Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What are you having for dinner tonight? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197)

RockOn 03-19-2019 07:10 PM

Not hungry tonight but I had a footlong veggie and cheese subway for breakfast around 9:00 a.m. ... loaded with bell pepper, tomato slices, spinach, dill pickles, jalapenos and lettuce with honey mustard.

Making sure not to miss vitamins until my lust for food returns. I don't know what this is about. I had a great day today ... I almost didn't know how to act LOL ...the pain was manageable until around 2:30 ... I was so blessed to catch a break! :)

GeorgiaMa'am 03-20-2019 06:14 PM

- a hot roast beef sandwich with melted brie (it was so delicious last night, I had to have another one tonight - I thought about it all afternoon)
- a few assorted olives
- applesauce
- water to drink

FireSignFemme 03-20-2019 07:04 PM

It was supposed to be stuffed peppers but then I caught the stove on fire while browning up some hamburger. I don't want to clean that mess up yet so I'm thinking maybe just cold cereal.

RockOn 03-20-2019 07:55 PM

*laughing at what FireSignFemme said about not wanting to clean up... settling for cold cereal*
Given the same situation, that sounds exactly what I would have done! :)

I am eating right now. At first I was not going to because I forgot to buy paper bowls. Then I decided to go ahead and nuke a can of Campbell's Spaghetti O's in a regular bowl. I have not had them in forever ... they are really good!
Milk to drink.

GeorgiaMa'am 03-20-2019 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockOn (Post 1243143)
I decided to go ahead and nuke a can of Campbell's Spaghetti O's in a regular bowl. I have not had them in forever ... they are really good!

Have you seen the "Throwback Spaghetti O's" and "Throwback Ravioli" from Chef-BoyArDee at the grocery store? It's supposed to be the original recipe. I watched a YouTube review from someone who said you can really tell the difference, and that flavor he remembered from childhood was there. I'm going to have to try it. I used to love ravioli.

Gemme 03-21-2019 05:45 AM

It was very late when I got home so I ate an Oikos vanilla yogurt with granola and fresh blueberries and water to drink. I underestimated my hunger, though, and kept going. I had 5 teeny halos and some Snap'd Bacon and White Cheddar crisps to fill in the hunger gap.

FireSignFemme 03-21-2019 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am (Post 1243144)
Have you seen the "Throwback Spaghetti O's" and "Throwback Ravioli" from Chef-BoyArDee at the grocery store? It's supposed to be the original recipe. I watched a YouTube review from someone who said you can really tell the difference, and that flavor he remembered from childhood was there. I'm going to have to try it. I used to love ravioli.

Me too! I needed some quick, easy, sin food so I bought a can of the ravioli the other day... :( I just chalked it up to over time tastes change, maybe I'm just not remembering correctly what it tasted like when I was a kid, or maybe it's the meds I'm on, doctors have said sometimes they can play havoc with a person's sense of smell, taste. Anyhow thanks to this share I'm going to try it too, though I probably won't read the nutrition panel or ingredients list. Still you know, all the things I was told would kill me when I was seven obviously didn't work because here I still am in my 50's

RockOn 03-21-2019 02:21 PM

I must check out the THROWBACKS! Thanks Georgia'Mam!

I wish Chef-Boy-Ar-Dee would bring back their original pizza in a box kit. They changed the flavor of the sauce and it sucks.

homoe 03-21-2019 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockOn (Post 1243178)
I must check out the THROWBACKS! Thanks Georgia'Mam!

I wish Chef-Boy-Ar-Dee would bring back their original pizza in a box kit. They changed the flavor of the sauce and it sucks.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/GPTz37pyxU8/hqdefault.jpg

GeorgiaMa'am 03-21-2019 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FireSignFemme (Post 1243175)
Me too! I needed some quick, easy, sin food so I bought a can of the ravioli the other day... :( I just chalked it up to over time tastes change, maybe I'm just not remembering correctly what it tasted like when I was a kid, or maybe it's the meds I'm on, doctors have said sometimes they can play havoc with a person's sense of smell, taste. Anyhow thanks to this share I'm going to try it too, though I probably won't read the nutrition panel or ingredients list. Still you know, all the things I was told would kill me when I was seven obviously didn't work because here I still am in my 50's

The throwback ravioli ingredients look better than the modern version. There is textured vegetable protein in the new version, and the old version is just beef.

I'm 53 and I'm still here, too! And I've had plenty of "sin food" . . .

I had bibimbap for dinner tonight.

RockOn 03-21-2019 06:59 PM

I do not know what I am having yet but I did stop at Dollar General on the way home and bought paper bowls. All set now!

Now I have to go Google "bibimbap."

RockOn 03-21-2019 07:33 PM

This recipe looks very tasty to me except I would have to back off the soy sauce enough so I could not taste it.

Korean stone pot method
Dolsot Bibimbap

https://youtu.be/Y8CD283Xu6o

Gemme 03-21-2019 08:58 PM

I had fried baked chicken, sweet tea, a basic mixed greens salad, water and some ice cream for dinner.

clay 03-22-2019 04:23 PM

Albacore white tuna mixed in with some DUKE'S mayo...:)....some green lima beans & pickled beets....a butchelor dinner..lol

FireSignFemme 03-22-2019 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clay (Post 1243230)
Albacore white tuna mixed in with some DUKE'S mayo...:)....some green lima beans & pickled beets....a butchelor dinner..lol

Butchler? LOL - too funny

Gemme 03-22-2019 04:36 PM

I don't know! It'll be a surprise.

JDeere 03-22-2019 08:59 PM

Chinese food! wonton soup for later!

FireSignFemme 03-22-2019 10:29 PM

Batch cooking spaghetti
All mixed together -
Prego meat flavored sauce
Prego sweet Italian sausage sauce
Ground beef
Mushrooms
Onions
Extra seasonings
Freeze some, refrigerate some, eat some

Served over Barilla gluten-free corn pasta

Along with French bread with garlic herb butter and

A side salad with Italian salad dressing and fresh Parmesan cheese sprinkles.

Water to drink and no dessert because later tonight I'm going to wreck my blood sugar numbers with two cups of hot cocoa. It's a splurge night. A celebration because I've lost another three pounds!

Gemme 03-23-2019 05:28 AM

I had a salad of mixed greens, ham, pepperoni ranch and a bunch of toppings, water and a Zeppoli.

GeorgiaMa'am 03-24-2019 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockOn (Post 1243199)
This recipe looks very tasty to me except I would have to back off the soy sauce enough so I could not taste it.

Korean stone pot method
Dolsot Bibimbap

https://youtu.be/Y8CD283Xu6o

Thanks for posting this recipe, RockOn! Everything about it looks delicious. It's been a long time since I've had Dolsot/hot stone pot bibimbap. I have to go to a Korean restaurant to get that. I am lucky to get the regular bibimbap (which is more like a cold salad with the meat, rice and dressing on top). Our Korean lunch lady at work makes it once every two weeks, and if I am lucky enough to get to the lunch counter early enough, I always get some to bring home. Maybe I should buy a stone pot next time I'm at the Asian supermarket and try this at home!