Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Newbie Introductions (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Hello from semi-upstate NY (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5801)

easygoingfemme 10-06-2012 09:45 PM

Hello from semi-upstate NY

Hello from semi-upstate NY!

I’m in the Albany area. Grew up here, moved downstate and lived in New Paltz/High Falls for college, then New Mexico for a couple years and moved back here about 12 years ago.

I’m a Holistic Health Counselor and have a small private practice. Before that I worked in Domestic Violence for about 10 years, prevention programs first and then managed a shelter for a number of years. Now I work helping women heal their relationships with food and the world around them. I love what I do.

I have a 13 year old daughter who I am very close to. She is an awesome quirky kid who is doing her own thing in the world. She is homeschooled and spends a lot of time doing theater internships, reading and writing books, knitting, playing in the dirt, and hanging with her equally quirky friends.
Also living in the house are Lucky the black lab, Oma and Ella the cats, and a few thousand honey bees. Well, the bees are out in the back yard. They are one of my daughter's projects. I like when she harvests the honey.

I love riding bikes and bike touring. My daughter and I have biked across NY four times and have future intentions of biking across America.

Last year I split up with my partner of almost 10 years and have had an interesting year moving forward from that and thinking about what I want for my future self. It’s an intense and healing journey and I am happy.

Thanks for having me here on BFP!

durrrrrrrr 10-06-2012 09:47 PM

welcome to BFP

SleepyButch 10-06-2012 09:50 PM

Hello and welcome to the planet. We are glad you found us! Looks like you are already off to a good start with all of your posts. Hope you have a lot of fun here!

Electrocell 10-06-2012 09:55 PM

Welcome to the Planet.

Sparkle 10-06-2012 10:00 PM

Welcome easygoingfemme,

I grew up a little bit west of Albany and went to New Paltz for college as well. :)

If you ever find yourself in Western Mass let me know, we can meet up for a coffee.

I'm sure you'll find BFP very hospitable! Have fun!

LoyalWolfsBlade 10-06-2012 10:00 PM

Welcome and wow across NY that sounds like fun and a big accomplishment. I miss the east coast never lived in NY but have driven across it many times....just so I could avoid going over the bridge on Interstate 90.
Enjoy your stay but I would not be me if I did not give my usual warning: pull up a chair and join in plenty of nice and different people here however this place can be more addictive then anything you have heard of or experienced....warning sign loosing track of time when you sign on!! I know I do every time I sign on to the Planet.

*Anya* 10-06-2012 10:12 PM

Your posts reflect a very interesting person and I look forward to many more from you!

Welcome to the Planet.

It is a wonderful place to be:)

cinnamongrrl 10-06-2012 10:23 PM

Welcome to the Planet :) We (Teddybear) and I are in central Massachusetts....hope you have fun here :)

-Red-Flag- 10-06-2012 10:27 PM

Hello and welcome ... Maine here..

Enjoy your time here.. Its a wonderful place.

always2late 10-06-2012 10:32 PM

Welcome to the Planet :)

clay 10-06-2012 10:48 PM

Welcome!!

Hi Easy:
Glad you have found us!!! Incredibly wonderful Intro!! Pleased to make your acquaintance!! Look forward to seeing your posts!!!

Hominid 10-06-2012 10:49 PM

Welcome almost neighbor! Your life sounds fantastic - thank you for sharing.

Stud_puppy1991 10-06-2012 10:58 PM

Hello from southern IN! Welcome to the Planet. I see you're already making a very nice impression, if I may say so. I am enjoying your posts and I truly look forward to more from you. Your life does sound wonderful. We are all friendly here, and I am sure you'll have some friends in no time. Feel free to PM anytime. And, once again, welcome.

Dance-with-me 10-06-2012 11:54 PM

Squeeeeeeeeeee!

::smooch::

Welcome! So glad you're here!

easygoingfemme 10-07-2012 06:05 AM

Thanks for all of the warm welcomes!

Smooches back DWM! (Dance With Me and I have known each other for maybe 10 years now? and she recruited me to BFP- thanks honey!)

Ginger 10-07-2012 06:36 AM

Welcome to the Planet! I love upstate... especially Columbia County; their fair Rocks, IMO and is cooler than the Dutchess County Fair. We should have a BFP leaf peeping weekend! There are more and more folks up there, joining the planet. :)

Abigail Crabby 10-07-2012 06:55 AM

Hello and welcome to the Planet :tea:

Bard 10-07-2012 06:58 AM

Howdy and welcome to the planet from Syracuse

ruffryder 10-07-2012 09:26 AM

Welcome to BFP! Gotta love teenage girls, they are quite the characters. I have one myself. :) Hope you enjoy yourself here!

easygoingfemme 10-07-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IslandScout (Post 670172)
Welcome to the Planet! I love upstate... especially Columbia County; their fair Rocks, IMO and is cooler than the Dutchess County Fair. We should have a BFP leaf peeping weekend! There are more and more folks up there, joining the planet. :)

Leaf peeping weekend would be fun! Sadly we're about at peak now and it wasn't a normal season with the lack of rain this summer. Big loss for both our apples and good color on the trees. I did a few days on the Northville Placid trail a couple of weeks ago when it was just starting and there were some really nice sights to see there.

Nice to see so many folks in the area and from familiar stomping grounds!