Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Randomly Posting Stuff Cause You Feel Like It (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=176)

suebee 05-17-2010 09:12 AM

What the heck? I haven't made any new posts, haven't got any new reps, but my rep power keeps going up! Have the powers that be suddenly decided to give more weight to my words? :hammer:

suebee 05-17-2010 11:21 AM

Maybe I'm being rewarded for NOT posting? :scared:

shadows papa 05-17-2010 11:48 AM

CROP CIRCLES...."Because sometimes corn just needs to lay the hell downnnnnnnnnnn!!" :cracked:

BornBronson 05-17-2010 03:23 PM

If America is going to hell in a handbasket,i'm moving to Ireland..just sayin'.
:beachkids:

BestButchBoy 05-17-2010 03:26 PM

If the maître d’ mistakes you for someone famous, there’s no rush to correct him.

Rook 05-17-2010 03:30 PM

Portugal, which is about 90% Catholic, joins the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Norway and Sweden to legalize gay marriage in Europe

Hack 05-17-2010 06:12 PM

I'm stupid obsessed with this song.

Rook 05-17-2010 06:33 PM

gawds....I still cant get over martin sheens.....or charlies real names..:freak:
Martin Sheen = Ramón Antonio Gerard Estévez
Charlie Sheen = Carlos Irwin Estévez
Charlie is a 2nd generation Spaniard-American...Martin's a first.
The family is Spanish-Irish american.
So yeah, whenever Charlie talks spanish with an exaggerated american accent i almost always say "oh get fucked, u know damn well how to say it"
Emilio spoke it Perfectly in "Another Stakeout" when he said to Richard Dreyfuss "Cuidado...Pendejo!!" :giggle: {an awesome Sequal movie...one of the few I'll happily sit and watch...A lot...rosie O'Donells in it, but she's fucking Annoying}
He can't say he wasn't raised speaking spanish cuz even Paula Abdul described how they all communicated and she felt like an Outsider.
At least Emilio stayed true to his name {and their other 2 sibs}...That and Emilio is actually the Elder sib*Another mind boggler, but then..Logic will explain it ....lotsa booze, risky sex, drugs, sunshine....makes ya look Older*...
They're definitely Catholic {I'm still trying to find Any information on Emilio's project called "The Way"}

:duct:
Epic Random

UofMfan 05-17-2010 06:42 PM

Today was one of those days when I felt extremely happy about having a house keeper. I don't think I had ever been so glad to see her at my door this morning :)

I now have perfectly ironed clothes and real food for a few days, yay!

moxie 05-17-2010 06:46 PM

on a dare, but not quite the place

I wanna go to all three so I don't forget anything.

Mister Bent 05-17-2010 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puregrrl (Post 108466)
I wanna go to all three so I don't forget anything.

You. Cheat.

Just_G 05-17-2010 08:42 PM

Today I want to trade places with my sister that fell yesterday, breaking her leg in three places. She can't handle the crutches, is having a hard time getting around, and is so upset that it breaks my heart! I wish it were me and not her. I hate to see my sister hurting like this.

I can't go stay with her because I have no place for my dogs to be, so I sit at my house worried sick about her being at her house alone. I am working on a dog sitter, but so far, no luck. Surgery is scheduled for next week when the swelling goes down.

I wish it were me. *sigh*

Rook 05-17-2010 09:50 PM

im trying to see How I can fix my bedroom to look like a cross between my core Faith....My Boricua Pride....and MadHatter...already got a replica "Hat" on Amazon wishlist, and I saw a Garabato I really like...
baby steps..:deepthoughts:

Nat 05-18-2010 12:17 AM

"He learned that the world is like an enormous spider web and if you touch it, however lightly, at any point, the vibration ripples to the remotest perimeter and the drowsy spider feels the tingle and is drowsy no more but springs out to fling the gossamer coils about you who have touched the web and then inject the black, numbing poison under your hide."

- Robert Penn Warren, All the King's Men

http://blog.fleetowner.com/trucks_at...10/02/web1.jpg

A NOISELESS, patient spider,
I mark’d, where, on a little promontory, it stood, isolated;
Mark’d how, to explore the vacant, vast surrounding,
It launch’d forth filament, filament, filament, out of itself;
Ever unreeling them—ever tirelessly speeding them.

And you, O my Soul, where you stand,
Surrounded, surrounded, in measureless oceans of space,
Ceaselessly musing, venturing, throwing,—seeking the spheres, to connect them;
Till the bridge you will need, be form’d—till the ductile anchor hold;
Till the gossamer thread you fling, catch somewhere, O my Soul.

- Walt Whitman

Rook 05-18-2010 02:44 AM

While staring through the silent Black in my bedroom...
I pondered briefly..
Where does one turn, when Reality is painful & wretched...?
And yet, when one escapes into the world of Dreams, it's just as bad.
Bad when awake, bad when asleep
Distracted whilst walking down the Street, risking avoidable accidents.
Books can be insightful, but pointless when the Mind wanders.
Music is Moot when a Headache looms.
Silence is out of the Question.
Long baths only make one Drowsy, which...falls into the Dream shit again.
I need a thwack in my head with a chilled aluminum bat...maybe a concussion-induced blackout would work :fallenangel:
I need sleep. Bah
:vigil:

redrose 05-18-2010 08:01 AM

adorable 05-18-2010 09:45 AM

My ex and I had custody of her brother for almost the entirety of our relationship. He looked outwardly like he had no problems. He is deaf and developmentally disabled. When he came to live with us he was 14 my and my youngest was four. They played together. As they each got older they were insperable and played. Really. Played. That is developmentally where his head was at. He could barely read and struggled scholastically. He improved tremendously in when he went to a specialized school for the deaf.

In our home it didn't seem strange. It sure did to everyone else at Chuck E Cheese. He was laughing and happy and playing. But because at the time he was 16 - people saw him as a freak. It was with childlike innocence, a happiness to just be with his bff at Chuck E Cheese. I overheard someone say "he must be retarded." O-M-G!

Those two get each other - still do actually. Before her, there was his nephew who was only a couple years younger. He had moved on already to girls, clothes and music. He may never get there.

How people percieve someone with special needs lies in the willingness to understand. Instead of calling him a retard, if that person at Chuck E Cheese had tried to speak to him they would have immediately known he was deaf - had they spent some time with him they would have understood that he was a little boy in a big boy body. Not stupid, not slow, not retarded, not a freak - just there instead of here.

I found that people would have this look of knowing sympathy when they found out he was deaf - as if that was so sad. That didn't limit him. He could read lips and sign. It wasn't enough to assume that they knew what is going on just because they knew someone else who is deaf. He was deaf with lots of other issues that not all deaf people have that DID actually limit him in many ways.

He would cry because people didn't like him. He would destroy things out of frustration and sadness. He didn't understand the world the same way as I understood the world. He didn't have complicated enough vocabulary or sophisticated ability to communicate with the majority of the world.

Being special needs he was spared alot of the realness of world by not being out in as much as others. Both by the people who loved him and through is own blissful ignorance. As he got older and the adult interactions became more common - so did the snide remarks and misunderstandings. The world is not always a friendly place. People do not always understand even when they think they do.

He is about to graduate from high school. It's a very big deal. He took classes to become a carpenter, something that he is actually very good at. He and my daughter are video game fanatics that is all they want to do, they talk on the phone, play facebook games and spend lots of time looking up video game cheats. It's just where they're both at...I'm really glad they have each other.

Enchantress 05-18-2010 10:15 AM

I must study. I must study. I must study.

I'm off to study

Rook 05-18-2010 10:43 AM

There's about 3 different "awareness" groups today on Campus side by side tables... "AIDS"{with anonymous testing available, and the usual red ribbons & condoms....plus pieces of the Quilt}....ALS [ Lou Gehrig's ], and Relay for Life
oddly enuff, when I walked by to get to the PC, I mumbled "it's like walking thru a Freshman hazing line in high school....with the added bonus of Guilt."
[I did donate before I stopped at the Cafe...I'm an asshole, not heartless...Also got a nifty Purple shirt, and red ribbon Pin]

I need more Pop Rocks....

Enchantress 05-18-2010 10:53 AM

A backwards Tuesday perhaps?

I just shampooed with conditioner and conditioned with shampoo.

Any questions?

No? I thought not.

Gemme 05-18-2010 12:32 PM

Nurple rhymes with purple.

Kenna 05-18-2010 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gemme (Post 108968)
Nurple rhymes with purple.

Gemme should come with a warning label today that says: suffering from sleep deprivation, please DO feed me junk food so I can make the Nurples go away.

Rook 05-18-2010 01:15 PM

I went to the Campus LGBTQ center today, since they have a wide variety of Interesting books {Including The Femme Mystique, Queer Blues, Stone Butch Blues, Boots of Leather, Slippers of Gold}
I bumped into a curious Book called
http://www.adlbooks.com/images/product/1555838936F.jpg
Having had enough of it to last Me beyond the aftermath of a Nuclear Holocaust...
I signed my name to take it Home for 4 days.
My Mistake was going to the Library so I can read it peacefully...
From the get-go?
You'd swear I sucked in laughing gas...
the More I read, the harder it was to Quash my laughter and subdue it to small snickering...
And I realized {by the time the Author reached Gertrude Stein & Anne Heche} the content hilarious cuz it's sickeningly True....
I am soooo Buying this book...

:glasses: :seesaw:
:aslpeacelove:

BestButchBoy 05-18-2010 01:42 PM

Learn to pronounce French words correctly. Oui?

Enchantress 05-18-2010 05:19 PM

I just opened an envelope from my niece.

It contained her 2010 Highschool graduation announcement, along with gold glitter.

Not only did the announcement make me happy, but so did the glitter. It covered me, the car and my pup.

A giddy, sweet, light and airy kind of happy.

Sometimes we get what we want in mysterious ways. I needed a feeling of lightness and in the same moment I was *glittered*...

Carry on

Enchantress 05-18-2010 07:57 PM

I made jambalya for dinner and to feel alive I drenched it with Crystal Louisiana hot sauce.

Hot. Hot. Hot.

Gemme 05-18-2010 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet (Post 108985)

Gemme should come with a warning label today that says: suffering from sleep deprivation, please DO feed me junk food so I can make the Nurples go away.

The sleep deprivation isn't that bad. I'll take the junk food anyway, though.

Not only does nurple rhyme with purple, it *is* purple...at least for a while. :blink:

Enchantress 05-18-2010 09:11 PM

Off to get comfy and watch a bit of telly. I'm hoping desperately to be able to stay awake for V.

Enchantress 05-18-2010 10:48 PM

Cue the music and requisite sob

..because I'm just that sappy..

But shhh don't tell anyone

UofMfan 05-19-2010 10:24 AM

I am devastated. I can´t add anymore names to my relationship status. Why must we be defined by a certain number of characters? What am I to do now?

StoneFinn 05-19-2010 06:57 PM

William "Rocket Man" Shatner

Good Good Man... I. Love. You.

(watch the whole thing people... the last 2 minutes... will... be... worth ...... it. )

Random 05-19-2010 07:33 PM

I attempted to seduce my butch to this song...

It didn't work.. she couldn't stop laughing..

Quote:

Originally Posted by StoneFinn (Post 110152)
Good Good Man... I. Love. You.

(watch the whole thing people... the last 2 minutes... will... be... worth ...... it. )

Lady Pamela 05-19-2010 08:20 PM

I wanted to post this for all the people on the planet who have lost a loved one the past couple days.
Also for those who are facing loosing someone very soon.

~*~ Spirit Dancer and family ~*~
~*~ MissItalianDiva and family ~*~
~*~ Myself and family ~*~

The posts for these are on the " Light a candle" thread

Kätzchen 05-19-2010 08:33 PM

I'm having a bit of troubles today - first it was homework, then it was the car, now it's the fact that I forgot that Katzie was already one of my friends which largely points to the fact that I'm having one of those "days."

*cough*

I came back to post a quote that I think is totally amazing.

I've saved it for years in my diary of quotes.

It's from Rachel Carson's (1956) book, The Sense of Wonder:

"If I had the influence with the Good Fairy who is supposed to preside over
the christening of all the children; I should ask that her gift to each child
be a sense of wonder so indestructible that it would last throughout life,
as an unfailing antidote against boredom and disenchantments of later
years, the sterile preoccupation with things that are artificial, the alienation
from the source of our strength."

Apparently, I did not write down the page number. I must have been having one of those days back then, too! *Imagine that*

BestButchBoy 05-20-2010 11:55 AM

Expect the seat in front of you to recline. Prepare accordingly.

Semantics 05-20-2010 12:43 PM

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n.../engineers.jpg

PinkieLee 05-20-2010 01:45 PM

I am cravin' sushi so bad right now... I would knock an old woman over for an Obe Roll & a Crunch Roll :)

foxyshaman 05-20-2010 02:13 PM

MUST. GET. OFF. LINE.

WORK. PAY. BILLS. Is it odd that I intially typed bliss instead of bills?? Must be one of those days!!!

Lillie 05-20-2010 02:16 PM

http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/...1175273222.jpg
:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

Passionaria 05-20-2010 02:23 PM

For Pinkie

Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkieLee (Post 110792)
I am cravin' sushi so bad right now... I would knock an old woman over for an Obe Roll & a Crunch Roll :)