Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fine Wine: Folks Over 50 (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   If you're 60 or older, come join me. Let's talk, hang out, tease and support each other. (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1901)

iamkeri1 08-22-2010 06:40 PM

If you're 60 or older, come join me. Let's talk, hang out, tease and support each other.

Hi y'all,
I'd love to talk to you silver-fox butches, femmes and FTM's (or those elders of other persuasions.) I'm over sixty and feel great most of the time. I have lots of energy and lots of dreams I still hope to achieve. I also have times of sadness and pain. I'd like to have someone in my age group to talk these things over with.

Care to join me?
Many Smooches,
Keri

Rockinonahigh 08-22-2010 07:36 PM

Hello Keri,how r u doing? Im over 60 slowly geting more of a silver fox every day,been told I should dye my hair to atract women cause id look younger than I already do..I keep telling them that age is like good wine...only gets better with time.

Greco 08-22-2010 08:02 PM

Silver, Grey, the best is yet to come...

Definitely agree with you there Rockinonahigh, no need for dyed
hair...what has challenged us in life is what has defined us, so
the silver is golden!

Best, Greco

Jude 08-22-2010 10:09 PM

I'd love to participate, but....

Hi, I just re-found this forum. Joined in January and promptly forgot all about it, so I have no idea yet how to navigate my way around in here. Hope you all will start up a thread for women over 50. We're really infinitely more interesting than our younger sisters and have come to a point where we've learned some of the critical lessons in life (well, some of us). Please include me in your posts.
I need to finish my profile and add a photo -- being just old enough to be frazzled by all this high tech stuff that won't accept a pic over such and such pixels. Anyone on the east coast? I dye my hair cause it makes me feel good and I'm sticking to that story.

Liam 08-22-2010 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jude (Post 178591)
Hi, I just re-found this forum. Joined in January and promptly forgot all about it, so I have no idea yet how to navigate my way around in here. Hope you all will start up a thread for women over 50. We're really infinitely more interesting than our younger sisters and have come to a point where we've learned some of the critical lessons in life (well, some of us). Please include me in your posts.
I need to finish my profile and add a photo -- being just old enough to be frazzled by all this high tech stuff that won't accept a pic over such and such pixels. Anyone on the east coast? I dye my hair cause it makes me feel good and I'm sticking to that story.

Hi Jude, you might want to check out this thread:

http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...read.php?t=317

Soft*Silver 08-22-2010 11:10 PM

can I come in here if I am a silver-lover? :moonstars:

AtLast 08-23-2010 12:58 AM

I'm in..... 59 and 1/2 ....... counts, right?

Old dogs are good dogs!!

Soft*Silver 08-23-2010 01:00 AM

and the only kind of dog I will have! LOL

MysticOceansFL 08-23-2010 05:40 AM

Hello fellow older chatters

Jude 08-23-2010 07:26 PM

Thank you. I'll try to follow both. Someone suggested a chat room for people over 50. I'm in if it flies. Perhaps a regular meeting day and time, at least at first? Whole lot of topics that just aren't shared by our younger sisters and brothers. New opportunities, new problems.... would be terrific to have a discussion group.

iamkeri1 09-18-2010 07:13 PM

Good eventide to all you wise elders. S'up?
Smooches,
Keri

Rockinonahigh 09-18-2010 07:55 PM

Hi Keri.well what am I up to...lets see.Yesterday I went to the last of my rehab visits, so they say for my back .The therapist said I was doing just fine but need to keep doing the exersises he gave me to do,then gave me more to do for the mid back.My appointment with the sergons is late next month,acording to rehab all I need is the right kind of help to get over the last bit of work keeping my back stronger (core muscels).I doubt any surgery is needed but may end up with the shots to block some nerves..ouch!Its never going to be like it was before but atleast better and I will be able to do more than I have in a long time.
Then I did fur kid laudry today,gave them a bath ect,ect.I swear they take as much or more time then the two legged kids I have.Oh, I am suposed to get an appointment with the elder affairs office sometimes next week about some work..paper work and such,but I have no clue as to what is on there minds cause I was just glad to hear they finaly got me something if only part time.
Today was a beautful day,sunshine but a bit warm,come on summer give it up
its time for fall.

Blade 09-18-2010 07:57 PM

If I'm lucky and the good Lord lets me live 12 more years I'll be back:hangloose:

socialjustice_fsu 09-18-2010 08:49 PM

I think this is a wonderful thread...

I am 51 and I believe the best is yet to come. Although I am about 9 years from 60 I look forward to every year I age...because 'that' birthday means I am still here! I have spent many years learning, taking a step forward, two backwards, and always landed on my feet when I took a great leap of faith. I find now that I can apply all those experiences and life only gets sweeter and sweeter. I see things through a different lens now. Day by day I continue to have those 'aha' moments when all things in the physical and supernatural world seem to come together. And...mostly for the greater good. I am no way ready to close this book of life. Now is the time to really LIVE. To FEEL. To SEE. To LOVE with no restrictive conditions. I am now simply an older woman with more experience and I would not choose to rewind or fast forward the tape of life. I do find the posts so far on this thread as insightful, needed, and validating.

AtLast 09-18-2010 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MysticOceansFL (Post 178651)
Hello fellow older chatters

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jude (Post 178983)
Thank you. I'll try to follow both. Someone suggested a chat room for people over 50. I'm in if it flies. Perhaps a regular meeting day and time, at least at first? Whole lot of topics that just aren't shared by our younger sisters and brothers. New opportunities, new problems.... would be terrific to have a discussion group.

I would really like a discussion/chat group for us!!

I love our younger cohorts here, but, yes, sometimes we just have things going on that are age related.

Jude 09-19-2010 01:50 PM

Discussion Group for Grownups??????????????

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtLastHome (Post 193750)
I would really like a discussion/chat group for us!!

I love our younger cohorts here, but, yes, sometimes we just have things going on that are age related.

Hi AtLast. Following you with interest on the other thread. I'm a very new member and still haven't figured out how all this works (pea brain here), so suggesting that you or some other more senior member set up a time and secure a chat room and let's just do it once and see if we all have a great time and see how many people show up.

Maybe anyone else interested contact me directly and I'll be sure you're notified.

Time/Date: What about an evening around 7 est. That would be 10 p.m. out west, 9 in the mountains and 8 central. Most people are up those times.

We do have very specific topics -- retirement, travel, finances, entertainment and adventure, aspirations (what we're looking for in life at this stage)............

I'd love to participate. Thanks for your enthusiasm.

lipstixgal 09-19-2010 02:30 PM

I'm 52 and that's who I am just looking for that special butch that wants to be with me!! But I feel great and don't really look like 52...

Kobi 09-19-2010 02:51 PM

Im 54 but feeling 60ish this week. Can I stay?

Would love to get to know some folks my age. And would love an olders chat. Tho if memory serves 7pm est would be 4pm pacific, 5 mountain, and 6 central.

Ok back to Patriots and Jets. Patriots will win tho.

AtLast 09-19-2010 03:05 PM

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Back-Basics-Butch-Femme-Anthology/dp/193151335X"]Amazon.com: Back to Basics: A Butch/Femme Anthology (9781931513357): Therese Szymanski: Books[/ame]

Might be a book some want to take a look at.

Jude 09-19-2010 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kobi (Post 194230)
Im 54 but feeling 60ish this week. Can I stay?

Would love to get to know some folks my age. And would love an olders chat. Tho if memory serves 7pm est would be 4pm pacific, 5 mountain, and 6 central.

Ok back to Patriots and Jets. Patriots will win tho.

Ha ha ha ha ha, just goes to show my age. Us older women get confused all the time!
10 p.m. EST
9 central
9 mountain
7 pacific