Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What is on your mind (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147)

Bèsame* 06-11-2020 07:40 PM

‘Deeply sorry’ Lady Antebellum changes name due to associations with slavery: ‘We have been awakened’
AOL.COM 7 hrs ago

After 14 years and eight album releases, Grammy-winning country trio Lady Antebellum has officially changed its name, dropping the “Antebellum” due to “associations that weigh down this word referring to the period of history before the Civil War, which includes slavery.” From now on, the band will officially go by its longtime nickname, Lady A.

Orema 06-15-2020 08:54 AM

It's on ...

ANTS

They're back, but I've got some amazing HomeDepot bug killer and some peppermint oil (they don't stand a chance with this kind of armory).

Bring it on.

Stone-Butch 06-15-2020 05:39 PM

On my mind

We have finally gotten a few cool days. Nice sunshine and cool breezes replace hot enough to split rocks. I hope it stays this way a few more days. My kind of weather, I can't take the heat.

easygoingfemme 06-15-2020 07:15 PM

The overwhelming urge to correct spelling and grammar when pro-trump people blast things on facebook that are riddled with error.

I'm restraining myself. For now.

Starfish 06-16-2020 04:14 AM

Disappointment

My best friend, her wife and kids were supposed to join us on vacation. We"ve rented a house at the beach. She now has Covid. I'm worried because she is so incredibly ill and disappointed because our time together was taken.

Stone-Butch 06-16-2020 09:19 AM

On your mind

I do wish I could say but many would not understand.

C0LLETTE 06-16-2020 09:39 AM

On my mind :Should I go get the flowers first or the card.

ksrainbow 08-15-2020 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksrainbow (Post 1264731)
Frenchie: her dissertation tomorrow at 10 am at U of I
Frenchie: her 8 year's of influencing so many life's
Frenchie: her future at Bentley University

ks-

Frenchie: Congrats and best wishes!
Frenchie: Your influence on others has been amazing!
Frenchie: Bentley University has acquired their best Doctor!

See you soon!
ks-

Orema 09-05-2020 06:12 AM

Health

Got a good health report from my doctor. Lost 15 lbs since my last visit. Bones are in “great“ shape, calcium output is much better, the ultrasound picked up a pinpoint on a parathyroid, but nothing to be concerned about for now—that explains the increase in calcium output. Will keep an eye on the my calcium through blood tests. Sugar is good. Blood pressure was high but I’ve been eating more salt than usual. Will work on that.

Forgot to ask about the Gel-1 for my knee! I have to call them in a week or so and will mention it then.

Bèsame* 09-10-2020 10:24 PM

My neice and her family in Oregon. She says she is 30 miles from the fire now. Some of her pictures are quite eerie. The sun being blanketed by the smoke.

My eyes are on the storms a brewing out in the Atlantic. I'll be moving and I hope they don't throw a wrench in the plans.

Enough with 2020! I'm really trying to turn it around!

Orema 09-19-2020 08:44 AM

White women pretending to be Black women.

It's interesting that many of these women would be considered unattractive White women by American beauty standards, but somewhat attractive as Black women by those same standards.

I wonder if this played a part in them deciding to deceive people and if so, by how much.

Bèsame* 09-19-2020 02:13 PM

what an absolutely beautiful day this is!

Had lunch with my bestie, saw her mom and had a wee little retail therapy. Seriously, I cant buy anything. I'm pulling together a little surprise gift that should arrive just when needed.

I've opened up the windows and enjoying the late summer breeze.

girl_dee 09-19-2020 08:34 PM

My mind is all over the place.. sign of the current times......

nanners 09-20-2020 08:13 AM

What’s on my mind?
How blessed I am to be married to the kindest, most handsome butch in the world, and how she treats me better than anyone ever has. I can’t wait to move to be with her. Two weeks in October I’ll be ecstatically happy. I’ve never been this happy.

Why my little kitten is sneezing after almost a whole round of clavamox.

How sad I am about RBG.

How glad I am that I have removed all toxic people from my life.

What should I cook today??

Orema 09-21-2020 02:42 PM

Immunization

Am going to the Walmart tomorrow to get Influenza and Hepatitis A and B shots.

The pharmacy has senior hours on Tuesdays starting at 6am. I'll be there.

nhplowboi 09-21-2020 04:04 PM

We finally opened Bevi's "front of the store". Fries, mozzarella sticks, onion rings, turkey and ham grinders. We are just trying to get things down and learn as we go. People loved the beer battered fries. This is going to be a huge learning curve and food service is way out of my league. Ok, not the service, I can throw things in a fryer and set a timer but trying to price food fair to both the store and the customers is what I am talking about. I am sure we will do well with this endeavor but it was a little nerve wracking today.

RockOn 09-21-2020 05:18 PM

back to nhplowboi

I am sure it is unnerving here in the beginning but once you two get your footing and a feel for it, know what is fair to charge and and still be worthy of the time you put into it all, you will become comfortable with this venture. I believe it will be successful. People love to eat! Just don't make your prices too low ... take into consideration everything that is a cost to you like cooking oil, batter you put over certain things before you cook them - you know what I mean.

Best wishes on this endeavor!

homoe 09-22-2020 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhplowboi (Post 1275262)
We finally opened Bevi's "front of the store". Fries, mozzarella sticks, onion rings, turkey and ham grinders. We are just trying to get things down and learn as we go. People loved the beer battered fries. This is going to be a huge learning curve and food service is way out of my league. Ok, not the service, I can throw things in a fryer and set a timer but trying to price food fair to both the store and the customers is what I am talking about. I am sure we will do well with this endeavor but it was a little nerve wracking today.

Hang in there you two! I have no doubt you will have things running smoothly in no time!

Orema 09-22-2020 08:53 AM

Wondering how come my insurance won't pay for Hep A and B vaccines.

clay 09-22-2020 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhplowboi (Post 1275262)

Sends you & Bevi good juju for a successful venue. When gets cooler, I am certain grilled cheeses & soups will be very popular! Best of luck on your new venture!!