Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What word are you tired of? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2279)

AtLast 11-02-2010 10:44 PM

What word are you tired of?

Odd as this may sound, I'm totally tired of the word hot. Or, maybe I am tired of people assuming it means the same thing to everyone?
Here, it gets used mostly about sex and looks, it seems like. Just feels cliché. What could be more individually defined than those two things?

Is there one word or phrase that you feel this way (or another) about? And Why? And of course, disagree with me!

sweetfemme247 11-02-2010 10:46 PM

I am tired of the word change only because I am sick of people telling me you need to change in order to get someone to like me, i say no

Tcountry 11-03-2010 01:08 AM

HATE...my Least favorite word ever...you can dislike all you want but it is it Really Sooooo bad to Hate? that's a yikes word for me...

katsarecool 11-03-2010 01:10 AM

Tonight I am tired of hearing the word conservative. The word republican. The words tea party. Religious right.

Jesse 11-03-2010 01:14 AM

Like- As in, "Like I get what you are saying but like I disagree.

Hearing it, makes me throw up a bit in my mouth. :readfineprint:

AtLast 11-03-2010 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tcountry (Post 219620)
HATE...my Least favorite word ever...you can dislike all you want but it is it Really Sooooo bad to Hate? that's a yikes word for me...

I really agree with you. Never thought about what my response inside is when I just hear that word outloud. It IS a yikes kind of word. Lots of just ugly images hate brings up. Lately, politics have been spewing it all over and it makes me feel like nothing is going to done so that people can get back on top of their lives again- plus all the biogtry and anti-queer, anti-trans stuff. Other anti-stuff too that is just plain hate mongering.

Thanks for this!

MsDemeanor 11-03-2010 02:22 AM

Obamacare.

Miss Scarlett 11-03-2010 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tranzman (Post 219622)
Like- As in, "Like I get what you are saying but like I disagree.

Hearing it, makes me throw up a bit in my mouth. :readfineprint:

Yes! Yes! Yes! And when did all the young women start sounding like Valley Girls?

sylvie 11-03-2010 04:53 AM

peeps

- peeps is the word i'm tired of hearing...
as in 'hangin' with my peeps' lmao...
mind you i don't think i ever liked the word , period in that context
so of course, my friends will overuse it just to make me grind my teeth a 'lil..

heh..

Scorp 11-03-2010 05:50 AM

:sarcasmalert:

I'm so tired of hearing people say "Shut Up"! As in "You're Kidding" or "No Way"!

When I first heard this expression I said :wtf: ...Why are they telling that person to shut up? Rude bastids.

Then I realized ohhh it's slang for that...

C'mon is it really difficult to say "You're Kidding Me" or "No Way"....??
:eyebrow:

betenoire 11-03-2010 06:03 AM

"problematic"

Blade 11-03-2010 06:32 AM

"FUCKERY" is the word I'm tired of and can't believe there is 500 posts about it.

girl_dee 11-03-2010 06:39 AM

I know, right?

Jess 11-03-2010 07:15 AM

" REALLY?" in that incredulous and insulting adolescent tone...

bigbutchmistie 11-03-2010 07:39 AM

I hear all the time at work, "That's so gay" when they are talking about something stupid etc...

WTF? It incenses me everytime I hear it.... No one says, that so straight! Its classless and degrading... And it frankly rude...

Scorp 11-03-2010 07:42 AM

Really?? You're tired of hearing this word..Really Jess??? "SHUT UP"...No "fuckery" way..... :raspberry:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jess (Post 219710)
" REALLY?" in that incredulous and insulting adolescent tone...

AtLast 11-03-2010 12:13 PM

Tired of fuck .... just about every meaning it has or is used for. LOL... I think I need a vocabulary building class!

:byebye:

The_Lady_Snow 11-03-2010 12:53 PM

Tired of the Word.....

Conservative.......

rlin 11-03-2010 12:59 PM

i have to admit i am one of the dumbasses that use this word for everything...
it means good when it comes from me... i also tend to use the word sexy for something that is just good...
i think that i started doing it in response to folks that have the tendency to turn everything into a sexual connotation... i had a friend that imagined a smile as a come on... whoever it was smiling... so.. the evil started there...
yes AL... i agree with you whole brainedly... and i vow to myself at this moment that i am going to never say the word hot to someone like my mom or the mail man again...
im done... thats hot...

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtLastHome (Post 219569)
Odd as this may sound, I'm totally tired of the word hot. Or, maybe I am tired of people assuming it means the same thing to everyone?
Here, it gets used mostly about sex and looks, it seems like. Just feels cliché. What could be more individually defined than those two things?

Is there one word or phrase that you feel this way (or another) about? And Why? And of course, disagree with me!

Guy 11-03-2010 01:02 PM

IMHO (Usually there isn't anything humble about the rest of the sentence)