Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hobbies, Crafts, Interests (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Camping anyone? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2199)

sinfulcindy 10-17-2010 08:51 PM

Camping anyone?

Anyone like to camp? Rv'ing?
Rainbow Ranch?

katsarecool 10-17-2010 09:08 PM

I love camping!!! Wish I had a camping buddy wanting to camp up somewhere in the Blue Ridge Mts?

Jesse 10-17-2010 09:35 PM

I love to camp and I am so ready to go now that it has cooled off a bit outside!

Kobi 10-17-2010 10:32 PM

I will probably lose my dyke documents for this but my idea of camping is a well equiped suite at the Marriott with room service, a valet, and hot tub. I can also ruff it and go without the hot tub. :nyahnyah:

Daktari 10-18-2010 01:09 AM

I'm a camper too!

We bought a new tent this year, the first that either of us has ever had that one can stand up in with head room to spare. What luxury.

katsarecool 10-18-2010 01:32 AM

Well that is a few of us so far!!!

naturlover_52 10-18-2010 11:39 AM

camping

well I am on the west coast and U all seem to be on the east. What I really wanna do is a camping and fishing trip.

thanks
:bunchflowers::seeingstars::hangloose:

princessbelle 10-18-2010 11:44 AM

It's perfect camping weather right now. Nice warm days, nice cool nights. Warming up 'round that campfire and watching the sparks float up...looks like stars in the black background. The sound of nearby water perhaps. Hunting for that flashlight in the middle of the night to go potty. Lookin for those warm socks I know i packed. Sounds of rustling leaves, nature...time to think and clear out the mind and get back to basics of life....yummy. The food...any food...always tastes better. And of course a car battery friendly curling iron is a must. ;)

*sighs...I miss camping.

The_Lady_Snow 10-18-2010 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princessbelle (Post 209928)
It's perfect camping weather right now. Nice warm days, nice cool nights. Warming up 'round that campfire and watching the sparks float up...looks like stars in the black background. The sound of nearby water perhaps. Hunting for that flashlight in the middle of the night to go potty. Lookin for those warm socks I know i packed. Sounds of rustling leaves, nature...time to think and clear out the mind and get back to basics of life....yummy. The food...any food...always tastes better. And of course a car battery friendly curling iron is a must. ;)

*sighs...I miss camping.

*ahem*

"Clip Clop"

;)

princessbelle 10-18-2010 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow (Post 209934)
*ahem*

"Clip Clop"

;)

music also goes quite wonderful with the sounds of nature.

Just sayin.....

SnackTime 10-18-2010 12:25 PM

<chuckling>

ravfem 10-18-2010 01:01 PM

ask Rlin what happened the last time i camped.

Next time, i'll be camping right next door to Kobi!

Will even rough it by drinking hotel coffee.

:moonstars:

Daktari 10-18-2010 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by naturlover_52 (Post 209923)
well I am on the west coast and U all seem to be on the east. What I really wanna do is a camping and fishing trip.

thanks
:bunchflowers::seeingstars::hangloose:

...and I'm on the North West coast of the UK so just a tad too far for a camping trip sadly. ;)

lipstixgal 10-18-2010 02:13 PM

No camping here got Lyme's disease real bad from being in the woods in Catskills so nope just a hotel with a nice bed and a hot tub!!

sinfulcindy 10-19-2010 12:39 AM

camping!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Incubus (Post 209726)
I'm a camper too!

We bought a new tent this year, the first that either of us has ever had that one can stand up in with head room to spare. What luxury.

awwww! that"s really cool!!! hope you have years of enjoyment in it!!!

sinfulcindy 10-20-2010 06:09 PM

Still looking for....

Happy Campers wanted!!!!

Camp fires hanging out lost in a new adventure!
Time to be there by and time to leave is the
Only thing planned!!! Cooking out
Star gazing!!!! Playing with our babies!
Cards, dominos, scrabble! Or just watching
A movie,

We (my better half and I) by no means
Rough it!! We sleep in comfort! Our
Mattress is even heated! Oh and we have
Room service that consist of me baking
Fresh baked cookies or whatever!! Lol!!!

The only rule is RELAX and ENJOY
The moment!!!

Billy 10-20-2010 06:21 PM

My new favorite thing to do :) Sorry I waited so long to try camping out !

dixie 10-20-2010 06:25 PM

I love camping. I usually keep a tent, camp chairs and even a screen room thingy in the trunk of my car...lol

sinfulcindy 10-20-2010 06:51 PM

Camping

Quote:

Originally Posted by dixielady (Post 211300)
I love camping. I usually keep a tent, camp chairs and even a screen room thingy in the trunk of my car...lol

Too cute!! Love the idea yer so prepared!!
We just got rid of our sunroom!
*darn pain in the beeeeehind!* lol!

sinfulcindy 10-20-2010 06:53 PM

Camping

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy (Post 211293)
My new favorite thing to do :) Sorry I waited so long to try camping out !

Congratulations!!!!

LipstickLola 10-20-2010 06:56 PM

Happy Camper :)

sinfulcindy 10-20-2010 07:15 PM

Camping

Anyone know of any cool places
In N. TX???

Share your funny camping stories!!!

PearlsNLace 10-22-2010 02:48 PM

Does anyone know of a good place to camp around knoxville TN? Thanks.

lipstixgal 10-22-2010 02:57 PM

Its so Lyme infested around here that I would not go camping in NJ/NY or CT I had it and it ruined me too tired and sick all the time with colds, flu and bronchitis no camping for me.

Glenn 10-22-2010 03:43 PM

It's been great camping weather here in the National Indiana Lakeshore Dunes! I had a big fire last night, and there's no mosquitoes, plenty of fishing and beachcombing!

JakeTulane 10-22-2010 04:24 PM

The season is nearly over here in Upstate NY. Right now it is perfect during the day.. as far as temps. However, at night.. the sleeping is pretty cold. Good weather for a fire... however, when is it not good weather for that? I have tried Winter camping a couple of times.. let us just say.. all it took was a couple of times.. and I am just able to say I did it.. and remember the experience well. laughs.

I can not wait for next season. One of My favorite spots here is up near the Alexandria Bay area.. and also a place called Black Lake in the Adirondacks. I used to go there alot when I was young with My maternal grandparents.

Which reminds Me of a funny camping story. The first fish I ever caught was a Northern Pike. Now mind you they are large and have sharp pointed teeth. We (My grandparents and My aunt and uncle) were fishing on a bass boat. Which as we all know are pretty level to the top of the water. I hooked that fish on a fake worm and was trying to reel it in.. and as fast as I went.. it would pull more line out.. finally I hollared to My gramps and asked him to help (I seriously thought this fish was going to pull Me out of the boat).. My gramps.. just said "you landed it, you have to reel it in". Well My gram was nonplussed and said "Joe, that fish is going to take her overboard" and gave him the "look". Finally, he came over to help Me. However, by the time he did I had it nearly to the side of the boat. That is one of My fondest memories of camping when I was young and also one of the funniest.

roy g biv 10-22-2010 05:14 PM

My niece said she will sell me her RV when she gets sick of it.

Meanwhile, I sleep in my car when I take a trip. I took out the back seat and put in a Serta Perfect Sleeper, no kidding. Recently I took out my front passenger seat and put in a camping toilet. I assembled a tent-like apparatus inside the car which I can easily disassemble in order to drive. All this inside of a tiny Honda Civic. I have slept in the country, cities, towns, highways.

roy g biv 10-22-2010 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinfulcindy (Post 209636)
Anyone like to camp? Rv'ing?
Rainbow Ranch?

What is Rainbow Ranch?

katsarecool 10-22-2010 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PearlsNLace (Post 212543)
Does anyone know of a good place to camp around knoxville TN? Thanks. .

I do not have a good grasp of of your state so please forgive me if I get this wrong. Western NC and North East Georgia have hundreds of good camp sites most along the Blue Ridge and Smokie Mountains!!! Literally hundreds of state and national parks. Just have to hide your food up on the pole though. The black bears are thieves! Have you ever walked the Applachian Trail? Not sure how far that is from Knoxville though. It is the perfect time for camping in this area and I would give anything to find some camping buddies and hit the road for campfire, fishing, ghost stories and Somemores fun!!!

sinfulcindy 10-22-2010 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roy g biv (Post 212687)
What is Rainbow Ranch?

Rainbow Ranch is I think 2-4hrs south
Of Dallas,TX it's outside if Grosbeck(not
Sure on the spelling!!)

It's family owned and operated so fun
Always something going on there!!
Just a happy kind of place!!!

sinfulcindy 10-22-2010 10:02 PM

Camping

Quote:

Originally Posted by popcorninthesofa (Post 212585)
It's been great camping weather here in the National Indiana Lakeshore Dunes! I had a big fire last night, and there's no mosquitoes, plenty of fishing and beachcombing!

Beachcombing?????

In Indiana??? I grew up in Sounthern CA!
And there are beaches there!! *grinning*

Blade 10-25-2010 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PearlsNLace (Post 212543)
Does anyone know of a good place to camp around knoxville TN? Thanks.

Indian Boundary

Bald River Falls

Chilhowee

Bard 10-25-2010 08:51 PM

Camping is always a good time tents in the summer cabins in the winter the places in old forge are amazing. my girl and my kiddo both indulge me in this heck I make a good campfire to next trip is planned for my birthday

WhiteTigress 10-25-2010 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princessbelle (Post 209928)
And of course a car battery friendly curling iron is a must. ;)

PB,

Why haven't you found out about butane powered curling and straightening irons. I have several curlers (one in my travel bag, one in the bathroom, one at the office...) and one straightener. Their made by Conair. They use replaceable thermacells.

WT

WhiteTigress 10-25-2010 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinfulcindy (Post 212854)
Rainbow Ranch is I think 2-4hrs south
Of Dallas,TX it's outside if Grosbeck(not
Sure on the spelling!!)

It's family owned and operated so fun
Always something going on there!!
Just a happy kind of place!!!

It's about 3 hours outside of Dallas. Yes, in Groesbeck area. Takes about 4 hours to drive from Houston. We've stayed there in a cabin once, in the summer, and twice in a truck-mounted tent. I bring all the luxuries. The tent is custom fitted to the truck, and the mattress fits around the wheel-wells. I bring a pop-up canopy, and we place it over the picnic table they provide for each site. I bring thermo-electric coolers, real dishes, totes that convert to sink basins, lanterns, a dining table, chairs, battery-operated candles, music, etc. We have candle-lit dinners. Sound kinda nice for camping, huh?

I've also got a 8'x16' regular tent, a queen-size air mattress that takes sheets just like a regular bed. I bring all the other things listed above, plus carpeting for the inside of the tent, 400 thread-count sheets, comforter, equipment to make a nightstand and drawer for my things...

Oh, and I forgot that I rig-up a window unit A/C into the regular tent, when the weather is warmer. We've even built a privacy screen and our own "kitty-litter" powered porta-privvy.

We don't suffer much when we camp.

WT

jelli 08-08-2011 05:07 AM

*bump*

Anyone planing on any camping trips?

We just went camping/kayaking for a week @ New River State Park in NC. Hoping to do some fall wknd trips.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j1..._2800922_n.jpg

Medusa 08-08-2011 06:52 AM

Camping! I must have forgotten about this thread :)

Jack and I love to camp but had to sell our trailer before we moved from Los Angeles. It was a 24-foot Fleetwood and we loved taking it out and enjoying nice weekends at the lake. We've decided that we won't buy another trailer for a while so I've been working on building up our camping equipment.

This weekend I went yard-saling with Riverboi and picked up a Coleman "Powerhouse" lantern for $5!! These are usually in the $100 range so I was tickled about it! Also picked up a screened enclosure to put over the picnic table area to keep out the mosquitos at Sam's a few weeks ago and have lots of other gear already.

I have several sizes of dutch ovens and have practiced making different things in them over the years. CAN'T WAIT for cooler weather so we can make fires and cook and fish!!

jelli 08-08-2011 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medusa (Post 394380)
Camping! I must have forgotten about this thread :)

Jack and I love to camp but had to sell our trailer before we moved from Los Angeles. It was a 24-foot Fleetwood and we loved taking it out and enjoying nice weekends at the lake. We've decided that we won't buy another trailer for a while so I've been working on building up our camping equipment.

This weekend I went yard-saling with Riverboi and picked up a Coleman "Powerhouse" lantern for $5!! These are usually in the $100 range so I was tickled about it! Also picked up a screened enclosure to put over the picnic table area to keep out the mosquitos at Sam's a few weeks ago and have lots of other gear already.

I have several sizes of dutch ovens and have practiced making different things in them over the years. CAN'T WAIT for cooler weather so we can make fires and cook and fish!!

We only tent camp, but have talked of a camper when it finally hurt to get off our bed on the tent floor. lol

Dutch Oven recipes... for the love of all things glittery do I have the hook up. We have not been disappointed with one recipe yet.

http://papadutch.home.comcast.net/~p...es.htm#Recipes

hachiebutch 08-08-2011 07:40 AM

Camping!!!

Rainbow Ranch in Grosebeck,TX has a
Women's weekend the 3rd weekend
Of September!

We have alot of family there with our
"Ranch Family"!!! We leave our trailer
There!!

It's our home away from home!!!!
Come check it out!!!

hachiebutch 08-08-2011 07:41 AM