Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hobbies, Crafts, Interests (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   InstaPot Anyone?? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8688)

Andrea 10-04-2018 08:56 PM

Decided my first use of my pot would be something simple and wouldn't you know it, I screwed it up. :|

Shucked the corn, re-read the directions, set the corn on the steamer plate, and poured in two cups of water.

Forgot the inner pot. :|

The electronics are now drying off and the uncooked corn is in the fridge.

Mel C. 10-05-2018 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrea (Post 1226942)
Decided my first use of my pot would be something simple and wouldn't you know it, I screwed it up. :|

Shucked the corn, re-read the directions, set the corn on the steamer plate, and poured in two cups of water.

Oops...next time will go better.

girl_dee 10-06-2018 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrea (Post 1226942)

Oh gosh!!!! I hope you tried again! I can tell you I have almost done this several time. :bunchflowers:

Andrea 10-06-2018 08:45 PM

I cooked the corn today and it came out fabulous. If we didn't already have a full of leftovers fridge, I would be looking for something else to make.

Thinking something with pasta and veggies.

girl_dee 10-06-2018 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrea (Post 1227115)
I cooked the corn today and it came out fabulous. If we didn't already have a full of leftovers fridge, I would be looking for something else to make.

Thinking something with pasta and veggies.

i’m so happy to hear this !

Andrea 10-13-2018 08:20 AM

I have made corn on the cob, artichokes, and chicken burrito bowl. All turned out fabulous although I will be tweaking the burrito bowl recipe to our liking next time.

Last night was supposed to be hamburger stroganoff but upon gathering the ingredients, I learned there were only three mushrooms. Not nearly enough.

Will be going to the store for mushrooms today and make the stroganoff tonight.

We don't eat flour pasta here so we will have it over baked red potatoes.

Thinking boneless pork chops next.

Love my new toy.

Ohhhh.... had to order a steam diverter because I can't remember to quick release safely. Should arrive soon. In the meantime, watch here for scald reports. LOL

FireSignFemme 10-13-2018 02:08 PM

My son's gf really wants one. She saw them while we were out the other day and just stood there all transfixed. I have to remember to tell my son when he gets here today. I think I'll let him buy her one for the holidays, then watch how she does with making stuff in it before deciding on whether or not to buy one for myself. If he does buy her one for the holidays then I'll buy her some accessories to go with it. Some of the foil pans Dee suggested and maybe a steam diverter thing, whatever that is, like Andrea mentioned. I'm wondering if there are any other accessories people use and find handy to have on hand, and if they're happy or not with the model/size they chose?

Mel C. 10-13-2018 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FireSignFemme (Post 1227877)
My son's gf really wants one. She saw them while we were out the other day and just stood there all transfixed. I have to remember to tell my son when he gets here today. I think I'll let him buy her one for the holidays, then watch how she does with making stuff in it before deciding on whether or not to buy one for myself. If he does buy her one for the holidays then I'll buy her some accessories to go with it. Some of the foil pans Dee suggested and maybe a steam diverter thing, whatever that is, like Andrea mentioned. I'm wondering if there are any other accessories people use and find handy to have on hand, and if they're happy or not with the model/size they chose?

We have the egg rack too. It lets us cook a dozen eggs at once.

girl_dee 10-13-2018 05:29 PM

Quote:

If you google it, you will see a LOT of options for accessories.

girl_dee 10-14-2018 05:15 PM

Oh i think this would be great!

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon...._AC_SS350_.jpg

MsTinkerbelly 10-14-2018 07:46 PM

Quote:

I have the 8qt size, and it works as well for small portions as it does for large portions....even with my limited space in our travel trailer, i’m glad I bought the biggest size.

girl_dee 10-14-2018 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsTinkerbelly (Post 1228030)
I have the 8qt size, and it works as well for small portions as it does for large portions....even with my limited space in our travel trailer, i’m glad I bought the biggest size.

Yes and like it says, you aren’t cooking all of the 8 quarts, so if you plan on cooking 6 quarts you need the bigger one.

FireSignFemme 10-15-2018 07:02 PM

The tips are really helpful. They've got plenty of space and she'll use it a lot, especially if the larger one can be set to cook smaller amounts without wasting a lot of energy. I think then I'll have him get her the larger unit and I'll look into the accessories mentioned. Thanks :)

homoe 10-17-2018 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FireSignFemme (Post 1228137)
The tips are really helpful. They've got plenty of space and she'll use it a lot, especially if the larger one can be set to cook smaller amounts without wasting a lot of energy. I think then I'll have him get her the larger unit and I'll look into the accessories mentioned. Thanks :)

This weeks flier for Fred Meyer features the 6 qt one on sale for $79.99. There is also an 20% coupon to use in addition by the looks of it. Sales starts today and runs for the next 7 days! Never to early to start one's Christmas shopping..

MsTinkerbelly 10-17-2018 08:01 PM

Wait for sales nearer to Christmas if price is an issue, because the 8qt is really worth having.

I bought mine at Walmart for $99 on sale...the extra few dollars is worth the ability to cook up to a 12lb turkey!

girl_dee 10-17-2018 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsTinkerbelly (Post 1228330)
Wait for sales nearer to Christmas if price is an issue, because the 8qt is really worth having.

I bought mine at Walmart for $99 on sale...the extra few dollars is worth the ability to cook up to a 12lb turkey!

Also,

Kohls has them on sale at times for 89.99 and they always have coupons.. i got one for someone in my fam for 79.99 -free shipping

Andrea 10-27-2018 08:55 AM

Made baked potatoes in my IP last night. Came out perfect with almost no effort. :)

Making yogurt today. Seems very easy, especially after watching the video on this page. http://www.friedalovesbread.com/2017/06/easy-cold-start-yogurt-no-boil-method.html?m=1&fbclid=IwAR0VNKpKzAU2CqCQ8R-jttXvZs9kOf1Uyjzuzp_Xn6lLpLOR9ylH4wbU1Oc

I belong to a FB group called Instant Pot 101 for Beginners and have learned a lot especially since most questions are asked over and over. LOL

The group has posted a recipe for Crack Chicken a few times. Has anyone here made it? https://www.adventuresofanurse.com/2016/10/04/instant-pot-crack-chicken/?fbclid=IwAR2LYYHEvR1V2Lv43eiX0sk_JfVwWZbp2qRLdB_m Gws-v1P-we7JKx4y9WY

tantalizingfemme 10-27-2018 10:47 AM

I made the best vegan cream of mushroom soup this morning and it took less than 20 minutes in the Instapot.

https://twosleevers.com/cream-of-mushroom-soup/
(I did not put jalapeno in it, used two cups of shiitake and two cups of button mushrooms, and substituted the cream with coconut cream)

girl_dee 10-27-2018 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrea (Post 1229413)
Made baked potatoes in my IP last night. Came out perfect with almost no effort. :)

Making yogurt today. Seems very easy, especially after watching the video on this page. http://www.friedalovesbread.com/2017/06/easy-cold-start-yogurt-no-boil-method.html?m=1&fbclid=IwAR0VNKpKzAU2CqCQ8R-jttXvZs9kOf1Uyjzuzp_Xn6lLpLOR9ylH4wbU1Oc

I belong to a FB group called Instant Pot 101 for Beginners and have learned a lot especially since most questions are asked over and over. LOL

The group has posted a recipe for Crack Chicken a few times. Has anyone here made it? https://www.adventuresofanurse.com/2016/10/04/instant-pot-crack-chicken/?fbclid=IwAR2LYYHEvR1V2Lv43eiX0sk_JfVwWZbp2qRLdB_m Gws-v1P-we7JKx4y9WY

i def want to try crack chicken!

Andrea 12-02-2018 07:29 PM

Out of charcoal and since i deep cleaned the stove today, it was decided i would make hamburgers in the IP.

My honey was skeptical about steamed burgers but wasn't up to cooking anything anyway so didn't have a choice. :)

Seasoned only with pepper. individually wrapped each burger in foil and pressure cooked on high for 10 minutes. Added a slice of Colby cheese as soon as they were done.

Juicy and tasty. Will have again. Going to add pre-cooked bits of bacon in the ground beef next time.

Anyone else tried burgers? What did you put in yours?