Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Communication, Friendship, Getting To Know One Another (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   Question for everyone (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2058)

Gráinne 04-09-2012 02:05 PM

Short answer: no. I think the idea is out of romantic novels and movies.

Longer answer (and you knew it was coming! ;)): I think there are any number of people that we could be happy with in a relationship. I think compatitibility and committment are much more important than that "instant connection". Attraction is instant, real love takes a boatload of work.

I also don't believe in finding one's "better half" or the someone to "complete" you, or fill up some emptiness inside. I believe instead you better well be complete and filled on your own before you even try to find someone. To search around for completion or someone to fill in the blanks is asking for an unhealthy relationship.

agape 03-10-2013 12:20 PM

I do believe in soul-mates. I do believe in fate.
I also do believe that relationships need work, always.
But I wouldn't want to miss all the lovely people I might meet while "waiting" for a soul-mate.
Also, I'm not sure the soul-mate will always come... (you never know, they might get stuck in traffic, the world is a big place... etc)

Daktari 03-10-2013 12:42 PM

I believe there are people who are in your life at the right times but definitely don't believe in one 'true' love or 'soulmate'...too much white picket fence thinking for me.

I'm lucky enough to have had 2 great loves in my life...in amongst the numbers who weren't 'great loves'.

I don't understand making one person your everything. Jeepers! what a pressure to put on someone! I would hate to someone's everything; as a human being I can't live up to that job because I'm dreadfully flawed.

Bad_boi 06-20-2013 12:58 AM

Naw. I think that sort of thing is silly.

puddin' 06-22-2013 12:05 PM

I b'lieve people come into your life to teach you a lesson. pure and simple...

MysticOceansFL 06-22-2013 01:16 PM

I firmly believe everyone has a soul mate and if your single Or been single a while that doesn't mean there's no one out there for you just means that the time isn't there yet for you to meet her or her meet you. Just enjoy life, friends, and family and let happen when it happens.

akiza 05-23-2017 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetbutch26 (Post 194226)
I was wondering how many of you believe in soulmates. that there is that one special person for everyone out there. that there is someone everyone is MEANT to be with. i'm kind of on the fence. just wanted to get opinions from others please and ty :)

hi ^^ what a question yes 'cause i'm a great romantic under the surface and belive that someone's waiting for you even if the garanty of your encounter is incertain so i can be happy with a mate for life

girl_dee 05-23-2017 04:23 AM

i don't think a soul actually needs or obtains a mate, but i get people stay together for life. i am not one of them.

Chained Daisy 05-23-2017 05:19 AM

This may be a bit of a contradiction in terms but....I do believe in soul mates but I dont think all soul mates are `lifelong` soul mates. Some years ago I thought I had found mine and thinking back to how we were I do believe we were soulmates in that time but circumstances changed, so did we, individually and as a couple. When we parted we were in no way soulmates even though it was a gentle and for the most part dignified end to `US`. I still think of Hym as my soulmate of that time and am so grateful to have had Hys love and for the person I became because of Hym. (f)

Lyte 05-23-2017 03:54 PM

I sure hope there isn't a single perfect person (aka soul mate) for everyone. I can see that leading to some wondering if there's something better out there at the first bumps in a relationship. Relationships need work... some more than others ... but work nevertheless.

Deborah* 10-03-2017 11:26 PM

Yes, I believe in soulmates. But finding that person... is another thing indeed. It's possible it may not happen.

Deborah