Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What are you reading? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1589)

Breathless 02-04-2018 03:39 PM

Currently working on 2 books outside of my textbooks..
SM 101 .. and The Four Agreements

Greco 02-04-2018 03:42 PM

books...books...book love...

"Hard-Boiled Wonderland And The End
Of The World" by

Haruki Murakami

He's on a different planet...what a writer.

And speaking of wonderful writers...

"The Opposite of Fate
Memories of a Writing Life" by

Amy Tan

the mysterious twists
and turns of her life...stunning.

Greco

Kätzchen 02-06-2018 11:18 AM

Camino Island (John Grisham).

I stayed up late last night and read half of this book, which is really good! It's about the fictional heist of rare books and manuscripts by F. Scott Fitzgerald from Princeton University....and how the story centers upon Mercer, who grew up on Camino Island with her grandmother. Mercer is approached by Elaine, who is working for her client, who insured the Fitzgerald books and manuscripts. Elaine hires Mercer to help solve the crime.

I'm enjoying this Grisham story immensely!

Medusa 02-06-2018 11:29 AM

I just downloaded "Life After Death" by Damien Echols to listen to on audiobook when I make my trip later this week.

I've followed his case for years and enjoy his writing style. He's not a professional writer at all but it's honest writing and I suspect he writes much the way he speaks.

Mopsie 02-06-2018 01:53 PM

https://images.gr-assets.com/books/1...l/29508185.jpg

Growing up on Long Island, Shelby Richmond is an ordinary girl until one night an extraordinary tragedy changes her fate. Her best friend’s future is destroyed in an accident, while Shelby walks away with the burden of guilt.

What happens when a life is turned inside out? When love is something so distant it may as well be a star in the sky? Faithful is the story of a survivor, filled with emotion—from dark suffering to true happiness—a moving portrait of a young woman finding her way in the modern world. A fan of Chinese food, dogs, bookstores, and men she should stay away from, Shelby has to fight her way back to her own future. In New York City she finds a circle of lost and found souls—including an angel who’s been watching over her ever since that fateful icy night.

homoe 02-06-2018 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kätzchen (Post 1197264)
Camino Island (John Grisham).

I stayed up late last night and read half of this book, which is really good! It's about the fictional heist of rare books and manuscripts by F. Scott Fitzgerald from Princeton University....and how the story centers upon Mercer, who grew up on Camino Island with her grandmother. Mercer is approached by Elaine, who is working for her client, who insured the Fitzgerald books and manuscripts. Elaine hires Mercer to help solve the crime.

I'm enjoying this Grisham story immensely!

Yes, I've also enjoyed this book immensely and finished it in two days!

ardentfemme 02-06-2018 10:39 PM

God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater by Vonnegut. I love him.

cinnamongrrl 02-07-2018 12:48 PM

For myself:

I just got Grandma Gateways Walk in the mail. I've wanted to read this book for YEARS. It's about the first woman to hike the Appalachian trail. She was an older lady and did it in tennis shoes and a knapsack.

For school:

I'm reading Slave Narratives: Stories of the underground railroad. It includes numerous excerpts from escaped slaves and how they found their way to freedom. Very moving. I only cry every other page or so.

Kätzchen 02-09-2018 10:49 AM

Gosh, I read the Patterson crime novel in ONE day! It was really good! This particular crime novel is told from first person narrative (?) The protagonist suffers from an condition that makes his mind race in a million directions and the subtext of the story is how his condition makes him think of favorite movie scenes which compare closely to the fast paced investigation to find the woman he loves, but turns out that the woman he loves was an spy, nothing he remotely even knew about her! For movie fans and fans of crime thrillers, this is an must read book!

I received three books yesterday: two new books by James Patterson.... Cross Kill and Taking the Titanic!

And an new romance novel by Georgia Beers titled What Matters Most.

I'm looking forward to reading all three this weekend!

clay 02-09-2018 10:58 AM

Winter Street by Elin Hilderbrand....fiction but a good read.

homoe 02-10-2018 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kätzchen (Post 1197609)
Gosh, I read the Patterson crime novel in ONE day! It was really good! This particular crime novel is told from first person narrative (?) The protagonist suffers from an condition that makes his mind race in a million directions and the subtext of the story is how his condition makes him think of favorite movie scenes which compare closely to the fast paced investigation to find the woman he loves, but turns out that the woman he loves was an spy, nothing he remotely even knew about her! For movie fans and fans of crime thrillers, this is an must read book!

I received three books yesterday: two new books by James Patterson.... Cross Kill and Taking the Titanic!

And an new romance novel by Georgia Beers titled What Matters Most.

I'm looking forward to reading all three this weekend!

I've only just read one Patterson's book so far. The one you posted about sounds right up my alley!

Martina 02-10-2018 05:50 PM

The Pritchett Century: A Collection of the Best of V.S. Pritchett

When I'm done, I am going to dive into a box of Scandinavian murder mysteries a friend sent me. I hope I find one by Asa Larrson. I watched the series Rebecka Martinsson based on her books, and I really liked it. It's on Amazon's Acorn channel. I recommend it.

tantalizingfemme 02-10-2018 06:28 PM

Loner, by Teddy Wayne

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/25/b...yne-loner.html

When I was in Portland, Oregon last year I went to Powell's and this was a staff pick. I never would have heard of it otherwise.

Kätzchen 02-10-2018 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tantalizingfemme (Post 1197781)
Loner, by Teddy Wayne

When I was in Portland, Oregon last year I went to Powell's and this was a staff pick. I never would have heard of it otherwise.

How cool, right on! I heart Powell's!

I would have never read any book by James Patterson except I read about him in a book review via a major big city newspaper? The Patterson books are superbly written. Interesting about Patterson: Some of his books are series books; his group series books are authored by him alone; quite a few of his BOOK SHOTS short stories are co-written with other writers or well known people from an variety of backgrounds. The co-written crime thrillers are sooooo good!

Tantalizing? You'll have to tell us about the book you're reading (novel? Non-fiction?) And any other details, especially if you really liked your book.

homoe 02-10-2018 06:42 PM

Quote:

Loner, by Teddy Wayne

This looks like a real gem!

I love it when stores have employee picks. Who would know books any better!

tantalizingfemme 02-10-2018 06:44 PM

[QUOTE=Kätzchen;1197784]How cool, right on!

I would have never read any book by James Patterson except I read about him in a book review via a major big city newspaper? The Patterson books are superbly written. Interesting about Patterson: Some of his books are series books; his group series books are authored by him alone; quite a few of his BOOK SHOTS short stories are co-written with other writers or we known people from an variety of backgrounds. The co-written crime thrillers are sooooo good!

Tantalizing? You'll have to tell us about the book you're reading (novel? Non-fiction?) And any other details, especially if you really liked your book.[/QUOTE

I am always overwhelmed when I go to bookstores because I never know what to look for except in the new release areas. I started only looking at staff picks in the last couple of years because I figured if they liked it that much, and the premise of the book was interesting to me, why not? I have read some great books due to this.

I will definitely let you know how I like it.

I read Patterson years and years ago. I was addicted to his Alex Cross series. I kind of burned myself out on him. I also loved Jeffrey Deaver's Lincoln Rhyme's series and his spin-off series Kathryn Dance series.

I read like you. Very fast when I love the book.

Martina 02-10-2018 06:47 PM

Quote:

Loner, by Teddy Wayne

Wow. That nytimes review is pretty negative.

tantalizingfemme 02-10-2018 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martina (Post 1197789)
Wow. That nytimes review is pretty negative.

I know. I actually wanted to read it more because it was so negative.

Kätzchen 02-10-2018 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tantalizingfemme (Post 1197787)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kätzchen (Post 1197784)
How cool, right on!

I would have never read any book by James Patterson except I read about him in a book review via a major big city newspaper? The Patterson books are superbly written. Interesting about Patterson: Some of his books are series books; his group series books are authored by him alone; quite a few of his BOOK SHOTS short stories are co-written with other writers or we known people from an variety of backgrounds. The co-written crime thrillers are sooooo good!

Tantalizing? You'll have to tell us about the book you're reading (novel? Non-fiction?) And any other details, especially if you really liked your book.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tantalizing
I am always overwhelmed when I go to bookstores because I never know what to look for except in the new release areas. I started only looking at staff picks in the last couple of years because I figured if they liked it that much, and the premise of the book was interesting to me, why not? I have read some great books due to this.

I will definitely let you know how I like it.

I read Patterson years and years ago. I was addicted to his Alex Cross series. I kind of burned myself out on him. I also loved Jeffrey Deaver's Lincoln Rhyme's series and his spin-off series Kathryn Dance series.

I read like you. Very fast when I love the book.

Yep, me too, I devour books like that too!

Sounds like a plan, I hope the book is enlightening (good books are that way for me, they enlighten me).

jools66 02-11-2018 02:06 AM

If you like fictional crime novels Lynda La Plante is an excellent writer. Her books get you hooked in no time.