Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fine Wine: Folks Over 50 (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   The Loft: Butches and Femmes in their 40s, 50s and over. (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=317)

ksrainbow 11-21-2009 04:22 PM

Well, let me say this! being 50 something: I cannot say that I am the most knowldegeable nor poetic about my age! But I can attest to being my age is wonderful! (only if I knew then what I know now) kinda info! Adding a 23 yr old son to the mix has added even more of "wishes"!

It is great to be settled and sound in many ways, but 'newness' is always a venue that I admit I am attracted too! To have the ability to enjoy fresh and open thoughts and experiences etc. is what keeps me striving for knowledge! Please do share words of wisdom and adventures that willl assist me away from the 'rut' that I so easily fall into !

ks

Jet 11-21-2009 04:43 PM

Hi Lofters, just got back from seeing Precious. I have no comment about the movie. Good to see people joining in the Loft. I'll be around tonight checking in from time to time.

ksrainbow 11-21-2009 05:00 PM

Hi Jet: sorry if I am outta the loop...."Precious" ? Help me out lol! I am an old 50 something :cat:

Jet 11-21-2009 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksrainbow (Post 9775)
Hi Jet: sorry if I am outta the loop...."Precious" ? Help me out lol! I am an old 50 something :cat:

Precious is produced by Oprah and Tyler Perry based on the book "Push" by Sapphire.

Both coast newspapers and Rolling Stone are singing its praises. it opened in Atlanta a few days ago.

morningstar55 11-21-2009 05:18 PM

....... im hangin here about 15 miles north of Louisville KY.. into Ind.....
bored to tears.....:whine:
i been reading some postings here........ and i must say ..
it makes me wonder how I made it this far.. in my life.... heh..
and the mention of life being unfair... and just surviving... well .. tis can be all true i guess.. and i am sure i could dwell on all that myself
but ya know what.???
i am still alive..... and enjoying my life to its fullest.. despite some set backs.
its amazing how we all keep moving forward..
its not a matter of just surviving.... its a matter of living and enjoying life and things and those around you.

ksrainbow 11-21-2009 05:20 PM

Aww yes have heard...being in Kansas the theaters are not up to the latest news or flicks! will take notice! thank you jet......

ks

Pennysparkles 11-22-2009 03:15 AM

45 and getting younger!

:3femme: hi there, I'm happy to see a room for oldies :)

I'm 45, living in the UK and feel younger every day!

morningstar55 11-22-2009 06:15 AM

mawning lofters
for some reason i could not find the coffee drinking smilie on the list thingie..

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...0725080604.jpg

hpychick 11-22-2009 06:47 AM

I'm 45, a mom of 3, a grandmother of 6...and guess what??? I'm still sparkly!!!

Life gets more beautiful as the days go along.

Unndunn 11-22-2009 08:59 AM

44 year old butch here. I still stay up until all hours of the night, but I'm much more of a homebody than I ever used to be and I rarely drink or go out to bars anymore. I truly have no interest in dealing with anyone who tries to bring drama or chaos into my life. If you don't like your life or the way you feel, work on it. I've worked hard to overcome a lot in my life and I expect others to try to do the same. I moved home last winter to take care of my mother and she passed away in August. My father, who was my favorite person in the world, died two years ago. It's been hard but I've learned a lot about myself, including how strong I am. I think most of us at this age start to really understand ourselves.

My nephew (23) and niece (19) are extremely important to me, especially because I don't have kids. Unless we are counting furbabies. If we count them, I have a black lab named Murphy and a little black cat named Reilly. Okay, more than enough about me. Thanks for starting the thread, Jet.
:thumbsup:

BullDog 11-22-2009 09:23 AM

Great thread Jet. 47 years old and still going strong. I can't say I have slowed down much from my wild and crazy days since I wasn't ever that wild and crazy to begin with, lol. One thing that I have discovered as I grow older is time definitely does seem to fly by the older I get. I try to remember to take the time to appreciate people and things in my life. Also nothing replaces life experience. Nothing. And us older types do have more of it. ;)

Jet 11-22-2009 09:48 AM

You're right. Sometimes I can't get over how fast times flies. I don't feel like I'm 53 and they tell me I don't look 53 either. lol You know, I missed out on my 40's from being a trauma survivor, and now that I'm passed so much of that, it feels like I'm picking up where I left off. I work out like I'm in my 30's and I'm really grateful to be able to do that so as time passes I can stay as fit as I can. I quit smoking 3 years ago and don't even miss it. Anyway, I feel like I'm 53 going on 35.

Hello Lofters! Gotta keep this bumped up so more people join in. Hope you're all enjoying the weekend.

Jet 11-22-2009 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HumV4me (Post 9411)
......I can just stop dying the grey and cut the color right outa my hair... yes... I'm go'na to cut that color right outa my hair.

LOL

Did you really mean"I'm gonna wash that man right outta my hair..."?Yep, you belong in here...this is the place for folks who are old enough to hum tunes from South Pacific....LOL
Awwww hell, ain't it grand to be older to remember great stuff?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNl5p-TpGPU"]YouTube- I'm Gonna Wash That Man Right Out Of My Hair - South Pacific - Complete Audio[/ame]

Lynn 11-22-2009 10:41 AM

I'm 49, going on 50 in August. I always felt good about getting older and, hopefully, wiser. But, 50 is kind of daunting. I'm told I look younger, like in my 30's. But, does that eventually catch up with someone, and become odd rather than attractive? We'll see! I'm a lot happier in my 40's than I ever was before. Coming out and being myself, and all that, is a great stress reliever and source of energy and inspiration! I'm always looking for the right hangout, so thanks for setting this up.

Jet 11-22-2009 10:47 AM

Welcome to the Loft, Lynn.

morningstar55 11-22-2009 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynn (Post 10077)
I'm 49, going on 50 in August. I always felt good about getting older and, hopefully, wiser. But, 50 is kind of daunting. I'm told I look younger, like in my 30's. But, does that eventually catch up with someone, and become odd rather than attractive? We'll see! I'm a lot happier in my 40's than I ever was before. Coming out and being myself, and all that, is a great stress reliever and source of energy and inspiration! I'm always looking for the right hangout, so thanks for setting this up.

oh wow.... i can relate to a lot of that.....
i think as butchs get older....... they get more handsome... heh
that distinguished look.....;)

HumV4me 11-22-2009 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfyOne (Post 9442)
Personally I think grey is sexy and you wear it so well.

Thank you so much my friend... LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by hpychick (Post 10030)
I'm 45, a mom of 3, a grandmother of 6...and guess what??? I'm still sparkly!!!

Life gets more beautiful as the days go along.

WE LOVE ~~SPARKLY~~!

Quote:

Originally Posted by BullDog (Post 10049)
Great thread Jet. 47 years old and still going strong. I can't say I have slowed down much from my wild and crazy days since I wasn't ever that wild and crazy to begin with, lol. One thing that I have discovered as I grow older is time definitely does seem to fly by the older I get. I try to remember to take the time to appreciate people and things in my life. Also nothing replaces life experience. Nothing. And us older types do have more of it. ;)

I have to agree here also. This year is one of the fastest years I've ever seen go by... and the ironic thing about time going by so fast is... (((I say the same thing every year))) so it seems.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ol' Jet (Post 10066)
Did you really mean"I'm gonna wash that man right outta my hair..."?Yep, you belong in here...this is the place for folks who are old enough to hum tunes from South Pacific....LOL
Awwww hell, ain't it grand to be older to remember great stuff?

Now that is a good one... I didn't think about that tune... but the tune I was thinking about was the old hair coloring commercial ~~I'm gon'a wash that grey right outa my hair!~~ LOL It's all along the same lines though.

friskyfemme 11-22-2009 11:55 AM

My dear Jet,
I prefer polished, refined, experienced, wise and /or vivacious references myself. Afterall, I have lived beyond that 1/2 century mark. 'The more you grow the more you glow'.

Jet 11-22-2009 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by friskyfemme (Post 10100)
My dear Jet,
I prefer polished, refined, experienced, wise and /or vivacious references myself. Afterall, I have lived beyond that 1/2 century mark. 'The more you grow the more you glow'.

dayum! I don't have a comeback...first time I'm at a loss for words.....

Jet 11-22-2009 12:10 PM

Now that is a good one... I didn't think about that tune... but the tune I was thinking about was the old hair coloring commercial ~~I'm gon'a wash that grey right outa my hair!~~ LOL It's all along the same lines though.[/QUOTE]

that's where Clairol or whomever got their Idea..lol