Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Celebrity, Music, Television, Internet Culture (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Orange is the New Black: Season 3 (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7806)

*Anya* 05-28-2015 11:33 PM

Orange is the New Black: Season 3

Please post Spoiler Alert and episode # in title.

Orange is the New Black!

Season 3 Discussion Starts June 12th!

Looking forward to everyone's perspectives!

:vigil:

*Anya* 06-07-2015 04:36 PM

Bump!

5 more days everyone!

:cheesy:

grenade 06-07-2015 05:56 PM

I'm so excited!!!!

*Anya* 06-07-2015 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grenade (Post 994060)
I'm so excited!!!!

I am too!

It is so much fun to be able to go over each episode here!

I always have something new to think about when I read everyone's post!

C0LLETTE 06-07-2015 08:15 PM

Perhaps it's been mentioned here before but in between episodes of OITNB, it's worth watching the Aussie series "Prisoner: Cell Block H", an Australian soap about the inmates at the fictional women's prison Wentworth ... The show ran from 1979 to 1986, and the follow up series is "Wentworth" ( 2013). Both are excellent. You will see a lot of "similarities" with OITNB.

Daisy Chain 06-08-2015 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C0LLETTE (Post 994108)
Perhaps it's been mentioned here before but in between episodes of OITNB, it's worth watching the Aussie series "Prisoner: Cell Block H", an Australian soap about the inmates at the fictional women's prison Wentworth ... The show ran from 1979 to 1986, and the follow up series is "Wentworth" ( 2013). Both are excellent. You will see a lot of "similarities" with OITNB.

You are right Collette,

I watched this is the 80`s long before I realised I was queer or Femme...I remember a scene with a butch called Frankie where she had been led on by an inmate who then rejected her...Frankie called her a bloody little tease. I felt so mad for Frankie and strangely drawn to her, I always adored her, I liked her roughness, swagger and attitude but also the tenderness she showed at times. It seems so obvious why now !

DC

diamondrose 06-08-2015 03:50 PM

I am so excited about the new season!!! I only follow this show and one other show!!! I can not contain my excitement to see another season on the horizon!!

*Anya* 06-11-2015 11:52 PM

Pssst! OITNB already streaming, a day early!

We just watched the first episode because we did not read about it until it was pretty late this evening.

Chat tomorrow!

:)

HoldMeSteady 06-12-2015 03:09 PM

EPISODE 1

I like the episode. The part at the end when the mother got told she wasn't going to be seeing her child anymore with no warning or conversation was especially poignant and painful. I could feel her powerlessness. I also felt the sadness when the day got cut short and all the kids had to fall to a lying down position. Balloon flying into the air. And it was nice to see Piper and Alex back together for a few minutes. And see Lea DeLaria looking appropriately scary/funny. i like Big Boo and Nicky story lines - dyke bonding and funny.

HoldMeSteady 06-12-2015 03:20 PM

EPISODE 2

I'm feeling frustrated with the Piper storyline. Didn't she realize that's she's not Snow White in the first season. Does she have to realize that again? Or maybe it's because in actual life we do usually growth usually takes repeating? Also, for once, the sex between Piper and Alex did not feel real. Who eats pussy during angry sex?

Also, I was not happy with the scene with the scene where Daya's Mother's "Domestic Partner" took out the gun. Poverty, sexism, domestic violence - I buy. Holding a gun to a kids head for not eating his french fries seemed over the top to me.

I'm also not getting Bennett's reaction. He doesn't seem like the type to give up his baby. Is this supposed to be linked to his not throwing himself on the grenade?

Nat 06-12-2015 09:38 PM

Spoiler Alert Season 3 Episode 4

Boo's dad: You won't even recognize her she's so frail.

Boo: I can handle it, Pop.

Boo's dad: I don't think she can.

Boo: What, you mean the sight of her dyke daughter is gonna make her worse?

Boo's dad: Carrie, would it kill you to put on some other clothes before you see her?

Boo: Well, these are my good Chucks, Pop.

Boo's dad: You know what I mean.

Boo: Gosh. I am so fucking tired. I have been her daughter for 42 years. Now, don't you think she could have taken some of that time to work on accepting me for who I am, rather than mourning every fucking thing that I am not?

Boo's dad: I understand that whatever this is, is important to you, but it's a costume, that's all. The rest of us, we get up, put on a suit and a tie, we go to work. You think that's how I wanted to dress five days a week? No, of course not. But no one gets the privilege of being themselves all the time, Carrie. No one. Now if you want to go in there and upset her, I'm not gonna stop you. But you need to decide whether your costume is worth what it's costing you.

Boo: I have had to fight for this all my life, Dad. All my life. Strangers, girlfriends, fuck, even my own parents all asking me to be something that I am not. Do you have any idea what that feels like? Like your whole fucking existence is being denied? Like, 'Woah, you'd be better off if you were invisible.'? Yeah. I refuse to be invisible, Daddy. Not for you, not for Mom, not for anybody. So, um, I'm sorry.

*Anya* 06-12-2015 10:20 PM

Half-way through episode 2.

Not grabbing me yet.

Feels off for some reason. We watched episode one last night.

The GF and I weren't feeling that one either.

Maybe expectations were too high, we will see how it goes.

:scarytv:

CherryWine 06-12-2015 11:50 PM

We have watched 3 episodes. Feeling pretty high and dry, so far. I love Big Boo, so after reading Nat's post I have high hopes. I've heard Lea Delaria is going to have a bigger role this year. Not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but I hope it gets better!

Nat 06-13-2015 12:18 PM

Spoiler Alert Season 3 Episode 7

"Do you think that growing up with all that money was good for you?"

"in what way?"

"Like, did being a rich person make you better?"

"A lot of people expect it to fill some sort of emotional hole, and all it really does is buy stuff."

HoldMeSteady 06-13-2015 11:01 PM

Just finished ep 7 and I finally really enjoyed an episode. One thing I like is that the flashbacks often have a theme that plays out in the rest of the episode. Can't write any more. Too tired :-)

cricket26 06-14-2015 08:19 AM

i watched the first 3 episodes and find that pipers relationship with vause gets more dysfunctional and predictable every episode..and find myself enjoying the stories of the other characters and have cried twice already, once when nicky goes "down the hill" and once when suzanne realizes vee is dead...i am hooked...but can i also say that i really hate the theme music...just my two cents :)

Nat 06-14-2015 12:27 PM

Just finished season 3 - I liked it.

betruetoyoursoul 06-14-2015 12:48 PM

Well it appears many of you are way ahead of me...lol...I am getting there....We just watched episode two...I am enjoying the show so far. Wentworth on Netflix does get a bit more intense. I still look forward to what the rest of the season brings on Orange is the New Black*S....Have a great day everyone.

*Anya* 06-15-2015 07:26 AM

Spoiler alert! Episode 4

Starting to grab us; episode 4 finished last night.

What kind of confuses me is that at the end of season 2, Piper was so mad at Alex Vause getting out of prison and Piper was still in; the next thing (just about) Vause is back in and they are passionate lovers again.

Angry sex at first, yes, but then they let the anger go.

How could Piper let it go so quickly? Guilt at calling Vauses' Probation Officer about the gun? Getting Vause re-arrested?

How could Vause let her anger at getting busted because of Piper, just disappear? Because she really loves Piper? It did not seem like it last season. It appeared from the flashbacks, Piper was more of a plaything to Vause.

It just did not ring true to me though it is entertainment, not real life (as my GF likes to remind me).

What do you think about that quick turn-around?

CherryWine 06-15-2015 08:36 AM

That also struck me as strange, Anya. As did the fact that it seemed like their roles where completely reversed all of the sudden, with Alex becoming the weaker of the two.

That being said, the show did get better with each episode, in my opinion. We now only have one episode left, and I am a little sad.