Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hobbies, Crafts, Interests (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Camping anyone? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2199)

randrum 03-18-2016 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cinnamongrrl (Post 1053580)
I don't know why....but I really didn't see you as being outdoorsy lol

Wow...you mean I'm NOT always right??? Sheesh

Haha. Really? I grew up camping. My parents had a pop-up camper, and during the summer almost every weekend we went camping.

homoe 03-18-2016 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by afemmenatalie (Post 1053570)
Camping can be wonderful. With the right weather, in a beautiful spot, with your worries left behind, and with a person/people who enjoy each other, it can be awesome!

Afemmenatalie this is EXACTLY how I feel about staying at a 4 or 5 star hotel:cigar2:

MsTinkerbelly 03-19-2016 09:00 AM

We are leaving today for the lake!

Even though we have floor issues, we had this trip paid for and planned for quite a while, and we need the time away!

We have a new surf side 30' trailer with a huge slide-out...not camping in some folks minds, but we enjoy the comforts (I'm old) while being in nature. We spend a lot of time searching for good campgrounds instead of just pulling up to a concrete pad somewhere, otherwise we could just stay at home in the driveway. :moonstars:

Blade 03-19-2016 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsTinkerbelly (Post 1053881)
We are leaving today for the lake!

Even though we have floor issues, we had this trip paid for and planned for quite a while, and we need the time away!

We have a new surf side 30' trailer with a huge slide-out...not camping in some folks minds, but we enjoy the comforts (I'm old) while being in nature. We spend a lot of time searching for good campgrounds instead of just pulling up to a concrete pad somewhere, otherwise we could just stay at home in the driveway. :moonstars:

At some point ya have to realize it's time to stop laying on the ground. My time for that has come in the last few years.

Hope yall have a great trip!

homoe 05-06-2016 06:58 PM

Well, I guess it's about time for all you outdoors enthusiasts to start thinking about camping adventures!

I am NOT a camping person let me be clear! HOWEVER I recently saw a area in WA state that IF I were to ever camp, this might be the one place I’d consider!

Twanoh State Park is a 182-acre marine, camping park with 3,167 feet of saltwater shoreline on Hood Canal. The park is situated on one of the warmest saltwater beaches in WA State. This is because Hood Canal is one of the warmest saltwater bodies in Puget Sound. Wading, swimming and oyster and crab harvesting are immensely popular here.

CAMPING
The park has 25 tent spaces, 22 full hookup spaces, six restrooms and one shower. Maximum site length is 35 feet (may have limited availability).. All campsites are first-come, first-served.

BOATING
The park offers one watercraft launch ramp and 100 feet of dock.

TWANOH STATE PARK
12190 E. State Route 106
Union, Washington 98592
Phone: 360-275-2222

Kelt 05-06-2016 07:12 PM

Hey Homoe,

If you are tempted by the outdoors but want convenience and a touch of luxury, perhaps Glamping is worth a look. :cheesy:

The older and creakier I get, though I was brought up on "boondock" style camping, I gotta say this has appeal!

MsTinkerbelly 05-06-2016 09:13 PM

We camped at a state beach near Santa Barbara a few years ago...we were in a RV then, and next to our State Beach was a camping resort.

Full on glamping! We took a tour just for the heck of it, and even joined the outdoor concert and BBQ put on for the guests. They even come to your site and light your campfire for you!

If real luxury in the out of doors is your thing, definitely give glamping a try!

girl_dee 05-06-2016 09:45 PM

Went lesbian camping last weekend with about 20 women,,,. went on a 5 mile hike, played in a kayak for two days, and jumped in the lake... we forgot firewood and s'more material... still had a great time.....we are planning the next one....

:eatinghersheybar::moonstars:

Logicaly 05-06-2016 11:47 PM

My family was just talking about doing some camping this summer. We used to camp every year up at Lake Oroville when I was growing up, and it has been some time since we have done so. We are thinking we might have to bust out our camping gear and make that happen this summer.

I greatly enjoy the outdoors and how peaceful and quiet and relaxing it can be. It is so refreshing to be able to disconnect in that way and just enjoy the sounds of nature.

pajama 05-14-2016 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by girl_dee (Post 1064910)
Went lesbian camping last weekend with about 20 women,,,. went on a 5 mile hike, played in a kayak for two days, and jumped in the lake... we forgot firewood and s'more material... still had a great time.....we are planning the next one....

:eatinghersheybar::moonstars:

If I've never said it on here before, I will say it now.....

PEEPS

Put them on a stick, roast them over a fire, it's like heavenly, caramellized, marshmallowy, napalm. mmmmmmmmmm

girl_dee 05-14-2016 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pajama (Post 1066207)
If I've never said it on here before, I will say it now.....

PEEPS

Put them on a stick, roast them over a fire, it's like heavenly, caramellized, marshmallowy, napalm. mmmmmmmmmm

NO WAY~~~

i bet its fun to watch them little creatures burn too....

homoe 05-21-2016 02:47 PM

Who's going camping Memorial Day weekend and where? I can't wait to hear all the gory details oh.... I meant all the fun details:sunglass:

clay 05-21-2016 03:10 PM

Plans are to go camping (in a TT) over Memorial Day weekend....:)

No "gory details" as it will be a lot of fun!!!!:eatinghersheybar:

homoe 05-21-2016 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clay (Post 1067381)
Plans are to go camping (in a TT) over Memorial Day weekend....:)

No "gory details" as it will be a lot of fun!!!!:eatinghersheybar:

May I ask what a TT is? Not familar

clay 05-21-2016 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homoe (Post 1067388)
May I ask what a TT is? Not familar

sure thing....it is a travel trailer..fully self contained...can use potty, shower, cook, etc in it....26' is one I am supposed to go in...sorry buddy. We have a spot in a local state park that has a dog park, a lake to fish, nature trails, swimming, etc...

PS check your user reps...:)

asphaltcowboi 05-21-2016 04:02 PM

we have our pride in the pines coming up in June. ill be hooking up to the TT loading up the dogs and were outta here for a few days!! nice KOA with a small dog park, plenty of trails plus it's the same time as "dogs at the park" days. should be a great time!

Kenna 05-21-2016 04:24 PM

My favorite retreat is camping. I've recently found a place near Emerald Village that I'm anxious to try...but it must stop raining for several days.

Since I'm physically unable to "rough it" at very rustic locations now, I've been thinking of converting an old VW Bug into a custom Tear Drop.

Blade 09-19-2016 02:20 PM

Camped this past weekend near Lake Lure. Had a nice quiet time, wish I had been able to stay all week

jelli 10-11-2016 08:59 PM

We absolutely loved camping! Lake Jocassee, Lake Lure, Davidson River, Hunting Island, the list goes on and on.

homoe 05-27-2017 09:04 AM

Has anyone ever camped here at Twanoh State Park?