Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Crazy dreams and possible meanings (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4232)

RiverBoi 11-21-2011 11:44 PM

Crazy dreams and possible meanings

I thought I would start a thread where we can post our crazy dreams and possibly attempt to decode them if we dare! :)

dixie 11-21-2011 11:47 PM

I think I'd be afraid to know what most of mine mean...lol

Apocalipstic 11-21-2011 11:50 PM

I dream of swimming pools and water and swimming through tunnels which are somehow back lit with blue lights.....lol.

and of a stream in the high Andes.

dixie 11-21-2011 11:52 PM

I've used this website a couple times to see what certain things in dreams mean.

http://www.dreammoods.com/

dixie 11-21-2011 11:58 PM

The last dream I can remember involves an outdoor dinner party with a few of my friends from this site, in a setting similar to this:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_OHj6jNo6kK...ure%2B1923.png

All was going well until we were attacked by a very large grizzly bear. I'm not quite sure what that could mean. :|

RiverBoi 11-22-2011 12:03 AM

Last night I dreamed that I was in this fairly empty house with this really pretty girl. It seemed that she was just moving in it or something. We were laughing and talking, shared a nice kiss, and then all of the sudden we were playing guitar hero and she beat my ass horribly and vanished! lol I haven't played that game in 2 years or even given it any thought, so, that was weird and not what I expected after a kiss!!

dixie 11-22-2011 12:09 AM

Possible interpretation for my own dream...

friends: To see friends in your dream signify aspects of your personality that you have rejected, but are ready to incorporate and acknowledge. The relationships you have with those around you are important in learning about yourself. Alternatively, dreaming of a friend indicates positive news.

dinner party: To see meals in your dream suggest that you are dwelling too much on trivial matters, causing your attention to be diverted from important issues.

outdoors: To dream that you are outside represents freedom, openness and opportunities. You are able to spread out and enjoy. Alternatively, the dream signifies your need to be more expressive. It is telling you that you need to stop closing yourself off.

bear attack: To dream that you are being pursued or attacked by a bear denotes aggression, overwhelming obstacles and competition. You may find yourself in a threatening situation.

Personally, I think I just ate too much chocolate before bed that night...lol

RiverBoi 11-22-2011 12:09 AM

They say that the average person has around 1400 dreams a year. I am pretty certain that I only recall about... 150 - 200 a year.

dixie 11-22-2011 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverBoi (Post 470682)
Last night I dreamed that I was in this fairly empty house with this really pretty girl. It seemed that she was just moving in it or something. We were laughing and talking, shared a nice kiss, and then all of the sudden we were playing guitar hero and she beat my ass horribly and vanished! lol I haven't played that game in 2 years or even given it any thought, so, that was weird and not what I expected after a kiss!!

empty house: To see a house in your dream represents your own soul and self. If the house is empty, then it indicates feelings of insecurity.

kiss: To dream of a kiss denotes love, affection, tranquility, harmony, and contentment. In particular, if you are dreaming of the first kiss, then it may just be the anticipation of experiencing the actual first kiss. Perhaps the dream is telling you that you need to inject some more romance into your waking relationship.

video game: To dream that you are playing a video game represents your ability to manipulate others into doing what you want them to do. Alternatively, playing video game suggests that you are trying to escape from the problems in your real life, instead of confronting it. Consider the type of video game for additional insights.

Since it was a guitar game...
guitar: To see or play a guitar in your dream represents passion and emotion. It also relates to sexual connotations and may signal an erotic or sensual dream.

losing: On a symbolic note, losing things in your dream suggests lost opportunities, past relationships or forgotten aspects of yourself. Your personal associations to the thing you lose will clue you into the emotional meaning and interpretation of your dream.

There ya go. Make sense of that one...lol

RiverBoi 11-22-2011 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dixielady (Post 470693)

empty house: To see a house in your dream represents your own soul and self. If the house is empty, then it indicates feelings of insecurity.

kiss: To dream of a kiss denotes love, affection, tranquility, harmony, and contentment. In particular, if you are dreaming of the first kiss, then it may just be the anticipation of experiencing the actual first kiss. Perhaps the dream is telling you that you need to inject some more romance into your waking relationship.

video game: To dream that you are playing a video game represents your ability to manipulate others into doing what you want them to do. Alternatively, playing video game suggests that you are trying to escape from the problems in your real life, instead of confronting it. Consider the type of video game for additional insights.

Since it was a guitar game...
guitar: To see or play a guitar in your dream represents passion and emotion. It also relates to sexual connotations and may signal an erotic or sensual dream.

losing: On a symbolic note, losing things in your dream suggests lost opportunities, past relationships or forgotten aspects of yourself. Your personal associations to the thing you lose will clue you into the emotional meaning and interpretation of your dream.

There ya go. Make sense of that one...lol

So, I take from this that it is the girls fault, and that when I try to have a sex dream, I get a kiss and my ass kicked. lol

dixie 11-22-2011 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverBoi (Post 470698)
So, I take from this that it is the girls fault, and that when I try to have a sex dream, I get a kiss and my ass kicked. lol

Soooooo not the girl's fault! lol

SoNotHer 11-22-2011 01:01 AM

Great thread - I've been off kilter for the past several weeks in terms of my sleep. I'm not getting enough, so I am not remembering much. I'm hoping this thread inspires me to start to remember them again.

RiverBoi 11-22-2011 02:31 PM

Last night I dreamed I was standing outside talking to Medusa and Jack on the phone. I looked up and saw a MASSIVE tornado. It was close to impacting my house, close. I said "oh shit, I gotta go!" and hung up, ran inside, gathered the dogs and went into the bathroom, braced my feet on the bathroom cabinet and my back against the bathroom door to hold it closed. I waited a bit and nothing happened. So, I went back outside and it was like it was never there. No one around me saw it, no one seemed to believe me. So, I went into this field where this man had a contraption that you can stand on and it will take you up into the sky to look for tornadoes. lol. I got on it and I saw about 12 tornadoes, but they were all small ones and no sign of the monster that I had see earlier, that appeared to be several miles wide. Finally when I left the field and was walking back, I passed some older ladies and they were going on about the monster tornado that they had seen. I was excited that someone else had seen it. That's pretty much the end of the dream. I called Angie back and went out to their house for dinner like nothing ever happened.

dixie 11-22-2011 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverBoi (Post 471076)
Last night I dreamed I was standing outside talking to Medusa and Jack on the phone. I looked up and saw a MASSIVE tornado. It was close to impacting my house, close. I said "oh shit, I gotta go!" and hung up, ran inside, gathered the dogs and went into the bathroom, braced my feet on the bathroom cabinet and my back against the bathroom door to hold it closed. I waited a bit and nothing happened. So, I went back outside and it was like it was never there. No one around me saw it, no one seemed to believe me. So, I went into this field where this man had a contraption that you can stand on and it will take you up into the sky to look for tornadoes. lol. I got on it and I saw about 12 tornadoes, but they were all small ones and no sign of the monster that I had see earlier, that appeared to be several miles wide. Finally when I left the field and was walking back, I passed some older ladies and they were going on about the monster tornado that they had seen. I was excited that someone else had seen it. That's pretty much the end of the dream. I called Angie back and went out to their house for dinner like nothing ever happened.

um...yeah, I don't think I can help you interpret that one! Lol

RiverBoi 11-22-2011 02:40 PM

Quote:

Tornados
To see a tornado in your dream suggests that you are experiencing some extreme emotional outbursts and temper tantrums. Is there a situation or relationship in your life that may be potentially destructive?

To dream that you are in a tornado means that you are feeling overwhelmed and out of control. Your plans will be filled with much complications and you will be met with a series of disappointments.
To see several tornadoes in your dream represent people around you who are prone to violent outbursts and shifting mood swings. It may also symbolize a volatile situation or relationship.

Cell Phone
To see or use a cell phone in your dream indicates that you are being receptive to new information. It also represents your mobility. Alternatively, the dream signifies lack of understanding. Perhaps you are having difficulties getting through to someone.

Dinner
To dream that you are eating dinner alone indicates that you need to do some serious thinking about your goals and directions in life. Alternatively, it may represent independence or lack of social skills.

To dream that you are eating dinner with others signifies your acceptance or others. It is a time to reflect and share past experiences. It also suggests that you see everyone as an equal.
To dream that you are a guest at a dinner party signifies enjoyable pleasures with close friends.

Meals
To see meals in your dream suggest that you are dwelling too much on trivial matters, causing your attention to be diverted from important issues. Alternatively, you may be lacking spiritual enrichment and sensual expression.

PinkieLee 11-22-2011 02:44 PM

I constantly feel dream about walking up and/or down stairs. Most of the time it's a struggle to walk up and walking down the steps are always steep.

Thanks to dixie, I looked up the meaning from her link....

To dream that you are walking up a flight of stairs indicate that you are achieving a higher level of understanding. You are making progress into your spiritual, emotional or material journey. The dream is also analogous to material and thoughts that are coming to the surface.

To dream that you are walking down a flight of stairs represents your repressed thoughts. You are regressing back into your unconscious. It also refers to the setbacks that you are experiencing in your life. If you are afraid of going down the stairs, then it means that you are afraid to confront your repressed emotions and thoughts.

Not gonna lie, this is dead on!

Sparx1_1 11-22-2011 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dixielady (Post 470678)
The last dream I can remember involves an outdoor dinner party with a few of my friends from this site, in a setting similar to this:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_OHj6jNo6kK...ure%2B1923.png

All was going well until we were attacked by a very large grizzly bear. I'm not quite sure what that could mean. :|

Overall your dreams basically mean that you enjoy your time on this site. The dinner and the outdoors indicates that you find the people that you interact with to be pleasant and enjoyable. The grizzly bear is the outside world and that real life takes away your fun more than you like.

PinkieLee 11-22-2011 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apocalipstic (Post 470666)
I dream of swimming pools and water and swimming through tunnels which are somehow back lit with blue lights.....lol.

here is the info from the link dixie posted... what do you think?

Swimming

To dream that you are swimming suggests that you are exploring aspects of your unconscious mind and emotions. The dream may be a sign that you are seeking some sort of emotional support. It is a common dream image for people going through therapy.

To dream that you are swimming underwater suggests that you are completely submerged in your own feelings. You are forcing yourself to deal with your unconscious emotions.

Swimming Pool

To see a swimming pool in your dream symbolizes relaxation, calmness, luxury and ease. You need to take a break. Alternatively, a swimming pool suggests that you need to acknowledge and understand your feelings. It is time to dive in and deal with those emotions. You need to cleanse yourself and wash away past hurts. Consider the depth of the pool. If you were swimming on the deep end, then it means that those emotions are deeply seeded and may be harder to confront.. You will need to work through it, no more matter how difficult. If you are swimming on the shallow end, then it implies that you should be able to easily deal with your feelings.

To see an empty swimming pool in your dream suggests that you are literally feeling empty and devoid of emotions.

To dream that the swimming pool is filled with trash indicates that you are leading a lifestyle of excess. You need to tone it down and discard some of the negative emotions in your life.

Tunnel

To see a tunnel in your dream represents the vagina, womb, and birth. Thus it may refer to a need for security and nurturance.

To dream that you are going through a tunnel suggests that you are exploring aspects of your unconscious. You are opening yourself to a brand new awareness. Alternatively, it indicates your limited perspective as in the phrase "tunnel vision". Are you being close minded or narrow minded in some issue?

To see the light at the end of a tunnel symbolizes hope. You will navigate through life and all its difficulties with great success. Alternatively, it also indicates the end of your journey and the realization of your goals

smouldering 11-22-2011 02:52 PM

Last night I had a bit of an odd dream..

If anyone who ha seen Weeds knows who im talking about, He was the Governor of Mexico, Nancy's husband-- anyway he is the Governor of wherever it is that I am at the moment, he calls me in to tell me that he wants me to kill another important figure.. it was almost like I was some sort of an Assassin or something lol and a friend of mine was there with me and he was kind of like my conscious in a way I dunno I don't remember much but just that I turned to my friend Jason and was like.. "did you hear what he just asked me?" and then we walked around a lot discussing what I could do..

The day before i had a dream that I packed everyone up into the truck, animals and all and we went driving around to different states looking for nice rental homes.

RiverBoi 11-22-2011 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apocalipstic (Post 470666)

Blue
Blue represents truth, wisdom, heaven, eternity, devotion, tranquility, loyalty and openness. Perhaps you are expressing a desire to get away. The presence of this color in your dream, may symbolize your spiritual guide and your optimism of the future. You have clarity of mind. Alternatively, the color blue may also be a metaphor for "being blue" and feeling sad.

If you are wearing light blue in your dream, then it symbolizes your creativity. You like to pace yourself in whatever you are doing.

Sparx1_1 11-22-2011 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverBoi (Post 470682)

Kissing the girl and the empty house is simply your desire to find someone. The empty house literally represents a lack of baggage and a possible willingness to start fresh. For the rest to make any sense it depends on how you felt about the dream.

The video game itself really has no meaning - the fact that the girl disappeared is what is important.

If you felt good about it, then it's an indication that you are not necessarily looking for anything serious or permanent right now. If you felt bad, then it means you could be worried that you might end up with someone who will not be there for you.

JAGG 11-22-2011 02:54 PM

How strange to find this thread today. Just this morning I was thinking to myself, I have had a lot of dreams that make no sense what so ever. I couldn't even begin to guess what they mean. But for some odd reason its happened a lot recently.

RiverBoi 11-22-2011 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smouldering (Post 471092)
Last night I had a bit of an odd dream..

If anyone who ha seen Weeds knows who im talking about, He was the Governor of Mexico, Nancy's husband-- anyway he is the Governor of wherever it is that I am at the moment, he calls me in to tell me that he wants me to kill another important figure.. it was almost like I was some sort of an Assassin or something lol and a friend of mine was there with me and he was kind of like my conscious in a way I dunno I don't remember much but just that I turned to my friend Jason and was like.. "did you hear what he just asked me?" and then we walked around a lot discussing what I could do..

The day before i had a dream that I packed everyone up into the truck, animals and all and we went driving around to different states looking for nice rental homes.

Assassin
To dream that you have been assassinated represents a hopeless situation that needs your immediate attention and action.

To dream that you are a witness to an assassin indicates that you need to pay more attention to some small detail. Do not overlook the seemingly insignificant things in life.
To dream that you are an assassin implies that you are trying to kill an aspect of yourself. Perhaps you are trying to put an end to a habit or relationship. Consider the characteristics of the person you are trying to assassinate and how these qualities relate to you.

smouldering 11-22-2011 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverBoi (Post 471098)
Assassin
To dream that you have been assassinated represents a hopeless situation that needs your immediate attention and action.

To dream that you are a witness to an assassin indicates that you need to pay more attention to some small detail. Do not overlook the seemingly insignificant things in life.
To dream that you are an assassin implies that you are trying to kill an aspect of yourself. Perhaps you are trying to put an end to a habit or relationship. Consider the characteristics of the person you are trying to assassinate and how these qualities relate to you.

Thank you very much for the interpretation, the latter definitely makes sense- in a way i've been in the process of slowly starting over again and in several months hope to relocate :)

Sparx1_1 11-22-2011 03:12 PM

Quote:

Tornados are a pretty common theme for people who are in a situation where they fear there is something in their life that could go horribly wrong if they let their guard down for even a minute. You were distracted (on the phone) and suddenly there is was. You have a back up plan ready to go at a moments notice (hiding in the bathroom) but nothing happened - meaning you are not really sure if your plan will actually work if you have to use it.

The contraption is preventative measures. If you can get up high enough you can see what's going on and identify the issues (12 little tornadoes) that surround the bigger problem. This is the part of the dream you should focus on... finding ways to learn more about the issue(s) that may be impacting you. Identifying the little tornadoes made the big one go away.

The fact of people not believing is an indication that the people you normally turn to for support may not have the ability to help you in the ways they normally would - likely because they simply do not have the necessary experience. The two old ladies (experience and wisdom) however may have ideas and solutions you can use so keep your eye out for other ways to get the information/support you need.

WomenMoveMe 04-01-2012 06:46 AM

I was walking to a party. I was on a ridge of sorts with a very deep long drop on the left, and a snowy slope on the right. As I walked, some men began to chase me. I opted to drop down the snowy slope in effort to either hide or get away. I am unclear on my reasoning as this is a dream after all.

I slid down the snowy slope. I was unseen by the men and they passed. As I began to struggle to climb up the slope back to the top of the ridge, I saw the hands and feet of small children sticking out of the snow. I know they were children because they were small. At first they appear to be mannequins or just really waxy. They seemed to not be real people. Yet, as I try to make the climb, it becomes known to me that I am in some sort of boneyard cloaked by the snow. The bones are real, and they are everywhere. The entirety of this hillside is nothing but bones.

I am really struggling to make my way up the hill. With every move, I sink down into these bones. I have blood all over me and it is just such a struggle. It is disgusting. I can actually 'smell' the decay.

I finally made my way to the top. I am exhausted and bloody. I take a shower in a public shower somewhere. I seemed to know it and was not at all alarmed that others were in there showering with me. After the shower, I realize I have no other clothes and have to put the bloody, smelly clothes back on.

I continue on to the party that was my destination to begin with. I get there but do not go in. I look through this really large rectangular window and see everyone is having sex. I watch for quite some time, but do not go in.

Then I am on a bus. Police are on the bus asking me if I had attended the party. I tell them I had not. I tell them I had seen the party, but did not attend. They accuse me of hosting the party and take me to jail.

I am not in jail, but rather working there. (I work in a prison so that part makes sense anyway). However, I am not a Lieutenant at this prison, I empty garbage cans. All the cans are empty, but I empty them anyway.

That is all I remember.

deedarino 04-01-2012 09:26 AM

I rarely dream anymore…or at least remember them. Today I woke feeling exhausted and took notes of my dream. By the way, I don’t use fuck very often but in my dream it was rampant:

I took my dad to the bank, he was very worried for some reason. He seemed to think the bank wasn’t going to help him so I told him I would. When we got there, no one would help so I asked to speak to the manager. The bank manager was an asshole but I felt like one too so she didn’t want to fuck with me. I told her to (among other things)…get the check cleared and to get it done before 4…my dad was very worried he would not have any money for the weekend.

I walked out feeling rather assertive but my dad was still worried…my dad then turned into a girl who was very nervous, shaking, but not in a scared way more a crazy way…eyes shifting, can’t stand still…rambling. I told her it was ok, I would go back in if she needed me to. I couldn’t console her. I then noticed that she was dressed as Cinderella and I thought, ‘wow, Cinderella is really old….and neurotic”. I was very disappointed because I always thought of Cinderella as young and strong…but even her clothing was wrinkled and her hair was disheveled and I was very very disappointed. I felt as if my whole life was a sham, as I had always believed myself to be Cinderella and would someday be beautiful and strong…and have prince charming come take me away. This person left me disappointed and hopeless, I was very sad.

There was a large window behind me and the window pointed into the bank…there were many people in line, two who kept staring at me then hiding behind others so that I couldn’t see them (this irritated me)…I watched them for a long while and when finally saw their faces…they were witches like the witches from that Bette Midler movie. They had a sense of no good, not harm but I got a sense that there were NOT friendly. Because I was already so emotional, these two irritated me even more. I wanted to go over and punch them in the face. No one else noticed them but I did. I knew they wanted something from me and I wanted to go over. I remember thinking to myself, "whats with all the fairy tale bitches???" Then the dream turned into…

Me driving in a town I didn’t know. I saw a row of furniture stores, used crappy furniture stores. I got out of my car and carried out an old dresser (from my car) and started walking around with it. It was heavy.

The first store had no one in it and it was outdoors…there were only a few pieces but as I looked around, there became more and more…I started to feel overwhelmed and went to the next store.

The guy in the next store was rude and told me to get out of his store with that ugly dressor. I told him “fuck off, asshole”.

The third store I had been to before. I was still carrying the dresser and I told the guy I wanted him to fix it. He said there was nothing wrong with it and that I was crazy. I had green paint oozing from it and I said to him, “does this look like nothing???” He just stood there and laughed at me. He just disappeared and I was left in his stupid store and had to look around, not that I was stuck, I just wanted to buy more furniture I guess. When I saw that all he had was junk, I came back for my dresser and I couldn’t find it. I was surrounded with dressers with more green paint and some had writing on them, all were dirty and peeling, and falling apart. I told him these weren’t mine but he started to yell at me. I yelled back, I told him I was going to tell everyone about him and his fucking store.

I started back to the car carrying my dresser, or the imposter (which pissed me off even more), and I dropped it...it broke into about 50 pieces and I began to cry. I just started running, trying to avoid the stores I had to go back through…I passed a lot of people who were also running…people who shouldn’t be running like business men, and a lady in high heels…but they were running too. I then noticed that I was only in my underwear and I thought, wow people must be thinking that they don’t see something like this every day. I was also surprised by how fast I could run. Somehow this made me sad so I ran faster, in my underwear. Crying. I never reached the car.

Ciaran 04-01-2012 10:28 AM

Most of my dreams are probably better categorised as nightmares. I have a number that occasionally recur in a broad sense.

One involves planes. I'm always standing on a bridge and I see planes in the sky. Then, one by one, they fall to the ground and crash. It's quite unsettling.

Another involves water - and I'm running from a great wall of water / tsunami which always inevitably catches up with me.

I also occasionally had dreams involving animals - not cats and dogs but working animals (horses, cattle etc). Often these dreams involved dead animals and were fairly stark. The most recent involved a galloping horse that bolted.

I've had vivid dreams, usually nightmares, since early childhood. I don't try to interpret them as, to me, they are what they are. I'm not a good sleeper and it is probably the interrupted sleep that helps me to remember more of these dreams than most.

More importantly, I suffer from sleep paralysis which has a much more "real" quality than a dream and has been very unsettling at times.

Turtle 04-01-2012 10:58 AM

Somebody just told me about this book the other day. She said it helped a lot!

Sleep Paralysis: A Guide to Hypnagogic Visions and Visitors of the Night by Ryan Hurd

Ciaran 04-01-2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turtle (Post 557198)
Somebody just told me about this book the other day. She said it helped a lot!

Sleep Paralysis: A Guide to Hypnagogic Visions and Visitors of the Night by Ryan Hurd

It really can be incredibly frightening. I try to understand it - in particular, what is it about some of us that causes this to happen.

For me, the presence that I feel in the room is always demonic. As a Catholic, I'm never certain what of these experiences can be partly explained in a rational, medical sense and what cannot.

girl_dee 04-01-2012 02:38 PM

there is a theory that you dream about what you want the most, and what you fear the most.

Ciaran 04-01-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by June (Post 557303)
Ciaran -- I've been meaning to ask you about the sleep paralysis, you had mentioned it to me before.

I had something like that happen a couple of months ago, I was napping in the middle of the day, kind of laying on my side when I felt like someone was leaning over me, pressing down with their upper body so I couldn't move. I was trying to call out for help, but of course, no sound would come out, it felt very real to me, like I was awake and could feel the pressure acutely.

Is that similar to what you have experienced? Or does yours not manifest with a "being" pressing down on you?

June - yes, that very definitely sounds like sleep paralysis to me and is often very similar to what I would experience. I usually feel like I am being held down and, although I struggle, I just cannot move. I assume that this is where the term "paralysis" comes from. I do try to call out but, again, am unable to.

Of course, I never see the person holding me down, other than a dark shadow. Occasionally, I do not have the "held down" feeling but still feel a sinister presence in the room and am unable to move. All-in-all, it can be very frightening as it all seems so real and, in at least some senses, it is all too real.

I'm interested in sleep paralysis and trying to understand why I suffer from it, esp. as it seems much more prevalent in some cultures than in others and, also, that the person / force that people belive is holding them down differs, presumably depending upon their own belief system - probably why I always assume / perceive a demonic presence whereas it may be different to those with other beliefs.

deedarino 04-01-2012 04:13 PM

We did a little research on this in one of my psych classes...our bodies are immobilized during REM sleep. In cases of sleep paralysis, the person somehow is awakened before the end of the process...this doesn't give your body a chance to "come to" before you do. Often you are still not all the way out of it so you can experience visions or nightmares. Your eyes can see a chair in the corner but your brain isn't registering it as a chair...it can become a monster. If you are aware of the feeling of something on your chest, you can believe that someone is there holding you down. It is frightening.

Sleep paralysis can be caused by stress and can be a symptom of narcolepsy.

girl_dee 04-01-2012 07:33 PM

Wow lots of good stuff here, i have major issues around dreams/nightmares but it's nice to know i am not the only one.

morningstar55 04-01-2012 07:42 PM

i have a lot of dreams which there's always horses.
sometimes i have dreams where my truck is a issue and driving wierd roads... i know that stems from my job.......
i remember some dreams i had like yrs ago...
and sometimes i have dreams where when i wake up ......... i know i had one about something but cant remember it ....

not to long ago..... i had a dream where i was above the earth and looking for this place in space where i sleep at .. and couldnt remember how to get there. ......... now that has stuck in my mind and was soo vivid.
I have no idea what that was about.

btw ... nice thread
:)

Ginger 04-01-2012 08:06 PM

I dreamed I lived in a studio apartment with a lover and my parents.

I got up to make sure the doors were locked, and saw a man chasing another man in the street and yelling, "You have to love me!" I thought to myself, that gay couple is having a fight.

I continued locking the doors, and had a hard time with one of them. I moved on to the next door, and suddenly, the two guys from outside, plus a woman holding a burning pan of food, were standing in the apartment with me.

I sensed that they were extremely dangerous. "You have to get out," I said, and the woman said, "We just want to talk with you about something." I knew they planned to kill me and I yelled for my father.

I woke up yelling, "Dad!" I was so shaken, I couldn't remember where I lived. I thought the bedroom was the whole apartment. I couldn't remember who I lived with. My heart was pounding for a long time.

It's the worst dream I've had since college. I felt really anxious the next day.

My dad, in real life, is very sick and just had a stroke, but he's not in imminent danger of dying.

I think though, that as we lose our parents in middle age, the cushion we thought we were long over, is suddenly scary to lose.

princessbelle 04-01-2012 08:22 PM

Oh i'm so glad sleep paralysis got brought up!!!!

It's happened to me for many years. When it first started i was in nursing school and continued when i worked long hours in the hospital. I had a friend that was a neurologist and one day over lunch she educated me on it.

She said to think of it like this...your body is still asleep but your mind is awake. I know when it happens to me, i can open my eyes and see everything and sometimes i hear a roaring noise that is almost deafening and banging. What i do to get out of it is to focus and start moving one part of me, i usually concentrate on my toe for example. Once i can wiggle that a little i slowly will wake my body up. It is very hard to deal with and it is frightening. I also feel that i'm screaming to the top of my lungs and have been told i'm barely making a whisper. As soon as someone can touch me, my body wakes up and all is well. I have to always educate my partners to watch out for these little whimpers i make and to please just touch me.

Thankfully, i barely have them anymore and the neurologist did say that stress and being over tired brings these on more than anything.

Oh and deedarino is so right about the physiology of it all. It usually happens when you are first going to sleep or about to wake up. It has been studied for years and everything from epilepsy to demonology has been deemed the cause. But, i have been reassured it's just REM sleep patterns that are interrupted due to stress. Still scary stuff!!!!

So, basically if you are having them....chill out. You need rest and relaxation. Most likely near a beach. :)