strong, so I use 3 scoops of coffee to a nearly full container of boiling water. I give it at least 5 minutes before I press so the coffee has a good chance to brew. I have the black and glass press shown on the video, and it makes 2 large cups of coffee.

Chad 02-12-2017 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsTinkerbelly (Post 1127695)
I like my French press coffee pretty strong, so I use 3 scoops of coffee to a nearly full container of boiling water. I give it at least 5 minutes before I press so the coffee has a good chance to brew. I have the black and glass press shown on the video, and it makes 2 large cups of coffee.

Thank you Ms. Tinkerbelly, after I saw the tutorial I realized that I need course ground coffee. I normally have fine ground coffee for my espresso maker so I need to do shop for coffee beans. I like very strong coffee. I look forward to learning the procedure.

Chad

Chad 04-01-2017 06:20 PM

Recipe

Would someone please give me simple instructions for the dough part of cobbler?

~ocean 04-01-2017 07:05 PM

~

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad (Post 1136276)
Would someone please give me simple instructions for the dough part of cobbler?

top crumble or pie crust ?

Chad 04-01-2017 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~ocean (Post 1136285)
top crumble or pie crust ?

Hi,
not a pie crust I stink at baking. Like a cobbler which is mostly on top.

easygoingfemme 04-01-2017 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad (Post 1136287)
Hi,

Sweet or savory filling?

homoe 04-01-2017 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad (Post 1136287)
Hi,

I'm thinking brown sugar and oats are involved but don't take it as gospel!

Chad 04-01-2017 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by easygoingfemme (Post 1136289)
Sweet or savory filling?

Hi, sweet peach cobbler.

Chad 04-01-2017 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homoe (Post 1136292)
I'm thinking brown sugar and oats are involved but don't take it as gospel!

Thank you, that sounds good for lots of things including ice cream.

easygoingfemme 04-01-2017 08:53 PM

I like the looks of this recipe. It's a ginger peach pecan cobbler...

Chad 04-01-2017 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by easygoingfemme (Post 1136311)
I like the looks of this recipe. It's a ginger peach pecan cobbler...

That looks yummy. Do you really think that I can do it? Okay, I will strap on my apron and give it my best. 😊