Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Quotes, Poems, & Sayings... (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111)

JAGG 11-08-2012 08:25 PM

You never know how much you really believe anything until its truth or falsehood becomes a matter of life and death to you.”― C.S. Lewis

“With a secret like that, at some point the secret itself becomes irrelevant. The fact that you kept it does not.” -Sara Gruen

“You are beautiful. Your beauty, just like your capacity for life, happiness, and success, is immeasurable.”― Steve Maraboli

Daywalker 11-08-2012 11:38 PM

‎"From Stoner to Hero in 1.3 hits..."
~ DW ~
:superman:

This is from a conversation I was having with the Amazonatious
One where I was telling her stuff like Octopus's have sex
through their eyeballs and Smokey the Bear endorses
the use of H2o Bongs for safety reasons, cuz if
there's a fire you can put it out with
the water in yer bong.

:weedsmoke:

:daywalker:

Angeltoes 11-09-2012 09:55 AM

The Quiet World
BY JEFFREY MCDANIEL

In an effort to get people to look
into each other’s eyes more,
and also to appease the mutes,
the government has decided
to allot each person exactly one hundred
and sixty-seven words, per day.

When the phone rings, I put it to my ear
without saying hello. In the restaurant
I point at chicken noodle soup.
I am adjusting well to the new way.

Late at night, I call my long distance lover,
proudly say I only used fifty-nine today.
I saved the rest for you.

When she doesn't respond,
I know she’s used up all her words,
so I slowly whisper I love you
thirty-two and a third times.
After that, we just sit on the line
and listen to each other breathe.

Talon 11-09-2012 11:29 AM

....what is savage is in the deepest sense gentle..and what is wild is kind.
In the end, a strangely sweet result...I came back to a wild home.

~Jay Griffiths

Trev 11-09-2012 11:40 AM

"Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it."

~Lou Holtz

Massive 11-09-2012 06:58 PM

"What may be done at any time will be done at no time." ~Scottish Proverb

Trev 11-09-2012 07:49 PM

"Every human has four endowments- self awareness, conscience, independent will and creative imagination. These give us the ultimate human freedom... The power to choose, to respond, to change."

~Stephen R. Covey

JAGG 11-09-2012 08:34 PM

“The best things in life make you sweaty.”- unknown

“That's when you know for sure somebody loves you. They figure out what you need and they give it to you -- without you asking.” ― Adriana Trigiani

“Tears shed for another person are not a sign of weakness. They are a sign of a pure heart.” ― José N. Harris

Trev 11-09-2012 09:34 PM

"The road of life twists and turns and no two directions are ever the same. Yet our lessons come from the journey, not the destination."

~Don Williams, Jr

"A sense of humor... is needed armor. Joy in one's heart and some laughter on one's lips is a sign that the person down deep has a pretty good grasp of life."

~Hugh Sidney

grenade 11-09-2012 09:59 PM

Remember, Body ...
by C. P. Cavafy
translated by Aliki Barnstone

Body, remember not only how much you were loved,
not only the beds where you lay,
but also those desires for you,
shining clearly in eyes
and trembling in a voice—and some chance
obstacle thwarted them.
Now when everything is the past,
it almost looks as if you gave yourself
to those desires as well—how they shone—
remember—in the eyes that looked at you,
how they trembled for you in the voice—remember, body.

Sun 11-09-2012 10:09 PM

Words to live by

"Don't ask what the world needs..ask what makes you come alive, then go do that. Because what the world needs are people who have come alive" - Rev Howard Thurman

Ms. Meander 11-10-2012 07:27 AM

Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.
- Maya Angelou

Trev 11-10-2012 08:04 AM

"Always remember to slow down in life; live, breathe, and learn; take a look around you whenever you have time and never forget everything and every person that has the least place within your heart."

~Unknown

"Life is filled with so many exciting twists and turns. Hop off the straight and narrow whenever you can and take the winding paths. Experience the exhilaration of the view from the edge. Because the moments spent there, that take your breath away, are what make you feel truly alive."

~Stacey Charter

StrongButch 11-10-2012 11:41 AM

Quotes

To enjoy the flavor of life take big bites. Kind words can be short and easy to speak,but their echoes are truly endless.

JAGG 11-11-2012 07:55 AM

“Any happiness, no matter how brief, seemed better than the long, simmering torture of waking up day after day, without her.― Becca Fitzpatrick

“People always say that, when you love someone, nothing in the world matters. But that's not true, is it? You know, and I know, that when you love someone, everything in the world matters a little bit more.” ― Jodi Picoult

“Love me like you'll never see me again.” ― Unknown

Spirit Dancer 11-11-2012 08:06 AM

Once what you have learned finds its emotional place, it is never forgotten.
F. Tirenzi

Soon 11-11-2012 08:26 AM

“A girl should be two things: who and what she wants.”
― Coco Chanel

puddin' 11-11-2012 09:50 AM

"i think, at a child's birth, if a mother could ask a fairy godmother to endow it with the most useful gift, that gift should be curiosity." ~eleanor roosevelt

Duchess 11-11-2012 03:12 PM

"Focus more on your desire than on your doubt, and the dream will take care of itself. You may be surprised at how easily this happens. Your doubts are not as powerful as your desires, unless you make them so." (f)

~Marcia Wieder

Jesse 11-11-2012 03:53 PM

When they go fishing, it is not really fish they are after. It is a philosophic meditation. ~E.T. Brown (Thanks, Walden Woods Project, walden.org)

No matter where you go or what you do, you live your entire life within the confines of your head.
~Terry Josephson

One day, someone showed me a glass of water that was half full. And he said, "Is it half full or half empty?" So I drank the water. No more problem. ~Alexander Jodorowsky

I've observed that there are more lines formed than things worth waiting for. ~Robert Brault, www.robertbrault.com