Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Quotes, Poems, & Sayings... (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111)

Angeltoes 11-05-2012 01:47 PM

"Being tender and open is beautiful. As a woman, I feel continually shhh'ed. Too sensitive. Too mushy. Too wishy washy. Blah blah. Don't let someone steal your tenderness. Don't allow the coldness and fear of others to tarnish your perfectly vulnerable beating heart. Nothing is more powerful than allowing yourself to truly be affected by things. Whether it's a song, a stranger, a mountain, a rain drop, a tea kettle, an article, a sentence, a footstep...feel it all – look around you. All of this is for you. Take it and have gratitude. Give it and feel love."

~Zooey Deschanel

MissItalianDiva 11-05-2012 02:15 PM

There are times when we do not recognize that it is time for us to move forward. When life is ready for us to move and we resist, life will move us by any means necessary. What may feel like a disaster is actually a graduation. Remain open to being guided, supported and protected by the universe.

~Iyanla Vanzant

Kätzchen 11-05-2012 02:26 PM

<3 the Bee Gee's

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angeltoes (Post 692718)
"Being tender and open is beautiful. As a woman, I feel continually shhh'ed. Too sensitive. Too mushy. Too wishy washy. Blah blah. Don't let someone steal your tenderness. Don't allow the coldness and fear of others to tarnish your perfectly vulnerable beating heart. Nothing is more powerful than allowing yourself to truly be affected by things. Whether it's a song, a stranger, a mountain, a rain drop, a tea kettle, an article, a sentence, a footstep...feel it all – look around you. All of this is for you. Take it and have gratitude. Give it and feel love."

~Zooey Deschanel

Heh. I am always getting shhhh'ed! *lol* (or NOT). ;)

You're quote reminded me of the Bee Gee's song:

Be Tender With My Love.

:stillheart:

Angeltoes 11-05-2012 05:22 PM

"If you wait to do everything until you are sure it’s right, you'll probably not do much of anything."

~Win Borden

"Realize you can be happy this moment for no reason. Otherwise, you eternally depend on conditions for happiness. Unconscious of this moment, you remain a victim of circumstances."

~Arthur D. Saftlass

"Anyone can hide. Facing up to things, working through them, that’s what makes you strong."

~Sarah Dessen

JAGG 11-05-2012 07:26 PM

“Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but a manner of traveling.” ― Margaret Lee Runbeck

Write the truest sentence that you know.” ― Ernest Hemingway

“Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean it isn't so.” ― Lemony Snicket

Duchess 11-05-2012 10:30 PM

"Since love grows within you, so beauty grows. For love is the beauty of the soul." (f)

~Saint Augustine

cinnamongrrl 11-05-2012 11:18 PM

The moon tonight reminded me of this poem....

"The Highwayman" Alfred Noyes.....

THE wind was a torrent of darkness among the gusty trees,
The moon was a ghostly galleon tossed upon cloudy seas,
The road was a ribbon of moonlight over the purple moor,
And the highwayman came riding—
Riding—riding—
The highwayman came riding, up to the old inn-door.

StrongButch 11-06-2012 01:46 PM

Quotes

Any woman can love a thousand women but-only a rare woman can love one woman a thousand ways

JAGG 11-06-2012 07:27 PM

“I don’t know what they are called, the spaces between seconds– but I think of you always in those intervals.” -Salvador Plascencia

“That's what people do who love you. They put their arms around you and love you when you're not so lovable.”― Deb Caletti

“Only love of a good woman will make a one question every choice, every action. Only love makes a warrior hesitate for fear that hys lady will find him cruel. Only love makes hym both the best he will ever be, and the weakest. Sometimes all in the same moment. ― Laurell K. Hamilton

little_ms_sunshyne 11-06-2012 07:42 PM

“Smile - It's the second best thing you can do with your lips.”

Talon 11-07-2012 10:15 AM

Just because someone doesn't love you in the way that you want them to,
doesn't mean that they don't love you will all that they've got.

~Anonymous

StrongButch 11-07-2012 03:38 PM

Quotes

Nothing is so strong as gentleness;nothing so gentle as real strength- It is not good enough to cry for peace we must act peace,live peace and live in peace.

JAGG 11-07-2012 07:05 PM

“Success does not consist in never making mistakes but in never making the same one a second time.” ― George Bernard Shaw

“Do you want me to tell you something really subversive? Love is everything it's cracked up to be. That's why people are so cynical about it. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for. And the trouble is, if you don't risk anything, you risk even more.” ― Erica Jong

There is nothing on earth more beautiful to me than your smile...no sound sweeter than your laughter...no pleasure greater than holding you in my arms. Tell me, love...how can you have reached so far inside my heart?”
― Lisa Kleypas

Duchess 11-08-2012 01:37 AM

"Some memories are like mulligatawny soup in a cheap restaurant. It is best not to stir them."

~P. Wodehouse

Duchess 11-08-2012 01:42 AM

"May we live in peace without weeping. May our joy outline the lives we touch without ceasing. And may our love fill the world, angel wings tenderly beating."

~Irish Blessings

Trey339 11-08-2012 12:43 PM

“Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.”
― Edgar Allan Poe

Electrocell 11-08-2012 12:56 PM

“Letting go means to come to the realization that some people are a part of your history, but not a part of your destiny.”
― Steve Maraboli

“Lots of things can be fixed. Things can be fixed. But many times, relationships between people cannot be fixed, because they should not be fixed. You're aboard a ship setting sail, and the other person has joined the inland circus, or is boarding a different ship, and you just can't be with each other anymore. Because you shouldn't be.”
― C. JoyBell C.

“It is important that we forgive ourselves for making mistakes. We need to learn from our errors and move on.”
― Steve Maraboli, Life, the Truth, and Being Free

Electrocell 11-08-2012 01:07 PM

“If our love is only a will to possess, it is not love.”
― Thich Nhat Hanh, Peace Is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life

“Love gives naught but itself and takes naught but from itself, Love possesses not nor would it be possessed: For love is sufficient unto love.”
― Kahlil Gibran, The Prophet

“For God's sake, let's take the word 'possess' and put a brick round its neck and drown it ... We can't possess one another. We can only give and hazard all we have.”
― Dorothy L. Sayers, Busman's Honeymoon

MissItalianDiva 11-08-2012 01:22 PM

We are the only ones responsible for what goes on in our lives. We can make excuses and blame others, but we are responsible to and for ourselves. Most of us know exactly what it is that creates the pain, confusion, stagnation and disruption in our lives. We must muster the courage and strength to stop it.

~Iyanla Vanzant

Talon 11-08-2012 04:23 PM

I love you with a million hearts...adore you with a thousand eyes...and desire you with a trillion fires.