Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What are you having for dinner tonight? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197)

Venus007 03-26-2013 02:36 AM

I order mine from a place called Netrition because it is cheaper. You can get it at other websites for sure as well as some larger grocery stores and of course at overpriced "specialty and gourmet" stores.

I love it. It has a smoother texture and is lighter than almond flour. I have an easier time wrangling it as a substitute for wheat flour. Normally, however, when I bake I use a mix of almond and coconut flour, best of both worlds.

The thing with coconut and almond flour is that it goes bad faster than wheat flour. To make it last, protect it from the light and keep it in an air tight container. Some people keep it in the freezer to make it last longer.

I use coconut flour to make pancakes, cookies, mug cake, pound cake, crust, breading for fish/chicken, etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uniqueswtfemm (Post 773406)
Hmmm, coconut flour? I'm going to keep my eyes open for that? Can anyone lead me in the right direction?

sis 03-26-2013 03:46 AM

Sharing a roasted chicken and veggie old style baguette and an order of spring rolls and chicken/shrimp wraps. Vietnamese food in China - gotta love it!

Deb

Lazy Daze 03-26-2013 05:54 AM

Cheese ravioli and garlic bread :)

PinkieLee 03-26-2013 07:23 AM

Last night... it was breakfast for dinner :)

bacon & egg sandwiches
fresh watermelon & green grapes

willow 03-26-2013 10:04 AM

Butternut and carrot soup followed by eggs in hash brown nests.

TheMerryFairy 03-26-2013 10:07 AM

Right now I am having a smoothie, I will think about supper after I decide if I want what I made for lunch now or later.

~SweetCheeks~ 03-26-2013 01:54 PM

mmm

Chili verde with tortilla's, rice, and black beans. The house smells so good!

Rockinonahigh 03-26-2013 02:12 PM

I'm haveing a salad that has cherry tomatoes,spring greens mix,cukes,minced garlic,green and black olives with a splash of parmasan cheese with a cut up hard boiled egg.My dressing will be the home made vinnargrett dressing I made a fue days ago that only gets better with age.

Smiling 03-26-2013 03:13 PM

A giant piece of decadent vanilla cake with some kind of pudding for filling and light whipped frosting and just a really tiny salad to round it out, lol, because all the food groups are already in the cake!

TheMerryFairy 03-26-2013 03:25 PM

Salad and strawberries for dessert.

Smiling 03-26-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMerryFairy (Post 773729)
Salad and strawberries for dessert.

lol, Merry; what a coincidence.
I should have described mine how you did, though. It sounds more healthful. :)

RockOn 03-26-2013 03:42 PM

I want to grill out on the patio but it is too cold. :(

stargazingboi 03-27-2013 12:32 PM

steak...rice and veggies

Corkey 03-27-2013 12:43 PM

Teriyaki chicken stir fry.

firegal 03-27-2013 12:51 PM

Box mac and cheese....cuz i forgot no one was cooking at work today and i forgot to bring something.....

The emergency stash in my food locker [box kraft mac/cheese] :blush:

TheMerryFairy 03-27-2013 01:17 PM

Baked ham, potato, peas, honey glazed carrot and asparagus

Chancie 03-27-2013 02:54 PM

How many meals did I make?

I sautéed one pound of frozen diced onions in one tablespoon of canola oil. After the onions defrosted, I added one quarter cup of taco seasoning.

When the onions and the taco seasoning were cooked, I added one pound of ground turkey.

When the turkey was almost cooked, I added the turkey to a stock pot with two 28-ounce cans of crushed tomatoes, and one 28-ounce can of water.

Everything has been simmering, and when Pete gets home, I will add two cans of pinto beans, and the Easy Bake Polenta is in the oven.

easygoingfemme 03-27-2013 03:01 PM

Tortillas with black beans, hot sauce, and little bit of cheddar toasted between them, like a sandwich, topped with fresh raw greens, salsa, and avocado. If I had some mole sauce, that would go on there... :wine:

Corkey 03-27-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chancie (Post 774128)
I sautéed one pound of frozen diced onions in one tablespoon of canola oil. After the onions defrosted, I added one quarter cup of taco seasoning.

When the onions and the taco seasoning were cooked, I added one pound of ground turkey.

When the turkey was almost cooked, I added the turkey to a stock pot with two 28-ounce cans of crushed tomatoes, and one 28-ounce can of water.

Everything has been simmering, and when Pete gets home, I will add two cans of pinto beans, and the Easy Bake Polenta is in the oven.

What is enough for a small army or Pete for 5oo Alek?

Sweet Bliss 03-27-2013 04:23 PM

Beef stew (carrots, onions, corn, taters) with corn bread on the side. Little cold today.

:veggie: