Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Celebrity, Music, Television, Internet Culture (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Country Music Fans? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7895)

JDeere 10-08-2015 10:53 PM

Country Music Fans?

Any other country music fans besides myself?

Wanna talk some gossip or share your current or absolute favorite songs?

Tuff Stuff 10-09-2015 12:29 AM

Hey JDeere.I have 2 cds in my van that I can't live without..Buck Owens 21 #1 hits and The Very Best of Dwight Yoakam.That's about all the country music I listen to these days even though country music has been a part of my life since the cradle.My parents raised me on this stuff.

umm,no gossip to tell..maybe later :eatinghersheybar:

JDeere 10-09-2015 12:39 AM

I too was raised on country music. I mainly listen to 1970's to early 2000's country. Some of the stuff today is not what I consider country.

Orema 10-09-2015 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDeere (Post 1020112)
Any other country music fans besides myself?

Wanna talk some gossip or share your current or absolute favorite songs?

I like country music, but I like the old-school kind. My all-time favorite is Hank Williams Sr. He wrote so many great songs (Hey Good Lookin'; I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry; Cold, Cold, Heart; Honky Tonk Blues). Really, I could listen to him and his songs all day long and not get bored.

I also like Minnie Pearl, Patsy Cline, Loretta Lynn and those bad-ass highway men (Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, and Kris Kristofferson).

Thanks for asking, JD :)

Bèsame* 10-09-2015 06:47 AM

I'm a so Cali native and country was not even my playlist. (kroq fan, lol) However I was exposed when I was a tag along to a Garth Brooks concert. I'm not a twang fan at all, but I do love some Dwight Yoakum twang, it's eye rolling back in my head good.:)

I agree with some of the new country crossing the line into pop. But...I love Eric Church and his rock and roll guitar! I've seen, Alan Jackson, Tim McGraw, Pat Green, local bands, Randy Rogers, Keith Urban and love the sound of bluesy guitar of Seth Green. Someday I would love to see Carrie Underwood.

The song writing of country can bring goosebumps or a tear to my eye...right now, this is my fav...

JDeere 10-09-2015 07:21 PM

Thanks for y'all's posts!

Garth Brooks has been my favorite since he came out, I am pretty partial to the singers from Oklahoma. Something about them brings me some calm and reminds me of home.

Keep Smilin 10-09-2015 08:29 PM

Me! Me! Me! I'm a fan!!! :eyebat::cheesy::cheer:

homoe 10-09-2015 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orema (Post 1020136)
I like country music, but I like the old-school kind. My all-time favorite is Hank Williams Sr. He wrote so many great songs (Hey Good Lookin'; I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry; Cold, Cold, Heart; Honky Tonk Blues). Really, I could listen to him and his songs all day long and not get bored.

I also like Minnie Pearl, Patsy Cline, Loretta Lynn and those bad-ass highway men (Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, and Kris Kristofferson).

Thanks for asking, JD :)

YES, now those were some GREAT country crooners!

Blade 10-09-2015 09:28 PM

I love country music. Some of the all time most well written songs are written by current or former country music stars. Much of what is on the radio especially the last few years is no where remotely country.

Wharever that is that Florida Georgia Line sings is not country and it all sounds the same. There is some dude they keep playing lately who talks threw every song, like he is talking to some chic in a bar. He isn't country either.

I love Hank Sr and Jr, but boy howdy could Sr write a song or what. Willie, Kris, Dolly and Loretta are awesome song writers, as well as Allen Jackson, Kellie Pickler, Randy Owens, JP Pennington and many others.

My current favorite well written song is Girl Crush. Anyone male or female who has ever been dumped for someone else, can relate to this song and probably has felt the emotions in it. I'm not even sure who wrote it.

clay 10-09-2015 09:37 PM

I have an eclectic taste in music.

Some really great "older crooners"....

George Jones, Merle Haggard, Roy Orbison, Johnny Cash, Pam Tillis, Tammy Wynette, Loretta Lynn, Little Jimmy Dickens, Charley Pride....(yes, I AM dating myself, aren't I....lol....

Jesse 10-09-2015 10:32 PM

I love country music. I grew up listening to it and have always loved it, old blues too. I still mainly listen to the old stuff but lately I have been listening to some of the stuff that's come out in the last few years.

Some of the ones I have on my playlist:

Brett Eldredge (Lose My Mind) and (Wanna Be That Song).
Zac Brown Band (You Make Loving You Easy).
Little Big Town (Girl Crush) and (Your Side of The Bed)
A Thousand Horses - (Smoke)
Kellie Pickler - (Didn't You Know How Much I Loved You)

But yeah, there is no replacing Hank Sr, Willie, Waylon, Patsy and a few others.

cricket26 10-10-2015 03:03 PM

rascal flatts (feels like today cd) need i say more?

Okiebug61 10-10-2015 03:44 PM

Taylor Swift ruined country music and opened the door for lousy pop music to become ok as a country genre. Old School Country for me.

GeorgiaMa'am 10-10-2015 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okiebug61 (Post 1020370)
Taylor Swift ruined country music and opened the door for lousy pop music to become ok as a country genre. Old School Country for me.

I think that barrier between pop music and country music was crossed by the likes of Kenny Rogers and Crystal Gayle and Ronnie Milsap. There were some sick moments in the late 70s (and I don't mean "sick" as in "cool", the way the kids nowadays say - heh).

I have to say though - and I might get stomped for this, but okay - that Taylor Swift is one heck of a songwriter. She is very talented, and I would count her first two albums as country - very story-oriented lyrics, and with traditional country music instruments. After her first two albums, though, she really went into other genres, and in no way do I think what she's doing now has anything to do with country.

That Taylor Swift song about Romeo and Juliet makes me smile every time I hear it - I can't help it. Young love . . .

SirenManda 10-10-2015 09:36 PM

My favorite style is old 1990's. I mean Gary Allen, Garth Brooks, Allen Jackson. I've been told it's more like the old "Nashville" sound and not mixed with pop.

JDeere 10-11-2015 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkZebraz (Post 1020417)
My favorite style is old 1990's. I mean Gary Allen, Garth Brooks, Allen Jackson. I've been told it's more like the old "Nashville" sound and not mixed with pop.

It is. To days country's is rap, pop mixed thanks to taylor swift, shutters. I'm so glad she is out if the country genre.

There needs to be a comeback of a lot of old school peeps maybe through re recordings, etc.

Rockinonahigh 10-12-2015 01:58 AM

Fan hear, I cut my teeth driving down the road with the oldies but goodies on the radio. Love some of the music form Hank, Willie, Mell Tillis. Loretta and Patsy. The stuff they pass for country now just isn't the same. Oh, don't forget Reba and Dolly.

Orema 10-12-2015 05:32 AM

The Song "You Don't Know Me"

Jesse 10-12-2015 07:23 PM

I remember Patty Page singing this song when I was a little one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orema (Post 1020572)

Jesse 10-12-2015 07:29 PM