Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hobbies, Crafts, Interests (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Are You Ready For Some Football? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36)

kannon 02-05-2012 09:27 PM

NEVER make predictions based on emotions.

My heart is pumping blood on the floor right now.

I should be better tomorrow.

:#

Leigh 02-05-2012 09:27 PM

Those damn Giants won :p

durrrrrrrr 02-05-2012 09:29 PM

what a great game. I love those kinda games. down to the last throw, down to one play.

congrats Giants! which i wanted to win , jus sayin :)

Kobi 02-05-2012 09:57 PM

That one hurt even more than 2008. So, I'm just gonna sit here with my Packers Super Bowl Champs hat on and :eatinghersheybar:

When does spring training start?

gaea 02-06-2012 10:35 AM

It was the best superbowl i have seen in awhile. had me on the edge of my seat. although a serious patriots fan. there is always a winner and a loser. they both played a winning game however the giants came ahead by 4 points. Both teams played a hell of a game and for me being on the west coast having enjoyed watching the patriots play 4 times this year was amazing. I rarely get to see them play so regardless of the fact that giants won I am a happy girl that i got to see the patriots play again.

Cin 02-06-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kobi (Post 521408)

So, I'm just gonna sit here with my Packers Super Bowl Champs hat on and :eatinghersheybar:

You're wearing a Packers hat? No wonder we lost. Shit man I was trying to figure out what went wrong.

WTF! All they had to do was get a first down and NOT give the ball back to the Giants with all that time on the clock. Seriously. WTF.

Is it me or do the Pats' receivers really need some Stickum?

That last 50 seconds was ridiculous. It was actually as if nobody really wanted to catch the ball. Is it possible that people who play a sport professionally, who catch a football for a living, could all of a sudden be completely unable to hold onto to one thrown right in their hands. I could see if it was just one receiver but it was everybody. Fuck, that was just idiotic. They started the game like they never played football before and finished it with receivers who seemed to just refuse to make a catch.

At least there are the Red Sox to look forward to. Who doesn't love Fenway Park? Well, I'm sure there are plenty.

Cin 02-06-2012 12:18 PM

People keep telling me what a good game it was. They say oh, sorry about your Pats but they played a good game and it was fun to watch and stuff like that. I don't know. It didn't feel like that to me. The Pats played like they forgot how. Then when they were winning anyway, the receivers decided to just let the balls fall to the ground uncaught. That worked.

Kobi 02-06-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Tick (Post 521634)
You're wearing a Packers hat? No wonder we lost. Shit man I was trying to figure out what went wrong.

WTF! All they had to do was get a first down and NOT give the ball back to the Giants with all that time on the clock. Seriously. WTF.

Is it me or do the Pats' receivers really need some Stickum?

That last 50 seconds was ridiculous. It was actually as if nobody really wanted to catch the ball. Is it possible that people who play a sport professionally, who catch a football for a living, could all of a sudden be completely unable to hold onto to one thrown right in their hands. I could see if it was just one receiver but it was everybody. Fuck, that was just idiotic. They started the game like they never played football before and finished it with receivers who seemed to just refuse to make a catch.

At least there are the Red Sox to look forward to. Who doesn't love Fenway Park? Well, I'm sure there are plenty.

LOL. Yeah my fault. Wasnt even the cheese wedge hat I wanted.

I found myself shaking my head a lot from the opening kick off. You win the toss and give the ball away? I know superstitions and sports people make for weird decisions.

Brady making a mental error for a safety? Hello? Beaning JPP with the ball would have worked and saved the points.

They pulled it together in the second quarter and looked like the Pats I know. Then the keystone cops routine emerged again in the second half.

Stickum never occured to me. I was thinking just lodge these throws into their freakin face masks for gods sake. Hard to miss a ball when it is sticking out of your damn helmet.

A big part of me just felt it was a destiny season for the Giants. They were unstoppable since the break and convincingly so.

Yes, time for the Red Sox. The GM knows he traded both our shortstops right? Sigh.

Parker 02-06-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Tick (Post 521634)

I call that choking. lol

I felt so bad for them because you could tell they really wanted to pull off something wonderful there at the end, but they just sort of fell apart in those last seconds. One of the receivers started running before he actually caught the ball because he was so ready to take off and score - but that act made him drop the ball .... sad.

Kobi 02-06-2012 07:44 PM

quarterback training

In case anyone has some leftover "wtf" Patriots energy. Here is a link to a game I play called quarterback-training. Tom Brady throwing to receivers who DO ocassionally catch the balls. Aim high. And, extra points if you hit the Eli Manning head targets which taunt you with nasties.

Toughy 02-06-2012 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kobi (Post 521916)

In case anyone has some leftover "wtf" Patriots energy. Here is a link to a game I play called quarterback-training. Tom Brady throwing to receivers who DO ocassionally catch the balls. Aim high. And, extra points if you hit the Eli Manning head targets which taunt you with nasties.

<grin> don't you be a picking on my boy Eli .............never bet against him in the clinch.............he wanted that ring and he did it in spite of losing 2 of his tight ends...........:fastdraq:

and now it's time to engross myself in Women's NCAA basketball!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Baylor!!!!

Cin 02-06-2012 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celtic Spirit (Post 521653)
I call that choking. lol

I understand choking when you have 58 seconds left in a game and you have 80 yards to go and your down by 5. What I don't get is how you choke when you have the lead, there is less than 3 minutes to go and you only have to get another first down and that's a wrap. Blowing that and giving the ball over is just refusing to win. It's going to be a long time before I get over that kind of really bad football.

Hollylane 02-15-2012 12:52 PM

Le Sigh...................

UofMfan 03-02-2012 06:08 PM

GEAUX SAINTS

Saints Violated 'Bounty Rule': New Orleans Defenders Targeted Opponents With Intent To Injure

ruffryder 03-07-2012 08:28 PM

I'm ready to see where P. Manning is gonna end up. I hope he makes a great come back with the new team and retires in awesomeness.. I'm kinda partial for the Dolphins to pick him up.

5 more months for football! :insane:

not2shygrrl 03-07-2012 09:13 PM

Whaaaaaa I am upset about Heinz Ward not being renewed with the Steelers. Thinking that nasty DUI after he won DWS has blemished him with the ball team owners.

clay 03-07-2012 09:50 PM

and what about Peyton Manning....I love Peyton!!! I hope he is signed by a great-er team!!

justkim 03-07-2012 10:15 PM

Denver is talking to Payton Manning... this should be interesting...

MsDemeanor 03-08-2012 12:56 AM

Peyton will go to Arizona so that he can continue to play in a nice comfy little climate-controled dome.

mustangjeano 03-08-2012 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsDemeanor (Post 543083)
Peyton will go to Arizona so that he can continue to play in a nice comfy little climate-controled dome.

I missed the news. Is Peyton going to be healthy enough to play this year?