Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singles Mingle (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   How many femmes are attracted to butches? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8522)

Ender 12-07-2017 08:59 PM

How many femmes are attracted to butches?

I'm looking, but it feels like there aren't many girls who would like to date a butch; and I just feel kind of defeated.

~ocean 12-07-2017 09:53 PM

The youth of today aren't as old fashioned as the "Dance" between butch's and femme's used to be ! But we ( femmes ) are out there ! Be patient :)

Deborah* 01-04-2018 11:31 PM

I've never dated a feminine woman.

A memory... years ago, I had a roommate who had this dominant feminine friend who fancied me. My roommate would say "think of her as a butch who wears lipstick, she's also rich" and I said "no way am I interested, that's disgusting!" Also is the fact that I don't use people for their money.

Deborah

EnchantedNightDweller 01-05-2018 12:57 AM

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/01/43/42/0...ge-couples.jpg

imperfect_cupcake 01-05-2018 05:00 AM

Ender, you are in Alberta.
If you moved to Vancouver you'd be swimming in it. Every single butch I know that has moved here from AB has said exactly the same thing
"Holy shit! It's great here for dating!! They *LOVE* butches!"

Then they do a back stroke in dates.

Wrong province, dude.

The femmes are starving here.

*Anya* 01-05-2018 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deborah* (Post 1190896)

>>>snip<<<

I've never dated a feminine woman.

Deborah

My first "real" girlfriend was a femme. She was my best friend and we just fell in love and took it from there.

There was always a sexual charge missing for me but I never could put my finger on :blush: what it was exactly.

Then I reconnected with a butch that I had met in NOW after the femme and I ended our romantic relationship and went back to being best friends.

One date with the butch.

She said: "Come here, I want to kiss you".

Knees weak.

Then I knew what it was that I had unconsciously been missing.

Femmes are friends and sisters for me. They always will be.

I always chuckle at the title of this thread: How many Femmes are attracted to butches?

Uh, most all of us that are on this site.

girl_dee 01-05-2018 01:05 PM

i’m attracted to both but only can only be in a relationship with a butch woman

introverted1 04-28-2018 04:03 PM

Me. I'm attracted to butches.

introverted1 04-28-2018 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Anya* (Post 1190930)
My first "real" girlfriend was a femme. She was my best friend and we just fell in love and took it from there.

There was always a sexual charge missing for me but I never could put my finger on :blush: what it was exactly.

Then I reconnected with a butch that I had met in NOW after the femme and I ended our romantic relationship and went back to being best friends.

One date with the butch.

She said: "Come here, I want to kiss you".

Knees weak.

Then I knew what it was that I had unconsciously been missing.

Femmes are friends and sisters for me. They always will be.

I always chuckle at the title of this thread: How many Femmes are attracted to butches?

Uh, most all of us that are on this site.

I experienced the same sort of thing. I've been with femmes before, but once I experienced the butch/femme dynamic? It's all I want, now.

Signmypapyrus 04-28-2018 08:58 PM

But aren’t there degrees of butchness? Like today I saw a photo of Kate Spade, and jeez, if she were just a bit more masculine.... ugh yes! Or Cherry Jones is another one.
Granted, it’s down to personality. Like the butches I’ve liked are confident, smart, kind, and carry themselves in a certain way.

Maybe?

JDeere 04-28-2018 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Signmypapyrus (Post 1208265)
But aren’t there degrees of butchness? Like today I saw a photo of Kate Spade, and jeez, if she were just a bit more masculine.... ugh yes! Or Cherry Jones is another one.
Granted, it’s down to personality. Like the butches I’ve liked are confident, smart, kind, and carry themselves in a certain way.

Maybe?

Ive heard many non butch femme folks talk about degrees of butchness. To me having degrees of anything negates someones identity.

Signmypapyrus 04-28-2018 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDeere (Post 1208267)
Ive heard many non butch femme folks talk about degrees of butchness. To me having degrees of anything negates someones identity.

But isn’t this just socially constructing a binary then? The same could go for femmes. I’m not super femme-y, which dismantles social hierarchies and gender distinctions. I think that’s the beauty of what Judith Butler was getting at when she was talking about gender being performative.

JDeere 04-28-2018 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Signmypapyrus (Post 1208278)
But isn’t this just socially constructing a binary then? The same could go for femmes. I’m not super femme-y, which dismantles social hierarchies and gender distinctions. I think that’s the beauty of what Judith Butler was getting at when she was talking about gender being performative.

Idk about constructing a binary. I just don't really care what others outside of the glbtqia community think about gender.

Signmypapyrus 04-29-2018 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDeere (Post 1208286)
Idk about constructing a binary. I just don't really care what others outside of the glbtqia community think about gender.

Oh! Thanks for letting me know. For reference, this is Judith Butler: https://vcresearch.berkeley.edu/faculty/judith-butler

Chained Daisy 04-29-2018 09:50 AM

In response the the thread there are lots of Femmes and Butches out there I believe but they are scattered far and wide, a statistical cluster would be advantageous for dating I think !

Though no longer taking applications or applying I am attracted to Butches and FTM`s.

As far as the phrase `degrees of butchness` goes I would take that to just be a clumsy way of saying the spectrum of how Butches present, from tomboi, soft butch, or harder, extremely masculine looking etc. Every Butch and every Femme has their own unique blend and I dont believe how they present, their preferences in the bedroom or whether they are a Butch attracted to other Butches or likewise with Femmes gives them any more or less of a degree of their identity.

Peace.

Signmypapyrus 04-29-2018 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chained Daisy (Post 1208372)
In response the the thread there are lots of Femmes and Butches out there I believe but they are scattered far and wide, a statistical cluster would be advantageous for dating I think !

Though no longer taking applications or applying I am attracted to Butches and FTM`s.

As far as the phrase `degrees of butchness` goes I would take that to just be a clumsy way of saying the spectrum of how Butches present, from tomboi, soft butch, or harder, extremely masculine looking etc. Every Butch and every Femme has their own unique blend and I dont believe how they present, their preferences in the bedroom or whether they are a Butch attracted to other Butches or likewise with Femmes gives them any more or less of a degree of their identity.

Peace.

Yes, I think this is a great way of putting it! And for reference, if I hit a nerve with anyone, don't hesitate to tag me or message me! I like having these types of conversation, which I think are important.

Chained Daisy 04-29-2018 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Signmypapyrus (Post 1208399)
Yes, I think this is a great way of putting it! And for reference, if I hit a nerve with anyone, don't hesitate to tag me or message me! I like having these types of conversation, which I think are important.

Yes they are important ! Especially with new people coming to the site. Even though most topics have been covered in the wealth of previous threads over the years its good to keep discussions current and alive.

I think its quite difficult to make the right tone come across in the written word as well. For the record, if typing were talking, I smile a lot and am softly spoken, I also speak with my hands and usually spill my tea !

DapperButch 04-29-2018 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Signmypapyrus (Post 1208399)

Historically, "degrees of butchness" is very triggering for this community. It hits the whole topic of one "not being butch enough". My understanding is that many butches have experienced their femme partners saying this as a way to hurt them.

I don't see it being problematic to talk about how masculine presenting a person is, however. I would go with that language.

Signmypapyrus 04-29-2018 05:34 PM

I honestly did not intend for this thread to go down this route. As someone who has not only been abused, but also been harassed, I am very sorry. It was a simple mistake. I take these things very seriously and I am very sorry if I have hurt or harmed anyone.

To qualify how I am in real life, I am very ditsy (similar to Jess from New Girl). I think my posts are commonly misread so I think it's best that I either take a break or leave permanently.

Thanks and, again, I am so, so sorry.

Chained Daisy 04-30-2018 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Signmypapyrus (Post 1208442)
I honestly did not intend for this thread to go down this route. As someone who has not only been abused, but also been harassed, I am very sorry. It was a simple mistake. I take these things very seriously and I am very sorry if I have hurt or harmed anyone.

To qualify how I am in real life, I am very ditsy (similar to Jess from New Girl). I think my posts are commonly misread so I think it's best that I either take a break or leave permanently.

Thanks and, again, I am so, so sorry.

I for one would do not wish you to leave, clearly you are regretful about the turn this thread has taken and have apologised for any hurt caused. And I`ll also add by saying that that I am by no means being dismissive or overlooking the hurt triggered by the discussion here. As Dapper touched on, `degrees of ~fill in the blank` have sadly been used as a tool to hurt. Why anyone one would do that is a mystery to me.

(f)