Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Butch Zone (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Butch Attire & Fashion (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=812)

Chazz 06-24-2011 10:19 AM

This is so hard to answer, it really depends....

Depending on the weather:

skinny jeans (black, gray or denim)
banded collar, button shirts
Henleys
black leather jacket (I have 4)
Harley or garrisons boots
denim jackets w/cowboy boots (black or brown)
high top sneaks or not
cargo pants
American Rag (brand) shirts
board or cargo shorts (11" inseams or more)
polos
Porkpie/Stingy fedora or newsboy caps

Work clothes are a little more spiff.

intrigue_in916 06-24-2011 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by key (Post 44341)
I like to call my style of dress more faggy than manly, if that makes sense without being offensive. Though it is mostly jeans, pull over shirts, and jackets - love me my jackets (I have more jackets than pants).

BUT!

There is a big fancy butch/femme dance coming up here in the bay area and I would love to find something to wear. Due to my (ugh!) hour glass figure I have to either wear pants that are three sizes too big or (gasp, cough, sputter) pleated! What is a boyish girl to do? I love to dance - a lot - so I need something comfortable and not tight (can not stand the feeling of tightness on my already too big (for me, again ugh!) thighs.

Don't get me wrong, I love hour glass figures on others.....you all understand right?

Any tips for me?

If you have the means , maybe you might have your fancy duds taylored, OR buy something you really like,and have it altered:rrose:

AtLast 06-25-2011 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by intrigue_in916 (Post 364756)
If you have the means , maybe you might have your fancy duds taylored, OR buy something you really like,and have it altered:rrose:

Oh yeah- find a good taylor for the good stuff! Makes all the difference. I keep in mind when shopping that my actual cost includes tayloring when I am buying formal or semi-formal wear. Actually, I did the same in my het days for all women's wear and still have anything I buy with this in mind. I have some really great clothing from the women's department. Some items just fit better. And then there are certain men's brands that fit better than others, especially in pants/trousers. Honestly, I shop and buy brands/designer with the good stuff- men's or women's. Some cuts just work better for me.

Going to look for the kind of shorter shorts that just look better on me in the women's department. No, I am not one that cares about who looks at which side my zipper or buttons are on. I do care about my clothes fitting well and looking nice, or "put together well" for my body and all of its flaws as I see them. Well... except when home and working on projects. Then it is throw on the old stuff with paint splatter!

Star Anise 07-02-2011 07:07 AM

Pictures please?

This has been a really interesting thread, and if any butches out there...you know...Felt the need to post some "fashion" pictures...I think that would totally be okay...Just sayin'.:awww:

AtLast 07-02-2011 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Star Anise (Post 370144)
This has been a really interesting thread, and if any butches out there...you know...Felt the need to post some "fashion" pictures...I think that would totally be okay...Just sayin'.:awww:

Hey, attend the Planet ReUnion- bet you would see many butch fashion statements! And the formal dances bring out some fantastic femme styles, too!

Wryly 07-02-2011 04:05 PM

Walking around the Village after the Dyke March today and I saw a booth for Butch Clothing Company.
Not much a selection there but the website looks like fun - - more casual stuff.

The cute widdle wesbian 07-27-2011 12:04 PM

I'm a casual dresser, I like jeans, not the skintight types but not baggy either, and T-shirts or button-down shirts that cling to me. When it's hot out though I wear shirts that have short sleeves and a little tight on my waist, and jeanshorts. I wear tennies or boots with ranglars and levis, I really like the cowgirl style: wide-brimmed cowboy hats and sharp-toed snake skin boots with spurs and all the deal, but I generally only dress that way for special occasions or when I'm going riding.

I've always got a hat on though, around the house it'll be caps that I can wear around without them getting in my way. Idk why I don't feel like myself without a hat on. At work it's different since I usually have to dress very professional, but I never dress manly or particularly feminine.

Holly.88 08-08-2011 12:38 PM

I dress for comfort first, fashion second, weather third. That's not to say that I have some terrible sense of fashion though. Depending on the weather, you can find me in any combination of the following:

Straight leg jeans, never baggy
T-shirts, from band tees to everything else
Solid color polos
Knee length shorts, once again never baggy
Plain ole brown boots/flip flops/Converse
One of my many fitted caps

If I'm going somewhere that I need to look a little more put together I'll wear a nice pair of jeans/khakis/or other slacks, a button up shirt, sleeves always rolled up, a nice or new polo, maybe a tie.

ruffryder 08-08-2011 02:24 PM

Depends on the job and occassion. Lately my fashion choice of clothing consists of variety of jeans in different blues loose fitting. (Lucky, Wrangler, Sean Jean, Dickies, Silver Tab). Graphic T-Shirts, polos, button down shirts long and short sleeve. I have a couple pairs of nice black pants and tan pants,dress shirts, sweaters, and a few ties. A dockers black jacket. A pair of black shoes, a couple pair of brown leather shoes, a pair of roper boots, a couple pairs of flip flops, different colors of cargo shorts, basketball shorts, and jean shorts. Got to have a variety of sneakers in different colors (Nike and DC). All kinds of ball caps with sports teams and brand name logos, a couple cowboy hats. My favorite places to shop are American Eagle, Aeropostale, Kohls, Ross, and Brass Buckle. My hair style and cut changes everytime I get a haircut to short, mid length, spiky, faux hawk, straight. Gotta have some paste or wax to put in it. I'm a dude that enjoys a day of shopping! :thumbsup:

AlphaDrug 08-11-2011 01:19 PM

:moonstars: I wish butches dressed like this... Damn good. Ugh! I love the 1920's gangster look on a woman...

http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/...sInterlope.jpg

P.S. This is a real photo from way back when of butches n femmes.

AlphaDrug 08-11-2011 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Star Anise (Post 370144)

:moonstars: I totaly second this statement!!

Toughy 08-11-2011 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlphaDrug (Post 396403)
:moonstars: I wish butches dressed like this... Damn good. Ugh! I love the 1920's gangster look on a woman...

http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/...sInterlope.jpg

P.S. This is a real photo from way back when of butches n femmes.

Butch Femme Socials of Oakland/SF did theme party and guess what it was?? You got it...Mafia time. The femmes were frigging stunning in everything from flappers to....oh wait this is the butch fashion thread........us butches looked pretty good ourselves.....

and no I'm not sure where the pictures are......I'll look

AlphaDrug 08-11-2011 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toughy (Post 396500)
Butch Femme Socials of Oakland/SF did theme party and guess what it was?? You got it...Mafia time. The femmes were frigging stunning in everything from flappers to....oh wait this is the butch fashion thread........us butches looked pretty good ourselves.....

and no I'm not sure where the pictures are......I'll look

:moonstars: I probably would have been drooling. o.o

...and I have the most awesome flapper outfit ever. T_T Need to have one of these parties down here in MD. Sadly it would be a bunch of dumb shit Baltimore Hons...

Sassy 08-11-2011 05:32 PM

I tend to notice shoes, but that's because I love shoes. Also, the haircut. And yes, definitely notice how those blue jeans fit ;) But to me, if the smile is genuine, the kind of smile that lights up their eyes, everything else is accessories ;)

Meanwhile, I'm loving this thread. Maybe I'll be more help to my butch sweetie next time we're shopping for something she needs. Keep talking! You're educating the populace *LOL*

(or at least this girly girl) :blueheels:

Kelt 08-11-2011 09:44 PM

Checking around in here for ideas. I have recently gone through some changes that give me the opportunity to reinvent myself as far as appearance goes. I used to (quite a while ago) dress in highly tailored very good quality suits for business and sort of sweatshirts and jeans for around the house and hiking/outdoor gear for well, hiking. Then I went back to school and changed careers to something that doesn't care what I wear, became morbidly obese, and sort of lost my sense of self along the way. I have now dropped most of the weight and have to make some choices about how I want to look now that I can fit into things I like. Times have changed, I have aged, and not being especially social, I don't really see or frankly notice what people wear anymore. I like to be comfortable yet presentable and my outlook on acquisition of material items has changed, preferring to scour about in thrift shops instead of designer digs. So far I am sticking to mostly jeans and trousers with sweaters or no logo t-shirts and button downs in long and short sleeves. I am however a stickler for quality fabrics and workmanship, and now that I can, I seek things that fit very well. Most of what I am actually wearing right now is summer attire, structured shorts just above the knee and decent polos or thin sweaters when the beach gets chilly. I don't want too many items, just what will get me through. If anyone has suggestions for must have basic staples, I would appreciate the advice. Kind of just don't want to frighten children on the street sort of thing, lol, my crew cut already confuses folks. :pointing:

AlphaDrug 08-12-2011 05:17 AM

:moonstars: I'll be honest as much as I love the 1920's tailored gangster look, it's not super practical for the times we live in. Something about a girl in baggy pants or cargo shorts, skater shoes and a tighter fitting top just gets to me. I love a dyke with big belt buckles, weird I know, but it's hot, and not those annoying western cowboy buckles either. I tend to prefer girls of the punk-rock nature, piercings, a mohawk or fauxhawk is very nice.

It's funny because I love when a girl's boxers are showing just the smallest bit from her jeans... it was hott to me, but if I saw a guy with his boxers showing, and it annoys the crap out of me and I have a strong desire to give him a wedgie... still not sure why I feel that way...

AtLast 08-12-2011 10:31 AM

A friend & neighbor of mine is having a "period" birthday party for herself- she's turning 60. People have the option of dressing like they did in the
1960's. Kind of a fun idea.

For me, that was a time of political activism and I almost had a "uniform"-
501's (very well worn) with hiking boots and denim work shirts (sometimes with USA flag pockets). Too funny to think about this.

Ah, geez.....

AlphaDrug 08-12-2011 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtLastHome (Post 396963)
A friend & neighbor of mine is having a "period" birthday party for herself- she's turning 60. People have the option of dressing like they did in the
1960's. Kind of a fun idea.

For me, that was a time of political activism and I almost had a "uniform"-
501's (very well worn) with hiking boots and denim work shirts (sometimes with USA flag pockets). Too funny to think about this.

Ah, geez.....

:moonstars: Pictures!!

AlexHunter 03-31-2012 05:59 AM

Insomnia has inspired me to dig up this dead thread.

I'm hugely into my clothes. I say it's because I was forced to wear articles of female clothing when I was younger and the memories were so scarring that I never grew tired of the liberation. ;)

I like to tell people I dress as nice as I can, as often as possible. I weave between dapper, sharp, and spiffy to male rockstar to country boy and everything in between.

I'm rarely casual. I put as much thought into my wardrobe as some of the femmes I've dated. -Chuckles-

I wear vests, button-ups, skinny ties, band shirts, graphic t's, blazers, leather jackets, skinny or straight cut jeans made of dark denim, ripped jeans, v-neck t-shirts, muscle shirts, Western shirts and other forms of plaid, oxfords, dress boots, Harley boots, combat boots, Doc Martens, Converse, Vans, chains, leather belts, studded belts, and the occasional wrist cuff or ring.

I have a collection of fedoras. My tie collection is bigger.

I wear suits when the occasion allows for it. I definitely love wearing them... sometimes with a tie tack and/or a pocket watch.

I like for my clothes to fit me properly. Baggy clothes make me look like I'm in middle school or something. I'm lucky to be the size I am because I have no problem finding men's clothes that work for me.

Oh, AlphaDrug, sometimes I wear belts with big, ostentatious buckles, too. :)

justkim 03-31-2012 07:33 AM

There is nothing like a great haircut on a butch...